Task and Tea [Yoshiko]

compose a reply
Task and Tea [Yoshiko]Jan 15, 2020 14:37:20 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
It's all about the way you feel after it's done.
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/07 rank Jounin occupation
Tea Time

The Nohime might of been a very bubbly individual who'd place love above most things. She was however at her core a Nohime and her father's daughter, so nothing about Yoko's words really shook the younger kunoichi. Instead it all sounded like a rather true explanation of what the general idea of a good shinobi happened to be. Though Yoshiko would believe their was more than killing to the shinobi name and even more so than protecting either.

The follow up of a necessary drive also made sense, but it did feel a little lackluster. The idea of those who would perform the shinobi duties only under the pretense of money sort of grossed out Yoshiko. Granted money had never been an issue in her life, her father was the head of her clan and later the head of the village. Even after his reign, she'd ended up taking his position head of the clan. She'd also been more focused on her shinobi arts than shopping, but she did like the things money bought.

Her clan though had a lot of talented people in it and they came of many arts and skills. So there was little she couldn't request and not have made within the confines of her clan's complex. Sipping from her tea, it'd not take Yoshiko long to reply to the reverberating question. "Your explanation is pretty good, I do think that perhaps the drive comes before the skill. As if you're properly driven there's a lot you can accomplish and overtime turn into those necessary skills." Yoshiko would start with mostly agreement.

However, she'd not want to seem like she was merely copying Yoko or blowing steam for approval. "I know shinobi are a military force, but I do think we provide more than security and death. I also think as important as drive is to the equation. There is something to having the right drive." The brunette added on to show where her thought process sort of differed, but a simple retort such as this didn't spur much smart dialogue. So unless Yoko pressed for the topic to change or interrupted Yoshiko would take another sip break before more so explaining a 'great shinobi'.

"I think a truly great shinobi is driven by an ideal almost impossible to corrupt and they don't need to be the most skilled. They just need to be willing to see their flaws and use their drive to fix them faster than their enemies can take advantage of them. To me that's what makes a great shinobi." She'd pause before smiling and letting out a slight snort of laughter. "I think." She'd state with a exasperation, as to show she understood she was young and could easily be more idealistic than realistic with those words. She by no means knew the answer, it was purely an opinion.

Warmth of a Friend
MADE BY ★MEULK

@tsukimiyoko

Yoshiko has written 934 posts
Task and Tea [Yoshiko]Jan 16, 2020 20:55:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Drive to fuel skill and introspection to ensure well-roundedness... Were these things that Yoshiko had struggled with and formed her "ideal" image around? Or had she seen those things in others? Yoko didn't think that analyzing her personal flaws and bulwarking them would get her any further than building up raw strength and skill, not unless it was in the way of maybe upping her defense against genjutsu or heavy taijutsu. But Yoshiko was talking about more than that, or so she made it sound.

The "security and death" thing wasn't central in the other woman's image of what made their kind great but that was fine--everyone had a different opinion on how they achieved greatness. "I guess the easier you make it to crumble your own resolve, the more of a sitting duck you become. I see your point." She seemed to give her answer a bit more thought and then returned to the envelope she was working on. "Though you could also rely on killing your opposition before they have a chance to pick you apart." She smirked playfully at her.

"You're part of one of the most prominent families in the village," she said after a pause. "What do you think of our forces? Do you see enough strength? Do you think we're lacking compared to how we were run under...former rulers?" The question was a casual one and she hoped that Yoshiko didn't read too much into it and think she was making some subtle jab at her. She just honestly wanted her opinion. Despite her age, the younger woman's influence would have given her some idea on things.

HEX: #c16c88 No notes!

has written 0 posts
Task and Tea [Yoshiko]Feb 24, 2020 13:00:00 GMT -5
Nohime Yoshiko
It's all about the way you feel after it's done.
Nohime Yoshiko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday 12/07 rank Jounin occupation
Tea Time

"Well we can't all have Jinton." Yoshiko would jokingly reply with a shrug to Yoko's remark about killing the opposition first. To make it clear she felt their was greatness beyond herself or family. She didn't rate a person upon their strongest move, it wasn't to say Jinton was the only manner to quickly eliminate someone. Though in her jokes defense there was certainly forces resistant to other oppositions. Poisons had antidotes and those somehow immune. Most other destructive ninjutsu left a chance for survival or a means to effectively counter.

A new question would be proposed and it'd be something the Nohime felt she had a confident answer. However as the question proceeded with clarification, it'd leave the brunette less confident in her original thoughts. Former rulers. Certainly the jounin wasn't poking at the girls father. Though it was something settled in the girls mind, but she needed to stand by her original guns. "I think Iwagakure is the strongest force, but I can't say that's indicative of our leadership." Yoshiko really didn't want to sound like a conspirator or traitor in the flock.

So with a second thought to her wording she'd feel she had to explain. "I think our past leaders might of had the rule during a time when our force was stronger. Their decisions were surely in betterment of the village, but attacking Ishigakure and fighting ourselves certainly didn't add to our strength." She'd lean her head back and really think on that last line, it was largely her fathers rule that did damage to the village. Pulling Ishigakure directly into their fold could make the village look stronger, but they were already allies. So realistically they could already count on them to help.

Sighing. Yoshiko wasn't too happy with the past, but it was supposed to stay their and focus needed to be on the future. "The wars though likely made those of us here stronger and experienced. Our new leader is bringing in forces she's aligned to too, so we might actually be stronger than ever before... And it might be because of Takara actually." Slightly contradictory to her original words, it'd seem the Nohime would suck up her pride and admit being wrong. Wrong in her original statement and wrong in the sense of her clan maybe not doing as much good as she'd of liked.

Warmth of a Friend
MADE BY ★MEULK

@tsukimiyoko

Yoshiko has written 934 posts
Task and Tea [Yoshiko]Feb 25, 2020 5:03:44 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

The military not being indicative of leadership, yet the forces they kept the company of now were due to their present leader...a bit contradictory, but Yoko gave a nod. She thought Takara to be doing rather well, herself, though it was true that Iwagakure had long standing in a place of military might. "I won't argue there," she said, finishing up another envelope. "I suppose as long as that trend continues, it doesn't matter so much..." That was, prior decisions. What was done during war and during peacetime were two wildly different sets of circumstances and it wasn't Yoko's intention to dwell on the bad.

The pinkette continued on with a bit of small talk, eventually taking a short break for more tea, then continuing on with their letters. It wasn't long before both stacks were finished and the tea was running low. The sheer number of envelopes she'd penned to the other woman's specifications might have given her a hand cramp were it not for the many hours she already spent at her desk writing lab notes.

With the task done and their tea essentially finished up, Yoko would help pack things away and guide her friend to the door when she was set to leave. Any afternoon spent productively was a good one, and this one felt especially good. With a cheerful goodbye at the door and a wave, Yoko saw her off, already thinking about how to structure the remainder of her day and evening. But first, cleaning up...

- End -

HEX: #c16c88 Enderoo

has written 0 posts