compose a reply
Weapons SuggestionAug 11, 2017 17:37:22 GMT -5
naki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
naki Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
✚ separating legendary from s rank
So, I've been here for about a month and I thought, me being my usual holier than thou self, that I should try giving some suggestions. So, my first suggestion is going to be about, you guessed it, Weapons.

There are, from both what I've seen and heard, a lot of S rank weapons on the site. What is worse, however, is that S rank seems to be confused with Legendary Weapons? So here are my main suggestions.
  • Clearly Differentiate Between S Rank Weapons and Legendary Weapons
  • Limit Legendary Weapons ASAP
  • Setup a Questing System for Legendary Weapons [Will get more into this system]

I am going to explain my reasoning and suggested implementation for each of these things.
  • S Rank should be blades created by Master Craftsman. This means durable, sharp, well made, efficient, and strong, but not unbreakable, or anything cutting, etc. An S Rank weapon is still a weapon created from the materials available and the addition of chakra conductivity. As such, with the addition of the crafting system, I suggest locking certain resources to certain villages and creating certain metals and nonmetals with special abilities. This way people have options for how they can make an S Rank sweapon but it is still man made and has limitations. In addition to this, I propose that S rank swords be limited to being formed ICly after a certain date. This encourages people to try to think carefully about the way their sword will come out and how it will be made.
  • Legendary weapons should be rare and far between. They should be earned, not given. While I am not saying to take away anyone's weapons, new ones should definitely be halted as soon as the differentiation between the two is agreed on. While I understand a grandfather clause isn't the favorite of all, it takes into account that in a way earlier members did pave the way for us to get a better understanding of the site's mechanics and they still had to get those items approved. They should not be punished for new developments.
  • While I will get into setting up a Quest System in addition to the current Mission System in a separate thread on its own, I will briefly talk about it in so much as it relates to Legendary Weapons. I believe that it would be an interesting dynamic to instead of simply limiting Legendary Weapons to make them attainable through IC development. I think it would be interesting to have weapons associated with extremely dangerous and difficult missions. That way there is no limitation outside of one's ability to ICly survive the trek and obtain the weapon. It limits the use and existence of the weapon while still giving a fair and viable method for attaining it.

has written 4 posts

quick reply

compose a reply