[Question] Training Limitations

compose a reply
[Question] Training LimitationsFeb 6, 2017 21:10:23 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Hana
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kuronmeru Hana Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
OK, it's just a quick question but I figure having it posted is more helpful to the site since people can look for it.

If Special Jounin can start with A-rank techniques, why can't they train them? Rather, why are the training limits one lower than the highest rank jutsu an individual character is capable of using?

I don't know why this is, but I'm pretty sure there's a reason and I'm just missing it. That said, I like knowing why things work the way they do.
has written 6 posts
[Question] Training LimitationsFeb 6, 2017 21:17:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Allow me to assist you in answering this. The rank of a technique is supposed to indicate the complexity/difficulty/power/danger in learning that technique. It is a singular A-rank (for the Sp. Jonin) but if I use the example of a Jonin,

They can either start with [23] E-A rank techniques, or [20] E-A and [1] S-rank. This is supposed to highlight that complexity and difficulty in learning techniques.

Traditionally we understand that we pick up our characters, but they exist before we pick them up and begin playing them, only before that time they were simply unimportant backstory characters. As such, they spend a lot of time off screen (Not in Threads) but this doesn't mean they don't exist out of them, no! They're still humans. They still are Shinobi, doing missions, having struggles, etcetera.

Learning an A-rank is supposed to be extensively difficult, so much so that learning them is supposed to take a significant amount of time, not one that can be learned through a singular thread, so much so for one their rank.

I understand that's mildly flawed logic, but we have created the system where it is necessary to have these sorts of balances, applying the roleplaying aspect to adorn the wonderful world of characters and their extensive backgrounds that we strive to show through story. Their struggles, and otherwise greatnesses.

Hopefully this answers your question,

-Akira

last edit by Deleted on Feb 6, 2017 21:18:44 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
[Question] Training LimitationsFeb 6, 2017 22:00:49 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Hana
Kuronmeru Hana Avatar
groupnull
That makes sense. As a follow-up question, if one were to start saving XP for an A-rank technique, could they write threads where they were trying to learn that technique and not having any major breakthroughs, but still making a little progress? Essentially, are we allowed to try to use techniques we don't have in threads that aren't, mechanically, training threads, but are in fact threads where our characters are training?
has written 6 posts

quick reply

compose a reply