Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]

compose a reply
Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]May 18, 2020 8:32:20 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Success is measured in blood. Yours, or your enemy's.
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday April 21st rank Jounin occupation Anbu

"Alright. Thanks for the information, pal. Leave it to us now. Just point us in the direction of the ranch or whatever this guy's crib is." The jounin replied after a moment of silent meditation and thinking.

He would wait until his partner was back and suited up for the occasion. Once the local had been properly dismissed and was far away enough, he started plotting.

"Alright so, here's the deal." He stated, still getting used to the rubber on his face and body. "There's this guy named Kyou which our friend here says has quite the temper. Said he was trying to off the competition after the loss of his wife. I think it's worth a check. Maybe run around his place, look at the water situation there. If we find a pipe or something connected to the main line we can figure out a if and how he could have spread this thing."

Patting his chest with his hand, he grinned under his mask. "And with these on, I think there won't be a problem even if we need to go for a trip in the sewers. Hopefully we don't, cause as much as I trust the filters of this mask with my life I think the smell wouldn't be too pleasant to be around in."

He pointed towards their next step and began walking, trying to get used to his new outfit and failing miserably at trying to silence his footsteps like he would always do. Turns out a rubber suit is too squeaky to sneak around in, even for ANBU.

"You know, there is one other thing that bugs me in all of this. Where would someone get a virus sample big enough to infect all this cattle? I doubt some farmers can even afford something like this out of smugglers or black markets. What if someone is growing the thing in a lab or something like that?"

Outfit

NOTES GO HERE

Nightshade has written 193 posts
Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]May 21, 2020 19:30:55 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market

With Fu now having left the two by themselves, Yusaku filled her in on what he had found out, leading to her holding a calm expression before placing a gloved hand close to her chest as she released a breath from beneath the hazard mask. Honestly, these questions were valid and they certainly put the farmer in quite the shameful light. But, as her companion mentioned, it didn't seem like this was something that people who worked within the fields could be capable of coming up with..especially with how rural the area appeared.

Not without help...

It seemed plausible that something was amiss here, and the chance that a virus was being developed and tested here was frightful. But would a man be so bold as to risk his own livelihood over the death of his wife?

Marriage could indeed be a beautiful and also deadly thing...and she wanted to hope that is such a thing happened that Kazuto would remain rational. Of course, that was some time into the future for such a concern.

"Let's check this man's farm and pray that if he is involved, it is limited in the dosage of this area. At the very least, I can get a sample and perhaps work toward creating a vaccine in which to aid everyone..."

Within moments, the two would be on their way, soon coming upon the man's land as she began to point to one part of the area.

"Check that part of the area and I'll look over on this side....It's a large area to scan, but that means the greater chance that we may find something that was out of place...though be cautious..like you said...what we're looking for might very well be here..."

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 1,295 posts
Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Jun 27, 2020 13:53:50 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

"Well, look at that. I'm not the only one that looks good with three centimeter of rubber all over your body." The jounin commented with a grin on his face. If Miho was ready to tease, then she would need to expect some in return. He wasn't lying though. The medic didn't look too bad even though she sounded kinda funny now that her words were muffled by the mask and filters.

Turning over to the man there yapping informations and pointing fingers, Yusaku waved. 
"Alright then, thanks for the heads up. We'll check it out, you're free to go."

The young Hyuga would fill Miho in on the man's story as they squeaked their way to the suspect's farm. Thankfully, the elastic rubber hugging their form would soon get used to the walk cycle and stop making both of them sound ridiculous.

"Water does seem the best way to spread something like this virus." He repeated. "Besides, ranches and places where cattle is raised must use alot of it for various reasons. Either for drinks, to wash or probably something else too. I'd definitely start from the water.

First we check if the guy is around, then we start sweeping the area. Well... actually...you question the guy while I sweep the area. I might be wearing goggles and an airtight rubber suit, but takes more than that to stop a byakugan from seeing it."

Outfit

NOTES GO HERE

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Jun 29, 2020 13:16:56 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head

Miho was somewhat skeptical about allowing the man to know how much of a compliment it was that her figure did work within such an outfit. Still, it was nice to be able to experience it at least once, considering how much Kazuto seemed fond of the material. Though with her hand upon her hip, she'd soon sigh as she let out a small laugh before looking over the area once again.

Before they could start searching, it probably was a good idea that they did go and speak with the land's owner for further permission to do so. Though of course, with one of them doing this as the other inspected it secretly, it did prevent the off chance that this man was indeed doing something illegal and thus could prevent his escape.

With a nod, Miho would approach the small farmhouse, looking around as she coudl see signs of this at one time being a happy home. Clearly, those days were gone as there were signs of decline. His land was well tended to, but the home was a different story. Broken windows, dust cluttered within corners, knicks within the floorboards.

This was the home of a man who had been dealing with loss for some time, and was still struggling with it as well.

Though that was not for her to help with. There was a greater concern and if he was at the center of it, she'd have to get answers.

Knocking upon the door frame, the young woman would wait at the entrance, surprised by the sudden appearance of the man from behind her.

"Ah...you again?"

"Um yes...hello again..."

The farmer would appear to have just come from the fields, perhaps having tended to his crops. With the removal of his gloves, he'd set them down on the porch floor, slapping the dust and dirt from their surface as he continued to speak.

"If its about this bug goin around and killin the livestock, I ain't got nothin for ya..."

"That doesn't seem to be something that your fellow farmers would agree upon...I simply wish for your permission to search for any signs. It could easily have been accidental and you'd have no knowledge of it in the least. After all, viruses can cover their signs to appear as nothing more than a cold before turning into something else.."

"Whatcha think I be growin here? Vants of germs!?"

Miho would not say anything, her expression thankfully masked over, though her eyes would trail to the site of the man's front deck, leading to him holding a frown as he moved passed her.

"It's just me here! Why should I be worryin bout company when I got a farm to run!?"

As she watched him move inside, he'd apparently leave the door open to allow for conversation, prompting Miho to follow after him.

---------------------

Though with this distraction, Yusaku would have the space he needed to investigate.

There two water sources that were in view. One was that of a river, one that seemed to move the length of the area and almost into that of the neighboring farms. The next was that of a well, dusted over with moss and copper stone.

Aside from this, the next were the fields. Easily being used to not just feed people, but also his animals. With some of the creates close by grazing, it was possible that some had managed to come up into this open area and proceed to infect it.

But such was the case in a place with little to no fences.

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Jul 20, 2020 11:41:20 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

Yusaku would do just that. Since Miho was handling questioning this time, the Hyuga would put the thick rubber coating around his body to good use. As long as he was wearing the hazmat suit, he would have no reason to fear getting himself dirty.

And so he started looking around, from the most likely place to the least likely place someone would try and hide something. He still made sure to remain somewhat close to Miho just in case the other guy decided to not be so friendly. She could obviously take care of herself, naturally, but as a good shinobi always knew: Strenght in numbers. 
"Okay okay okay...I should be able to check things with my Byakugan even though I have this heavy mask on my face. At least I can breathe fine with it. Those people at Kusa sure know what they are doing..."

And so, Yusaku's gaze focused as the blood vessels around his eyes bulged. His vision was unlike any other, but it still needed a lot of blood and a small stream of chakra to stay active. Yusaku began scanning the area around him, slowly expanding his search further and further away. He knew he wouldn't need to check the whole six kilometers he could see, but you never know.

Outfit

NOTES GO HERE

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Jul 21, 2020 13:39:40 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yusaku use of the Bayakugan would prove to give more insight than he had imagined. His scan of the area would present something to him within the area of the barn. Not only that, but along the side of the house as well. There were indeed signs of chakra throughout the air, showing an active sign of life within a specific plant that seemed to linger within the bales of hay, as well as in the feed. They were small, much like specs, likely proving to be spores of these random plants that seemed to have cropped up in various places on the farm.

This foreign element seemed to likely hint at being the cause of the infection, as they carried with them trace amounts of bacteria woven within their tender flesh. The flower itself, was purple, much like a violet, yet it's steam was dark green, and it's petals black in shade.

--------------------------------

Miho's venture into the farm house had given similar results, though she need not have such eyesight to realize it. While the home itself was indeed that of a country house, the standing out item within was that of a selection of flowers, each one holding a flower bud that was purple with black leaves. In her gazing, she'd soon see the farmer looking back at her, prompting her to come into the living room as he sat himself down.

"See? Ain't nothin here that could cause whatever happenin out there!!"

"I wouldn't be too sure..."

Seeming perplexed by this statement, the medic would make her way over to one of these flowers, seeing it nestled upon the window sill and to an open window. It appeared to have already begun developing spores, likely releasing them into the air and prompting them to travel out into the fields...and perhaps even further out by way of the wind.

"This flower...How long have you had it?"

"That...well..I...my wife..picked it up after one of her trips to the market...It was being sold out there by one of em foreign traders...why?"

Miho would stare back at the man, her eyes narrowed as if to see if he were telling the truth, there were no indicators that this was a lie. Yet as she looked back, she'd see the flower yet again, noting the other areas of the house where similar pots were stored by the window.

She replanted them?"

The farmer would shake his head, releasing a breath as he lowered his head.

"After she died...I wanted to keep it living...for her...so when it began sporin...I took the seeds and placed them in pots and hung em by the windows..."

"How long has she been dead?"

"Goin on...three years now...miss her every day...she was more the green thumb round here.."

Miho held some compassion for a man who would want to retain the memory of his loved one in such a fashion. Though sadly, the time line matched up with a theory she was already starting to form within her head. Thinking back on her knowledge within wild plants and their usages, she'd began to see the pattern here. Along with the comparisons of the animal she and Yusaku saw when they arrived, there was only one logical conclusion.

"Sir....this plant is whats infecting the livestock...and I think it also killed your wife..."

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Aug 17, 2020 14:58:11 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

"DO NOT TAKE YOUR MASK OFF!" Yusaku's suit light squeaking heralded his arrival as he rushed over to Miho. "Do not take your mask off." He repeated, hardened eyes darting around as he located each one of the culprit plans.

"There are spores...everywhere. And bacteria on the spores. They hay, the water, everything is contaminated." He declared, staring at the guy his partner was conversing. "Inside his lungs too. You're clean...I'm clean. Thankfully we didn't breathe this in before we suited up." He would add, driving the point home. As long as they had their suits on, the thick rubber would keep them from getting infected it seemed.

"How...how are we supposed to deal with this?" His mumbling coming out muffled from his respirator, meaning he had to repeat at a higher volume to avoid getting his voice truncated by the mask pressing on his face. "There's no way we can sterilize the whole area. Plus, our filters aren't going to last forever. I only have one spare backpack per each. Which means our third lung here has four hours to give us before we need to gtfo. First off, these purple flowers gotta go. But what can we do then?"

Outfit

NOTES GO HERE

last edit by Yusaku Hyūga on Aug 18, 2020 6:31:15 GMT -5
Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Aug 17, 2020 16:25:14 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The urgency of Yusaku's arrival hammered in the point of the dangers of this plant infestation, though he clearly now had upset the older male greatly as he seemed to slump down into his chair. With a calm gaze resting upon the Hyuga, Miho did her best to remain centered and clear. Though inside, she was panicked as much as he was.

It was literally everywhere...and the exposure rate was beyond critical...

Getting rid of the plants was one task that needed to be done, but the other was finding a means in which to treat those that were already infected. The farmers and those that lived near by. Thankfully, it was isolated enough that no one would catch it outside of this location, but the fact of the matter was that this had to be stopped.

Closing her eyes, she began to take a deep, slow breath, releasing it just as slowly as it began to fog up her mask. They had four hours to come up with a solution, fours hours to do everything that they could to help, and then they would have to leave.

Four Hours....have to make them count

"Clearance of the area would be required and quarantine for those nearby...the water supply can be saved overtime, but the farmlands...they'll have to be destroyed..."

"Destroyed!?"

"Yes sir..Destroyed! We have a infectious diease that has by now settled into the very soil around us! If we do not stop it here, it will spread further out into Hi no kuni! That means more land will be lost! It can be grown back!"

"This area has been in folks name for generations! The shortages will leave many of us without means to take care of ourselves!"

It was true...some may not be able to recover...but she was certain that the village would provide for them...they had to..."

"There's no other way....if it isn't done now, then there will be no stopping it! I'll take a sample of the plant back with us so that it could be studied for any chance that we can create a means in which to further prevent it...but for the moment...."

Miho would then look over toward Yusaku, her gaze narrowed as she held it to his.

"We have to burn these acres to the ground..."

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Sept 14, 2020 11:05:03 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

"I'm not a Katon user. Plus indiscriminate use of ninjutsu would cause more damage than good." The jounin was quick on the reply, checking his mask for leaks and doing the same for Miho's.

The situation was bad, but it wasn't all lost.

"We need to inform the other residents. Relocate them all somewhere else while some Katon experts deal with the sterilization. You go do that, my foxes will help send word back to konoha. I'll seal these flowers in a scroll so that we can get them analyzed and see if our medics can find something to stop these from killing." that was the plan as he laid it out to be. He was the highest ranking officer in there, so it was his duty to call the shots.

He would quickly move over to the purple perpetrators. "We should also quarantine all cattle around here. I don't wanna kill them all off, perhaps we can isolate them all somewhere while our medics work on a cure. Finally, we need to send word to Kusa. Their medic division might have something to help up. Besides, we wouldn't be here without the suit we are wearing."

Outfit

NOTES GO HERE

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Sept 14, 2020 14:29:45 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

While Miho was more willing to burn these lands, Yusaku seemed to believe that another means would be done to deal with the situation. He wanted to isolate the cattle, move the population off sight and quarantine, along with informing the medical division of Kusagakure for support in dealing with this matter as they also studied a sample of their own back in Konohagakure.

It was a lot, and it might not amount to much. It was the cynic in her speaking in regards to their odds. But at this point in time, she wasn't the superior officer here, and she had to trust his judgement in how they were to handle this. They only so much time left and it would be quite a task in getting everyone to a location that was far away from this area. There was one area further north, Seinaru, which might act as a suitable location. It was the best they had for now, and time was short.

"Okay...I'll ensure that the area is evacuated...."

Miho would start with the farmer, helping him outside as she began to make her way throughout the area. IT was a time consuming, many refusing to believe what was going on. But the older male seemed to give truth to her words. His presence was of a great need, though she imagined that many now were going to be resentful of him for how things went down. Still, if they could find out what was going on without so much as burning a blade of grass, it was worth it right?

Though in truth, with the time it might take to find a cure and solution, the more things might get worse and spread. That was what Miho worried about the most.

Still, before long, she had managed to send word to Seinaru of the incoming group, stating the need for isolation and to attempt to build shelter for them. She'd also send word to Konohagakure as well, letting them know of the situation and how it was being handled. It was likely only going to take moments for the militia to appear to aid in the rest of the transport. These people had a lot to lose, but at the very least, they could keep them alive on the road.

Soon enough, Miho would appear back toward where Yusaku was, looking over the area as containment of the livestock was now underway, prompting her to cross her arms as she held a narrowed gaze.

"We've managed to get over half of the families mobile and moving toward the designated location for temporary quarantine. The livestock is all thats left..."

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Oct 9, 2020 4:10:44 GMT -5
Yusaku Hyūga
Yusaku Hyūga Avatar
groupnull

"...I see you're not completely on board with my decisions." The Hyuga commented as he overlooked the entirety of the operation with his Byakugan. He made sure to "look" at her, knowing that other people very much cared for eye contact. He would hope she did not mind him to be more focused towards the incoming personnel from Konoha, as well as a good number of his summoned foxes helping out as well.

"I am not a medic myself...but I understand you might be worried about it spreading around if we don't kill cattle and all that, however..."

His eyes didn't move much, so he made an attempt at not making it look like he was staring at her, even though he was observing the team of Katon shinobi dress up in the same hazmat suits he and Miho had.

"There is nothing more valuable than life. Be it man, animal or plant. I became a shinobi becuse I wish to protect that." The Hyuga would explain with a sigh, now truly focusing on the medic beside him.

"These are just flowers. They are not good nor evil. We would be causing way more destruction than it by burning all and slaughtering animals." He would tinker with his gloved hand, still not completely comfortable in the tight confines of the rubber bodysuit he had on. At least the mask wasnt heavy on his face and he could breathe normally. All in all the only problem was a slight muffle onh.is voice. Nothing even remotly unbearable. "We know the problem, the symptoms and the cause. Therefore we can secure, contain and devise an antidote. Even if someone else gets infected by the flowers, we'll be able to cure them without destroying too much. Plus we can issue a notice so everyone will know what to do if they see these purple flowers in the wild."

Yusaku's hand dived in his satchel and would then offer Miho the scroll where the flowers had been sealed in.

"That said...Kazuto always tells me I should be a bit more firm in things, so if you think we really need fo kill the cattle after we sterilize this place, you're as much in charge with this operation as I am. As the medical professional, the final call is yours to take."

Yusaku's eyes wandered off elsewhere, letting Miho know that a group of shinobi in green hazmat suits were approaching them. The Katon team they requested had arrived. It was up to her to order them around as she thought best.

Tag  NOTES GO HERE

Poisonous Conditions, Farmer's Market[Mission]Oct 9, 2020 9:50:38 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Miho would listen to Yusaku's words, and while she could understand his feelings on the matter, it was still a hard sell.

"I too believe in life...and I do not take it lightly...I understand the need in wanting to preserve what we can...but at this point in time, there is such a thing as proper containment and protocol..."

As she could see the shinobi starting to move in, Miho would look to the scroll handed to her and then back at the Hyuga as she held a narrowed gaze.

"It would be different if these plants were a natural part of the ecosystem, but they are basically invaders that are already drastically changing the dynamic of this area...and not for the better..."

There was little time for the two of them to debate, and while she wanted to be rid of these things for the safety of everyone, she could see his view as well in regards to the animals. The plants however, were a more puzzling factor. Even more so as it appeared that while Yusaku was the superior shinobi in this, he was allowing her to choice in how they were to proceed, quoting Kazuto as she shook her head from one side to the next.

Before long, the head reinforcement officer would come to the two, seeming to be awaiting the command as he looked from both Miho and Yusaku.

"Quarantine the cattle for the time being...ensure that the area has been relieved of all livestock and animals that could be transferable to the infection....as for the fields..."

Releasing a breath, Miho would then close her eyes.

"For now we need to stabilize the area to keep any more spores from escaping. I would suggest a barrier be in place to create a field of containment to do so..."

Resting her hand upon her hip, she'd watch as the man would disappear to repeat these orders to his men, leaving Yusaku and her alone.

"For now...I guess we take this back to for study...hopefully we will be able to find a means of dealing with the infection for everyone's sake...especially the villages..."

Handing the scroll back, her hand would rise up to rest on her forehead.

"This is a mess..but perhaps we can save this place without it having to burn..."