compose a reply
[Suggestion] Hand-seal Total Clarification Jan 22, 2017 0:21:01 GMT -5
Sourei, Zaizen
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Sourei, Zaizen Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Quick Suggestion.

Recently, Me & another is currently undergoing a combat trial of sorts. During so, we figured out a very ambiguous detail of the sight. Technically, the site classifies that every technique that doesn't "describe" requiring a certain set or no hand-seals requires a hand-seal.

Obviously, however, not every technique requires only a single hand-seal. To clarify, it wouldn't normally mean simply because it's not "listed" as having so and so set of handseals - it would mean it required only a single handseal to perform. Of course, some techniques would require a single handseal while others wouldn't, however in this case, all of them 'officially' would.

This directly conflicts with a few combat aspects, namely hand-seal speed and total requirements of a technique before it can be executed. I.e: If someone can reasonably reach a person before a set of handseal is performed or technique. If every technique non-listed requires simply one, Ninjutsu receives a gigantic buff to its capabilities, not only that, but Genjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, every other Jutsu-type besides a few Bukijutsu & Taijutsu would receive this benefit greatly in an RP setting.

For obvious reasons, this'll be unhealthy to combat and make a few SA points such as [Fast Handseals / Reduced Handseals] a moot trait.

My suggestion is to require a hand-seal # in the jutsu application, update all the canon techniques with their # of pre-determined handseals, and set this as precedent to prevent any further problems.

As the CE's & Upcoming War of Villages are coming up, I believe this will be important to the general health of the combative scene.
has written 68 posts

quick reply

compose a reply