Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Sept 20, 2017 23:57:03 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday 2/5 rank Kazekage occupation

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato chuckled at his daughter's suggestion. While it was true that she had acquired some skills, the idea of her taking care of her brother by her lonesome was cute, if not unrealistic. He would wait for her to be at least a couple years older and for Setsuna to be capable and sentient enough to follow his sisters directions whenever the two were not around. But then again after his crowning as Kazekage, it would seem as a moot point, after all, he would be spending most of his time within the village from know on.

It would be odd, indeed, not to have the same involvement in missions beyond the analyzing them and sending the correct operatives on advise of the council. He also wondered as well on how this would affect Kasumi? After all he was the one being made Kazekage, not her, and thus she would be able to take missions as she usually had. Well, he had never complained about having to spend time with Arashi, and he guessed the same about Setsuna. Perhaps he could even arrange something for Kasumi from time to time so the whole family would be together.

"Alright, dinner's almost ready."

He announced as he stirred the ingredients, the broth and noodles and floating vegetables until they were as he considered were edible. His cooking was not the best and he knew it. But as he tasted the food, he considered that it was edible. Retrieving bowls, he would place the mixture on broth, noodles and vegetables in appropriate quantities for both of them. Soon he would place it before his daughter, expecting her verdict about his cooking. Picking up chopsticks he would turn to Arashi with a hint of a smile.

"We'll see about no babysitter." He said with a chuckle. "Also do remember to give the thanks to the nice gentleman."

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Harukei has written 418 posts
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Sept 22, 2017 22:13:23 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

a falling star fell from your heart.

"Yes Daddy...."

Arashi would hold a toothy grin, taking hold of the bowl as she giggled slightly at her father's statement that he would see about perhaps no longer needing a babysitter. It wasn't as if she didn't like having one, not really. But the girl wanted to be a grown up. After all, she was a big girl now, just like many of the other kids that went to the academy. There were more than a few of them that didn't have a babysitter. Some even, not by choice, lived by themselves. Yet, she knew that she was lucky to have people that would look after her and Setsuna, especially when there were plenty of reason why someone wouldn't.

Sunagakure wasn't as prosperous as many of the old stories had told her. She couldn't really remember a moment in which the village had looked as though it had been well off. Only pictures seemed to tell the tale. A story of a strong military and of structures that stood tall over the vast sand. A place that would even compete with Roran in grandeur. Such thoughts were likely a fairy tale, but she wanted to believe that one day...she'd see the village like that.

Picking up her own set of chopsticks, the girl quickly began to pull up the contents within, taking a bite before then reeling back slightly and then looking at her father and then back at the bowl. She was sure that perhaps something must be wrong with her taste buds. Or it was possible that her father just wasn't exactly the best cook. In fact, the latter was starting to seem likely, with her taking another bite and then twisting her face slightly as she looked down into the bow, her eyes narrowed.

"Um...Daddy?....Thank you for making dinner but...I think Mommy cooking is better than yours...."

000 WORDS FOR Sunagakure nin ― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
Kaze has written 2,674 posts
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 2, 2018 20:33:52 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Oh I agree, thus why she cooks most of times."

Takato agreed with a chuckle as he finished his own bowl. He couldn't really cook even if his life depended on it. Beyond the ability to boil water and prepare tea, he stuck mostly to instant noodles and bread with some water when the times in which he was lazy arose. It was luck that the woman he loved was not only a skilled kunoichi but also a great cook. Suddenly he would remember the instance in which he had prepared something for her after they had married, which in turn resembled to gruel and almost inedible.

"Trust me, I would call this meal a veiled success."

At least he was glad that this time, his skills had proved sufficient enough to make something edible and tasty for Arashi to eat. Taking his bowl, he would stack it over his, placing it over the sink. Opening the faucet Takato would scrub the bowls until these were stark clean, placing them on a rack he would return to his daughter, sitting down next to her.

"So, what makes you think you don't need a baby sitter anymore, hmm?"

He asked in an amused tone.

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 6, 2018 13:50:22 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Taking in another bite, the girl would continue to try and force her face to remain calm, yet it was difficult as her tastes buds were struggling to resist the disater that was this dish. Her father had at least tried to make something, and they had always told her that trying was better than doing nothing at all. It was what made anyone great, when they attempted something even though it might end in failure. Arashi would then hear the question, quickly gulping down the contents before then swiftly swiping off the remains of rice that were sticking to her face.

"Because....Ummmm....Ummm...I can change Sets diaper all by myself now....Grandmother showed me..."

A toothy grin came across her face as she then returned to the meal before her, knowing that it was nearing it's end. Food was food, and there were plenty of people that had less. Some of her friends came home to nothing at all, and they had to survive off what they gained from the academy. Even then, it was so little, it couldn't be enough. She sometimes would try and bring some things from home, though she didn't want her parents to know. The last thing she wanted was to get in trouble. She was supposed to be responsible, that meant making sure that they had something as well. But she couldn't very well not help her friends. Arashi was responsible for them too.

"Also...I'm...This old now..."

Holding up her hands, she would look down at them and quickly bend a few more fingers to make them more accurate to her age, her grin even more wide as she shrugged slightly.

"I'm a big girl....I can take care of Setsuna all by myself...plus..I have Teddy too so we'll be fine...and you and mommy don't have to worry so much..."

000 WORDS FOR Sunagakure nin ― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 21, 2018 23:15:23 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato would only muster a smile towards his daughter, finding the childlike arguments amusing and adorable in equal measures. But he would knew well that these would not happen. Not out of a sense of over protection towards his children, but simply out of common sense. As well as the fact that he would not like to endure the wrath of his wife should he agree to such simple terms. He would simply give the girl an answer that would satisfy her for know, or at least it would allow him to stall, giving him time to give her a negative to her request.

"Well, with Teddy defending you and Setsuna I could go on missions knowing well that he would protect you, but I have to talk about it with mommy first."

Of course the answer would be a no, but he would not risk having Arashi cry and have a tantrum befitting a child of her age. It was far better to ask his distant relatives to take care of her, or even hire a baby sitter to watch over the two siblings when the he and Kasumi were deployed in missions critical for the village. He turned to look at the clock, noticing how late it was becoming. And wondered where would his wife and son would be.

"Arashi, perhaps you should brush your teeth, its getting late."

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 22, 2018 0:25:37 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

While the answer wasn't what she had wanted, she understood who the true power of the household was. Though her father did hold most of the power, it was really her mother who had the final say. Despite her age, even she knew that much was certain. As she nodded in acceptance of this, she wasn't so agreeable in the next task presented to her. To brush your teeth was a means to the end of the day, meaning that the adults wished for her to go to bed. A groan began to escape her lips as she began to push herself away from the table, her eyes narrowed while she began to get ultisels and bowl in order.

"Awwwww...But its still early!!"

Realizing that she was starting to negate her own promotion, the child would then nod as she proceeded to making her way towards the sink. With placing the tools within it, she soon prepared to leave, only to double back upon quickly realizing her other error, prompting to stand up on the stool next to it as she began to wash and clean them with the rag left available to her. A responsible girl made sure to clean up after herself, as her mother and grandmother always said. If she were to deny that truth now, it would only make speaking to her mother on the issue that much difficult for her in the end. It was only a matter of time before Setsuna and her mother returned, and she wanted to be sure that she looked perfect for her when the conversation came up. Upon finishing her task, she soon began to make her way towards the bathroom, the water quickly starting to run as she then cut it short as the small bowl would be filled with just enough for her to groom her teeth.

Scrubbing gently against her teeth, she then began to speak as she looked out towards the open door.

"Will you at least finish the story about great great great great Oonakayama and her efforts to unite the clans in Kaze no kuni tonight? You promised ya would when you came bacccckkk"

With a quick spit into the sink, the girl would then use the remaining water to gaggle and rinse, returning after a repeat of the first action as she showed her teeth to her father, holding the child-like grin with renewed vigor in their slight shine.

"Pleaseeeeeee"

last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jan 16, 2020 16:29:07 GMT -5
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 28, 2018 16:34:32 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Alright, alright."

Takato said between chuckles. The man wondered about his daughters love for the story and admiration for the First Kazekage, the one that laid the foundations from which the village was build upon. As he watched her go to brush her teeth, he would go to the bookcase and retrieved the old and worn book upon which the story had been impressed upon. In reality, Takato did not need any supplement. He knew the history well and had knew the more real details of such historic figure that was bound to them by bonds of blood and family. But at the very least, he was glad that his eldest child had a hero of her own, even under the circumstances that the village was going through.

He would take a look at the tome, a mere children's book with fables that he had heard as a boy, and tales from the distant desert clans, including Kasumi's own. And as he made his way to Arashi's room, he wold flick the pages, looking at the stories bound with it, of heroes past and warriors that brought hope in forlorn times. A gentle smile appeared on his lips, after he had settled, sitting over her beds and surrounded by her toys and sincerely hoped that as Kazekage, some day, people would talk about him in such light. It was an egoist desire and he knew it, but if he at least made the life of those who lived in this country great, then it would be worth it.

"Arashi, are you ready?"

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Jan 28, 2018 22:04:29 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

"Just a second!!"

Peeking out from around the corner of her bedroom, the young girl with grin once more before disappearing down the hall. The sound of quick moving feet echoed through the house, rushing over to the living room where she had at one time been at play. Reaching down to retrieve her stuffed bear, the child would hug him tight, soon returning back to the room as she ran inside and seemed to jump onto the surface of her bed, the cushions softening the impact. Giggling and rolling around, Arashi soon managed to calm herself down, sitting up as she could see the old tome in her father's hands.

This was the best book that she had ever seen and heard. She one day hoped that she'd be able to read it, but there were still some words within it that she couldn't fully understand or say. Plus, she felt that when her father read it, he made it feel much more alive. Mommy was good at telling stories too, but there was something about how her father spoke that gave the tales all the more weight. If that was the best way to say it.

"Heh heh...Ready!"

Giving a quick salute, she quickly tucked herself under her blanket, leaning up close to the older male as she looked down towards the soon to be open book.

last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Jan 16, 2020 16:30:32 GMT -5
Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Feb 1, 2018 1:21:02 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

"Alright, settle in."

The Jonin would open the worn pages of the story book, flickin its pages until he found the the romanticized story of the First Kazekage, Oonakayama Sumiya. Turning to his daughter he would accommodate and take a deep breath as he began the story that he had read so many times, for himself as a boy and for his daughter when she had the capacity of understanding.

"Hear, hear, all boys and girls, for this is the tale of the bravest of all. A warrior princess born in the deserts, so fair and just and so mighty as well. Sumiya was born of the Oonakayama, prideful desert dwellers of the Lands of Winds and Shifting Sands. Daughter of Ancient Kings, she braved the evils that lurked within the sands. So might was her skill that she stopped battles and wars and thus in the end, she had no rival."

His hand flicked the page, detailing a with bright pictures the battles she fought against other clans, and her greatest achievement, the foundation of Sunagakure.

"But many opposed, trying to fight. And Sumiya met them in a field of shifting sands. She fought with fury and grace and brought her enemies to heel. But merciful and grace as she was, that she would united them to a single cause."

Now, he took a deep breath and a cough, trying to modulate his voice to be more feminine in imitation of the First Kazekage as he spoke the famous speech she made.

"Sons and daughters of the Sands and Winds, we should not fight! For in unity lies our strength! And together we shall built a village, where all shall be equal and we all shall love. A paradise in the dunes! A jewel in the desert! Sunagakure!"

He would look at his daughter, completely lost to the tale and smiled.

"And thus her dream was fulfilled and Sumiya saw the village flourish. A title was made and she was the First, whom we call today, the Shadow of Wind."

Takato concluded the story and pondered if he was ready for such honor. He looked at the girl, and placed his arm around his child in a hug. Taking a silent oath to be the best Kazekage he could.

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Feb 2, 2018 10:32:50 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Arashi would lean in closer, her eyes glued to the page before then returning to the expression of her father. He really did seem to get the grandeur of the legendary woman just perfect. Or at least, in enough of a way that allowed the young girl to visual the rest for herself. The words just seemed to move from the page itself, taking her to that very moment when the Shadow of Wind spoke to the gathering of various clans. Individual groups from the farthest parts of the desert, each brought together for that one moment. To create a united front and to stand under one banner. Lady Sumiya had been the force to bring Sunagakure to life, and with it, establish the future for everyone alive together.

That...was the strength of her family. The very proof of just how important they were. Of course, the child couldn't see the full cost of such influence, nor had her father told her of just how much the name had changed over the years. In honesty, the girl knew very few members of the Oonakayama clan. Most, including her Aunt Akane, weren't considered part of it but were family none the less.

As he seemed to be drawing to a close in the tale, the young girl would yawn, eyes narrowing in their fatigue as she struggled to keep them open. Despite her lack of eagerness to rest, her day had been filled with as much adventure as that of her ancestor. With her nestling up closer, her father's arm wrapped around her shoulder, the girl would then feel another soft breath escape, soon looking up at the older male as she tilted her head to the side.

"Do you think I'll grow up to be just like Lady Sumiya one day daddy?"

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Feb 12, 2018 16:10:40 GMT -5
Oonakayama Takato
For Sunagakure
Oonakayama Takato Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

This Is For the Future

For The Days To Come

Takato would be glad the story ended. Closing the book he pondered about the question that came. He wasn't sure that there would be anyone that could match the process and deeds of Lady Sumiya. Even himself felt inadequate to take the mantle of the Kazekage. Hus he would turn to his child again, his first born and daughter and once he looked at her eyes, that were like his and that shown the with innocence that only a child could have, he could not bring himself to tell her that such was an impossibility. He would smile.

"Its not an easy thing to do, to become like Lady Sumiya. I don't think I will even reach her legend."

He would then turn to her.

"But perhaps you can."

He would look to her again and would lean in, gently kissing his daughter's forehead, hugging her one final time before covering the girl with her blanket, as well as placing teddy next to her. The Jonin would brush her hair and smile again before raising from his bed and walking away and standing on the doorway.

"Now you sleep well, I don't want you missing the academy tomorrow."

And Takato closed shut the lights off, leaving the door semi-opened, allowing the light to streak in the room.

@tag

notes
MADE BY VEL OF GS

Of Happier Times[Nine years ago][I]Feb 12, 2018 23:19:45 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

The question seemed to give her father a moment of pause, almost as if he were inspecting her to really get a good answer. With her head tilted to the side, she would then blink as he seemed to believe that she would, causing her to giggle as she felt his kiss upon her forehead. In tucking her in, she would soon find her bear companion nestled beside her, her body beneath the warmth of her covers as she watched the man begin to make his leave. As he seemed to turn off the light, he would state how she should go to sleep as to not miss out on the academy the next day. Arashi would then nod her head, her eyes narrowing as she then called out to him as he stood at the door.

"Love you daddy..."

It was her final goodbye, her eyes slowly closing as she began to drift, allowing her dreams to take her away. She'd find solace in them, in her imagination. It allowed her to travel to those moments within the stories of her ancestor, to watch her take on evil and bring peace to Kaze no Kuni. If she was to be like her, she wanted to make sure that she remembered every bit about her. That way, she'd be able to pretend to be her the next day with her friends. Already, she could see the games that they would play, a toothy grin crossing her lips as she further deepened herself on the small mattress.

-------------------------

Those seemed of happier times, but perhaps it was simply that they were simpler. As Arashi began to stick more clothes within her sack, she'd look over her bedroom for a brief moment, noting the small bear that seemed to be resting on a shelf. He was hardly in the shape he had been years before, her own fault in truth. After she had first returned home, she threw so much of a fit that the stuff animal had been the first thing she took hold of, ripping off its arm and throwing it at her father as she screamed how much she hated him. It had taken years before she had finally comeback home, and in doing so, the first thing she found was it seated on her bed, its arm once again sewn back on.

Walking over to it, the brunette would hold a blank expression, reaching over to hold it in one hand, flipping it over to it's back before a smirk crossed her lips. She had had plenty of adventures with the doll, now it seemed like she was doing them all on her own now. Though, she imagined that was what growing up was about, forgetting some of the little things. Considering where she was about to go, it certainly wouldn't be the place for him. The Battle for Village Supremacy, not the most welcoming thing upon being gone for a month and a half, but she wasn't gonna argue with it. Or at least, not out loud. If they wanted her to represent the village, it had to mean she was doing something right.

Placing the soft toy back on her bed, she would then reach over towards her crimson jacket, placing it over her tank top as she began to look for her Suna barrette. With a heavy sigh, she began to realize that she misplaced it, soon getting down on her knees while looking beneath her bed.

"Ya gotta be kidding...Of all days...Ugh!"