Arimura Kasumi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
age 55 years old birthday 12/28 rank Snake Sage occupation
template by punki of adoxography
my heart beats in patters to a broken sound
i'm a free animal, free animal

And he didn't even appreciate her demonstration! Her tongue wiggled just like a snakes and all it received was a semi-disgusted look from the lad. Kasumi, sensing he wasn't at all impressed, rolled in her tongue and eyed him up as he stood. Her hands were crossed over her arms again and she was standing on her side, much like a huffing child. 

But the tempo of Mairusu's voice changed and Kasumi tilted her head as he worked up the courage to ask what he wanted. To be her apprentice? What was she? A genie in a lamp?! Find the Sage and ask a wish? New pair of booties, bing bang boom? Nu-uh! 

He hadn't even introduced himself, as far as she knew he was a little urchin boy wandering the forest gaping like a fish! The woman rapped her fingers against her arm in thought, watching as Mairusu fidgeted in nervousness. Had he really come all the way out here to demand her tutelage? His nerves told her that this meant a great deal to him. So red eyes would weigh him up with conviction. 

There'd be no joke in her voice this time. 

"Do you understand what it is you ask, little fish? Or do you presuppose that you are entitled to be trained? Do you expect me to teach you how to bend a mountain to your will? That you could even begin to understand what it is to be a Sage?" 

Aika has written 82 posts
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 1, 2020 11:05:47 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

He hadn't expected a quick answer, no not in the least, but even with that in mind the wait was agonizing. Even if their initial interaction hadn't been so.. unique there'd probably still be doubt swirling about the boy. What would he do should she say no? Ask again? Probably. Mairusu knew nothing about this woman aside from her wanting to hear jokes and while he would have much preferred to avoid going that route to get what he wanted if that's what it took...

Besides, she wasn't like any person he had ever encountered before, something was off, and that probably meant that normal means of bargaining wouldn't work. What did a woman who lived in the woods with birds in her hair even like? Granted, he didn't have much in the way of stuff to offer outside of dedication and a plucky smile, but hey, maybe they'd be able to come to an agreement.

The Sage would respond but instead of a yes or no it was a series of questions. Did Mairusu truly know the ins and outs of one who was in tune with nature or had he just been consumed with rumors of their power and coveted it for himself? Was he under the preconceived notion that the Sage was just supposed to take him under her scaly wings and impart upon him knowledge of the ancients simply because he managed to find her all the way out here in the forest?

His face would twist into one of contemplation. It had been a lot of questions back to back, some more confusing to work through than others, but Mairusu thought he got the gist of them. Feeling entitled to to training or abilities was the furthest thing from his mind, he'd seen that almost exclusively in clans and was not a fan of them for it. Sure they may have been fortunate to be born with special eyes or mixed chakra natures but it didn't give them the right to think that they were the best thing since sliced bread. It annoyed him to no end.

"No I don't really get it but I'm more than willing to learn. I wasn't born with anything unique or special in my blood so I know it won't be easy but it's something I've wanted to do since before I graduated the academy. I'm just looking for a purpose..." He'd reply, eyes unwavering from the Sage's own.

WORDS ● ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 207 posts
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 6, 2020 16:38:41 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
Mairusu's attitude seemed to shift in the moment after the question was asked. Seemingly she had hit a sore spot. But that was fine. Kasumi had had enough of children demanding her tutelage because they felt they were owed it. It was a nice change of pace to see someone allow destiny to find them, rather than forcing it upon themselves. 

Kasumi rolled her fingers against the black satin cloth of her robe thoughtfully. 

"He who has a why to live can bear any storm," Kasumi mused, watching Mairusu carefully. 

In the end she'd seem to decide something in her head, before turning on her heel and walking across the clearing towards the thickest part of the forest. She'd call over her shoulder, wiggling a finger at Mairusu to follow as she walked. 

"Keep up, fish child, or you'll get lost again. Step where I step, or your feet with be lost too. This time I will not help you out." 

It wasn't a threat, but if Mairusu was to surmount the trials of a Sage Apprentice to be a Sage? Well... the first thing he had to learn was how to navigate even the harshest and thickest of Konoha's forests. As they walked he'd find it infinitely harder, Kasumi seemed to know precisely where to step to avoid walking into the increasingly thick trees and brambles. The odd twig caught at her robe but she seemed to not mind nor stumble to fix it. Her foot steps were true to aim and she'd not falter. He'd have to follow exactly as she did or he'd risk walking on unstable ground.

Soon the air would become even more oppressive. The closeness of the trees and the heaviness around the area was not natural, at least, not to the untrained child. Breathing would be heavy and the light from the sun would be drowned out with how heavy and wild the woods were around them. Kasumi didn't seem to mind though and she'd walk without saying a word to Mairusu. 

Eventually they'd get to a point where there seemed to be no way forth, thorns as big as an arm and easily able to pierce through someone not looking the right way. But Kasumi would suddenly side step to the right and disappear from view. If he followed her fresh tracks promptly he'd catch up, and when he did he'd step into a clearing. 

No birds chirped in the clearing, the sound of wildlife had all but died. No wind, either, and the air was still oppressive. But in the centre of the clearing would be the reason why: dotted across the moderate space, where no sun hit, were a dozen statues - if not more if one counted them all - grey and pure stone. Various people, male and female, different ages and different expressions, some pained, some surprised. Kasumi would wander into the clearing, her red eyes turning to look back at Mairusu. 

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 6, 2020 18:14:04 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The boy waited as patiently as he could for a response and... it wasn't exactly the one he was expecting. He actually had no idea what the hell the lady was talking about and the confused look on his face was a tell tell sign of that. However, she hadn't denied him the opportunity so that was good, right? Granted, she hadn't said yes either but at least his hopes hadn't been shot down immediately. He'd watch the woman contemplate for a moment before turning around and beginning to walk. Ah shit, was this the end? Had his reasoning not been enough? Was he going to have to beg?

It seemed not.

A lone finger would beckon Mairusu to follow, and that he did, sticking a couple feet behind the woman and nodding as she directed him to follow in her exact footsteps. The last thing he wanted to do was get stuck in another bush full of thorns, especially if there was not going to be anyone to help him out of them this time around. Keeping up with the woman was a harder task than it looked. Her steps were quick yet masterful like she knew the forest as well as the back of her hand, or the bird nesting in her hood.

Mairusu found himself twisting and turning to hit the steps Kasumi did and though he didn't think it should have been all that tough the sweat forming on his forehead and the heaviness in his breath said otherwise. It almost felt like he was climbing the path up to the Hokage monument again but where that journey allowed for stops this one did not, less the boy risk losing track of the woman. The woman had not said a word during the journey and for the most part the boy didn't really notice as his focus was on stepping where she had stepped and a part of him was thankful for the lack of distraction.

After what seemed like an eternity the two would finally arrive at a clearing. No thicket of trees or thorns the size of a small cow in their way just... statues? Mairusu would step a bit more into the clearing to get a better look at them and they definitely looked to be carvings of people, but who would leave a bunch of these in the middle of the forest? The expressions on their faces was less than pleasant, too. Like they were scared or something. Weird.

"Umm, what's up with all these creepy looking statues?" He would ask the woman.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 7, 2020 6:20:09 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
It seemed that the boy needed a little bit more explanation that what Inari had. Where Inari had been immediately humbled by what she felt through her chakra, Mairusu seemed a little more... baffled. Perhaps Inari was just more sensitive? Women often were. Maybe this lad, who had still yet to identify himself, was just touched in the head slightly. 

Kasumi skirted around the clearing, leaving Mairusu to explore at his own will. She'd watch him through curious red reptilian eyes, as he asked what was going on. Were they creepy statues? Maybe. But it wasn't all they were. 

"Do you understand what you ask when you ask to be taught by a Sage? You seek purpose and power, but do you know what cost that may take from you?" 

The woman was far beyond the image of the mischievous punk who had allowed Mairusu to walk into the thorns. Still odd, but definitely not as air headed as she had been earlier. 

"Natural chakra governs all chakra. It is pure and ancient in form. To master it is to master nature itself. But doing so requires great will and concentration. Many have walked the path you wish to attempt and they are etched in stone in front of you. Everyone of these statues were once alive and willing, like you. Some are your age. Others older. Some have been here since before my Master was a Sage. They are forgotten memories and warnings to those who wish to take the path."

Her voice wasn't warm as it had been, matter of fact even, as if she'd told this caution a thousand times before. 

"Failure is not an option. Doubt is not an option. If this is a path you wish to take, then you very possibly could die. Your body will become another forgotten memory and you will spend the rest of eternity here. Do you understand that risk, child of the Leaf?"

She was quite simply telling him: it was a life or death decision and even with the best of intentions, he still could have very much died. 

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 7, 2020 10:06:07 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Mairusu felt a strange twinge of embarrassment in not knowing the purpose of the statues. They probably weren't just creepy decorations given the woman's questioning but he couldn't quite put his finger on what they had to do with being a Sage. It was true that the boy didn't know an absolute ton about what it took to harness the raw power of nature --or the risks associated with it-- but he did know that they were powerful and had abilities that seemed other worldly.

He would listen as the woman explained that the statues had been at some point actual, living people; a fact that caused the boy to take a harder look at the stone people whose expressions of pain, shock, and surprise were now coming in loud and clear. These people had bene turned to stone alive? While training to become a sage? There were so many questions running through the boys head and everywhere he looked there were only statues; pained screams frozen in eternity. "Wait.. these are all... people?" The boy would ask more so saying it aloud to confirm it to himself rather than asking for clarification. He knew the training would be tough, probably tougher than he could ever imagine but no one had ever told him that there was a chance he could be turned into a statue!

Kasumi would ask if he was still willing to take the risk and there would be no answer, the boy deep in thought concerning his next steps in life. If someone, anyone, had told him there was a chance he'd die in this type of training maybe he wouldn't have forgone joining a normal team. Granted, there was still a risk there but it had to be considerably smaller and he was sure it wouldn't involve possibly turning into a stone statue. He would look once more to the statues, their pained expressions offering a silent yet loud warning. He could turn back now, return to the village and get put on a team to avoid this fate.

It would all be so easy...

No. He had come too far to quit before even beginning and going back to the village empty handed would only serve to make him the laughing stock amongst his peers. He'd give himself a couple wake up pats to snap him out of the mindset of even thinking about quitting. A deep breath, eyes locking towards Kasumi's weird red ones. "I understand. If that's how I go then so be it, but I'm not quitting." Mairusu would reply. Of course he didn't want to end up as a statue and the thought was still scary but he wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to finally achieve his dream.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 16, 2020 11:13:17 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
The epiphany in Mairusu seemed to change how he was viewing the small clearing. His face turned from interested to horrified and then a little perturbed. That was good. It meant he was reflective of the situation, he held at least a little bit of morality within him to understand that the passing of life was not just an idle thought. It was very much real and when one began to show their affinity to senjutsu and nature itself, life and death became one. 

There was a long silence following her warning, her red reptilian eyes never left Mairusu's face. She noted a flicker of doubt as he weighed up what it meant to follow the path to being a Sage. But she would say nothing. Whatever internal war he was waging he would have to solve it himself. Any flicker of doubt later down the line would result in his stone-y fate and that was something he would very likely want to avoid. 

Eventually he would speak, reaffirming his decision and Kasumi would nod to him in understanding. 

"Sit," she'd instruct, motioning to a place just in front of a statue of an anguished looking teenager. If he did so, she'd walk to him and sit down beside him. 

"All practitioners of senjutsu - what a Sage uses - must have a natural inclination to it," she'd explain, rolling up her dark robes and revealing blue tinted skin etched with darker blue tattoos. They'd glow just a little, a revelation of the chakra flowing through her body. 

"Those that are willing don't necessarily have the skill to master senjutsu. Those that have the skill do not always have the will. Very few in this world have the capability. Take my hand," she'd offer him her thin hand, etched too with tattoos at the centre of the palm. Beneath the dirt of the forest on her hands a tattoo would pulsate dimly. 

If he took her hand, they'd be holding hands in front of the statue with Mairusu's hand facing down and her palm facing up wards just near their chins. 

"These statues once were like you. The boy before you once was an apprentice of mine," her voice, surprisingly, was not tinged with regret but simple fact. 

"Within each of these statues lies their residual chakra, the echo of a presence of those that came before you. Close your eyes. Reach out with your other hand and touch the statue. I will grant you a whisper of my own chakra. With it you will be able to reach out to feel the statue, of their last breath."

What she didn't explain was that, if he was not suited - did not have what it took to master senjutsu - his body would be overridden with the burning chakra coursing through his veins and he too would turn to stone. If he did manage to control the small portion he gave her, he'd feel the rawness of energy burning through his veins but after a small while that burn would turn into the likeness of nature itself. A passing between the veil of what most humans could do and what a Sage could do. Reaching out further was the next step, once he had understood what natural chakra felt like, to feel the last living second of the statue before him. Beyond the stone gaze of anguish, beyond the lifelessness of the statue, would be the last breath of the apprentice before him: pure horror mixed with the heavy presence of nature itself. 

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 17, 2020 23:04:12 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Whether the boy's determination was believable enough for both himself and Kasumi was still out to the jury but Mairusu wanted to continue and the woman would oblige his request. He took a seat in front of one of the statues and listened to the Sage explain how those who wanted to learn the sage arts needed to have some kind of feel for it. Unlike the traditional ninja arts that pretty much anyone could learn it sounded like senjutsu was a bit more finicky, which made sense considering that failing at it would turn one to stone. However, as the boy took note of Kasumi's tattoos slightly glowing it became clear that if he could get a handle on it great power would be at his command.

There was still cause to be apprehensive about what was to come next as Mairusu sat under the shadow of one of the statues but pulling back now would probably draw the ire of the woman. This was the first step into a new world, or rather, a preliminary one to see if training was even possible, but it was nerve wracking nonetheless. The genin would place his hand within the woman's blue and oddly dry hands; guess there wasn't a huge supply of lotion in the middle of the forest.

It was a bit unnerving to hear that they were sitting next to one of the Sage's former apprentices who was stuck like this forever. Had she even contacted his family? Did his friends ever wonder why their buddy never came back? He was assuming a lot but the principle was the same for all the statues in the clearing: were they destined to be forgotten once they failed their training? Would anyone come looking for him should the worst happen?

Mairusu would nod at the woman's instructions before closing his eyes and using his other hand to reach out and touch the statue. For a moment there was nothing but then... it felt like the very blood coursing in his veins was boiling, his entire body going hot as a force that was nigh indescribable flooded his form. "HNNNH" He could feel everything at once: each blade of grass under his feet, every leaf hanging on the branch of a tree, every animal that called this forest home. It was all so much, too much. Labored breathing and and anxiety were flooding through him but... it wasn't him. Where was it coming from?

The statue.

Mairusu tried his hardest to focus on the statue and with it the final moments of the former apprentice. He could feel the fear and confusion the boy felt as his very form was turning to stone. He wanted to scream but as his vocal cords petrified there was only one, long depressing exhale. This perhaps was a fate worse than death: to become one with nature in the worst way imaginable. "H-He... was so scared and confused. So much fear and anxiety, he couldn't even scream." The boy would speak, doing what he could to put his visions in words while bearing through the ferocious energy coursing through his body.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 20, 2020 9:48:22 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
Kasumi had been there when the boy in front of Mairusu had breathed his last and had turned to stone. She had been stood not far from where she was sat now. Watching and allowing nature to do what it had to. There were few who could answer the call of nature and not succumb to its extreme power. She had not pitied the lad. He had had the same warning Mairusu had received. He had accepted his fate, even if his face was etched with pain and horror. 

Nature was cruel. And those who were its Guardian had to be equally as cruel at times. 

As Mairusu experienced what the apprentice before him had gone through, Kasumi removed her hand from him, allowing him to ride out the storm on his own. Her red eyes watched him carefully but said nothing until he had spoken. 

"As a Sage you do not owe fealty to a country. You hold no loyalties to those who would rule. You answer only to nature. You must be totally accepting of that. Nature will be here long after our bodies turn to dust and will remain ever present. It does not age, it does not grow weak. But it cannot act of its own accord, that is why there are Sages. That is why there are the legendary Sennin who remain faceless to the world around you. Loyalty to the Leaf? It is not loyalty I hold to them, it is a symbiosis. Niko full well knows, as did all Hokage before, that the Snake Sage holds only as much respect for them as they do for nature."

"If you cannot master the call then you accept the fate that befalls you. This boy accepted his fate, even if it terrified him. We can bend the world with our fingertips, but only as a protector of the natural order can we achieve it."

Her tone had taken a much sterner sound since Mairusu had agreed to take his first step on the path, no longer was she a ditsy hermit - on matters of nature the woman was a master and an ancient one at that.

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 21, 2020 11:48:45 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Though it was only a small amount of chakra that Kasumi had gifted to the boy it was nearly overwhelming for the young genin and it truly felt like his entire body was on fire yet... didn't burn. There was heat, there was the sensation but it didn't consume him in body or mind. Being able to feel and hear all of nature moving around him was a lot but Mairusu knew he could handle it, as anything less would lead to a fate similar to the former apprentice encased in stone standing above him. His literal life depended on mastering this training and even though experiencing the last moments of the boy were terrifying it was but a lesson.

Hearing the Sage speak would begin to pull the boy back from his trip, for back of a better term, but they were the last words he expected to hear. There would be no more loyalty to Konoha? How did that even make sense? It was his home, all he had known. Years of studying and lessons to become a shinobi of the Leaf and now that was supposed to just mean nothing? What would she have him do if conflict arose? Would he have to stay here protecting the trees and squirrels instead of fighting alongside his fellow shinobi? But... she was right. Nature held no allegiance to a particular village, no specific Kage, clan, or individual. It existed everywhere with no care about country or village borders; and the Sages were tasked with protecting it. With no nature there could be no life.

It wasn't the easiest thing to accept, in fact it went against a lot of what the genin had been taught in his young life but it was balance personified. One could not expect to be able to harness the power of nature without giving something in return and in this case it was their fealty to protecting the very thing they sought to control. He didn't like it but it was a sacrifice that was going to have to be made if he wanted to continue his training. There were so many obstacles to overcome and he hadn't even really started his training yet.

"I.. I understand. Having to choose against my friends and the village is weird but none of us would even be here without nature, so if that's what I gotta do then so be it." The genin would reply, eyes still closed and hand still touching the statue as Kasumi's chakra still coursed through him. Would he have to agree to all of these conditions while still dealing with the feeling of nature trying its hardest to turn him into a statue or was there an end in sight? Oh how he hoped for the latter.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 25, 2020 18:04:53 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
There would always be the issue of love of another over loyalty over nature. Kasumi had had the same struggle once upon a time. Though she had never been raised in a Village, so perhaps she didn't truly understand what it was to have divided loyalties. 

Curious but intense reds would look down at Mairusu. 

"Life is a hard path, child, but it is one you need to be ready to accept. I do not ask you to part ways with your peers and friends, Konohagakure has always been one with the way the Snake Sennin works. But there may very well come a time where you peers are ordered to defy the law of nature to serve the selfish. I am not asking you to cut them down where they stand, though you would have the power at your fingertips to do so. A good Sage can see reason and logic in times of hate and unwant." 

Sympathetic reds would look to the statue Mairusu sat in front of. 

"But to answer a calling such as this you must be rid of distractions, stalwart in your duty and never to be doubting of it. Doubt is a Sage's greatest weakness. You must learn to love, but never be in love. You must learn to offer kinship, but never wholly. There is a reason Sages are hard to find and even more obscure to see. We walk a solemn path between mankind and nature and connect the two intrinsically. Not many have the ability to understand and accept that, but accepting it now and changing your mind later will only leave you with the same pained expression as the lad before you."

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]May 30, 2020 8:44:47 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Be it his own ignorance or just no one he talked to knowing that Sages had to lessen their connection to the material world there was definitely a bit of hesitancy. Harsh training was expected, having to change up his routine a bit was expected --he'd definitely have to leave the house a lot earlier in the morning if this is where Kasumi was going to hold their sessions-- and since adaptation was a big part of shinobi staying alive these were all things the genin was willing to concede for the opportunity to train in the sage arts. But to hear that he'd have to lean on the side of nature if ever a situation arose that those he knew had intentions to harm it? Wild. Quite a few scenarios raced through Mairusu's head that would have fallen under the umbrella of Kasumi's words and he could only imagine how crazy he would have sounded trying to tell teammates to respect nature while in the middle of a mission or somethin'.

Then came another piece of wisdom: he couldn't fall in love. Granted, as a kid it really wasn't something he was thinking about at all; girls weren't as icky to him as they used to be but he wasn't anywhere near that stage in his life. But what if he ended up meeting that special someone one day and couldn't commit because of having to focus solely on nature? Love was natural, no? Every two seconds came with a new set of rules and the boy already knew it was going to be a pain in the ass trying to keep up with them all.

Alas, powers like these often came with great cost and though these in particular were a bit on the strange side they oddly seemed to fit the person who was listing them off. Mairusu wondered for a moment if he'd end up as strange as Kasumi one day, a chill running down his spine at the thought of walking around the forest shoeless with woodland creatures nesting in his clothes. "Gotta always focus on nature, I got it. It's weird but.... I got it." The boy would reply, eyes still closed as sweat began to roll of his forehead from the powerful chakra that was still coursing through his system. He could still hear... feel the last moments of the now statued apprentice all while trying to focus on Kasumi's words and to say it was a taxing task was an understatement.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]Sept 6, 2020 15:25:55 GMT -5
Arimura Kasumi
Arimura Kasumi Avatar
groupnull
The boy seemed to agree and understand. But could a teenager ever really understand or accept what it meant to never be tied down? She doubted it, but it was a decision she had to entrust to him. For it would not be her that would turn to stone in the unfortunate event that he was distracted. And she'd be disappointed, but not saddened by his passing. There were many in the garden now who had done the same thing, taken the same steps. A life passing was always a disappointment, but it was the way of the world. 

Kasumi would tilt her head to the side, contemplating the lad. She'd look a little younger in the filtered sunlight, her red eyes staring over the boy for a second. It was a lot of information to absorb, this she knew. And he had accepted it because he'd had a proclivity to tap into natural chakra and had liked what he had tasted. Whether he fully understood the terms and conditions remained to be seen, she wasn't entirely sure he understood how his loyalty would be tested. A war to Konoha between two Daimyo? Not their problem. A war that destroyed the lands and threatened the very fabric of nature? Definitely their problem. 

He'd be away from his family. Friends. Sensei. There'd be a totally different calling and a totally new way of life. 

This he knew and this he had accepted. For now. 

"There is another of your Village, a girl, who has also shown the proclivity towards natural chakra. You two are to train together where possible - but know that only one of you will ever succeed me. She is not your rival, though one day she might be. In three days' time, you are to find your way to my home in the forest. Noon. There your training will begin." 

Snake Skin Wallet [Kasumi]Oct 29, 2020 12:05:43 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

It was a bit strange to hear that there was someone else who would be training alongside him given how secretive and what not the Sage's were, or better yet how rare it was for one to be able to harness the power of nature yet there was another walking around with the same proclivity. The world was a big place so it only made sense that there wouldn't be just a single person with the ability, and who knew, maybe having another person to hone their skills with (and against) would make them better for it. Though the boy was literally connected to a prime example of what would happen should proper training not be given his desire to show results was burning. After all, he couldn't let Kazui catch up to him less he never hear the end of it.

Kasumi was light on the details of just who this other person was that would be training with him but he figured that she'd also be showing up to the Sage's home in three days time as well, so introductions could wait until then. For now, however, the boy wondered just how much longer he was going to have to keep touching the statue and also how long it would be until the small sliver of power the Sage had given him wore off. Both his body and mind felt like they had been through an intense workout and for the most part Mairusu hadn't moved more than inch or two in the last few minutes.

"Three days... got it. I-I guess I'll meet this mystery girl there, too." The boy replied, more so answering his own question aloud than actually asking, though if the two were to meet before then than a little heads up would go a long way. He did, however, notice that Kasumi didn't actually give any kind of directions to her home which sounded like another blind walk through the thick forests of Hi no Kuni. Well, he had found her once so looking for a house.. er, hut.. er, whatever she lived in couldn't be that much harder.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style