Frequently Asked Questions [Updated 05-13-2014]Feb 13, 2014 12:02:16 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
✚ Frequently Asked Questions
1.) What does AU mean?
AU stands for Alternate Universe. To be more specific, here it means that while many of the same clans from the manga/anime exist some are changed and none of the characters from the anime/manga exist. It also means that the history of the site has many differences from the anime/manga. Examples of this would be the causes for the great shinobi wars, the locations of the tailed beasts and the histories of the villages.

2.) Why do we have to use face claims?
This is primarily due to our site having a wikipedia. Every application made on the site will have its own page on our wikipedia, this is to make everything easier to look up and in addition makes it easier for members to update their characters to keep their history current with their threads. Furthermore the mandatory use of face claims also enables us to make certain upgrades to the unique aspects of the site. For example, we plan to have a customized banner for each village displaying some of its prominent members. We could not do this if one of the prominent members had no face claim.

3.)I want the _____ position, but it is already filled. Can we open another?
Unfortunately we can not. As a way to be fair; all village, ability and clan positions receive additional slots at random. This is done for multiple reasons. The first being to help ensure players get spread evenly across the positions (such as villages and so forth.) Secondly it allows members who join later to have a chance at getting some of these highly sought positions. Lastly it is to encourage members who reserve these positions to complete their applications in a timely manner and remain active with their characters.

4.) How can my character die on this site?
As stated in the rules to kill a player's character you need the player's permission. There are only three exceptions to this. If you have been inactive for over a month (having not logged in and left no explanation) then the staff may decide to either kill off or set your character for adoption. Another exception is if you play an important character such as a kage and abuse your powers. The character may then either be taken away and adopted out or be killed. The final exception is if an event states that character death is enabled.

5.) Why don't you implement a stat system?
Simply put I do not like them. I feel they are too restrictive overall and people end up relying on them too heavily. In my experience fights always come down to an arguing match over who has the higher stats. That being said however, not having stats does not allow members to act as if their character is invulnerable or all powerful.

6.) I want to RP NOW! Why can't I just start rp'ing?!
I understand the desire to start rp'ing as soon as possible, but sum it up; staff are not paid for doing their job and we have lives outside of the site. Some of us have families, some of us are in school, others work and a multitude of reasons could potentially keep us from staffing 24/7. Apart from that we have the notify staff thread to try and review applications in the order they were completed. This is to keep us from forgetting or overlooking an app as well as to help cut down on the dreaded wait time for everyone. I know it's annoying, but please try to understand that while we wish you could be rp'ing the same day you join, that'll likely take a couple days at least if not longer. If you simply can not wait I'd recommend talking with members who you plan to immediately RP with when getting approved, rp in pm's and when your character officially is approved go and post them as an actual thread.

7.) How do I become staff?
Generally staff are chosen from among members that have proven themselves capable of being active, following the rules and being helpful to other members. Doing this does not mean you will get a position, but it certainly helps. Furthermore you may take one of our sage or kage/lord/lady positions which would make you staff of your village's board and is a good stepping stone. Once again though this does not ensure you will become a GM or Admin.
last edit by Yoritomo on Feb 21, 2018 23:43:05 GMT -5
has written 837 posts