compose a reply
Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 14, 2020 9:59:37 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 3

the worst case scenario is you
Shikajin hated the feeling that came with reliving that particular event in his life, the helplessness he felt as he watched Chozaro sacrifice himself so the rest of the group could escape. He had been mad at not only himself but his sensei for being so useless during all of it, perhaps the foundation for being so critical of others in his current role. If he left it to them there was a good chance the patient would end up in a worse state than before, and that was something the Nara wanted to avoid at all costs. Granted, it was an irrational line of thinking but he knew his skills better than anyone else and could trust himself to get the job done.

However, all the medical prowess in the world hadn't stopped the nightmares, the sleepless nights, and the permanently attached dark circles under his eyes. Medicines from his clans had not even worked in eliminating them and the chunin wasn't a huge proponent of therapies and the such, and he honestly felt himself going to be burdened with the weight of his teammates death for the rest of his life. There perhaps was one cure, a fleeting one, but that would require more time to put together than he had at the moment.

If there was one thing about constantly being reminded of that fateful day it was that the images were like clockwork in that they wouldn't last forever. It would get pretty bad for a few minutes but as always Shikajin would pull himself out of it. The words of the blonde rang through his ears, an origin story of sorts, and for better or worse his included the death of a loved one as well. Most in this world had experienced the worst kind of pain in one way, shape or form, and in a weird way it brought people together; perhaps even more than being able to share good times.

"... Thank you. I'm sorry about your mother." The Nara would reply as continued to reel himself back into the present. It was a rare occurrence that the memories of Chozaro would flood the man's mind in public and Shikajin had done well to push them back while out and about, but every once in a while the right --or wrong-- word or phrase would catch him off guard and... well, one could guess the rest.

"Is that what brought you to Konoha, or did you always want to run a restaurant in a hidden village?" He'd ask, slightly joking in a out of left field attempt to lighten the mood. He was working on bedside manner and wouldn't limit himself to only practicing with patients in the hospital.

@one @two @three | ### | whoop whoop

Kata has written 271 posts
Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 14, 2020 12:30:28 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation

Yusuke gave Shikajin a few moments to collect himself. The Nara still seemed to be processing something, he had the look Yusuke had seen on his own face several times whenever the memories if his mother, of her wasting away in the back of a wagon while the circus travelled about, would surface in his own mind. The Nara offered thanks, and condolences of his own and Yusuke would return the statement with a small nod. Loss was universal, something that everyone felt but could not always express. Sometimes words felt empty, but when spoken by someone who shared that pain, could also mean far more than the simple sentence said.

Bringing things to a lighter tone the Nara would ask if that was what motivated Yusuke to come to the leaf and begin his adventure as a bar owner. The Saruobi let out a small alugh at the statement

”Honestly I cant say I always wanted much of anything. Growing up on the road I was pretty content with the life I had. Perform here, travel, perform there, repeat. It was simple, but there was a joy in it.” He said looking at Shikajin, ”Honestly mom left me a letter telling me my dad was a shinobi here, and that she wanted me to come. So I packed a bag and went. From there it was all about Living up to the Sarutobi name, becoming a great shinobi, proving I was worthy of my clan. Oddly it was and a clan I hadn’t even known I had until I got here.”

And now he was potentially going to be leading them. Deciding what course his clan would take in their actions to preserve and protect the village. He supposed that was part of life, you never knew what was going to hit you next, and all you could do was make the best of it.

”How about your clan? Are they all about ensuring the legacy is maintained? If I become clan head I’ll probably be working with your leader quite a bit, since the two clans go way back. He asked.

Insert spoiler

TAG: name
NOTES: Here
Speech Text

Yusuke has written 440 posts
Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 14, 2020 21:24:17 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

It was a much different life for the blonde than Shikajin could have imagined, though it did give a slight explanation as to why he was so comfortable eating fruit plucked from a tree... allegedly. It sounded like he had been part of a performing caravan in his younger years though what exactly they put on was still a mystery. Still, it was a far cry from the life of a shinobi and the Nara wondered how long it took for the man to acclimate to such a new way of life; then again, with his father being a shinobi it wasn't like Yusuke was starting from the absolute bottom. "That sounds like quite the left turn from... performing."

Eyes slightly widened at the revelation that the blonde was on his way to leading a clan, and it being the Sarutobi no less. Instantly, generations of kinship had connected the two. The trio of Ino-Shika-Cho was well known within Konoha and perhaps the world round but what some didn't know was that they were usually led by someone from the Sarutobi clan, so in some ways it was a quartet. Granted, the generations didn't always line up to produce that result but all four clans were close with one another regardless.

"I'm from the Nara clan, so yeah, I think you'll probably be working closely with us."
Shikajin would reply still a bit shocked that the one person he ran into out of all the forested spots in Konoha was the soon to be leader of a clan his family was close with. Granted, the chunin was nowhere in the vicinity of holding any kind of power in his clan and wouldn't be present during any inter-clan meetings, but it was still good to know that those his family would be working with were reliable, rational individuals. Kazuto had shown such with the Senju, and now Yusuke with the Sarutobi... and if Inoyami played her cards right she'd be leading clan meetings soon enough.

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 16, 2020 10:29:51 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke let out a small laugh at Shikajin's observation of how different the shinobi life must have been compared to his life on the road.

"You got that right. Though my acrobatics training and knife throwing acts were actually pretty helpful in getting through the academy." he chuckled.

True enough the lifestyle change had been a daunting adjustment. Days that had once been spent playing and laughing with the clowns, or rehearsing his performances with the dancers, had become days of arguous training days.

"I can't say I don't enjoy the work now though. It feels like I'm doing something to better the world, defending the people and all that." he continued.

He noted the surprise on Shikajin's face as Yusuke spoke of becoming his clan's leader. Thankfully the Sarutobi kept most of their inner clan conflict between themselves. Showing a capable and united front to the rest of the village was a huge priority.

"The Nara seem a solid and level headed group. Here's to hoping I don't ruin generations of cooperation in my first week." he said with a grin, showing he was joking.

"What's on your docket for the day? I would honestly just sit here all day if I had the option." he asked the Nara, wondering if perhaps he could make himself useful to his new friend.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

[/font][/div][/div]
last edit by Yusuke Sarutobi on Mar 16, 2020 10:33:04 GMT -5
Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 19, 2020 19:17:50 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Well Shikajin certainly couldn't have said that he had met a performer turned shinobi before and had he put together one at some point in the past the man surely could have crossed that off of his bucket list. He thought it fortunate for Yusuke that his background made the transition somewhat smoother, at least in a physical sense, as all the studying probably fried his brain on more than one occasion. Not that the man seemed dumb but more so just the figure it out on the fly type rather than pulling from procedure. "Yeah I think for the most part we're doing good work, but it feels like something is always popping up to test the peace we are experiencing at the moment."

The Nara could be a bit pessimistic sometimes --he preferred 'realist' but to each their own-- and while not having to worry about his friends and families being sent out for wartime efforts was a decent feeling he wondered just how long this era could realistically last? He doubted that every village was satisfied with their current standing in the world and all it took was a bit of momentum and the situation could snowball into a raging battlefield.

"Mm, thank you, I think the leaders do a good job at keeping things in perspective for us as a clan and I've yet to find something to complain about. I'll remember to tell them that you're new to the position so they don't mess with you too much." Shikajin would reply half-joking. His family was a pensive one but even they found ways to enjoy life, sometimes at the cost of those that weren't as quick on the uptake, but Yusuke had so far proven himself to be a strong willed and caring individual so the chunin would try his best to spare him the particular high brow humor of the powers at be in his clan.

The blonde would posit to plans for the day ahead, the sun now beginning to emerge over the horizon signaling the start of another day in Konoha. Soon the sounds of hustle and bustle would reach even this small slice of solace. "A few things for my clan, and depending on how long that takes reading up on some medical journals." He was fortunate to not have been assigned a shift in the hospital today but where he wouldn't be seeing patients only allowed him more time to keep his nose in a book. The life of a medic consisted of never ending studying as there were always new techniques and practices being developed that could be used to help people. "And yourself? I assume the bar will be opening up at some point today?" Shikajin would inquire probably already knowing the answer but curious what else a soon to be clan leader had on their agenda.

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 24, 2020 15:48:05 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke nodded at the Nara’s words concerning the peace the village seemed to be enjoying. The idea of all out war was strange to Yusuke, but even as he did missions as fought to protect the village there did seem to be a strange tension in the air. The status quo had existed for a time now, and while it was pleasant to dream that there would never come a time of deeper conflict, it was also unlikely to last forever.

”We take it a day at a time I suppose. War is best avoided, though for some reason too often people think it’s the only way to get things done or to cause change. Sometimes I feel like its lack of empathy ya know? We have all these village loyalties, and the nations have their agendas that get pushed. Maybe its weakness, but overall, I really believe most people at the end of the day just want to live a happy life. When they think the way to do so is by destroying others to get what they want, it usually just ends with misery for everyone.” he said with a shrug.

Perhaps he was too empathetic, but his ideals had yet to be tested by a full scale conflict. Maybe a few years from now he would look back and consider his current viewpoint childish. Only time would tell.

He laughed as Shikajin spoke of the Nara and said he would try to put in a good word with them to avoid them messing with Yusuke too much. It was true from what he knew the Nara were somewhat known for a dry wit, though he had not been on the receiving end of it himself. Shikajin spoke of the day ahead and asked Yusuke what he had planned.

”We open for lunch, and then a break before dinner service. Ill have to attend some meetings in the gap, and my office at the tavern has become somewhat of a meeting place, so clansmen show up throughout the evening to discuss issues. I had intended to get some training in this morning before I had to get to work, but suppose that just wasn’t in the cards for me today.” he chuckled, ” Not that I’m complaining. I’ve been somewhat starved for good conversation as of late.”

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Mar 26, 2020 18:45:06 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

There was a rather poignant and detailed thought on the current peace and inner workings of how it had been maintained from the Sarutobi which made Shikajin ponder in silence for a few moments. It was true that most people probably just wanted to live comfortable lives though one could say for shinobi it was a bit harder to sit still after being trained as a killer for years upon years. Granted, those in less than enviable positions in life surely felt that the only way to get ahead was to take from another, whether that be resources, land, or whatever, and extrapolated to the village level often resulted in conflict. What was a peaceful to one nation may have come at the cost of blood and tears for another and in turn them wanting a peaceful existence for their population which would lead to the cycle beginning anew. A hellish game of cat and mouse.

Alas, that was where the Nara felt his duties best be utilized: in helping others get back to proper form to attain or maintain a peaceful state. It would have been irresponsible of him to believe that the very people he healed were all running good will missions or tasked with talking down the opposition. No, there was always strife somewhere unfortunately and it was his job to lessen the amount that hit home. He had not been under the impression for quite some time that all of life's problems could be solved with a few words, thinking yes, but at times a decisive action was necessary; it was the reason perhaps, at least to him, that quite a few medical techniques could harm just as well as they could heal.

"One nation's peace is anothers strife. It's a less than appealing cycle, but I suppose we just do our part to make sure the less than pleasant stuff doesn't reach the village gates." The chunin would reply as he meddled with oh so familiar dark thoughts. He had spent many sleepless nights lamenting life's glorified rat race while wondering if there was any possible way to alter the status quo, though most of his conclusions ended in some kind of conflict.

Onto lighter things, it seemed that Yusuke still had some time before needing to go open his establishment, though as a soon to be clan leader his day was full of meetings --probably both planned and otherwise-- on top of running a place of business. Yeah, he probably needed this spot to get his mind right just as much as Shikajin. "Well, I'm glad this was an adequate trade off for you. What were you planning on training?" The Nara would ask slightly curious though in the back of his mind expecting to hear something along the lines of taijutsu for... obvious reasons.

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Apr 2, 2020 20:47:08 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke sat and relaxed as Shikajin processed the statement he had made. The man seemed one prone to deep thought, and Yusuke could respect the fact that he thought through his answers to things. The Sarutobi tended to shoot off at the mouth, saying whatever entered his head. While it was something he was working on, seeing the Nara truly evaluating the statement he had made was refreshing. When the Nara finally spoke he addressed the cyclical nature of war, and spoke of defending the village from the less than pleasant side of strife.

”That cycle comes from the nature to hoard and to defend what is gained. Those with an abundance fear that they will one day find themselves lacking what they need. They see others as a threat to what they have. In contrast those without look at those who have and feel resentment and frustration towards them. In reality there is usually enough that everyone could get their fair share, or enough to comfortably survive. Doing so however requires that all parties involved come to agreement. By nature people seem to be pretty bad at that.” he mused.

Shikajin asked what Yusuke had planned on training. In reply the Sarutobi produced a scroll from his hip pouch and tossed it to the man. Inside was the theory and study of the Doro Gaeshi or Mud Overturn jutsu. An interesting defensive doton jutsu Yusuke had found the information on in the compound library. He had been spending more time their lately, looking over scrolls with various jutsu and picking those he found useful.

”I tend to focus on up close combat, and use speed as my primary means of closing distance and landing strikes. I thought rounding out my arsenal with some more defensive techniques would help improve my overall ability. I’ve been told I have a knack for ninjutsu, so I figured it was time I started putting it to good use.” He said with a shrug.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Apr 7, 2020 8:27:27 GMT -5
Nara Shikajin
Nara Shikajin Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Fear and envy seemed to be the foundations for most of the world's issues, and though basic emotions they were all that was needed to snowball minor disagreements into major conflict. Everyone was run by their base instincts --some could train themselves to hold out a bit longer than others-- but at the end of the day the need to sustain one's existence overruled everything, and the higher one went in the societal chain the more dire the stakes; parents had to look out for their kids, Kage had to look out for all those they swore to protect, and while the scales were vastly different the principle remained the same.

"Well, if we can get a few more people to be as rational for half as long as we just were then there may be hope for the world yet." Shikajin would reply trying his best to subtly shift the topic to something not centered on death and destruction; he thought about that enough as is. However, the wise words of the Sarutobi would not be lost on the chunin. Initial appearances had been deceiving, especially chowing down on a 'wild' apple, but Yusuke did seem to have a mind geared towards critical thinking and being able to look at the big picture, qualities that were right in line for clan leadership. Perhaps he wouldn't have to ask his clan leaders to go easy on the man... no no, that still needed to happen.

The Nara wasn't surprised in the least to hear that Yusuke preferred close combat as his form looked to be the result of years of intense physical training, the polar opposite of Shikajin's more lithe frame. However, Yusuke lamented on the fact that he was lacking on the defensive side of things, a shortcoming that many would not be able to readily concede, and to supplement that he was looking to train up his skills in ninjutsu. "It's not often I see people trying to toughen up their defenses, probably why I have a job." The chunin replied with a chuckle. "If you need assistance I can lend a hand or two, I've been told my shadows are useful for exercising defensive tactics." The man would add. The Nara hijutsu was a tricky yet fun one to use as most never had to worry about their own shadow being used against them in a fight.

Flowers in bloom (Shikajin)Apr 11, 2020 16:36:43 GMT -5
Yusuke Sarutobi
Yusuke Sarutobi Avatar
groupnull

Yusuke chuckled at Shikajin’s response. It was strange how the pair had suddenly found themselves in the middle of a conversation concerning war, politics, and philosophy after only a few short moments of lounging together.

”Well, I’ll keep my fingers crossed that people start acting rational.” Yusuke said.

Shikajin seemed surprised at Yusuke’s choice of training. He said how uncommon building up defenses was and offered his assistance in helping the Sarutobi. Hinting at the power of his clan and their manipulation of the shadows. Being a Sarutobi, Yusuke was familiar with the concept of the shadow possession technique of the Nara. He had never seen it being used however, and a grin spread across his face at the prospect of facing off against the technique.

”I doubt I’ll be learning the jutsu today, but I can’t pass up the chance to check out the Nara jutsu.” He said as he rose.

He stretched slightly, a small cracking sound issuing as he flexed the muscles in his back.

”It would still help me with my defenses. How about you try to capture me, and I try to catch you? That way I can work on building up my defenses while still allowing myself to be offensive.” he suggested.

Insert spoiler

Speech Text