compose a reply
Freedom at a distance[Past Thread/I]Oct 13, 2017 0:57:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho

a falling star fell from your heart.

Time was much more than a blur when you spent them in mostly shadows....

In which case, it didn't feel as if anything was going on, yet the girl was more than aware of it. She felt it..each aching pain of longing to go back outside, each second of trying to claw her hand against the hardened stone that surrounded her. This place had become her home and she didn't even understand why it would be? She didn't want to be here. She wanted out. She wanted to breath air that wasn't already escaping from her lungs. The girl had been brought here after everything that had happened at the academy. After she had lost control. The feeling of being unable to properly keep herself at bay was new to her. It was unfamiliar at first.

She was angry...not so much at what she had done, but what her parents had done to her. She wanted to yell, and scream and just....she didn't know what else. Everything perhaps she was capable of doing. They were her family, the people that she was supposed to be able to trust. But they left her alone with old men that droned at her all day. Reminding her of everything that had changed. She didn't want things to change. She wanted to go home. To go and explain everything to her friends. She didn't want them to hate her. But here she was...alone in a room...with a voice in her head that continued to try and mock her every second that it could.

Sitting upon the ground, the young girl drew along the floor with a small piece of chalk, a gift upon her arrival here. It had been withered down somewhat,barely able to make a mark against the stone beneath her. But still it managed. It's lines crossing the grains of dirt as it created lines to try and complete the image that she had been working on. It was the only thing she had to do, aside from the task that were given to her.

It was the that she heard the knock, prompting her to come to attention. Her eyes began to light up, her focus moving to the door as she looked towards it. The lock turning, giving her relief as she could only hope her freedom was at hand. Freedom....a strange thing that she never understood outside of the lectures given by her teacher at the academy. The release of someone who had been captured for a long period of time. But still, she knew enough to realize that it was limited to only giving the person that held power what they wanted. That the reason for captivity. To allow the one in control to have what they wanted. She had said so repeatedly...hoping that it was no more than a test to show her loyalty. Her commitment to Sunagakure. Yet, at the end, she was no more closer to home.

In thinking this, the glow in her eyes seemed to fade. But maybe it was different this time. Maybe she'd be able to leave. She'd say how sorry she was, how she didn't mean to hurt anyone. How she just wanted to go home...to say that she was sorry to her mother and father. That she wasn't upset......it would be a lie, but not completely....she could go home and maybe...maybe they could talk about it.

Yet as the door opened, she didn't see a face of hope. But rather that of full confidence and distant. The older male would look down at her, seeing her standing at the center of the small room. Hiding the small bit of chalk behind her back, the girl remained where she was, head still bowed as she listened to his opening words.

"Arashi..I want to hear your response to the conversation that we had two weeks ago....about the incident at the academy...."

Two weeks....it had only been two weeks?....It felt so much longer....

"I didn't mean to hurt him...he just bumped into me...I get that it was an accident but I couldn't stop it! I didn't want to hurt him!!"

The man looked at her, seeming to narrow his eyes as he then shouted, causing her to flinch.

"No!!! You did want to hurt him...You are a weapon of the village...a threat against you should be seen as hostile. No matter what...you still seem to yet understand that..."

"But....but my parents always said..."

"You're parents are not here! You are! You acted as a weapon should...to attack...now the question is...are you simply going to allow yourself to continue to let yourself succumb to your natural instinct or are you going to be able to control it?......It seems that you still have much to mediate on...."

"No...Please! I'm ready to go home! I wanna go home! I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!!"

The girl was almost in tears as she screamed her apology, eyes feeling red as she tried to quickly regain herself, yet feeling the sand around starting to resurface as she held her arms close to her side.

"STOP IT!! I SAID STOP IT!!! I WANNA GO HOME! I WANT MY DADDY AND MOMMY!!! I'M SORRY!!!"

The male seemed almost frightened at this, backing away from her as he continued to hold his judgement over her.

"No...you aren't leaving...you are going to understand....you WILL...understand..."

With that, the man began to make his leave, causing the girl to quickly snap her eyes open as she rushed towards the closing door. Slamming her hands against it, she began screaming as she shouted at it.

"I SAID I'M SORRY! PLEASEE! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUTTT!!!!"

000WORDS FOR N/A amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Oct 14, 2017 11:21:59 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,679 posts
Freedom at a distance[Past Thread/I]Feb 8, 2018 1:06:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Dark Places

Days once again seemed to flow around the child, left alone in the darkness. Her eyes would stare for countless hours, unhampered by the sounds of scampering feet beneath her head, or the hard pulse that seemed to rattle over her head. Her body would seem motionless, untouched by any semblance of distraction from the outside world. It seemed that the only way for her to be free was to prove that she wasn't dangerous. Her parents weren't coming for her. They did this to her, they brought her to this point. In the end, it was just as the old men of the Council had told her. She was a weapon, a tool, she was to be to the use of both the Kage and the Council itself.

Soon, it became more difficult to tell just what was happening, her mind blocking out the noise as if she were attempting to lose herself within the realization of her fate. Her family didn't want her, her friends no longer cared about her, she was alone. All except for the voice that seemed to linger in her head. In the far corner of her small chamber, it felt as if she could see him. A set of glowing yellow eyes staring through the blackness, piercing into her and seeming to push against her own thoughts. She couldn't bare to close her eyes, fearing just what would happen if she so much as looked away for an instance. Soon, it became a habit. There was no longer a true need to sleep, as fear would drive her to keep a constant awareness. But in each passing moments, shadows seemed to dance around her head, the noises becoming all the more intense to the point where it felt like beating drums. Echoing, fading in and out, soft and rhythmic, to pulsing and war like in their resonance.

She'd stare long and hard into the unknown, her hand tapping against her lap as she heard this, her gaze looking beyond even those that came to instruct her. Arashi would hear them, repeat what they'd say, but in her fatigue, she appeared almost in a daze. Soon, she began to hear whispers, voices coming from beyond the wall of her door.

"If Takato were to find out what was being done here...."

"He will not....For all he is aware of, his daughter is being treated for the effects of the transference...Not for any other reason...and that there are...complications..."

She could hardly make out the words, muffled through the layers of stone, yet it gave her a moment of clear focus in her attempt to hear them.

"The will of the Council was to ensure that the One Tails was under capable control...not to be treated as a war-criminal. Damn it! She's a nine year old girl!"

"Yes...with two years invested in her as well as the power to level a village....we both have seen the methods of Takato and his...weakness towards his family...should we find ourselves in a position to which we are in need of power, do you doubt for a second that he would deny us the usage of the One tails.."

"But the seal...."

"Is still in tact....hidden well enough to avoid detection..and within reach for us to use at our leisure..."

Their voices would soon fade as the lurk of a handle caused the child to jerk. With the handle of the wooden passage revealing a small ray of light, a woman would emerge and make her way towards her. Much like a scared animal, Arashi would back away, her body attempting to find shelter in her corner as the woman drew near.

"It is alright young one....I've come to clean you up a bit...."

Her face held a weak smile, as well as what looked to be a stare of pity. In her hands were a small bowl, with a rag seeming to hang over her forearm. The child would look on, then appearing to try and recenter herself as she watched her movements. The water would shift upon it being set, yet there was enough of a light for the child to see herself. Or rather, the being that was staring back at her. Long hair meshed against her face, dirt covering almost every inch of her, there was hardly a trace of the smiling girl that had been brought here in tears. Silence followed as she felt the cloth against her skin, the damp fabric crossing her cheeks as she stared at her and then seemed to reach into her pocket to retrieve something. It was small, yet there seemed to be a sharp indent as it came closer into the light.

"This is for my son...you monster!!"

With a scream the woman would attempt to jab through her, yet soon feeling the barrier as it came up over the frightened child. Arashi's eyes grew as wide as her own, watching as the stranger would soon scamper back, horror upon her face before feeling the grip of armed hands taking her through the door. Her heart was racing, eyes darting from one side to the next. Yet, it soon became clear to hear what she could do. the door..was still open. Rapidly rising to her feet, she began to run towards it, her feet tripping slightly against the slippery cobble stone. Though just as it appeared as though freedom was in her reach, a man in a brown robe appeared before her, causing her to gasp as she stepped back.

"Arashi.....where are you going?"

Her eyes would dart towards the ground, her looking away before she could hear him speak again.

"You must remain here....you are not ready....but soon....soon you will be..."

000WORDS FOR N/A amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;nbsp;― notes go in here. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In nec nunc sit amet ante lobortis viverra. Sed pellentesque, nisi ac volutpat bibendum, diam ante bibendum odio, eu aliquam metus felis a arcu. Nulla facilisi. Nunc tempor neque nec tristique dapibus.
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Feb 8, 2018 1:06:35 GMT -5
Freedom at a distance[Past Thread/I]Feb 9, 2018 22:13:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

"This had better be the results in which you promised us....The council has been stalling long enough and the young Kage grows impatient..."

Three figures began to move through the halls of the tower, they figures seemed cloaked in shadows as the oldest of the trio would raise his hand as if to silence his brethren. He knew indeed of the time, and of the questions that had more than been risen of the status of the child. Two years had passed since the event of her imprisonment, and none except for those of the council had any contact or presence with the bearer of the One tailed beast. In the end, it was for a reason. They wanted to ensure that such events as before did not happen again.

"I am aware of your efforts my old friend. But I can assure you that such faith was not misplaced. You have given me more than enough time to prepare her. We will not have to deal with the same mistakes as to what had occurred with Bunpuku..."

Remembering the older male, he found himself disgusted by his lack of dedication to the efforts of the village. Rather than fight, he isolated himself within that of a kettle, believing it to be the most peaceful resolution to what could be done with such power. His death had been that of a wasted life, and he had been one of their own. A mentor...a teacher...a friend. But he was gone, and the void he left could not be ignored. But, it could be benefited from. Now they had their weapon, their tool for the opposition that could very well return. Peace was fleeting, and it didn't allow much time for settlement. Takato may have believed that their war was over, but in their weakened state, they were open for attack from their enemies.

Now was the time to ensure that they held the power to make the first move should they require it. The One tails was that weapon.

Reaching an open area beneath the grounds, the hooded figures would finally enter through, staring out towards the far side to see a figure standing there. His masked face would display a marking upon it, yet their vest was encrusted with that of Sunagakure.

"What is this?"

"A demonstration....."

As the older man nodded in the direction of a door, it would slowly open to reveal a small figure walking slowly into the open. Their hair seemed to hang over their face, eyes seeming to hold bags beneath the lids. Golden orbs would stare direction to the group, yet with a heavy push, they would move out into better view. It held the frame of a young girl, clothes tattered and torn. Her skin was dirty, much like her face with dust and the soil that grew from her shelter. Feet bare, she appeared almost as if she had been in shackles, yet there wasn't any signs of chains as she shambled forwards. Though her attention seemed to shift to that of the mask covered figure at her side, her sighs would remain on the three men before her, knowing their faces.

"My fellow council men.....you saw before the disaster of her last entry into the village. How angry had been the trigger to cause her lack of control. In the two years since her return to our care, we have given full attention to this and have produced what we believe to be...a working format..."

Gesturing towards the girl, he would then nod once more, causing the masked figure to move in. His approach was swift, attempting to slam his forearm against the child, only to be buffeted back by what could only be an invisible field of dust. As it began to settle, the girl would still stare at the older males at the far side, her body unmoved as she held her gaze.

"As you can see? The response time is that of the beast, acting in defense of itself...This is due to the ideal of us prompting the nature of control within the host. While Bunpuku had stated in his studies that meditation was the key to ample control, we have seen that for best results and much more of a swift response...depriving the host to human needs amplifies the reaction time and allows for her to be more capable as a result..."

Snapping his fingers, the attacker would move in again, this time seeming to increase the manner of his attacks, his strikes seeming to blur as the field would continue to protect the young girl. She still did not move, her eyes just staring as she watched them. Yet as the last strike moved in, something came out as the girl would quickly move to the side, her skin starting to glow as she thrust her arm forwards, almost as if preparing to elbow the man directly. Though before she could make impact, it seemed to stop short, the lines of black crossing her flesh bursting out to reveal that of a sharpened edge. With the blade inches from the man's neck, she would continued to stare at the three as the oldest would nod and prompt the girl to relent.

"This is the promise that I have made to you...you are now looking towards the true vessel and defense for our village...of all of Kaze no Kuni..."

They would look on at this, seeming to agree before then allowing one of their own to approach the girl as she returned to her ready stance. Seeming to eye her, they would move around her like vultures, examining the cursed lines along her flesh before then standing before her.

"Impressive....But that does not change the fact that when she is back out on the surface, she will be out of reach..."

"That has already been dealt with...there is no need to fear such restriction..."

There was silence between them, yet before anyone could say anything else, that was when the girl made her move. Slamming the back of her heel down upon the ankle of the elder, she would cause him to fall to his knees, her arm reaching around his neck as she growled.

"What..What is this!?"

"SHUT.....UP..."

"Arashi....release him...."

"You will let me out.....now..."

"Take her out!"

"No! You will not touch her!"

Narrowing her eyes, Arashi would hold a serious expression on her face while she continued to hold the man close to her.

"You will let me go....or I will make him an inch shorter...and you all have seen that I can..."

There was a silence as she held her ground, waiting for their response. Yet, none seemed to come. Each eye now staring at her before she saw the raising of a hand and the formation of a single hand-seal. Preparing to make her move, her eyes soon shot open before quickly narrowing as they began to close. Sliding her arm from the man that she held hostage, her body grew limb before finally making impact. Now in a deep sleep, the elder would shuffle himself upright, glaring down at the girl before then pointing as his shouts turned towards the others.

"DOES THAT...SHOW YOU CONTROL!!??"

"It is progress....and it does give the incentive of you providing me more time...does it not?...Old friend?"

Freedom at a distance[Past Thread/I]May 1, 2018 9:03:25 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

What was the price of freedom? How much did it cost and did it's worth have meaning? The now nine year old girl certainly appeared much more beastly than ever. Locked away in darkness, having still yet to see no more than a few rays of light. Her home for more than three years, almost allowing her to forget that she had no other. The sound of the shifting sand as familiar to her as the small squeaks of the rodents that managed to dig through. In truth, she honestly wished she were a mouse. That way she could do the same. But at this point, she felt as if she had grown far beyond such ideas. There was no escape and there was no one coming for her.

Wrapping her arms around her upraised knees, the small child would lower her head, keeping control of her thoughts as she rocked back and forth in a solitary position. It was then that she heard the dreaded sound of locks and chains. The heavy jingle of keys as they began to open her door, and the voice that usually meant more than just a simple chat.

"It is time....Arashi...."

Before she would have struggled, would have defiantly stood her ground. But at this point, much like an animal, she would accept any means of getting out of her four walled prison. Even if it was simply to wander the halls. The latch of a iron collar placed upon her neck, Arashi began her march behind the leader of the council, his hand holding the chain attached like a leash.

----Will continue later---