Befriending fire [Kazuto]

compose a reply
Befriending fire [Kazuto]May 25, 2020 16:52:52 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

"Do not worry." The Senju told her reassuringly. "It's good to always make questions. The more you know the better you shall be prepared for whatever comes your way." It was a truth that he held close to his heart. He was certain that it was the best way to operate, those that didn't ask questions then couldn't complain when a plan went awry and didn't argue against something that was clearly flawed. A good commander needed to ask if the choices he had taken were the correct ones and a good follower didn't need to act as a yes man to their commander. It was all mean to find a balance he supposed.

"But as for your questions." He said calmly, scratching his chin. "It can be both I suppose. A person or a place. The village is a good place to start. Honor your village as you fight for it. Honor your clan while at it. Fight for that person you love. These are good reasons." He told Shun, after all these were the truths that he held to his heart. To say that he didn't fight to return for Miho, to make her smile, to make his country and village safer. "But as for your other question." He said in a murmur.

"I believe that greed is a motivator, but it is a week one."] He confided to the girl. He remembered one of the lessons that he had endured after his father had recognized him as his son, after he had began the instruction of the history of the Senju Clan and he quietly mused where did the myth stopped and reality began, but in the a mounds of aged wisdom in the forms of dusty books and ancient parchments he had found words of one of his ancestors that resonated within him in a way that the words of his elders didn't. "The shinobi who acts out of honor cannot fail. His duty is honor itself. Even his death, if it is honorable, is a reward and can be no failure, for it has come through duty. Seek honor as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear." He recited before he looked at her. "So wrote an ancestor of mine. And I believe that the more honorable the cause the harder you will fight for it. Well it is my opinion."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,169 posts
Befriending fire [Kazuto]May 28, 2020 6:34:13 GMT -5
Nara Shun
Do what you want but understand why you're doing it.
Nara Shun Avatar
groupnull
age 12 years old birthday March 12th rank Academy Student occupation Student

NARA SHUN CHRONICLES
IV - IX

-  t h e  t a l e  o f  -

B E F R I E N D I N G  F I R E

It was interesting to listen to Kazuto. It certainly made sense. Shun felt like she was learning constantly. The girl nodded along as she listened and gazed up at the man next to her. It was a lot to think about.

”A weak reason… I see” she would think to herself while listening. It could be possible that being consumed by greed would be a shallow reason and thus with weaker resolve. Maybe, it was through the bonds with others that such a reason become stronger? Shun would have to go through life and see for herself.

”Maybe it’s not so difficult after all. I can just start with the village. And then the clan. That’s already two reasons…” She pondered after listening to the citation. The young Nara hadn’t really thought about honor before. Shun had gone through life worried about the next new thing and dreaming about seeing the world. She didn’t have the strong sense of honor and glory that some did – then again, she hadn’t been confronted in a way where it mattered yet.

”Even death can be honorable. Would that help, I wonder… When I think of death I think of being scared. Do you think believing that it’s honorable would make people less scared?... Hmmm… I guess some purpose would make it a little less scary.” She thought out loud while looking over the water. She watched a couple leaves slowly float by.

Wind was slowly picking up and a breeze started to play with Shun’s hair. It was also then that she was reminded she should get home and change clothes before training again. There was still plenty to do.

”I have to get going. I’m still a bit wet from the tumble into the water and I have to train. I’ll take your advice and won’t try to blow myself up while I still work on the basic jutsu, haha.”
The girl laughed and moved to get up back on her feet.

”It was good to meet you, Kazuto-san!”
Shun gave with a bow towards the sitting man and then took a couple steps back to pick up her book.

”Maybe next time you can teach me a shinobi skill?”

Tag:
Shun: 496b36

odango has written 136 posts
Befriending fire [Kazuto]Jun 1, 2020 22:36:24 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

"Yes. True, but I like to believe that what my ancestor said had other meaning." He would tell her. Fear was a natural state of the human mind, everyone suffered it, even he did when he was faced with the uncertainty of combat. "I think his words meant that we should act boldly and bravely even when we are invaded by fear. We honor ourselves by doing that." Well, that was what he interpreted, but it was far better to believe that than to consider that fear was something that a shinobi had to purge at all costs, after all how could you fight with greater resolve when you didn't fear to lose your life?

Soon enough the girl announced that she would take her leave. With a nod, the Senju would raise to his feet as the girl made her goodbyes and grand her a respectful nod before he would speak as well. "It was nice to meet you too, Shun." Kazuto said at first. "I sincerely hope that my words have helped you." He finally said as he watched her leave and then returned to his gather his own belongings before he decided to return to his home. It was rather refreshing to meet young members of the village that seemed to have a bright future if they went by their want to learn more about what being a shinobi truly was.

Taking his first steps towards home, he would look back at the stream and then nod to himself, leaving for home, content that he had helped nourish the loyalty of a youngling to the village, and that as ever, new shinobi were ready to take their own positions in the defense of the village, as it should be and as it always would be. Until the extinction of stars themselves.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,169 posts