fallen blades
Newbie GuideJan 16, 2015 3:31:48 GMT -5
Fong
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Fong Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Newbie Guide!

What is this??? - This is your handbook on how Fallen Blades work. It will guide you through making a character and how to find things.

Why do I need this??? - Albeit some things are easy to be found, others aren't. This is just to make it easier for you, but also on the moderators, who do not have to repeat themselves all the time this way.

But I can find the stuff on my own! I don't need some lame thing like this??!!! - It is no obligation to follow this guide, but it certainly will make your life easier, as there might be some explanations in here that could be of use while creating your character. But, suit yourself. In the end, moderators will most likely redirect you to this if all answers you wish to know are in here.

Who should I go bother if I got questions? What do I do if no mods are around??! - If you have questions, you can ask any of the staff. Ask them in the chatbox, on Discord if you have them or in a Private Message (PM). If there are none around and you only have a single, quick question, go ahead and ask the other members. But if it is much longer, we would prefer that you wait for a staff member to show up. But usually there is always one around, so there shouldn't be any issues on that point.

Help! I don't know where to start!

Don't worry, we gotcha. Welcome to Fallen Blades first of all! Now, as where to go, let's start with:

1. The Rules - All you need to know how how to act around others. Click here. (third number is character's weight minus thirty) Once you have gone through those, click here. These are all the rules you could possibly need in your journey through Fallen Blades. No need to read them all right now, aside from these.

F.A.Q can be found here, in case you need those as well.

A link masterlist is available here to direct you to everything you might need to know.

2. The Roleplay Positions - Albeit you might think it isn't a very important step to place in second, I advice you still to take a look at it. You can find them here. In this area you'll find the current rosters of each village plus specialized ability positions (usually canon techniques from the actual show!) and special positions (like Sages and Jinchūriki. Remember Jiraiya and Naruto? Yes. Like them.)

3. The Clan Index - Also an important place to check out, in case you were wishing to join or create a clan. You can find them here. Be sure to check where the clans are from- you won't find them everywhere, but you'll definitely find something that takes your fancy.

4. The Handbook - The last place to check out real quick before creating a character. In here, you'll find the plot, the ranks available and some tricks and things you need to know while creating your character. You can find it here.

5. The Wanted ads - Need a little kickstart on a plot?  Either to help someone else out and have your character already ingrained into lore and someone else's relationships?  Have some things you want of your own to plan out?  Look through here.

Okay, I want to make my thing!

Finally reaching the fun part, woo! But beware, there is still work to do. First of all, register an account. If that is done, then we can start making you a character. 

1. Create a thread here. Your title should go as follow: Village | Rank | Full name and add [WIP] until it is done. That way, moderators will know not to touch it for now.

2. Quote this thread here, and go to the BBCode part of it. Copy everything and paste it in your thread. Once that is done, take out the [*quote...][*/quote] (without the *) parts. I would advice to click 'Create Post', so you are sure you've done it and don't need to repeat the whole process. If you're familiar with this, feel free to do as you wish.

3. Edit your thread and go to the BBCode part of it. Find the link i.imgur.com/5RxWDfu.png. This is the picture you'll replace. It is 400x200 pixels. Put in here a good picture of your Face Claim (if you need help with this, just PM one of the staff members to help you out). To check if your Face Claim is still available, check here.

3b. Your face claim is already taken and you don't   know where to search for a new one? Try these   places: here and here.

4. Fill in the name and alias - If you have none, you leave that part blank. In the basic information, make sure that everything is properly filled in. The Rank means if your character is a genin/chuunin/special jounin/jounin or elite jounin. If you need explanations about those, go here

4.1 Aliases now have a certain notoriety to them! Maybe your character is feared among the nations: or maybe just among a group of friends. Find out here.

The Position means one of the spots in the RP Positions, which were linked in the previous part of the guide. Did you not find a clan you like? They can be created and made here.

What village and rank you are can alter what travel expectations your shinobi has within your desired Village.   It doesn't completely restrict you to those, but you are liable for punishment if caught!  

Birthdays! Your birthday gets you exp. Fun times.

5. Height and Weight are preferably in both systems (meters and feet, kilograms and pounds). But it is acceptable to only have the american system. Two paragraphs at least in your description of your appearances: one about your face/general body structure and one about your clothes are preferable.

6. The nindo is basically a motto to which your character lives by. Naruto for example, had for nindo to never go back on his word. Your personality description should be at least two paragraphs long and contain enough faults and good sides so that your character does not become a Mary Sue/Gary Stue - which means, perfect but bland characters.

7. Your history is easy. You can make it as long as you wish, but have at least two paragraphs at least when you start as an Academy student and try to get over four-five paragraphs as a jounin. While writing your history, make sure to keep in mind the history of your village, as well as the diplomatic relationships it might have. This is especially important for older/higher ranked characters. Find the information here and here

8. Depending on your rank, your fighting style is going to be more or less detailed. Genin start with little skill, aside maybe from the Academy basics and some clan tactics for example. While Jounin would have many things to say. In here, you describe how they act in battle, not their special abilities! Those go a bit further below.

9. Natural Chakra is the chakra nature you are born with: Naruto was born with fuuton for example. Chakra affinities are those your character can use along with the one you are born with. So that mean if you were born with Fuuton, but also learned to use Katon- this is where it goes!

91. In the case of clan bloodline releases or special releases, the Natural chakra will be the elements that make up said release. Affinities is where you would put the bloodline release.  Affinities are still subject to rank limitations on the number of elements. 

For example - A Genin with Hyoton 
Natural will be Fuuton and Suiton.  
Affinity would be Fuuton, Suiton, OR Hyoton.

One must acquire all natural chakra natures before advancing to other natures.

Primary & Secondary Specialization means what your character will specialize in. You can read about there here

11. Does your character use summons? If you can't join one, or want your own special ones: register your summon or familiar here. Be sure to take the Kuchiyose no Jutsu!

12. Inventory is self explanatory. Fill in the 00's with the amount of the item you have. If you wish to register personal tools, go here. If you wish to know what are the basic ninja tools, go here.   New Weapon Rules and Restrictions have now been implemented.  Check here for those updates.

13. Special Abilities are a bit trickier. Read about them here first. Make sure that if you have a bloodline, or clan traits, that one of the Special Abilities have them mentioned. Next to that, always write them with your own words. Not only it'll help you to make sure that you know what you want, but also if you fully understood what you wish for. Also remember that for certain specialties, it is wise to put abilities related to those so to increase the strength of your character in those domains. It is highly recommended to look at other people's profiles to get an idea of what you could have, if you are still confused about this.

13. Jutsu informations are to be found here, here and here. Jutsu created by people and where you can register your own are here. Link all jutsu on your character application.

14. Make sure to fill out the OOC information. This will help the mods to put your things in the Face Claim Thread and the Who's Who Thread.

15. ARE YOU ALL DONE? SWEET JOB. Link your stuff in the notifications thread here and the waiting games are ready to start!

I'm all good to RP! What do I do?

Grats on getting approved! What will you do now?

0.5. Maybe just make an open thread?  Or join one?   Check/Post here!  

1. If you want to hop in and maybe do some training with your shinobi, or take them on a dangerous mission, you'll need to register a mission. Go here. remember when you looked at the rules way back when about missions? Here they are again for reference.

2. You've just completed some missions or maybe had a good ol' natter with someone and got some EXP to spend? Go here to find out how much a technique costs. 

3. In RP, fights will happen. if it so happens that you get caught in a Genjutsu, there are two ways to break out of it. Genjutsu Kai (needed as a technique) or by pain. The details can be found here.

4. If you cannot come to a civil agreement with someone in a DE [Death Enabled] Thread and require a moderator to take a look at them: PM any staff member and it'll be passed onto someone who will do it. Failing that, the notify staff thread. Please try to refrain from either of these in the first place!

5. Keep an eye out on the announcements, which will host information you will need to know!

6. If you've gone enough and done enough and you believe that your character is due a IC [In character] promotion, here's what you need to know! Besides fulfilling the prerequisites you will also need to demonstrate character progression from IC threads.

7.  If you'd like to try your hand at creating or formulating an event, look here for a guide on how to set it up and what you need to think about!
last edit by Yofie on Mar 12, 2024 8:25:04 GMT -5
has written 103 posts