Letter from Yukigakure to Iwagakure

compose a reply
Letter from Yukigakure to IwagakureDec 5, 2017 21:41:12 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
It has been a long while since Saya wrote letters. 

In the past, it used to be a hobby of hers - to write letters to the leaders of other nations, in attempts to pry Yukigakure out of its self-imposed isolation. But times changed. Agreements were made and disbanded, leaders rose and fell, while everything in the land of Snow remained as it was. As if the village itself was frozen in time, to act as a passive observer to the changes around it. Pictures of the past were slowly erased by mundane routine, and at times, the lady of Yukigakure thought that nothing existed outside the frozen ocean.

Her months-long trip to the continent changed that. She saw many things, and met new, interesting people. She discovered a world full of life, so much unlike her own dark and frozen tomb. It managed to rekindle her desire to live, to strive, to break Yukigakure out of the ice, and introduce it to the rest of the world. Remind them of themselves, so that she and her people would not be lost to time. 

The first step towards this goal was ... a letter. Her writing became rusty after the past few years, so she spent half of her day drafting a simple message. Never the less, she got it done. A letter written on expensive parchment, with the official seal of Yukigakure - a large snowflake, stamped to seal it. The recipient of that letter was someone that Saya got to know during her journeys, if only briefly. A woman of great ambition and grandeur, who worked to rise her nation from the rubble of past mistakes and bad decisions. Saya could sympathize. 

To Yutatako Takara, the Godaime Tsuchikage.

Greetings, Yutatako Takara! May your reign last last long and your people prosper under your just rule. Although the way you came to power is new and unusual to our lands, we see you as the rightful ruler and a voice for your people, more so than anyone else. I speak on behalf of a distant nation to the north, across the Frozen Ocean. As it stands, relations between our nations are but non-existent, with us having become isolated and deaf to the world's problems, and your nation suffering from a series of self-destructive conflicts. Any ties our nations had in the past have since long been severed. 

It does not need to be this way.

I have warm memories of my stay in Iwagakure, during the reign of the Nidaime Tsuchikage. I was an instructor to some of his soldiers. My opinions towards your land and the nation in general were high. Sadly, the Nidaime fell to an assassination. The third Kage did not last a month, and the fourth fell victim to his own aggression. In you, I see great promise. 

As such, I wish to improve the relations between our nations. The first step would be forging a mutually-beneficial trade agreement. Your mountains are rich with iron ore, and your clan of Tantetsu is known to make the finest steel. The lands surrounding your mountains are rich in vegetable, fruit, and other foods. These products we wish to acquire. We are willing to open our markets to your merchants, free of import tax. Our authorities will provide all the support required, as well as a wealthy share of government contracts.

We expect a same courtesy for our merchants in return. The Land of Snow is not as rich in goods as the Land of Earth, but what we lack in resources we make up for with industry. This land is home to exotic materials found nowhere else in the world. We are also one of the world's leading fishing industry, challenged by the Land of Water alone. With this letter, I send you a gift - a token of our goodwill and a representation of our ability. Let this letter pave the way to prosperity for both our peoples. 

Signed: Saya Yoi, Third Lady of Yukigakure. 

The letter would be sent, along with a gift. A mystery gift, wrapped in green silk. Upon unwrapping it, one would discover that it was a sword, hidden in scabbards. It was not a katana, or any other sword found in this land. It was unique. A long double-edged blade made of ranmataru steel, with a crossguard to protect the hands, and a long grip to hold with both hands. In fact, the blade was a copy of Takara's sword, only made of materials far superior to the original. A small note was attached to the scabbard. It contained a short message:

"It will give you superior reach. It will cut through any armor. The sword is but an instrument. The mind is the sharpest blade."

has written 718 posts
Letter from Yukigakure to IwagakureDec 17, 2017 15:21:56 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation

interesting inquiry

► the mighty sword and pen ◄

Takara would receive the message and gift at the same time, she'd open the gift first attempting to grasp the full intention of the gift. She didn't quite think she deserved gifts from anyone, she definitely didn't know what to expect from Yukigakure's Lady. A sword and not any sword, it was her own sword? A touch too coincidental to not throw off the Tsuchikage, so she'd met this person before at least. That was something she used to her advantage with Amegakure, so maybe there was even more as a person she could off her people. The sword came with a message, "It will give you superior reach. It will cut through any armor. The sword is but an instrument. The mind is the sharpest blade." Takara read aloud to the room, consisting of the message deliverer, her assistant and a bodyguard.

"Well they either know I'm not the typical Yutakako or they're gently poking fun at me." She'd relish before putting the blade upon her desk. Her hands moving to open and read the letter, her attention darting from the paper to the messenger. "You're dismissed." She'd state in a serious but calm tone, the messenger nodding and quickly removing themselves. Takara would read the letter with the gift in her mind, she'd be looking for hints or clues to association. The letter was that of a simple diplomatic nature. It wasn't anything hard for the Tsuchikage to respond to. She was looking forward to improving her village and nations relations with others.

To Saya Yoi, Third Lady of Yukigakure.

Your gift and best wishes are well received, I can't say such an item will swing Iwagakure's favor. However every swing I might make with this steel shall remind me of my potential allies to the north. That said I accept your trade agreement without the necessity for thought. This agreement will be the first connection for our people, once the people want this bond strengthened, then I assure you we will be sending the next letter of treaty. Along with a gift worthy of this treaties prosperity.

However despite my acceptance, I'm quite curious to know more of you and your leadership. If you'd be willing, I'd love to host us a tea ceremony. Letters take time and lack as much sincerity as face to face conversation. I think there's a lot to consider discussing, as well as in my position a need for a certain level of transparency. If you'd accept this I'd be most gracious.

To prosperity!

Sincerely,
Yutakako Takara,
Godaime Tsuchikage.
NOTES // WORDS // // BOINK OF GS
last edit by Yutakako Takara on Dec 17, 2017 15:22:25 GMT -5
Yoshiko has written 462 posts
Letter from Yukigakure to IwagakureDec 17, 2017 20:55:19 GMT -5
Saya Yoi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saya Yoi Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

To Yutatako Takara, the Godaime Tsuchikage.

My people and I are happy to hear that you are being forthcoming to our proposal. It promises prosperity for both our nations. Through this channel, we will be able to provide one another with necessary goods and materials and cover each others' needs and weaknesses as well. I am looking forward to having tea with you. Although, in the spirit of equality and friendship, it would be best if our first meeting happened in the Land of Hotsprings. It is famed for its peaceful reputation and warm climate. Something both of us could appreciate. There, we will be able to discuss things, eye-to-eye.

Should you agree with these terms, I am looking forward to setting up the date of our meeting, which would accommodate both of our busy schedules. 

Signed: Saya Yoi, Third Lady of Yukigakure.

Letter from Yukigakure to IwagakureDec 20, 2017 21:03:31 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation

interesting inquiry

► the mighty sword and pen ◄

To Saya Yoi, Third Lady of Yukigakure.

I accept your terms and am willing to abide by the date and location of your choosing. I will only ask that you let me cover the costs of this meeting. It is the least I can do as personal thanks for the treasured item you've gifted me.

Sincerely,
Yutakako Takara,
Godaime Tsuchikage.
NOTES // WORDS // // BOINK OF GS
Yoshiko has written 462 posts