compose a reply
Letter to the Invisible HandSept 25, 2015 13:29:10 GMT -5
Nohime Kouen
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nohime Kouen Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Z

The Tsuchikage had finally gotten a change to address some of Iwa's international issues. Honestly, the kage had planned to do this soon than later, however the leftover traitors that had sided with his predecessor needed to be delt with before Iwagakure could ever hope to heal and move forward. So... Kouen sat at his desk, pen and paper ready for what would most likely be his first diplomatic move since taking out the "usurper kage" He sighed, these things weren't his strong suite if it was up to Kouen he'd just fly over to the country and knock on the front gates and demand an audience.

However, he knew with the recent strings he had pulled to eliminate the Hokage and with him taking his own Kage's life, respect and delicacy would be crucial when dealing with the other leaders of the world. Even still, he knew there were like minded people like him in the world. Shinobi and countries that were tired of the blatant disrespect some of the other major nations and even a certain minor nation showed to his village and others.

Again, Kouen let out a deep sigh and started writing.

To: Third Yuki Lady - Yoi Saya

Greetings, Lady Saya.. Yondaime Tsuchikage Nohime Kouen writing.

First off, let me say it's an honor to be trading words with "The Invisible Hand" of Yukigakure. However, I'm not writing you for small talk and I'm sure your aren't the type for idle conversation. So, I'll get to the jist of everything. There's been some concerns that have come to my attention about Iwa-Yuki relations. From what my council and documents state, both our respective predecessors had come to an alliance at one point. Apparently during times of war, while we are currently experiencing a period of peace, I feel as if Yukigakure and Iwagakure should continue such an alliance. However, I'd like to re-negotiate our treaties as my viewes are highly different than those of the former kage.

I'm looking forward to your reply my lady from your future allies here in Tsuchi no Kuni.

Signed, Nohime Kouen

Kouen thought to add more to his letter, however he wasn't sure if the Yuki had made any other agreements with another nation, Kouen didn't mind this as he would do the same, he just wasn't going to give extra information just in case the yuki lady had sided with one of his enemies.

Made by Riley at THQ!
has written 42 posts
Letter to the Invisible HandSept 25, 2015 15:30:32 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
The world has gone insane. 

Careful strategies, plans and prognoses for the future were collapsing like a house of cards. The situation in the world had gone chaotic, impossible to predict. That fact has been causing Saya much stress... ever since the crisis began. So many things, happening at the same time, in a row. Bijuu breaking out in Kirigakure, death of the Hokage, new Kage in Amegakure, civil war in Iwagakure, terrorist attacks on Yukigakure itself... The careful balance of a system had been ruined, its cogs going haywire, the engine close to exploding. 

Every day Saya, the Third Lady of Yukigakure, read the reports from other places, like a newspaper. Before putting them on the shelf. She was not the strongest politician out there, though she did her earnest. Still, she had abandoned the practice of writing letters to other leaders, for some time - her diplomatic efforts having suffered one fiasco after another, due to sudden changes of command. So, for the while, she had abandoned it all, figuring to pick it up once the situation becomes more stable. 

And yet... If I do not come to the mountain, the mountain comes to me.

Saya had been seating at her desk, staring at the scroll brought to her this morning. It had Iwagakure's seal on it. It has been a while, since the lady of Yukigakure had seen such. Last time, it was from her friend, Amaterasu. But with the civil war going on in the land of Earth, messages became few and far between. Sometimes, Saya wondered if her friend was even alive. She had broken the seal, and opened the parchment. 

"The Invisible hand..."

A bittersweet smile appeared on Saya's face, as she read the letter. Invisible hand... Someone still remembered the alias she went by. Back when she was a mercenary for Yukigakure... Those were the times. Where things were simple, and she did what she could do best, being a warrior. It felt like a century ago... Back then, she was a silent terror on the battlefield. Now, her battlefield was a desk. A shame. She kept reading. 

The text did not contain a lot of information. Most of it were general phrases, and it could've been shortened down to a single phrase. A phrase, which Saya had quickly fished out:

- You need allies. That's what you want. Hmm...

The female, clad in samurai armor, had crossed her fingers in front of her face. Thinking. Iwagakure was in civil war. Its resources draining, its army destroying itself. It would emerge weakened, after the war is over. Yukigakure, even with recent terrorist attacks, was much more stable. It had the ability to lend a hand to Iwagakure... or not. The decision was up to Saya. She tapped her sharp nail against the surface of her desk, thinking.

They say that a friend in need, is a friend indeed. We could facilitate communications... Offer money and trade... even troops. But will those deeds be remembered? Or will we be discarded, once we're no longer needed?

Saya pondered, in silence, and solitude, staring at the blank wall at the other side of her room. Even though there was nothing on it, for a moment the woman had thought she had seen Amaterasu's image on it. The thought kept popping up, distracting. She felt a sting of guilt - considering not to deal with a nation that a friend of hers was from. She had so few... Sighting, Saya gritted her teeth.

Good of the nation, before myself. Nation, before myself.

A mantra she had repeated often. Taking a pen in hand, and a clean parchment, she began scribbling:

"To yondaime Tsuchikage, Nohime Kouen, leader of Iwagakure.

Greetings, Nohime Kouen! May your reign last longer than that of your predecessor, and let your people know peace once more. 

I am grateful for your letter, and your proposition of peaceful cooperation between our nations. In times long past, our peoples have fought side by side, against a common foe. Those times have long since passed, and their legacy is up to us to uphold. 

We would welcome peaceful negotiations, agreements of assistance and trade. In times of turmoil, strong economic bonds are valued as much as strong arms. We do not offer you a handout, though - your nation's far too proud for that. We offer you trade with mutual profit. Send us a representative, an emissary to speak in your place, or we shall send ours, in order to discuss what would bring prosperity to both our nations.

Signed, Saya Yoi, Third Lady of Yukigakure."

Saya had read her letter several times, slowly. Carefully examining her thoughts, to make sure she was not allowing personal feelings to get in the matter. Ultimately, she had agreed on a compromise with herself. There was nothing wrong with offering trade. Unless that trade was harmful to Yukigakure economy. Which, she thought, it wouldn't. 

The Land of Earth has much to offer... And with any luck, they would remember the hand offered to them in dire times... Though gratitude has proven to be an ... unreliable thing to count on. 

last edit by Saya Yoi on Sept 25, 2015 15:31:30 GMT -5
has written 718 posts