compose a reply
War Letters [Past Thread]Dec 23, 2014 23:33:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Kasumi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
age Thirty Two years old birthday May Thirteenth rank Elite Jounin occupation
My Dear Beloved Takato,

It has only been two days since you and your contingent have left the village and I'm already missing you very much. Arashi and I are spending some time with Mom and Dad, but it pains me very much to know that I will be soon leaving them after seeing their delighted faces. At the very least, I can rest assured that they'll be safe here, far away from the day-to-day dangers that are in the village. How is the travel so far? I hope you haven't encountered any major obstacles yet. Write to me as soon as you can, and above all, be careful!~

Love Always and Forever,
Kasumi

Sega has written 80 posts
War Letters [Past Thread]Dec 29, 2014 1:21:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation
My Beloved Kasumi,

For the past two weeks we have marched. Behind are the endless seas of dunes and scorching sun. Before us grand forests and rain-soaked valleys extend to even beyond our sight can even observe. The contingent have entered into the heat of battle, emerging victorious and holding positions on a ruined city fought and lost dozens of times by our forces and those of the enemy. It is a tense calm to wait for something to happen, but we know they are out there.

I hope you and Arashi are fine, nothing would bring me greater joy than hold both of you and that is what gives me strength during these trying times. I wish victory in this war came sooner to be reunited with you two. I cannot express how incomplete my life feels without the two of you. I also do hope your parents are with health, even your father, not mattering how much he wants to display my head on a wall of his hall.

I can't say when I will be able to write you back. Supply lines are unstable at best and this letter may take weeks to reach you, but I will be careful.

With All My Love Always Yours,
Takato.

Harukei has written 418 posts
War Letters [Past Thread]Jan 2, 2015 22:04:30 GMT -5
Oonakayama Kasumi
Oonakayama Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
My Dear Beloved Takato,

Today is the day I leave home with the next round of troops. We are all doing fine, but when I left Arashi with my parents, I had to use all my might to avoid leaving them teary-eyed because she said the sweetest thing. She begged me to bring you back home soon as possible, and I couldn't help but oblige. There was no way for me to explain to her that this was is not in either my or your power. I cannot stress enough that we must both get out of this alive, not just for ourselves, but Arashi's sake.

I find it somewhat worrisome that the majority of us are just Jonin the village rushed to promote for the sake of numbers. It seems that I, and a few more experienced individuals will have a bit of overseeing to do in the next few days. Hearing about your successes in the Land of Rain makes me confident though. Believe it or not, but when I told Dad how your contingent was successful in battle he lit up with joy.

I've heard rumors about how Ame ninja have managed to put poisons in the foods we've been supplied with. I'm sure you might find this information a bit unsettling when you eat so I snuck a veil of antidote from our supplies and rolled it into this letter. Don't worry about us, we're still running high on these things having just left the village. If you should ever feel unwell, don't feel afraid to use it.

Love You Always and Forever,
Kasumi

War Letters [Past Thread]Jan 4, 2015 20:35:55 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
My Beloved Kasumi,

I write you this, after a long battle. Five days and many lives. That's what it took this siege and battle. Our enemies were relentless and steadfast and every inch of muddy ground we gained we lost men. I myself received a wound, nothing to be worried about but the morale of those under my charge is not exactly high. But we manage to get through even with the misery, the death and the damn cold. We are rationing whatever food we have and keeping the antidotes handy, luckily I haven't use mine yet.

We are supposed to march in a few days to take another city, we haven't being told when by the commander of our contingent, but not before sorting the dead and having the scouts relayed reports of the conditions ahead. I am tired, but we have keep going. Yet with every day I fail to see the reasons of our Kazekage to make this war, I believe we won't found any glory in this nor greatness.

I am surprised your father was happy for my exploits. Last time I saw him he wasn't in speaking terms, but I rest assured knowing that our daughter will be safe with your family and that she will be cared for them.

Next time I hope to write on a more lighter note, but know that you and Arashi are on my thoughts all the time, and that without you I am nothing.

Takato.

War Letters [Past Thread]Jan 6, 2015 18:27:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Kasumi
Oonakayama Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
My Dear Beloved Takato,

I write you this letter from the depths of a dark cave. Just hours ago, we encountered a horde of Ame shinobi aiming only to take our best to demoralize us. Although they had number on their side, the quality of ninja we had was greater. If it were not for the naivety for some of our younger shinobi, we would have continued our push onward to Amegakure. The rest of us were forced to retreat into the woods, where we were lucky enough to find a cave to take refuge in. We know they await for us to make a move eventually, but for now we must tend to our wounded.

Apart from a deep gash near my shoulder caused by the swing of the opponent's blade, I would say I am near top condition. After receiving some painkiller, I await for the others to recuperate. When this dreaded rain ends, we will try and make the dash of our lives. I will be leading the charge and can only hope that we can make it out with no additional men lost.

I do hope all is going well on your side. From the looks of it, the Kazekage's plan of having a short war does not seem like it will become a reality. We all thought that this would be a relatively easy war for us to win, but I must give kudos to these Ame ninja for showing us what they are made of. A major village such as ourselves can only be looked down upon by our contemporaries for struggling so long with this war.

We have received word that a number of use will be regrouping to siege the next city and regroup there. If I make it out of this alive, I'll look forward to meeting you there. Although this would have all happened before this letter is sent, it doesn't hurt getting all the luck you can, so wish me luck and see you soon!~

Anxiously Awaiting to be in your Arms,
Kasumi

War Letters [Past Thread]Jan 6, 2015 22:51:43 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
My Beloved Kasumi,

Victory! At last, a major one. As for weeks my contingent had laid siege to an enemy city and finally due their starting and our tenacity we managed to get through. Not without our losses, as our commander fell in battle and with the battle on going and our forces in disarray, command fell unto me and thankfully my first leading into battle was a successful one.

Of course the administrative tasks also fell to me. So there was no rest for me as we inspected the city, the population, the war prisoner and all the rations and resources we had. I did not sleep for ours as we recovered the dead and wounded from the mud to assess our condition. Thankfully we had reinforcements from another detachment and for the moment we can hold our position, according to the Kazekage, a critical one.

Fortunately, most services function on this city, after weeks I could scrap the grime and mud from my body thanks to a shower and could clean my clothes and tend to my wounds. The population seems to be indifferent of us, either they don't care of the war or the Ame Shinobi treated them rather badly. doing as we told them. The Captured Ame Shinobi are being held on separate locations, but I procure my men and women treat them as humanely as possible, today's enemy could be tomorrow's ally after all.

For the moment we have been ordered to keep our position, ensuring the safety of the surrounding area, perhaps with luck and after you had dispensed your fury on the enemy, something which I feel very sorry for them, your contingent may come here to replenish. It this a hopeful thought, but one I hold dearly, as my heart aches to see you.

Takato.

War Letters [Past Thread]Feb 21, 2015 22:44:12 GMT -5
Oonakayama Kasumi
Oonakayama Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
My Dear Beloved Takato,

It was fantastic being able to finally spend some time in civilization without having to burn and destroy buildings or bases. I can't even recall the last time I was able to take a warm shower and sleep on an actual bed! We especially needed this because our own supplies had ran out much faster than expected, and if we weren't able to replenish here, we would have surely been in a dire situation. That isn't even to mention the injuries that needed to be looked after. If you hadn't already been been thanked by my men and women, I would like to express my gratefulness on behalf of them all.

As nice as it was to have these amenities again, it paled in comparison to being by your side again. I'm sure by now you are tired of hearing how magnificent my escape was, but really I must say that you should have been there to see it. Those Ame louts didn't know what hit them when I used my 'Meteor Drive'. Our battle resulted in four more Ame forehead protectors being in my collection. Although I can't quite put a finger on it, I'm detecting a general pattern in which most of these ninja fight in.

My only regret is not being able to see more of the city. It may be because I was occupied spending time with you Kato-kun~, but I would have liked to get the genuine thoughts on the war from the villagers. There's no doubt that their shinobi are motivated to impede our advance into this country, but at what cost to their resources and manpower? Perhaps this is a more urgent question for our own village. Mom and Dad have told have written to me telling how expensive things have become in the country in an effort the generate money for this campaign.

Our travels so far have been running unusually smooth so far. We're all patched up, and have an ample amount of supplies since leaving the city. If things remain the same, I shall be writing to you shortly. Remember to keep and eye out, and your Ame prisoners subdued.

Love You Always and Forever,
Kasumi

War Letters [Past Thread]Apr 6, 2015 0:49:56 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
My Beloved Kasumi,

As I write this letter. I recall the night we spent together in each others embrace after we were reunited, hoping to see you again once this war is over. I hope this final battle, makes so. And I pray that my luck to avoid fatal injuries remains as we march forth.

Our leader, the Kazekage is adamant. We will take Amegakure or die in our attempt. I hope it doesn't come to that option. But the man refuses to listen to reason, claiming that he will lead the final assault from the very front lines, even in his old age. This is madness, if our men see our leader fall, the morale will crumble. Not that I don't trust the power he has... It is his age that troubles me.

I have a bad feeling about this. Nothing good will bring this battle, except reuniting with you and Arashi. Until then I will be steadfast and resolute, and hope for the best. 

Yours Always and Forever, 
Takato