First Exam: Maze Seven

fallen blades
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 12, 2018 9:57:14 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
age birthday rank occupation

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Maybe the boars or the dead ends had twisted Reiki's memory, as he'd choose to go left because he'd already taken three rights. However having come from the room, he'd taken one right and three lefts to get to the divide he was at now. Taking the left path thought, Reiki would travel two tile before making a left, then two more tiles before making a right. Another two tiles would follow with another right, but this time the path would go on a little. Traveling six tiles, then hitting another right. The path seemed to only get longer, as Reiki moved ten tiles before finding another right turn.

Again the pattern of longer paths continued, as Reiki would move fourteen tiles to get to a left turn. At least he hadn't... Then it'd be their peering at him blatantly. Light came from a room down the path presented, he'd only have to travel two paces before he'd enter the room. It'd look similar to a cave more than a man made room, it's floor, walls and ceiling all appeared to be natural. A path seemed to be heading upwards and outwards? A bright light came from what could be conceived as the caves entrance. The outside!? The path wasn't much a path and more a steep and narrowing incline. It looked like a very rugged climb too.

Reiki wasn't alone though, if he attempt to proceed to the exit a voice would call out. "That's not the way out." It was a males voice, drawn by the sound Reiki would find himself looking down a shinobi. The man was wearing a chunnin vest and Takigakure's headband, he'd sit pretzel legged at one edge of the room. Practically hidden in the shadows of this cavernous room. He looked like a very rough and weathered individual. His expression was somewhere between bored and annoyed.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 12, 2018 11:27:56 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
It all feels so sloooooow
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
age Eighteen years old birthday 4/1 rank Chuunin occupation
Reiki's lucky number 7

A ROOM! But which one? At this point, hell would he know. It took quite a bit of traveling to end up in the room that he was in. It seemed more like a cave if anything, so it wasn't the deceptive snake room at all. Tiger, fish and... Er... What was the last one? Admittedly, he wasn't quite remembering what the last one was, some details may have been lost in his memory thanks to the lovely run for his life he had to make. But there was one bit of hope for him, an entrance? An exit perhaps! Regardless, it sure as hell looked enticing. And Reiki didn't have anywhere else to go. So that left him with one option left.

So he would try to step forward into the light where the cave seemed to open, only for a male voice to draw him in. Reiki's body was put on high alert at that moment, swiftly turning around and ready for a fight to the death! But nothing came, there was just a Takigakure ninja relaxed at the edge of the room. He didn't seem to be in the happiest of moods, but he was there regardless. This was not the way out... But... This was the only way forward.

"But... I've taken literally every turn I possibly could in this maze." Reiki replied, hands in his pockets as he stared at the shinobi. "If this isn't going to lead me to the exit, what is my next step supposed to be?" This could have been a lie to deter him from entering, but if the monkey and dragon portraits had anything to say about it, it could be best for some recon and interrogation to be done.

SA in effect:

Enhanced Eyesight

The user's eyesight is heavily enhanced, even without the use of the Tennogan. The smallest details could be observed as if it were in front of the user should the distance between them not exceed 30 meters. Peripheral vision also seems as clear as if it were the main sight of focus.

template by pillow @ nfb

last edit by Omori Reiki on Dec 12, 2018 11:31:18 GMT -5
Codex (The One and Only!) has written 430 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 14, 2018 18:57:10 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Reiki would lie to the man, as he'd just come from a fork in the road really. There was technically one direction he hadn't travel, but trusting this person could be a mistake. Not trusting him didn't have to be right either. Interrogating him had no real consequences, it could provide more information than not. "The maze has an exit door, with a special key in the room. It'll be obvious when you find it, this is just a trick. If you don't believe me you're more than welcome to find out. I will disperse, as soon as you make a decision though." He'd explain to the kumogakure shinobi.

The man sounded slightly annoyed, he'd give a look to the genin like he didn't like him. He remained seated in the dark though, it was clear he felt no need to move for the genin. He could of been this calm out of skill, but he also could of been actually a clone. It was kind of hard to say if this man was being honest, he almost sounded dishonest in the way he spoke too. One of his hands would be rolling a pair of dice in them, as he'd wait to see the boys reaction and response.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 14, 2018 22:15:01 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
Reiki's lucky number 7

The risk of death or the risk of being mislead. This person didn't seem to care enough to lie to him, he seemed annoyed and blamed Reiki for his presence there. Oh what a terrible job, sitting while the genin are being hunted down by the boars. There was no need to comment on any of that, he was just there to lead or misguide, and Reiki would rather believe than take his chances of death. At least with being misguided this way, he was just aimlessly walking around. He wasn't good at 50/50 odds, as if that wasn't obvious enough. So he would rather risk the bad end of the coin flip to him being alive, but lost, rather than just flat out mauled by the very appealing cave.

"I'm going to have a look around here for that "Special key" you mentioned." Reiki would reply, his eyes scanning the room to see if they could catch anything. His eyes had the strength to analyze the scene in case there was anything that was supposed to stick out. But just in case, he had to make sure to confirm his answer. "I'm not going in, just in case you have anything else to tell me."

SA in effect:

Enhanced Eyesight

The user's eyesight is heavily enhanced, even without the use of the Tennogan. The smallest details could be observed as if it were in front of the user should the distance between them not exceed 30 meters. Peripheral vision also seems as clear as if it were the main sight of focus.

template by pillow @ nfb

last edit by Omori Reiki on Dec 14, 2018 22:16:38 GMT -5
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 15, 2018 19:13:11 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Reiki would choose to be wary and examine the room further. There'd be no striking hints or giving tell tales. The rocks were all rocks and the path upwards looked to be away out of the maze. Judging by the bright light gleaming out what most would presume an exit. How could his eyes be miss leading him? Planted lights, a barred off exit or maybe some deadly chakra. There were totally answers one could make up, but did they sound logical or silly?

The idea of a special key was nice, as it presented the belief of finding an item, but nothing was apparent. Unless the man had something on him, but if he was in fact a clone, then there'd be nothing tangible on him. "I told you everything I was told to tell you for entering the room." He'd state somewhat strangely worded, but maybe their was a purpose in it. Looking to the possible exit with Reiki's special eyes he'd definitely be able to note how jagged the rock appeared. It'd be a scratch and bruiser to climb, as it very clearly seemed to narrow more and more towards the exit.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 15, 2018 20:32:04 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
Reiki's lucky number 7

Well, things were not looking up to the man's claim. Simply put, if there was a thing that the man was supposed to do, it was defend his claim that this was not the exit. And his eyes were not misleading him when they told him that there was nothing that special. "And yet for some reason, you are still here. So I'm convinced that you have something left to do." Reiki explained before placing his palms in his pockets while calmly approaching the man. "Either that is a lie and you are supposed to deter me from exiting."

And with that, he would stop when he was right in front of the shinobi. "Or if you are a man of your word, you have the key. But your wording suggests otherwise. If you were just told to say something and that's all, then I doubt they tasked you to do anything else." Reiki explained. Now he wondered if the shinobi would deny this and prove that he had the key. Or maybe he would continue to repeat that same phrase that this was not the exit. His eyes told him it was, and they were usually correct. What did the shinobi have to contradict what he saw? "If I'm wrong, then show me the key you have."

SA in effect:

Enhanced Eyesight

template by pillow @ nfb

First Exam: Maze SevenDec 16, 2018 21:05:32 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

The man hadn't looked to friendly from the start, but his disposition heightened as Reiki got closer. His muscles tensed and the die he was playing with suddenly stopped being fiddled with, his other hand seeming to quickly form a hand sign even. He didn't like the whole being approached thing, at least that was the display the man made when approached. He'd look straight into the boys eyes as he was confronted, a brow raising as the cloud shinobi tried to quantify the situation.

"I'm the player of this room, it's my job to play a role. I told you the truth, it's the other persons job to lie. I'm here because you haven't tried to leave either direction. I was told to disperse after you left, so no I don't have the key. I'm just telling you the exit is a door that requires one. I was told the key would be obvious when you see the door, but I wasn't told anything else about the key. Nor was I given it."
Glaring Reiki down now, as his tone went from disinterested to clearly upset.

An, 'I don't get paid enough for this shit', type tone.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 16, 2018 21:32:18 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
Reiki's lucky number 7

Interrogation seemed to work, as he was able to get a slight bit more information for pressing on that matter. Reiki didn't really look at the door he entered through when approaching, so any form of detail he might have seen may be gone. He at least seemed consistent with his words about not having the key. There were many things that could disperse, but he doubts that he would be put in a genjutsu as of currently. So clones, at least that was all Reiki knew. It was an assumption, but it was likely that this one didn't have a physical key of some sort.

The door? Hm... That might satisfy Reiki's curiosity if he could note something. What realization could he obtain from the door? So he would back away from the man and leave him alone after hearing that. It was obvious once he reached the door. And the door's location was still a mystery. Huh... Well climbing up that wall did not look like a door. And if it wasn't an exit, it didn't look like something nice either. Chance wasn't something he could play with. But in that case, the only way to go was back.

Oh, and the bonus of knowing that if this man was telling the truth, the other one was telling a lie. Sure, that sounded nice. But there were four human pieces. Say one of them was Reiki, then that meant there was still one human out on the loose. Or maybe that was a lie that the grid wants him to believe. Eight forks before the end stuck out to him though... Perhaps this man was telling the truth. Could Reiki be punished for trying to make the climb?

Wait a second... What if the maze CONTINUED by climbing up? The man said that it wasn't the exit, but perhaps it was a continuation of the maze! Maybe maybe maybe... "I guess..." He would walk back over. It just wasn't the exit, it just wasn't the exit... And if Reiki had to tell himself that a million times to give himself the courage to go up, then so be it.

Caution was taken when he did so, but he had the experience of climbing back in his village when he did this. Mountains gave him the experience, so this shouldn't be as bad as it could be. A narrow passageway, it was going to be difficult for him to do this. This may be a deadly game of chance he was playing with by doing this, but it might be the continuation as well. So he would begin to climb up, slowly... Carefully... And yet cautiously. His eyes saw far with clear details, they couldn't be misleading him here, right? And if they did... Damn it... Well, the first sign of danger that they saw would make him let go the surface he climbed.

SA in effect:

Enhanced Eyesight

template by pillow @ nfb

last edit by Omori Reiki on Dec 16, 2018 22:57:22 GMT -5
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 17, 2018 22:52:40 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

The climb would suck, it'd narrow to the point he was squeezing through a jagged tunnel. At the end was a strange crystal which beam light, it was somehow enhanced with chakra and distorted even the boys special eyes. Making it not obvious the exit was fake till it was too late, shifting back would suck more as Reiki would return to the man being gone, whether he dispersed or went into the maze wouldn't be clear. No keys would be left behind either or clues further.

There was now literally only one direction to go, back into the maze and back to the last fork in the maze he'd come to, then he'd have to take the opposite route. It'd only require the travel over four tiles before Reiki would find himself confronted with a new left or right decision. Please make the right decision.

You've been inflicted with multiple cuts, these will remain sore to the touch as a weakness and increase your risk for poisons. Expect this to go on until properly treated.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 17, 2018 23:04:49 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
Reiki's lucky number 7

Rocks stung like hell, the cuts were annoying for him to have to deal with and to find that it was just some stupid fake light at the end... For fuck's sake. At this point, he would just be happy to get out of the maze. But there was no other way to go, he chose to get himself cut for what he thought was a continuation because he couldn't recall the last fork until he re-entered the maze, and boy did he feel stupid. What was it, the sixth decision to be made now? Left or right. Did his chances increase when he made a choice? No. Reiki just sucked with making these choices.

Left.

It seemed to bring him to fortune the last time. Well, fortune if he read between the lines of what the guy said. But it wasn't clear enough for him... No... No no, he can't be making excuses, what the hell was that going to do? He just needed to get out of here and tend to his wounds when he had the time. At least there was a torch in his hands to hold. And a bunch of stupid puzzle pieces on his body. Were they even going to help him? If he had something sticky, maybe place the cards over his wounds to make for a cheap band-aid per card. The thought was nice, but he had nothing to make them stick, so he wouldn't even try.

And so he would face whatever was on the left path, fully expecting it to be the wrong turn.

SA in effect:

Enhanced Eyesight

template by pillow @ nfb

last edit by Omori Reiki on Dec 17, 2018 23:08:31 GMT -5
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 17, 2018 23:44:28 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Two down and six right would sink Reiki's battleship, it'd also be the path traveled in tiles before another dead end. Thankfully there'd be no boar down this dead end, but sadly the Kumogakure's expectations were sorely met. He'd be in a terrible position as far as a race might go, if he'd taken every wrong turn. It'd take someone only taking half as many wrong turns to be less off the beat path. Granted everyone had a similar maze.

However this wrong decision left the shinobi with only one direction again, it was a process of elimination that'd get Reiki through this maze. Ten tiles up from the last decision and Reiki would hit a new split. Either a path upwards further or a turn to his right could be made. Which choice would the shinobi make and what would the result of that decision be? Another turn, another dead end or maybe another boar or false room.

You've been inflicted with multiple cuts, these will remain sore to the touch as a weakness and increase your risk for poisons. Expect this to go on until properly treated.

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 17, 2018 23:55:44 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
If one believed it to be a surprise at this point, memory wasn't really a strong suit of that viewer. At first it may have been a shock, but now Reiki was rolling his brown orbs as he proceeded to walk back towards the only other possible path he could take. Then he was lead with a choice to go up straight or to the right. Okay, so if he just chose to go straight, he would either have the same exact boar encounter he had the first time, or he would end up in a room that wanted to cut him again.

Oh, and the same two things went for the right path. Was there warrant to be optimistic about anything at this point? Up, screw it. He would not even hesitate to step forward as he did this, moving straight with a braced body to see what was going to happen next. Seven, that should be this decision. It was almost a relief to him to be close to the end... If that cloth was telling him the truth. Hey, he was lacking in trust in anything at this point, he just wanted to be complaining. Did it comfort him?

No. Perhaps he should have been smarter in the first place and none of this would happen.
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 18, 2018 0:43:02 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Reiki would decide to go straight instead of right, it'd take him forward two tiles. A forced left would take him two more tiles before a forced right. Heading down that right six tiles, before another right. This time going in four tiles before forcing him right again two tiles, again another right and two tiles, but finally a left would break up the repetition of rights.

A secondary left following that with two tiles, before a right turn for one tile, then a left turn down eight tiles. A new left forced upon the shinobi, before going up six tiles. A left turn then again forced upon Reiki as he'd go straight six tile again. Once more a left presented only, it'd go four tiles down, and again a left turn with four tiles. Two more left and two more left. Oh, there's a boar at the end of this coiling mess.

ROUND 3! There's very little tile before boar, so expect to be making a rushed reaction.

You have thee worst luck I've ever seen Codex. D:

has written 685 posts
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 18, 2018 0:50:43 GMT -5
Omori Reiki
Omori Reiki Avatar
groupnull
At leaat he was expecting it and had the energy to be running. The boar was going to have to keep up with him, for he was not engaging it when the end seemed to near. And if he wasn't going to be bursting out of the door when he got to the exit, then he was going to have to make some more bacon from these little... Hogs. His body was in pain, sure. But no more pain than he felt mentally. This was a statistic that he was completely blowing, this should NOT be possible. Yet it was. He did it here. In the exams out of all things. Well at least he knew to take the left when the fork came, which theoretically should be the right path that would lead him to his eight and HOPEFULLY final fork. This maze had to be a joke one, maybe an experiment gone wrong. Was anyone else having this sort of difficulty?

Regardless, fleeing on foot was going to make this a very difficult task for him to carry out if he didn't choose the actual correct path on the next turn he had to make, whenever that was.
First Exam: Maze SevenDec 20, 2018 12:56:24 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator

Reiki's Lucky Number 7

Due to Reiki's reaction being to immediately run, as to avoid a conflict and waste of chakra. There'd actually be value in the decision, it'd not be impossible for the four legged creature to keep up. At least in a straight line, but this wasn't a straight a line. A coil and multiple turns would lead the Kumogakure shinobi back to the last fork, he'd not hesitate to make a choice and with adrenaline on his side he'd have some distance on the boar when he made it.

The animal would be tracking him by smell and not be far behind, but it'd not be on the male's heels. So when he'd move down the new path a little over 10 tiles probably, he'd find himself with the eighth decision. He could take a left or go straight forward and take the right of the fork. Which direction would the kumogakure shinobi take? He had little time to decide as every second was time for the boar to catch up. A feat that wouldn't be hard with how long the last straight away had been.

You have thee worst luck I've ever seen Codex. D:

has written 685 posts