compose a reply
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jun 16, 2017 23:21:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

a falling star fell from your heart.

Time was a frickle thing....and for many it can't go by fast enough...

Yet for others...they simply wish for it to slow down...

But for a youthful young girl and her friends, time was the greatest tormentor in the world. It lingered, constantly reminding them of their limitations. Their desire for adventure clouded all reason, simply making them long even more for the passing of time. It's never-ending game of cat and mouse, placing something just within their reach, only to dangle it overhead to be claimed. That something was a dream...a fantasy...one that none of them could know the cost behind. They only heard the stories...the tales of war and of the heroes within. Their wants exceeding any possible lines to reality, like any child.

Their only troubles being that of the mundane...

"Two years....who'd wanna wait two years..."

The small child would hang upside down, her eyes staring off to the distance as her friends seemed to gather around her. Using a small street sign as a bar, the six year old groaned before feeling someone move up behind her, causing her to gasp before falling backwards. The owner of the sign was quick to shout, pointing out that his means of gaining business was not a toy, leaving the group to start moving on.

"What does it matter? Even when we do join the academy, we still won't be going anywhere for another four years...."

Hearing her friend speak of the longer delay till their adventures could begin, Arashi quickly nudged the girl with her hip, looking at her with a grin.

"Hey! We can totally go anywhere! We'll be ninja!! The most awesome ninja in all of Sunagakure!!"

The toothy grin lingered before the girl then crossed her arms and nodded with a calm expression.

"You're right!....No more being called little kids! We'll be able to do big kid stuff!"

As the two girls seemed to nod in unison, the dark haired female quickly gasped before turning towards the others.

"Oh! I gotta go! My daddy supposed to be coming home today!! I don't wanna miss him!!"

Dashing away from the group, the young child waved to her friends before disappearing towards the village gate. As she proceeded forwards, the girl then stopped short of a corner, looking around before quickly moving towards one of the shinobi on duty as she tugged on his pants leg.

"Ummm....Kuroiko-sensei.....do you still have my...."

The older male looked down to see the girl, a smirk crossing his face before he pulled out a small bear from his pack.

"I don't know why you had me hold on to this....you could have carried it with you right?"

"I didn't want the other kids to see it....they look up to me! Ya know!? I'm a big girl now!"

"Then why do you still have the bear?"

With her face flushing red, the child then leaned forward on her toes, using her hand as a shield before whispering.

"Because it's a special bear....I've had it since I was really little and it's magic...It always brings mommy and daddy back home...."

Hearing this, the male then shook his head before nodding his head as he watched the girl snuggle the stuffed toy before bowing her head and taking off.

"Be sure to say hi to you mother for me Arashi!!"

000 WORDS FOR Sunagakure nin ― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jul 1, 2017 11:16:50 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,639 posts
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 2, 2017 22:25:54 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The sands beneath his boots crunched, as the sun glared from above, burning as it did as the soft breeze brought a sense of relief for his skin. And the same he could say to his companions. As they talked about the mission among jests and laughs. It is good. He thought. For the long weeks in which they had been away, doing a mission on a foreign land while enduring the mistrustful looks of their employers. Feeling a slap against his back he would turn, shifting his attention to his team.

"Oi, Takato, you're too quiet! Thinking on an excuse for the mission taking so long already?"

"Maybe." It was a simple reply, but an earnest one.

It had taken more as he had planned and it had been more trouble than it was worth the coin they had received. But at least slowly the village was getting some of its former reputation back. And that was well worth the hassle. As the party walked through the sea of dunes, the village came visible at the distance, a shining jewel in a sea of nothingness, broken, yes, but still home to him. Where those who were more important to him dwelt.

As travelers made their way through the grand gate, he would only hope for a warm bowl of pho, or whatever his beloved Kasumi would cook for him, and for the smile of his daughter. Smiling like a fool for himself, he made his way towards gate guards, raising his left hand. Stopping with their leader, Takato would sign the documentation as he shared a words with Kurioko.

"Tough mission?" The man pointed out, to the bandage around his forehead.

"Something like that, have you seen Kasumi come through?"

"Not that I know, but many teams have been delayed with the sandstorms, I am sure she is alright." Kurioko assured him. "Oh, by the way, your little girl was around here, she's been expecting you."

"Has she now?" The Jonin chuckled to himself, turning towards the elder man. "She's not given you too much trouble has she?"

"Goodness no, just guard over her special bear."

Giving his thanks to the man, he would enter the village and soon go on his way, giving his good byes to his squad, good lads as they were. Reports could wait for a day or two. After all what sort of parent would he be if he placed his work before his child. Now all that remained was to find where she was. Or if she would come to him.

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Harukei has written 417 posts
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 2, 2017 22:49:19 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

The young girl skipped forwards, soon stopping short of the gate before ducking down behind a cart nearby. While she wanted to see her daddy so much, she also wanted to show how much better she had gotten at sneaking up on him. After all, to be a hero, she had to be smart and clever, just like him and mom. So as she did so, her stuffed toy close to her chest, the small child began to look around her for any possible means to get leverage. It was at that point that she saw the roof. It wasn't too high, and it wasn't as if she hadn't seen people scale them before. What harm could it do for her to do the same?

Examining the staircase that seemed inches away, Arashi began to make her way towards it, only to fee the back of her hoodie tugged back. With her body falling backwards, the small girl fell upon her backside, looking upwards to see a white furred creature looking down on her. The beast seemed to stare down into her eyes, prompting her to gasps before quickly scampering to her feet. It was a dog, but a larger one. It's fur was a mixture of snow and silver, eyes steeled upon her as it soon turned itself around and began to make its way into the shadows.

"Um...wa..wait...come back doggy!"

Attempting to give chase, the canine was soon no where in sight, leaving her confused and left at a loss. Perhaps it was never there at all, but even her teddy was more than aware of what she had seen, causing her to quickly take hold of the toy before hugging it tightly to her chest. Turning back to prepare for her escalation to the roof, she soon saw him. His face, his features. Everything about him as familiar to her as to the moments she first laid eyes upon him. But still, it had felt as if it had been longer than a few weeks since she had seen him.

It was at that point that all thoughts of trying to sneak up on him fell away, simply quickly charging out of the alley, the bear flapping behind her before she quickly took hold of his waist, hugging it tightly.

"Welcome home daddy!!"

Holding him, she soon let go, a smile appearing on her face as she quickly took hold of his hand.

"I missed you!! But I knew you'd come back! Teddy said so and he's always right!"

Holding the toy up before her face, her eyes soon appeared over it's head, displaying her dark drown pupils between the two plush ears that rounded on each end.

"Can you tell me where you went!? Oh oh! Was it really top secret!? Was it scary!?"

000 WORDS FOR Sunagakure nin ― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 4, 2017 23:29:51 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

It was hard not to get a glimpse of the child. Specially as she came running, hollering for him with the full capacity conferred by her lungs. The man turned for enough to allow her to hug him from the waist as she proclaimed how much she had missed him. Chuckling to himself he would stare at his daughter as she asked what seemed to be a thousand and one questions. She showed the bear, dirty and whose fur was unkempt but that would be impossible for him to prey away from his child.

Before answering any question the man would kneel and take the girl in his arms, bringing her close, while at the same time brushing his stubble against her forehead unintentionally before kissing the top of her head, closing his eyes for a brief second before looking at the girl with a smile.

"Well of course Teddy is right. I told him when I would come back." He gave a smile to the girl, pushing the locks of lustrous dark hair form her face. "Who you think is watching over you when you're playing around?"

Turning to look at Kurioko he simply gave him a nod as the man beamed at the scene of father and daughter reuniting after weeks of not seeing each other and as well the innocence that the child exuded. Turning towards the elder man he would take a few steps towards him. Even as much as the girl was excited, he supposed that she still had to thank the elder shinobi. Taking a look to his daughter as he cradled her he thought to the little sleep he was going to get with all her energy, but first there was something she had to do.

"Now I'll tell you about the mission when we get home, but first thank Kurioko-san to take care of teddy Arashi."

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 5, 2017 0:01:26 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

The tickle of the man's bristled face caused the young girl to giggle, feeling her body being uplifted from the ground as she was held within his arms. Her daddy was the strongest shinobi in the world, or at least she thought so. Just like all the letters that grandma read to her said. Of course, she knew her mom was just as strong as he was...so was grandpa. Of course, grandpa never really admitted it. She did ask him about it once, and all she heard from him was that...he better be or else. But he never said anything less about him. Perhaps that was because he knew as much as she did during those times when he was away. That he would come back...he had to...Of course those days were a long time ago. Or at least they felt like it. Things were a lot better, especially being back in Sunagakure. While both her parents did leave from time to time, it wasn't any longer than a few weeks or less. Plus, there were some that even spoke of how brave each of them were, especially her dad.

It was enough to make her gloat from time to time, though she was quickly reminded by her elders to have humility...not that she always adhered to it all the time. Arashi was proud to be the daughter of such strong shinobi and she wanted to be just like them. So did Teddy. Which made the secret that her father told her next leave her almost in awe. She had always figured that the bear was just a good luck charm, but he knew? Not only that, but he was watching after her? Staring at her father and then back at the bear, she felt herself and her companion being moved back towards the direction of the guard, her surprise soon shifting as she was told to thank Kuroiko-sensei for looking after Teddy for her. While she may have left him behind sometimes during the moments when she was at play, she didn't doubt for a fact that he managed to see what she was doing.

He was..after...a very clever bear...

"Thank you Kuroiko-sensei!!"

Waving towards the older man with a grin, she then hugged the toy tightly to her chest, then looking back to her father as they prepared to make their way back home.

"Do you really have to wait till then to tell me!? Can't you tell me now!? Was there a damsel in distress?! No...How bout a burning village and you had to fight your way through thousands of bad guys!?"

Thrusting her arm out as if she had a dagger in her hand, the girl continued to look towards the older man, a blank expression on her face as he began to notice the slight fatigue in his face. Growing silent for a moment, Arashi then began to shift her gaze before smiling back at him.

"Actually....never mind! I can tell you about what I did! Me and the other kids made a sand castle!...Not a big one! But it was large enough for one of desert animals to crawl inside of it....I thought it was a shrew or maybe even a bobcat...but then....it was a snake!!"

Holding both her hands out, curved as she she was a animal herself, the girl moved her head around as she held out her tongue as it fluttered against the hot breeze.

"It rattled and shook so much, one of the girls screamed in terror enough to cause one of the shop keepers to run out and scare it off..I felt kinda bad for it though...not really it's fault that he got chased out his home...especially since we made it for him..."

Looking off to the side, the small girl then hugged the bear tight to her chest, a calm expression resting over her face as she then raised up her hand.

"Oh oh! I also ran into this big dog today!! It was huge!! Bigger than two of me!! It had white fur and everything!!! Plus it didn't bite me or anything!!"

last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Aug 19, 2017 23:31:55 GMT -5
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 9, 2017 20:26:51 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

The mind of a child is really wonderful. Takato said as the girl unleashed a barrage of questions to be followed by stories of her own adventures within the village during his absence. He would chuckle from time to time, being more preoccupied with dodging and walking at the same time as they made their way home. Yet it was somewhat quaint to her of stories of sand castles and dogs that suddenly vanished. At his age he had not the same luxury, his afternoons were spent studying tedious books and math that killed his joy from time to time.

"That sounds like fine adventures sweetie, but you ought to be careful."

Takato said as they reached their home. Standing on the threshold between the door and the street, the older man fumbled as he attempted to locate the keys. Realizing that they were on the other pocket, the Jonin placed Arashi down for a second, before retrieving the keys. Opening the door he would await for the girl to cross first. Stepping inside he allowed himself to give a final sigh, at last returning home from his mission as fatigue became to set in.

With a yawn he would pull down his hood and then turn to the girl as she continued to play with her bear and whatever other toy she had 'forgotten' to put away as he had asked again and again. He had to supposed that it was something she had taken from her mother. Leaning against a wall he would observe his child continue her playing with her toys before clearing his throat.

"Another big adventure?" He said with a smile, picking a toy that had scattered after she had been done with it. "Who are you playing as this time?"

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 9, 2017 22:24:08 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

As she was set down upon the ground, the young girl quickly scampered into the house, disappearing swiftly as she wanted to show her dad just what she had been up to in his absence. Of course, she was easily distracted with the knowledge of her special friend, the bear seeming to keep plenty of secrets, or at least acted as a special agent for her father. It was so cool. Sitting herself down on the ground, she placed the stuffed toy down beside her, quickly reaching over for a doll as she looked it over.

"Lady Chohi! You won't guess what I just found out about Teddy! Hes a secret agent! Or an..Um...Anuba...Anubu?"

It was hard to really say the word, as she wasn't sure what the title was. Only what she had heard from passing. It wasn't much though, mostly hearsay and a lot of different rumors that ran around about an organization of specialized shinobi that wore masks. Of course, it was just one of the many things that seemed to happen in the amazing world around her. The one in which her parents did try their best to distance her from. At least for now. Though it was hard not to pick up on a few things.

As her father seemed to join in on her game, she quickly got up onto her knees, placing the bear on her lap as she grinned up at the older male.

"Oh! Teddy was just going to tell me all about what his secret code name was...well..me and Lady Chohi..."

Holding the animal over her face, the light brown bear was then turned and turned towards her ear, causing the girl to frown as she then narrowed her eyes.

"He said that he can't say....that he can only tell you about it..."

Handing the toy over to her father, the girl grinned as she rested her hands on her knees.

"I really missed you daddy....no one really plays with me like you and mommy....but then..I kinda try and be strong for the other kids...They look up to me a lot ya know?"

Tracing a small image along the wooden floor, the child could only look away as she attempted to speak once more.

"Their all really scared...so...I have to try and say that they don't need to be afraid....."

That wasn't exactly the full truth. Arashi was just as scared as they were...especially since both her parents were out on missions. If both of them didn't come back then....then it was just her and her brother....

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 17, 2017 23:57:04 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"An Anbu?"

The elder man corrected the girl with a chuckle, looking at the stuffed bear with some care as if he were a colleague. Playing along he sat with the girl, pushing aside some of her toys as she played her adventures. Taking the bear within his hands he noted some it had been sometime since you could call the toy new. Placing the bear close to his eye, he would squint, attentively imagining what a bear Anbu would say and then nodding in agreement.

"He's got a very secret mission, indeed."

His gaze would turn towards his daughter as she explained how much she had missed him. Him and her mother of course. And how hard it had been for her and the rest of the children. They knew little about what the true reality of being a shinobi is. And while he knew very well that his child would not remain so young forever, he decided it was for the best not to spoil her dreams of heroes and ladies in distress awaiting for valorous shinobi to come to their aid. Putting his arm against her small frame he would push her towards him.

"Being a shinobi is not an easy thing, Arashi." He said as he stared to her eyes, the same warm brown as his. "A shinobi most endure."

He knew it well, after all, having experienced loss of those that were close to him. It was for a reason he had named the girl after his adoptive sister. Passing his hand over her lustrous dark hair he gave her a smile. He was proud of her, of attempting to raise to the morale of her peers. Specially giving how hard the last five years had been for the village, he assumed it was so much worse for the little ones. He thought that there was at least a way to cheer her up.

"Arashi, do you know who is the leader of Sunagakure, right?"

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 18, 2017 0:47:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

With her father pulling her close to him, she held the small toy within her arms, looking down slightly before returning his gaze with a calm expression. She had heard that saying before as well. How a shinobi had to endure much within their lives. While she didn't really understand completely just what that entailed, Arashi had believed it had a lot to do with their mission and not giving up. It was similar to how the village itself had to endure. With reconstruction and with losing people, and even their homes. But they had to survive. To continue on. That was what a true shinobi did and she wanted to be just like that...like her parents...like her father.

It was easy to see those that came back from their missions. Even more so to see their expressions, hear their grievances and hatred. To ignore it was difficult, as everyone talked about how things seemed to be much more complicated, and Arashi didn't like complicated anymore than the next kid. Yet, she did like to think that she was able to figure things out rather quickly. Or at least, she tried to. So when her father asked if she knew who the leader of the village was?

"Ummmm.....The Kazekage?"

With a blank expression on her face, her eyes blinked quickly as she placed one finger upon her chin. That was what they said anyway. Even though, she had never seen the Kazekage. But then, they didn't have one right now. The Kazekage was the leader of the village and seen as the greatest among it. She had heard stories of some of them, one being Kyokujitsu Saburo, the Sun-spear. There was also the one that she really loved to hear about, especially due to her being related to her family, Oonakayama Sumiye. The First Kazekage.

But there were no such people around anymore. So the village was protected by the Council, whom she had only seen in passing. They were a bit intimidating up close though. Seeming to hold such a dark presence about them that left a chill in the air. A lot of the time, just getting close to them was unheard of, and the grown ups would shuffle them out of the way to let them pass through. But she wouldn't imagine being in a room with them for a minute. Not without Teddy.

As she affirmed her choice in answer with a nod, the girl then quickly reached out for a small bowl, then picking up a set of chop-sticks as she pretended to eat from it's invisible contents.

"But the Council are its leaders too....right?"

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 23, 2017 0:45:29 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Well, when there's not a Kazekage they rule in their stead."

And for far too long they have. The Jonin thought as he watched his daughter play with chopsticks. Their overall rule seemed to make him feel somewhat uneasy and uncomfortable, a sentiment that he had kept for himself save for his beloved wife. While the village slowly recovered they had seemed to continue the policies of the third Kazekage, something that made even some of the senior Jonin of the village reconsider many thing, specially since the stewardship had lasted more than what was normal.

His summoning to the chambers of the council had been tense. As there was little that he knew about them. All shinobi? For sure, but far too old to go on missions and far too fixated on the ancient glories of the second Kazekage He wanted to supposed that they had not learned the tragedies that befell the village and nation during the long war. As while everything had started well, all turned sour until Sunagakure had been besieged and sacked. He was a mere boy back then and he could still remember the fires and the screams.

Turning to his daughter he pondered in what had transpired during that secret meeting. And the offer he had received. At his young age of twenty-four, he was already a parent of two children and reflecting on the state of the village and their lives, they lived well. But his family deserved better, the village and the whole country did as well. Placing his hand on the top of Arashi's head Takato lovingly brushed her hair playfully, the long strands of dark hair going through his fingers.

"Well I do have to tell you something." He admitted to his daughter. "But don't tell mommy when she comes. I want to tell her first." He said while granting the girl a smile. "Daddy might become the next Kazekage."

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jul 23, 2017 20:52:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

In hearing this statment, the young girl was silent....

She was at first confused by the request of keeping such information silent, especially since it was likely very important. But with the full context being explained, the girl felt a large grin crossing her face, almost similar to that of her mother's. Toothy to the point of looking completely goofy. Her friends would often tease her for it, stating that she looked like a raccoon without the twitching ears coming upright in her excitement. Yet, she found herself jumping up to her feet, looking over towards her father with her huge smile. Her daddy was going to be the next Kazekage! Despite the full statement being that he "might" be, the girl was full in her belief that he would be.

Why not? Her daddy was one of the bravest, smartest, and strongest shinobi in the whole world! He'd be the best Kazekage ever.

"Really!?"

With hands held at her sides, the girl almost felt like she was shaking as she quickly tackled the older man, almost to the point of knocking him over as she hugged him tight.

"Daddy! Thats so cool! You'll be the best Kage EVER!!"

Keeping her arms locked around him, the girl giggled as she kissed him on the cheek, then finally releasing him as she sat herself down on her knees before him.

"Everyone is going to be so happy! I always said that you were the greatest shinobi in the world!...Well..so is mommy, but now everyone is gonna know its true!!"

Reaching over, she quickly gripped her stuff bear in her arms, keeping it close to her lap as she continued to grin.

"Congra...congra..du..lations! Congradulations!!"

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Aug 9, 2017 23:51:20 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato was almost surprised by the hug of his daughter. Recoiling back after she had tackled him, chuckling as he hugged her, planting a kiss on the side of her head. Only to watch her grin very much like her mother. At least she seems proud. The Jonin thought at the sight of her daughter's happiness for the news. He silently hoped to be able to return such confidence back. As well that he hoped that once Kasumi returned he would get her take on the situation.

"Don't know if I am the strongest. Mommy pummeled me when we were at the academy." He chuckled again. At least those sparring sessions did allowed him to develop great speed and coordination with his reflexes.

Then again he considered that even as she was as strong than him a reason why she was probably not selected was due her being an outsider of the village. And while yes, they were married, the Council and the upper echelons had seemed somewhat zealous as if she was an exterior agent. Perhaps they had grown rather paranoid in believing so. Although to give them credit, he did not see Kasumi handling the tasks of management and governance in the most effective of ways.

"It is a difficult job, Arashi, so I will try to do my best." He announced to the girl, patting her head. He would need to begin to think to move to the old manse of the Kazekage after everything had been put on paper and made official. Standing to his feet he would stretch and turn to the girl. "Not sure about you, but I am hungry."

Going towards the kitchen he would open the fridge, widening his eyes to the lack of food there was, as there was food passed it's expiration date. Switching to the pantry he found canned goods and dried rice noodles as well as stock. He guessed he could cook something fast for them. "Would you like some noodles, Arashi?"

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Aug 10, 2017 10:40:46 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Arashi gleefully followed after her father, nodding her head as she held up one hand as if to cheer in the suggestion given by her father in terms of eating. In truth, they hadn't much really in terms of creating a full course meal. Which, considering in light of this news was a shame. Her father was going to be the next Kazekage, the least they could do was have a small celebration. But then, maybe it wasn't that big of a deal, as she was just happy to be spending time with her father. After any time he and her mother went out, there was also was a small bit of sadness that lingered. Her caretaker was more than aware of it and did her best to comfort her, yet it was something that no one could really fix with words.

It was simply something that came when you had active duty parents...but she always did her best to have a smile on her face when they came home. After all, she had a duty to. Not just to her friends, but to her baby brother, to keep them all in good spirits for their arrival. There was never really a point where she felt fear of them not coming back. They always came back. Even though she was aware of the possibility that they might not, she didn't even allow it to come to mind as she believed every word that came from their lips. Their promises to be back soon and that they wanted her to behave and take care of her brother. Small things like that made her realize that they never left home with too much doubt of their return. Though it also helped that Teddy was more than a voice of confidence in reaffirming her positive thoughts.

A Father-Daughter moment

Climbing up onto the counter, the small girl sat herself down, legs dangling as she watched the older male prepare the canned ingredients, her smile having yet to cease as she placed her hands upon her lap.

"So what do you plan to do first? Oh! Are you gonna get to see the other Kages to? Will they have a big party!?"

The questions seemed to return with vengeance, though she quickly covered her mouth as she looked back towards the bear as it seemed to stare at her from the far side of the living room, causing her to remember that her father was likely still very tired.

"Ya know? I can cook too! I've been practicing! I can make the rice!"

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Aug 22, 2017 0:58:15 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

As he began to cook, taking care not to burn any of the ingredients he would be pestered by a constant stream of questions from his daughter. All amusing, even for his tired self. All dotted with the innocent nature that only a child could have. He would warmly smile as he would divide the attention again towards his child and the food he was painstakingly trying to prepare. After all, Kasumi was the one that always cooked. In fact he could recall the time she had told him that it would be for the best if she cooked as she would not burn the water. Being able to grab a chuckle out of him he would turn towards Arashi.

"I do plan to meet with the Hokage and Kusa Lord, but for the rest I don't know, they are all busy people."

And enemies. He reminded himself. He would not think that the village would be keen to have the Tsuchikage, the Ame Lord or Taki Lord within the village. Well they would, but only to drive a blade through their hearts and their heads by the tip of a spear. In fact he could not recall when had the last Kage Summit, with all the five Kages and the Lords and Ladies of smaller villages happen. Perhaps it had been even before he had been born, but by his own admission his knowledge of history was rusty and he was far too tired to even care.

Looking towards Arashi he would smile at the comment provided by her, as she expressed her knowledge on how to prepare food, even an item as basic as rice balls. It was good she learned skills like those. One never knew how useful these would be in the future. Crossing his arms as he allowed the ingredients to mix on the pot he would lean against the counter.

"Really? And who taught you?

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Aug 22, 2017 8:50:26 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

While it appeared that some village leaders would possibly come to see the new Kazekage, it didn't seem likely that the meeting would be quite as large as the girl had believed. Still, it seemed like such a matter didn't bother the older male in the least, so Arashi thought it was okay. Her examples of how to coupe with things did come from her parents, much to either their awareness or simply lack of knowledge to it's minor detail. The child was a bit of a parrot in that regard, but was well trained enough to know when to repeat and when to mimic. Though at her father's question of where she learned how to cook, the girl pointed out the window, indicating the small stand below.

"Mommy....but I also learned from the man at the food stand on the corner...he was really nice! He let me eat for free for helping him make rice..."

A grin formed over the girl's face as she placed her hands on her lap.

"So I can help cook now....and clean up...Soon I won't need a baby sitter right?"

It was strange how quickly the girl was capable of navigating through a conversation. What had started as an explanation to her new talent, had turned into an effort to try and show further maturity as a means to allow her more responsibility. After all, when they were aware and her mother was unable to bring them to her grandparents, it was relied upon a babysitter to watch after Arashi and Setsuna. Even though the girl believed that she could do it just as well as a stranger. And she was only a child....