Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[googlefont=Fira+Sans|Playfair+Display]
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

He sighed.

Day 2.

He'd been in the worst possible situation because he didn't want to exert himself, and so had forbid himself from training or physically exerting himself, chakra or body or otherwise. At the same time, he'd refrained from bringing any books because he couldn't bring himself to read - he was simply not in the mood for it.

Because of the nature of how letters could take, he wasn't surprised that she hadn't turned up on the first day. He had no idea how long it would take, nor that she'd sent a reply with haste: something he would come to find after returning home.

It didn't help that the area was as lacklustre to look at as could be afforded: it was a Stone Quarry that they'd fought in some years ago- directly visible from the village, a upside-down pyramid dug into the grounds, widened paths that angled themselves eight tiers into the ground down as workers mined building blocks, each slope was gargantuan, capable of hosting fifty meter long straights, twenty meter wide slopes, eight times over as they got deeper and deeper into the earth.

There weren't any people working, with the weather cooling down the slopes were becoming more slippery, their equipment unable to be safely transported. The ground was beginning to mirror it as well, the cold affecting the terrain.

So Akira had spent the time thinking about what he was going to say and had eventually come to the conclusion that he wouldn't be able to rehearse anything. It would happen as and when it did, if it did. Akira was sitting at the edge of the plateau on the first tier.

He'd searched every area - hidden place - the day before he said he'd been there, and he look very suspicious doing it that he'd had to even explain himself to some 'officials' and he was happy to state who he was and what he was doing, that seemed to resolve the issue. He'd seen his escape route in several different ways, and was aware of every hidden nook and cranny. His conversation with Kasumi had likely led back to Arashi, and that would mean his status as a Jinchuuriki was out.

But he needed to see her.

The initial hurt, and regret he'd had the coming months later was that he'd been hurt, yes. But he'd not allowed the woman to either dig her own grave, provide context, or perhaps even say what could've been said then. It would've saved him a year of his life and perhaps many situations he'd acted in ways he shouldn't have, if he'd stayed a little longer. That was his regret. The decision about what he'd wanted to do about it was another thing on its own, and truthfully? He knew he didn't have any idea. It would simply come out of his mouth when he did. She was difficult, he was difficult.

His nervousness had effectively subsided with the amount of time it was taking, he would spend a few hours here, go back to the village - spend the day to himself. That had been another thing. His talk with Akatsuki had helped, even if in a way he hadn't wanted. But it both strengthened his resolve and fuelled anguish. He felt like an angsty teenager again, sat in his bedroom the first year after the accident had happened - unable to process. He felt he'd come some time since then.

He'd come to a stand as he stared out again, eyes glossing over and becoming distant as his mind emptied. 'Isn't this what you meant, Kokuo?'

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Nov 20, 2019 14:57:42 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 20, 2019 16:04:42 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 631
NOTES.

He isn't doing...anything?

Arashi wasn't too far from the location in which the two were to be meeting, her gaze narrowed as she seemed to stare at his position within the quarry. In truth, it had been a hour since she got here, but she was doing pretty well to keep at a distance from the off chance that this very well could have been a set up. It wouldn't have been the first time she allowed herself to trust someone, only for it to turn out to be a bad move. Of course...this was different...she wasn't the one that was hurting...or to be worried for that matter.

Her mother had given her a pretty clear idea of the position in which she had left the young man, and that perhaps any feelings that were left over hadn't completely healed despite their last conversation being one in which both weren't exactly at their best. But even she had to admit that it was..difficult to let go of something that had such longevity. Several years of friendship and trust had that effect on anyone...and even more so when you honestly begin to think that perhaps...it could have been more.

Though whatever what-if scenario came to mind, it still ended with the fact that as many similarities that they shared, they just..their would never really ever be a true sense of trust. If anything, his inability to simply address his concerns to her but to go through her family was a sign of that.

Watching him from the quarries edge, the teen would finally begin to make her move, walking down the trail that led down into it's deep center. It wouldn't take long for him to notice her coming, though she imagined her short hair would be a bit of a surprise considering. Still, it held it's wild-like bangs. The chill of the area had made it more important to bundle up, especially since she still didn't have a true adjustment to the cold conditions when she was further from home.

Soon enough, she'd be standing at the entrance, her dark brown eyes looking at him, hands still nestled within the depth of her pockets, her expression seemed almost stern, less friendly, of course, it was just out of caution.

"Akira...."

She'd say his name, though it wasn't complete cold in tone. In fact, there was still some warmth to it, her gaze shifting to the side before baring her teeth. She remembered what her mother said, for her to listen...to really listen.

"I came....though I honestly don't know what you could have to say to me...that you didn't make clear already..."

Her stare would return to him, her head tilted to the side as she continued to hold her calm expression.

"You told me you never wanted to see me again...threatened my life in fact...which I get...but then you go and involve my mother into this? MY Mother!? What right do you have to do that!?"

Her hand was held close to her chest as she said this, keeping her sight focused on him as she shook her head.

"I did...what you wanted me to do..I left you alone...so tell me Akira...What else could you possibly have to say to me? What is it that you want me to say? Cause I can't keep apologizing and hoping that you'll eventually forgive me...and I can't have you trying to expose yourself...if my mother even had a inkling that you were a tailed beast, you'd be compromised...she already figured out that you know about me..."

Arashi had to admit it was more than a bit frustrating as she continued to look at him.

"So just tell me..what it is that you want...Do you want me to be around, or do you want me to leave you alone?"

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 20, 2019 16:13:22 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,704 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 20, 2019 18:15:02 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

For the most part, she had been remarkably quiet as she got closer, but the crunch of earth beneath her feet gave it away. He'd close his eyes, anxiety instantly rising in the mind he had thought once quelled and conquered fear. He had his hands in his pockets.

'My hands are so cold. I can't even form handseals.' He wiggled them slightly as he felt for their health. He turned to face her, eyes grazing by her face first, her eyes - and then her hair. He'd adjust the jacket around his body. He hadn't worn too many layers, keeping himself to his mostly shinobi garment, but his colours were much darker: no orange to be found in sight alongside his earthy browns and neutral cream colours. He swallowed the ball forming in his mouth.

At this point, he just really didn't know what to say. 'Arashi'...

"There is so much more." she didn't hesitate to get right into it. She knew what she had come here for. But she'd been right in some ways, and gotten the wrong end of the stick. He spoke too softly, because she had plenty more to say. As was her right. So did he.

Her anger would fuel into his own, the difference between the look of his eyes from one moment to the next, but the strain would fade. "That was never intentional." his voice was quiet. He understood her anger. The juvenile nature of it - speaking to her mother? But he'd never sought her out. It had just erupted when it did.

She had done everything he'd asked her to do, but it was a simple enough request as to keep away from him - not exactly a difficult request to fill. He subsequently hadn't said anything to her for the later part of the year to process it properly. Her anger was well directed, and he could see it from the pounding on her own chest to her body language. Akira had to focus on keeping his breathing calm.

He cleared his throat. He couldn't keep speaking lowly, he needed to have his say. He kept his distance from her, even though he wanted to touch her: that was not something he could see going down well.

There was some relief to her anger, his shoulders would rise from the tension building in his back. That it was focused on being bitter that she hadn't mentioned Akira himself being a Jinchūriki, that she had kept his secret (allegedly). He wasn't so completely fooled as to believe it on the spot.

"I'm sorry for what I said, on both occasions. I hope you can forgive me, for that." Akira apologised first. His hands were passive to her, not moving too much as he spoke, having taken them out of his pockets now. He needed to work the anger away. It was the most important thing. It was what had gotten him here in the first place.

It was little beside the point, but the context in which she had imagined it was wrong, like Akira had taken the time to seek the woman out. "Your mother.. I didn't even intend on meeting. It was at a spa, and she happened to be in the next lounger over. I make no excuses." He didn't sound confident, but a desperate as he tried to back himself. Even the small welling at the side of one of his eyes, but it didn't mar the serious, soft look in his face.

It sounded like she'd also come here confused at the situation. Angry, but also confused - she didn't know what Akira wanted. To be fair, he felt he didn't either. Though it was technically bad form, he wouldn't mention that he was the one to say about her status as a Jinchuuriki. His would turn away from her, only a half turn so that the quarry took up half of his vision. His voice would come out stronger, as it would be normally, as he was meant to be - resolute, charming, suave. "I want. I want..." another sigh. "You." he gulped again. "I didn't go to Kuwana because I wanted to watch the Battle for Village Supremacy. I went on the off chance that you went there."

His body would shiver. A side effect of not using his chakra to keep himself warm. "From... sleeping near you under a desert sky to acting like a fool in that dinner hall during the exams. It's always been there." his head would drop, momentarily. "Tch." it was a click toward his own behaviour.

He'd turn to face her. "I say all that, and I can't even dare to look at you properly." It was true. For all but a few looks of his eyes, he'd had his gaze focused on the distance, but now they were focused on her. Just her. "I have shame, and, and guilt, anger, but most importantly... confusion. Why? I asked you if you wanted to stop it dead there and then. You said you'd liked me as well, and you had good reason to be doubtful, to think I was a piece of shit- that I was being evil by hurting that girl, I broke it off without that memory after the fact. But it didn't stop." The speed of how he spoke got faster as he began to ramble. Life wasn't a fairy tail and Akira didn't get to decide what other people did, as he'd found out.

"I'm-i'm-i'm confused, Arashi. I was so scared from that night, thinking that you'd had just killed me. What on earth happened?" There was a tone of desperation in his voice: his volume kept the same the way through. He needed to know. He felt like he couldn't control his breathing, but he would say what he needed to say. Who knows where it would lead?

The mention of her sealing his memories cropped up again. The conversation with Kaito about the law of unintended consequences. That would make it all easier- right? Just take them all away so that he'd never have to think about them. But he didn't ask.
AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Nov 20, 2019 18:23:16 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 21, 2019 21:46:16 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 621
NOTES.

"...Wha?"

Arashi seemed to just stare at Akira, his answer seeming to come after her momentary triad of his actions. Though he gave no excuses for any of it, stating that it wasn't his intention at all, what he seemed to want more than anything...was her. The young female could only look on at him, listening to him speak as she held her position, her eyes showing her shock before then solemnly lowering to stare off at the ground beneath her feet. As he explained the events of that night, how their meetings had affected him, to the point that he had come to the Battle for Village Supremacy just to see her, how that afternoon under the shade of their shelter of sand had been a peaceful moment for him. Bringing out feelings that he didn't admit to at first, but knew they meant something.

It all came back to that night in which they walked within the falling snow, how they walked about the girl in which he had been in a relationship...how Arashi had felt about it to that moment in which the two of them had kissed.

He was confused and he was hurt..and he didn't understand just what had happened. The shorted haired female would take a step back, her hand still held to her chest, still looking away as he seemed to wait for an answer, only for her to finally release a breath before taking two steps up as she closed her eyes.

"What happened was...I thought I was using you..."

Looking directly at him, Arashi would continue to speak as she took another step in his direction.

"After what happened with the Tournament. I felt like...I had lost the one chance I had to actually have an identity...to...make my family and my village proud...I spent half my life being ashamed of being the One Tails...and the first of it was resenting my family for it...but then..I just felt like I didn't deserve to be part of it..It was my one chance to actually earn my name again..and I lost...so...then I hung out with you and...you made me feel special....like it didn't even matter...there are few people in my life that can do that for me..."

It was the truth...something that she didn't share often...but that was just how it was when it came to her and connections.

"That night...when we were...together...I was afraid that I was..using you to try and made myself feel better..and that wouldn't have been right...and I didn't want to hurt you...so I panicked and..I just thought that..making you forget..would be better..."

It was a heavy truth...and Arashi stopped as she was now inches away, her feet seeming to move on their own as she was now looking at him directly.

"That was wrong...and I shouldn't have done that...and I am so sorry that I did because if I could..I would take it back...every second that I even considered it...but...I guess I can't...and even me trying to make it right doesn't change what I did..."

Arashi would then grow silent, her gaze lingering upon his as she just stared up at him.

"But...I am...and I didn't want to hurt you..I just...wanted to protect you...from me..and dragging you into my own problems...it wasn't right and I'll spend the rest of my life realizing that I did that to someone who I care about..."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 24, 2019 10:29:46 GMT -5
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 22, 2019 13:01:44 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

He didn't quite know how to respond when she lowered her head. He was already reading into it too much, his own logic being obscured by the emotions racking through his system. He had told her in Bonchi no Kuni, even though it had been laced with a threat. Did it mean any different saying it again not like that?

She'd taken a step back, and Akira was expecting the worst. But at the same, he couldn't guess her words. But she began to give context and Akira would flicker between her footwear, their surroundings, and her face. "I knew you were upset, obviously..." Akira could tell from her face, and tried to cheer her up. Whether it was the...best? thing to do, was debatable. But despite the cold ending, he had, managed to make her feel better at the behest of her mind's own attack on herself. Special, even.

Then it came to the event itself, Akira would nod subtly a few times as he was actively listening and processing. While at this point he wanted to be angry at her, it had already passed. Now wasn't the time for it, and with a surprising amount of control he kept it out of his body and his face, and it was extinguished. He gulped. He wasn't quite sure of what he wanted to say right now.

Her body and her words were saying different things, she was growing closer to him by the moment, it hadn't gone unnoticed at all and he was all too aware of her bodily proximity to him, she was growing closer and yet saying she didn't want to hurt him, his height being one of the few factors that kept their distance apart.

But what she said after gave more context, and as he understood it was still about the seal. She was apologising. Akira hadn't stepped back yet, and she couldn't get much closer to him. Even in the cold winds, he felt himself warming up, his eyes bound by hers. "Yeah..." he would agree, understanding her point now. Akira wanted to tell her that he couldn't hate her, but even then it was not the right time. He wasn't ready to break the touch barrier with her yet, knowing how she'd applied the Fuuinjutsu the first time, wasn't ready to bare skin toward her yet. But he wanted to, his piercing blue eyes just matching hers.

"With everything you said, is not using somebody. Your parents, if they have a disagreement, speak to each other. They're there for one another, I expect. That's not using anybody. We have friends, family and people we confide in when we're at our lowest. You'll have so many opportunities to make them proud... I could've helped..." His low voice matched the volume of the scenario, it was just the two of them there, with the chill of the wind and the landscape of the quarry from one side. Obviously, it would've been better if she had stopped and used her human words to rectify the situation than what had actually happened. But it couldn't be taken back.

He couldn't speak for her, but his was nonexistent and the voices while they weren't a Bijuu: were more lethal in ways than he could ever as kfor. He couldn't exactly drop his head in front of her, given his height, but he could look around her, for more time to speak.

He knew what he wanted to say, but no idea how to do it. "I'm in love with you, for you. I say that without following up with a threat." He'd grin for but a moment, but it would fade. His body was twitching lightly, out of panic, and out of the cold.

"I... you are..." he looked down at her lips, and back up to her eyes. His hand would come out of his pocket, and if she'd allow it, he'd place it over her forearm, just below the hand over her chest. One part of it was out of his desire to touch her, bridging that gap. Depending on her response or body, it would either end up there, or by his side. She had taken a strikingly close position to him, and it hurt. "If your people are anything like you, I couldn't want to hurt them." he was swallowing his pride a bit as well. this was him trying to make amends. But it wasn't over yet.

"Ar- I'll shut up." He sighed. He'd said too much, with little response. He had been given his respective advice from other people, from letting the scab heal, to going for it - to even her own mother to resolve the issue and move on.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Nov 22, 2019 15:19:14 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 22, 2019 20:24:27 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 317
NOTES.

He loves me.....

Those were the words repeating in her head, stating it over and over until it was fully understood just what had just come out between the two of them. As she felt his touch against her hand, seeing it so close to her chest, she'd remain where she stood, gaze still lingering up at Akira as he continued to speak. He understood, or at least he seemed to and he was willing to forgive her. But, what he wanted more than anything was her to be with him. Perhaps what was stranger was that...in a way, she wasn't afraid of the idea. Yet, she knew that no matter how it may have made her feel, there was something still missing from it.

The feeling was faint, small even...but she knew that part was just as important and that sensation in her heart had a face.

As she continued to look at him, her eyes would narrow a bit before allowing her small smile to appear. Seeming to attempt to shut himself up, the teen would laugh slightly, allowing his grasp to lower a bit before letting it hang down between them, her gaze would continue to rest upon the Iwagakure nin, her smile remaining before she began to speak.

"Akira...I..."

It was then that her gaze began to shift, her nose twitching before sniffing as she looked around her.

"Do you smell smoke?"

Her expression became blank, her posture changing before then looking back at his hand and then her own.

There was certainly something happening close to the quarry, a linger cloud seeming to plum up into the air, coming from the village close by. It could easily had been nothing, but the trace hints of oil mixed into the fumes was causing her nostrils to twinge.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 24, 2019 10:30:42 GMT -5
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 23, 2019 10:42:16 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

He hadn't even expected to get this far, not without her giving the indicator that it was not okay. But her touch was gritty, as he had known it by the Sand Armor she bore. Not that he blamed her at all for it especially given the prior tenseness of their situation.

His hand would draw back to himself as it lowered. He didn't know what to make of it.

But she smiled, and it gave him hope. Only a little. He still didn't understand where that left him, because he had come here to find out an- He wanted to- had to know what she would say. How they were. His face was open, vulnerable and awaiting.

When Arashi said she'd smelt smoke, Akira would return to a serious look as he turned away from her, sniffing at the air a few times, on alert for a good reason.

"No... I can't smell anything.." Akira did not have an enhanced sense of smell and so the distance would make it go unnoticed by him, not being able to sense what could be going wrong. But it was still bad.

What if she had actually planned something? What if she thought Akira had? Whatever progress lost in the space of a few seconds. He knew she was would be alarmed and would try to quell it.

"We can check out whatever's going on but I need this. Whatever your answer, I promise I'll help. I need to know if we can-" He either needed to be happy or hurt, and more than anything he needed the relief an answer would give him in spite of those feelings that would inevitably come up. But he couldn't go back to Iwagakure being stuck in limbo. Not again.

But what Akira said would be stopped in what he said when there was an explosion, of what he could now say he definitely smelled smoke, and now a plume of smoke rising into the sky.

Akira would look back at Arashi, then the direction of the fire, he would shake his head slightly - he wanted to carry on the conversation but not with the danger. The people in the town were not Shinobi themselves- and were at far more risk. "Come on. Stay safe..."

He took off in a run, making sure that Arashi would be by his side when they did. Their terrain was very open platform, direct to the village itself: as he had designed his position to be with little opportunity to be ambushed as possible from the day he arrived and the first day.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 24, 2019 10:29:09 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 504
NOTES.

"We can't just ignore somethin like that..."

Her tone was serious, knowing full well that he either thought that she were stalling or perhaps buying time in which to give him an answer to his statement. It certainly wasn't what she'd want either in such a moment, to be left with no response and to feel like the other person was stalling. He deserved that much, and she knew that she'd have to tell him the truth. But right now, they both were aware that their duties came first. Granted, this area wasn't part of Sunagakure or Iwagakure, but it remained on the border between their lands. That meant that, on rare occasions, a shinobi could very well come to it's aid. Sometimes, it would be a joint effort, but only after an arrangement from the two kages.

As Akira stated for her to follow him, she'd nod her head as she dashed after him, ascending the layers of the quarry in the direction of the smoke.

Fire in the range

Considering that such an explosion gave little time in which to try and send out word to her father, and Arashi hardly feeling as threatened by Akira as she had been before, she'd move along side the rock shinobi, drawing closer to their destination, hoping that perhaps the worst thing to happen was simply a small fire. Of course, the thing about hope was that at times it led to disappointment. As they would appear over the edge of the quarry, the view presented to them was something out of one of her favorite films. Flames were scattered across the grounds, people in panic as they rushed from one side to the next to find loved ones. But, what was the most notable in the chaos, were the figures moving in the background of the flames, seemingly on the hunt for something, but not ashamed to cause further horror as they moved about the aflame setting.

She didn't imagine that Akira was capable of this, otherwise she'd be probably more terrified of just what kind of man she was dealing with. But someone was clearly trying to find something within it, and they were creating a scene to distract everyone.

"Just...what kind of village was this again?"

Looking on, she'd soon hear screaming from close by, prompting her to shoot a glance in it's direction before staring back at Akira.

"I'll check on this area and see what I can do about getting people out...ya might wanna try and see if you can put out the flames with somethin..."

Sliding down the length of distance into the village, Arashi would make her way to her intended location, her eyes narrowed as she could feel the sensation of warmth around her, though her sand shield seemed to buffer much of it. That in mind, she didn't think it would give her actual air, which meant time was of the essence.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 24, 2019 16:38:16 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

"Civilian, mostly arts and crafts. Could be an out of control fire." Akira would survey and investigate from the information he already knew about the place. But his point was almost null as he'd see the same information that she would: flickering flames and shadows passing by, flitting there in moments past couldn't be a speed that a civilian could.

Akira heard the scream as well and his head jutted as it snapped toward the sound. She would be dealing with it. Akira would also move into play as well, but come to a small stop as she'd gave him a suggestion. "Put out the flames? put oUT THE FLAMES, SAND LADY?!" Akira would turn and bark at her as she took off in one directions, incredulous at the suggestion when she was the one smothered in fire smothering material.

"Fuck me..." Akira would say, taking off toward one of the buildings that was already aflame. 'I don't have many techniques for this. Shit.' Akira would think to himself. He didn't know any Suiton bashing techniques that would turn the fires out. The flames were already in multiple buildings: they were random. There was nothing accidental about this at all, in how the fire should've spread if it was accidental. Someone had intended this to happen.

There would be buildings that would spread the fire though in the way they were set out. Akira would see one he could.. engage to make sure that it didn't continue to spread.

'I could smother them. Fight fire with fire? I'm good at killing people, not environmental control! Grrr!' People were running past him and he would use the heel of his boot to push down a half eaten door, flames licking the entirety of the shop, which didn't look to have anybody else in it.

"Stand back!" Akira would call out to anybody and everybody. He performed some handseals, drawing in his breath for a moment: and pushing out an expulsion of chakra and steam that would be hot enough to hurt anybody in their way, but the water content high enough to drown out the fire.

He was trading one damage for another, only this one wouldn't spread and would only be a nuisance for a few minutes as long as it wasn't on anything human. It did also melt just about everything in the shop, which Akira sighed.

The structural integrity would do the rest of the work as he'd barrel out of the building, it would collapse behind him. Then he would go onto another building, checking through them for anyone else. He'd have to control it a lot more, smothering the flame with a wet heat was counter intuitive but apparently it did a better job than the natural fire itself. That's what he would continue doing - saving people, directing them out of the village as necessary.

But he needed to find who was responsible as well, with a few building being put out, although some of them had also collapsed at the same time. His jaw was tight. The noises of shouting and screaming were growing somewhat less faint, but no less people were needing help.

Akira realised that his arm was burnt as well, not badly: but enough to feel a noticeable singe. He would take off in a run, unsheathing his Kusarigama (currently dressed as a Scythe) and as he did a basketball sized boulder would punt its way into Akira's stomach: he turned addressing it, his scythe blocking the most of it but his body was sent spiralling into the wreckage of a building.

'Here we go..' Akira would say as he stood up from the wreckage, scythe in hand, head hurting, he would feel some blood. He really hoped it wasn't Sunagakure Shinobi, but for now... even he couldn't tell what was going on.

3x
NAME: Jōkiton: Seinaru Senrei [Steam Release: Holy Baptism] =
CHAKRA USAGE: High
CLASSIFICATION: Jinchūriki
PREREQUISITES: Jōkiton: Sansui-Jutsu
ELEMENT: Suiton
DESCRIPTION:
This seems like a counter-intuitive technique, but plays on the concept of using the environment to their advantage.

Using the moisture in the air as a catalyst, or outright taking water from bodies of water, the user invisibly draws the moisture and pulls it into their body, causing two things: the first creates a dry and humid environment which is uncomfortable to many people, clogging up noses or giving them a scratching sensation when breathing in.

After a brief moment to collect their "thoughts", they attack. Like the shockwave that all Jinchūriki are capable of performing, the user then expels a shockwave of boiling hot steam (with them at the epicenter) that goes out to a 20 meter radius. Organic material in the area quite literally begin to crumple and die, the steam is capable of melting skin and heating up armor to intolerable levels (that on its own can then burn people). This requires twelve handseals.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 26, 2019 22:26:49 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 408
NOTES.

Despite knowing exactly just what wares were coming from this place, it didn't exactly sound like the kind of place that would be raided. Still, right now there was limited time in which for her to try and investigate further. Especially, with her already on the move. In hearing his comment in her departure, Arashi would seem to make her way within the heart of the village, flames still spilling out into the streets. There was a less of an panic at this point, with the village seeming to have already escaped out. At least most of them had.

In the end, it still was a long shot to suspect that everyone had made it out. So a check at to be completed. Thankfully, she wasn't the only one with the abilties of more than one force behind her. Despite their belief that she might be more capable than he was in this area. Honestly, she never tested her sand in such intense heat before. Already, she could hear the crackling of each particle that was building up her shield with every step. Still, she kept coming, her arm extending outward at her approach, her curse marks glowing bright as a long strand of collected dust rose up from her back, trailing directly before her as it created the shape of that of a hand, raising up part of the fallen structure, pulling it free from her path.

"Hello!!?...Anyone in there!!??"

Arashi would call out to inspect it, soon allowing her movements to push her forward. Her path would direct her inside, still using the sand-based hand as her aid in clearing the path. Though from the corner of her eye, she could see movement, the same shadows she had made from earlier. They would seem observant of her, but not hindering her search.

They came here for something....

"Too bad I don't know what...

Keeping forward, she'd stop at a blockage that seemed to lead down into the basement, the teen leaning forward as she called out once more. Still no answer, only that soft sound of a cough. That was all she needed, Arashi soon slamming her sand appendage down, breaking through the broken boards and fallen debris, her path cleared enough so that she could gently slip in, her frame disappearing beneath the rubble.

"Okay.....I know I heard a cough...if ya around...give me on more sign....come on..."

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Nov 28, 2019 13:36:20 GMT -5
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 27, 2019 15:25:10 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

No sooner than Akira had got up a second basketball sized piece of earth was tunnelling towards him. The Sp. Jōnin would twist his hips and bend backward out of the way and it would sail past him.

Right now Akira knew no motive a Shinobi had for attacking him other than that he was posing a threat. The fire had started before they had both arrived, the chance that they were being singled out (unless some elaborate threat) was also unlikely. Akira remembered not to think too deeply about the reasons: some people did have them and others didn't, some would have deeply rooted motives, and others would work from a place of greed: or envy.

But he and Arashi didn't think to dispute that they were looking for something. The actions they were taking weren't methodological, they weren't trying to tear down the village - hitting it in a random places. A more well placed hand would poison their water supplies, take care of things silently. This was the antithesis of that, like they were trying to draw out something.

Or someone.

The fires were less prominent than before, so Akira had some time now to figure out who was to cause for all of it. Now, looking over in the direction of the fired projectiles he'd see a Shinobi, well dressed up, across the road from him.

"Are you the key?!" The man barked at Akira. "Whuh?" Akira's head would tilt slightly. If he were a key, why was something being fired at him? That was a tough concept to put his head around. "I won't ask again!" The man was shorter than Akira, and aside from the ability to use Doton ninjutsu he held what appeared to be a thick greatsword on his back. Akira would take a few steps out of the wreckage. "Are you the ones causing this?"

Akira held his side paralegal to the ground. But it would come in front of him and Akira would use both of his hands to twist at the compound weapon; it would begin to unravel into three sections, becoming a Kusarigama. "Surrender, and I'll make this easy." Akira would say.

But the man took off, no intention of fighting or surrendering it seemed. Akira would take off after him, running through the streets: but the man had stopped quickly after he'd started, because Akira would have walked into his trap.

The man would turn, performing a handseal: and a pentagon around Akira would light up. 'Explosive tags. Fuck.' Akira would work from a position of panic and go the only place he could go: up.

Five explosions would've broken and beat Akira, if not outright kill him. But he didn't like being in the air: an easy target. Having anticipated it, the man would fire off a third boulder at Akira: this one was much larger, and with his weapon still in his hands, moving was difficult: and would hold the Kusarigama out to try and redirect it to no avail, and it would strike him again: and he'd fall harshly to the ground, skimming backwards while the boulder rolled off to another side.

Now he had no weapon, and no patience to deal with the man. Akira was going to bust out the ninjutsu.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 28, 2019 23:12:09 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira
WORDS. 474
NOTES.

The depths beneath the structure held little light, but thankfully the majority of the smoke was above the floorboards. Though that was limited as she needed to breath at some point. Scanning the area, attempting to locate the cry she had heard from before, Arashi would move through the lower level of the home, eyes narrowed as she stopped in place, noting the sound of footsteps at her back, prompting her to turn as she could only make out what had been a shadow, moving to the left side.

Already, she felt the hair on her neck start to rise up briefly, soon shifting downward as continued forward. There was little time, and if this was indeed a trap, she'd need to make sure she had enough space as possible. Before long, an odor unfamiliar to that of the smell of charred wood traveled to the teen, prompting her turn and this time meet the figure that was waiting.

"Um...you don't look like your in any trouble..."

The strange was draped in a long black cloak, its face seeming to be covered by what looked to be a wood-craved beak. Their arms laid at their side, seeming to hold steel like talons along their fingers, yet at their waist hung a long sheathed blade.

"Are you the key?"

"The what now?"

Arashi could hear the crackling of the flames happening overhead, yet keeping her attention upon her possible combatant. It was then that she heard the cry yet again, meaning that there was indeed someone else down here. Was it possible?

"Can ya maybe describe this key?"

Black and White

"It is the only thing that matters...and we will do what it takes...to retrieve it...but it would be simpler if you told me of it's location..."

Holding her ground, the cries would continue to grow more and more faint, leading to Arashi to sign as she shook her head.

"Look! I don't know about any key...so either help me find people or just piss off!"

That was perhaps a poor choice in words, as before she realized it, the distance between herself and the crow-like figure closed sharply, it's body almost walking across the surface of the walls before then attempting to slash it's sharpened steel claw down upon the teen's previous position. With Arashi moving back, she'd soon narrow her eyes as she'd slid back, her hand drawing two shuriken from her pouch, sending them soaring in the direction of her new target.

Yet, as if flowing with the very wind itself, it's cloak would simply pass through them, it's leg extending forward in order to slam against the shinobi's chest. Previous experience prepared her for this, and her sand shield reacted as it would take the blow with ease.

"Guess ya not gonna piss off then..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-
x2 Shuriken

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 29, 2019 20:25:48 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Akira skidded across the ground, but used that momentum to rotate his body so that he was rolling: outstretched his limbs to control his body and then jutted his body into the shape of a ball so that he could control it, until he was standing up from the initial attack. Akira was a bit more burnt now, feeling the damage on his arm. 'Hot.' a minute or less of a medical technique and that would be fixed.

But his Scythe was now in the mid point between him and his new enemy friend. Akira would look at (presumably) his, features wrapped underneath all the heavy clothing.

He wanted to use Kokuo's power. But he had promised not to, to keep away from it all: to prove that he didn't need his chakra, that he was a self sufficient shinobi. Akira would perform some handseals much to the chagrin of the shinobi who began performing some himself. But Akira was faster, and the man's response would be immediate as his hands fell, and they were encompassed by his technique.

"Be forgot." Akira whispered. He could only relax momentarily as he'd begin to look around, keeping the ninja in his sight as he began to retrieve his weapon. His stomach hurt, that much was for certain, as was being pelted by boulders: but he was growing more used to the damage from the training he'd been doing. Becoming more durable.

The shadows hadn't stopped moving: but the lighting was returning to normal for the midday as the fires were being put out one by one. Akira picked up his Kusarigama, still very well aware of his surroundings. But Akira began to move toward the shinobi, before he'd gotten within ten meters of the Shinobi in front of him, two more arrived - blocking the direct access to him.

"Back off." One of them warned, and pulled off his hood to reveal a woman. She was old, probably mid fourties. 'Wrong thing to do.' Akira thought to himself as he looked at her features.

"Y'know, the longer you keep that Genjutsu there, the worse off your.. friend will be when you pull him out of it." Akira would muse by, prompting one of them to make a noise as they looked between Akira and their ally.

"Remove it!" The woman shouted, her teeth baring toward Akira, and she pulled out a Katana - pointing it at Akira. The other one tried to use the release technique by punching it into the person's shoulder. It did nothing. 'Not even strong enough to remove the technique. Ha.' Akira would think to himself. So one of them wasn't proficient in Genjutsu, if he had to benchmark it. Then again, few people were.

"If you don't back down, they'll really, really come out in a bad way. I promise." Akira wouldn't quite cross his arms, but his hands were by his sides while his eyes spoke a different story: staring them down quietly and letting them come to their own decision.

The other cloaked one would try again, punching them a few more times with their own chakra to try and release the technique, panic setting in a bit more readily as he could see it in their body language - and the woman seemed a bit more hesitant.

The clock was ticking, and as they took their time to decide, Akira was guessing that the man was now moving into the months, with every second that went, it would grow longer. They apparently weren't as strong as the one in the Genjutsu, and even then, they weren't that strong. 'Strong enough to disregard civilian life.' Akira thought to himself, but they both came to a decision when they both attacked Akira - one slicing diagonally toward Akira, and the other throwing a Kunai: Akira would be able to deflect and parry at the same time, and would punch the woman in the throat with his opposite hand, and then their fight would begin.

He had to keep his concentration for the Genjutsu and yet, also fight the other two Shinobi without other additional help: quite difficult to do the multitasking, and so Akira found himself being cut here and there across the body - light cuts, but being overwhelmed nonetheless.

"Give us the pass to the laboratory!! Give us the key!!" The woman screamed, and the other one screamed at Akira as well. "Free Ootsuki!!" as the presumed second woman would begin to fire off more projectiles at Akira.

'Laboratory? Key?' Akira thought again, and would fuck up, because the ninja behind them all would falter, shaking his head. But Akira wasn't worried, because they'd all get to see the outcome of the technique Akira never used.

In a laboratory somewhere inside the town, there was a barrier: on that barrier were two seals. Floating mid air, just waiting to be unsealed, just waiting to be activated. Not something that someone wanted to deal with alone, but it brought up so many other questions. Their motivations and desires? To burn down a village to get it?

Interesting.

Magen: Wasure Rareru [Demonic Illusion: To Be Forgotten]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very High (Medium Drain)
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
DESCRIPTION:
Thought to be one of the most devastating of the demonic illusion series of techniques, upon being caught in the technique (via a held handseal and eye contact or for sole specialist the audio cue "be forgotten") this particular genjutsu causes the target(s) to become chained upon a stone wall in a shallow cave structure; nothing but the rocks around them, a small drip from a single stalactite next to a tiny crack letting in a single ray of sunlight. The only noise to be heard other than the sound of chains on rock is the steady dripping of the water hitting the wet stone floor beneath it.

This technique attempts to trick the opponent's sense of time by speeding up the world around them. It starts off slowly with the first fifteen seconds or so seeming normal, then it changes to make the world play out events as if one second were one minute, then a hour per second, days per second, weeks, months, years. . .

This is done through the three major features in the room. The dripping water, the ray of sunlight and the prisoner's actions. As time seems to speed up the drips of water come down faster an faster. What was only a single drip in the fifteen second span quickly become a torrent of drips until it almost looks like a solid stream, but maintains the sound of each individual drip overlapped one another. The ray of light, what some might see as the only proof of an outside world goes from a bright morning shaft of illumination in the darkness to near strobe light flickering to mimic the passing of time.

The final, and perhaps most unsettling for some individuals caught within the technique is the perceived speed of their motions. As time advances at a seemingly more rapid pace, any chained to the stone will see, hear and feel their chests heaving faster and faster as the mere act of their breathing was condensed into shorter and shorter cycles. Any intended movement they tried to make would be seemingly instant, but their muscles constantly feeling a state of soreness; either feeling as if it were sore from not moving for so long or feeling as if they'd been straining against their chains for an unbelievable amount of time depending on their reaction to the genjutsu.

While truly affecting someone's internal clock is impossible with standard genjutsu, the technique instead turns that into a strength to make the target(s) even more unsure of what is real. While for them it might seem as only two or three minutes have gone by, the environment around them quickly shows the ravages of time as if years, decades or even centuries seem to slip by, as the stalactite grows longer and slowly forms a stalagmite below it, as rust creeps along the chains and even the floor begins to show wear from the target's feet moving across its surface.

While it take a long time for the agony of the technique to truly set in, it taps into one of the most basic and primitive fears human beings have, which is the fear to be truly alone. . . to be forgotten to the passage of time.

Needless to say this can cause quite a bit of mental trauma if held for long enough. At the least it would be prove difficult for people without extreme willpower to shake the feeling of isolation and helplessness towards the situation they were in, making it unlikely most shinobi could immediately rejoin a fight. At it's worse though it has the potential to end a shinobi's career should it cause the target to become monophobic. As such a phobia would make many missions all, but impossible.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
has written 0 posts
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 30, 2019 0:20:45 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Nodus Tollens

TAG. @akira

WORDS. 556

NOTES.

Mean demeanor

Credit had to be given where it was due. The fact that this masked stranger was so fast did instantly remind her of how speed was indeed key in most conflicts. Still, with each of it's passing swings, Arashi recognized her own skills as well. Even with her flashing her sand shield on and off as a means to throw her opponent off, it did very little to deter them from continuing with their assault. But, there was very little room within the hallway, and soon, Arashi would be forced to attack. But in truth, she was hoping to perhaps get this crow faced intruder to give up more information. Such as this key. What did they mean by it? Was it so important that they would burn down a village to get it? Perhaps that was the case, as they certainly didn't take their time in doing so.

Yet, it would seem as if the smell of smoke was faded, proving that eventually it would be put out. But, there was still the matter of the child that was hidden in here. Keeping back, Arashi would allow herself to be continually pushed, keeping her eyes set between the passing doorways and that of her foe.

So far, there were no clear opens, no sign of any previous entry. Perhaps they had always been there? Maybe even having fallen asleep before this event happened? In the end, she had to locate them, just in case this nut thought thy might be the key...whatever that meant.

Seeing the bird featured foe dance from the ceiling to the floor, their swordplay was indeed unique, yet holding the master skills required to keep her on her toes. But, at the moment that she saw a open door, the teen would smirk before looking over at her open, shifting the force of her sand barrier to allow it to hold, leading to Arashi stopping her movement with a serious gaze.

"Alright...play-times over..."

That said, two tendrils would launch out from her front, promptly lashing out as the Tengu intruder as Arashi began to move forward. These semi-large limbs would continue their pursuit, causing the cloaked being to retreat swiftly into the shadows, disappearing before the teen could get a good look upon her. Then again, that hardly mattered right now, leading to the sand nin rushing to the room that she had seen, disappearing slowly through it as she soon saw the young boy within the corner.

"Hi there...Its okay..don't be afraid..see?"

Taking a small step forward, Arashi would reveal herself with a cheeky grin, enough so that the boy would rush to her, wrapping their arms around her waist before the girl could slightly work toward picking him up.

"Okay...lets get outta here and find ya folks..sound good?"

A nod was the best answers she was going to get, and soon enough, she began to proceed down the hall once more, only to jump back as the floor above began caving in. Her path now blocked, the teen would shield the youth with her chest, narrowing her eyes as she began to look around. There had to be another way out? One that didn't involve more damage. Time was running out, and as a cough began to emerge, Arashi knew she need to find a way. 

-S.A Used-

Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Suna Makihige [ Sand Tendril]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Jiton
DESCRIPTION:
The user will create multiple thread-like constructs from sand and use them as if they were their own appendages, guiding them with chakra. These can be compressed to create powerful spears or simply as a way to trap or grab objects or persons within a range of 100 feet.

-Items Used-

x2 Shuriken

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Nodus Tollens [Private]Nov 30, 2019 20:21:51 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT,

Between trying to fight off a single shinobi who was keeping him on the defensive and another Shinobi providing support, Akira had his hands full. That was only going to get worse when the other ninja had escaped from their prison. It caught the attention of the support Shinobi who turned to grab at the ninja - only for that ninja to let out a blood curdling scream.

By the time that it had been broken, it had been years since they'd seen anybody. The time dilation provided by the technique was a lethal one. It was enough for Akira to break the cycle and return his own attack, parrying from the Katana the woman held: and then thrusting at her like a polearm with the scythe into her gut, and then side stepping her, keeping the scythe close to her and looping into her armpit and around her neck: finally pulling her toward his own back and offsetting her balance: pulling on his left hand until the edge of the scythe was against her neck; his right hand resting over the top of the blade.

All he'd need to do is push both hands to one side to end her. It was bad enough taking the air from her body as he applied pressure with his larger frame and physicality - and taking a few steps forward so that she wasn't about to be able to stab him in the ribs - and it was obvious in the way her Katana had been dropped and both of her hands were pulling at the bar, trying to free herself while being unable to stand herself up. A fight of two natures: Akira and gravity.

The affected ninja was holding on to the support one, still trying to gather their bearings, whispering sweet nothings into the other ninja's ears. They could both see Akira, and one of them was very visibly afraid as one of their arms were held up passively toward Akira.

Akira would release some of his own chakra into the air, in what he felt was familiar to what had happened with some of the other people he'd met: releasing the killing intent, and his own experience and suffering unto them. The denseness of his chakra pool so closely linked to Kokuo's was magnificent. The woman behind him was spluttering, starting to lose oxygen. Very shortly, she would be going under.

"Let her go!" The other ninja pulled off her own mask to reveal another woman. "And you think you're in a position to ask that?" Akira would tilt his head. "NnNOW!" The other one spoke, trying to back up their ally.

Akira would rip the Scythe down and cut the woman's throat open diagonally, not even giving her courtesy to look back as he did it. His scythe would rotate around and hover an inch above the ground in his left hand, about half way down the hilt, dripping blood. The movement elicited a scream from the other, and a whimper from the genjutsu-affected shinobi. For a few seconds they stood their in front of their new monster, all hope seeming to have disappeared. Akira would let that sink in for them. There was no running from him.

"You'll tell me what's going on or so help me-" Akira would take a step, but found himself stuck to the floor - his foot being dragged back.

"Run." A half garbled voice spoke from behind Akira. He couldn't quite understand it underneath the bubbling of blood: but the woman had revealed her chest (which was ordinarily not the situation for it) but there was a seal written in blood on her chest. "FF-" Akira tried to turn, the woman had grabbed his ankle: the other two Shinobi had taken off: he would stamp on her hand, a simple enough gesture and aim to drive his Scythe directly into the centre of her chest: but too little, too late.

A purple light came from the seal, and with it, another form of destruction - pulling in everything around it in a twenty meter radius, including Akira, into the seal. This was why he was meant to confirm kills.

There wasn't a good way to describe what it was like being inside a seal. Having his senses stripped from him, but being fully cognitive of having no senses at all. He felt that he was alive, in a strange way: because he felt like his senses were contained in a box, he just needed to wriggle or break free from it.

Though, the situation definitely felt like being dead, that's what he would continue to do until it was time to give up and accept his fate in this... afterlife.

Kiki Fuinjutsu [Crisis Sealing Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very High
CLASSIFICATION: Fuuinjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: N/A; However, the seal must be freshly drawn from the user's blood.
DESCRIPTION:
Requires "Karada Fuinjutsu [Body Sealing Technique]". In preparation, a seal of blood is drawn across the user's chest: once complete, the seal taxes the user's chakra dramatically and applies it's effect, pulling in everything within twenty meters in front of the caster into the seal. This effect is marked by a blinding purple light emanating from the seal itself. Supermassive chakra structures, such as Bijuu or Senjutsu class, cannot be drawn into the seal. Note that this technique does not do damage during the period the target is sealed,

In trade for its power, the seal's effect is temporary: anything without a will, such as fire, rocks, and attacks, is expelled within ten minutes (regardless of the amount held); anything with a will of its own can break free in 60 seconds, cut down proportionally between the number of targets (Two = 30 Seconds; Three = 20 Seconds, etc.).. Once complete, the seal burns and scars the user's body, its unique chakra nature preventing its use for a week. The aftereffects often incapacitate the user.

AND MINE IS THE FURY
dandy ♫
last edit by Deleted on Nov 30, 2019 20:22:41 GMT -5
has written 0 posts