Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]

compose a reply
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 4, 2020 22:53:25 GMT -5
Han
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age 31 years old birthday January 30th rank occupation

"W-Wow..." The boy responded in hushed awe. The land of the samurai. That had to have been far more cool and more interesting than Konohagakure. That was not to say that Konoha did not have its merits. But living here ones whole life well it wasn't quite as cool as being part of another land and transitioning. Jino's ancestors came from nowhere, from his understanding. He was nothing special and was hoping to become something special with taijutsu skill. But so far he was a nothing when it came to that very taijutsu skill.

The boy paused his practice noticing that Miho was going into something else, he didn't say anything just wondered if he was supposed to mimic her again or if he was supposed to continue as he had before. He hoped he could try something new though as repeating the same thing over and over again rarely became fruitful without little breaks in between.

"Y-You're a medic t-too?" He gasped, looking at the girl with wonder as if he had found someone more amazing than the whole world itself. Miho was so full of intrigues.

"What's tha-that like? D-D-Do you work at the h-h-hospital?" He exhaled.

Han has written 492 posts
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 5, 2020 9:32:37 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
burning leaves

Realizing that perhaps it was pretty cool to have a dual background, she'd quickly realize that she had also left the youth a bit at a lose, having actually gone into her own head and begun a new set of moves without even considering she was supposed to be showing him.

Rubbing the back of her head, she'd hold a sheepish smile on her face, shaking it slowly before tilting it to the side.

"It really isn't anything that special...being a medic is...just like most roles within the village..."

Crossing her arms, she'd then nod in acceptance to his question, continuing to speak as she began to explain.

"I do work within the hospital. But there are times in which I also have to work in the field. So far, I have been to two different sites close to the village, and I have had one mission which took me and a team to Kaze no kuni…"

That truly had been an experience in and of itself. Though being part of a group that helped to cure a viral spread from possibly overtaking a nation was a major feat.

Allowing her smile to return, she'd continue to explain.

"It's a big responsibility, but its more than worth it..."

tag || || notes || here ||
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 5, 2020 11:48:45 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

"No-no! I-it's very cool!" The boy insisted still with a reddish face and bright eyes of awe. Hearing that she had been to Kaze no Kuni he exhaled, his mouth dropping open a little bit, he leaned forward. He must have struck a gold mine as far as 'cool' went. Jino found very odd things to be cool. Or perhaps normal things struck him as cool? It was hard to tell, as he was one who found anyone with a distinct lineage to be quite amazing and the girl coming from the samurai was a candidate.

"I-I-..I bet it is." By now Miho might have noticed that his speech was severely interrupted speaking with a rather detracting stutter. Those that were used to it did not notice it, but Jino had met his fair share of bullying for it and had thus lost most of his confidence, thinking that his stutter would most certainly not allow him to be strong as a shinobi.

"O-Okay s-so what's the next e-exercise?" He asked hoping to continue though wondering if Miho would make him go back to the first skill until it was perfect, he had teachers who would do that before though as one could tell it was rarely ever effective.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 6, 2020 8:56:45 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
burning leaves

Though at first Miho had suspected that the mild bit of stuttering had come from his nervousness in doing this, it appeared that perhaps this was more habitual to perhaps even being a speech pattern. While some would be bothered by such mild repetition, the young woman had more than gotten used to it. Of course, she did remind herself to look into possible means in which to help if he wished it.

For now, it seemed that he was waiting to see what the next exercise would be, prompting Miho to then nod as she placed herself within a straightened posture.

"Okay, this time we're going to focus on the extension of the leg. So make sure that you have a good balance and center of gravity. From there, you will raise one leg, drawing it as close to your chest as possible and then extend it outward as far as you can go.."

Saying this, Miho would display it act herself, twisting her frame slightly as she began to reel in her lower limb, allowing the knee to bend upward and close to her chest. From there, she would push out with it, still holding onto her balance as she looked back toward Jino with a smile.

"I'm right here to do it with you as well..."

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 6, 2020 10:43:24 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

The boy smiled gently, for the first time since they had met up, his blush becoming less intense for a moment and then Jino nodded. Easy enough! Kind of... Maybe not? He wasn't sure yet, but he would center himself much like before and start the exercise. Reeling back and extending from his lower abdomen slowly until it was fully extended. Unfortunately, as he extended further out he would also put his center of balance there, and end up falling forward with his legs apart. Almost in a split but not quite, he would catch himself with his hand's elbows landing against the ground a bit painfully. Tears came to his gaze and he pouted to himself, trying to hide the tears before he would stand and turn away from Miho to wipe them away.

Then he turned back to Miho, blush resurging as he looked at her.

"T-Try a-again?" He asked quietly, his voice quivering now not with the stutter but with the pain he felt in his limbs too. Admittedly aside from his stutter and lack of confidence, he was also a bit of a cry baby. Which wasn't entirely surprising to note with the way he acted.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 8:11:58 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Everyone fell...

The fact that we did fall was how we learned to rise back up and continue or to give up. Seeing Jino stumble wasn't surprising. But, in his question of if he should try again, Miho would nod as she continued to smile at him.

"Yup...You can do it...Remember...breath and then extend out..."

Extending her hand down to help him rise up to his feet, she'd inspect him briefly of any serious injury. Aside from some bruises, he appeared to be fine. Perhaps a bit frustrated at his slip, but fine.

In that, Miho would once again take up her position, waiting for him to do the same as she repeated her movement one more time, slowly extending her foot out before gently allowing it to fall back to the ground as she stepped forward. These were the foundations of Taijutsu. It wasn't fancy, but it was what would lead into those things. Some would think that you just naturally were capable of running through thousands of individuals, but it was hardly the case.

Even Miho's strength came from study and intensive work with control of her chakra. But even then, she wasn't willing to let it discourage her from proceed with her own physical needs. That included training like this, where even the fundamentals had value. If she was able to at least pass that on at the end of this, and perhaps even build up someone's confidence, than she'd feel pretty good all around.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 12:41:46 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Breathe and then extend. Jino nodded gently and then went to stand next to Miho once again attempting to mirror her moves. This time he would breathe more and move a lot slower, tightening his core and focusing hard. He was still shakey, his confidence needed a lot of work but it seemed that being around Miho had a bit of a soothing effect on the boy, as he was able to work his way through this a lot faster than he had before at the beginning of all this. His heart was beating less rapidly and aggressively, he was moving gently, and quivering only occasionally.

His leg would extend and he would waver momentarily, but re-focus, breathing in and then out. Tightening his core and finally he was able to extend all the way before placing his foot down. The blush returned to his cheeks immediately, not because he was embarrassed but because he thought he might cry from how happy he was at his own success. He would squat down, heels firmly planted against the ground as he buried his face into his knees and arms.

"Ah! Miho-senpai! I'm so happy!" He announced finally, his body curling further into itself as if he might disappear.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 14:58:33 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

For a moment, Miho was worried when the boy fell to his knees, tears in his eyes as he appeared to be upset. It was a strange thing, considering that he had managed to do the technique. It wasn't a failed attempt at all. Though, as he began to speak, her look of concern was replaced with a smile as she knelt down and placed one hand upon his back, patting him lightly.

"That was really good Jino! I'm very proud of you..."

She was in fact very happy for him at that moment. It was always wonderful to achieve something that was very difficult at first. Though at this point, she believed it was more implied to state that this was a good start to something great. There was still much that the youth had to learn, and granted, she wouldn't be able to teach him all of it in one day. But, she had pointed him in the right direction. The rest would be up to him to continue to work at it, but not to the point of stress.

"I think you have a great start now..."

Rising back up to her feet, she'd look down at him as she extended her hand down to help him up.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 15:58:05 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino appreciated the physical assurance that he had done well and that there was nothing to cry about, but his natural reaction was to cry anyway. He was always so emotional, that was one of the things that his father really chastised him for. He wasn't like a 'true man' or something like that. But Jino simply could not help it, he cried at a moment's notice whether he was happy, sad or angry. Anything could trigger him into tears. But Miho had noticed he wasn't crying from sadness so at least he wouldn't have to explain himself, as he often did with many others.

Eventually, he noted her presence to have risen again and he would slowly peek to look at Miho. Noticing that she was extending her hand for him to take, he would do so tenderly pushing himself to stand and he looked over Miho. She said that he had a great start to taijutsu, but he wasn't so sure. How was she so sure in his ability to perform when he was not even as confident in himself.

"H-How do-do you e-e-...even gain confidence like y-you?" He asked breathlessly, wiping away tears from his eye corners.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 16:20:31 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Moment Music

As he rose back up with her aid, he still seemed to be a bit shaky, but he certain was coming around. She thought it was a bit silly for him to be so emotional, but perhaps that just was a sign that he was very in tune with his feelings. Everyone was different...and it was certainly a complete opposite of her fiancé. Who at times could be so unconnected to his own. Or at least, when it came to expressing them physically. Still, she continued to smile as she then heard his question of how he was supposed to gain confidence like she had?

That was indeed a good question, and it really took the young woman a moment to come up with an answer.

Miho had always been an overconfident girl. If anything, she thought that she could literally do anything that she put her mind to, like take over as head of her clan one day and be a samurai. That seemed to shatter completely after the events of her family's death and her own failure as a Sage apprentice. She had been crushed completely and it felt as if there were no real way to rebound from it. But, she found hope in herself..and with the help of others.

"I'd say it comes from believing in yourself...and know that even if you mess up...you can get back up and try again..."

Miho placed her gloved hand upon her heart, patting her chest gently before flashing the boy a grin.

"It isn't always easy...but believing in yourself is the best way to build confidence...because...a lot of times...no one else will..."

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 7, 2020 17:04:48 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

It wasn't exactly what Jino wanted to hear, he wanted to have someone tell him of a miracle cure to his stutter and the bullying he endured as a result of it, and of course as a result of the bullying the horrible self esteem issues. He just had to believe in himself, but was that not just confidence in another way? Wrapped up ever so slightly to appear as a different type of thing? He couldn't tell, all he knew was that he was not as confident or prone to believing in himself. He wanted to be though, getting up and trying again over and over again... Waking up sometimes was the same thing for the boy. He let out a soft sigh, finishing off rubbing at his eyes that were now a little red.

"I f-f-feel l-like n-n-no matter h-h-how much I t-t-try I always f-feel the s-s-same.." He managed to stutter out putting a hand to his forehead as he rubbed at it, it was hard to stand up to bullies that were stronger than you and harder yet to continue ones journey as a shinobi when ones skills were not all that refined. He did his best, but at the end of the day he just wanted someone to tell what to do. Was it breathe and meditate? Did he just need to start thinking differently? Even that was difficult though.

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 8, 2020 8:54:34 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Moment Music

Miho would listen to the youth, her cheerful expression fading as she could see that this would certain need more investigation than just a pep talk. Granted, she could easily pass this off to someone else. She needed to train and aiding this youth through his internal struggles wasn't part of such a ritual. Still, she also knew that she wasn't capable of simply allowing him to leave here without at least talking through this.

"It will take some time...but you'll get there..."

Thinking on the matter, she'd then smile to herself as she held a gentle smile once more.

"How about this? If you can make sure to meet me once every week...we'll continue to work on it..not only that..but you can talk to me about everything and everything that you feel is weighing you down..I'm a pretty good listener..."

Perhaps that would aid in growing his confidence as well. Plus, training him and encourage him to keep going. It wasn't much of an aid in honesty, but perhaps it would be enough. If anything else, she'd be able to ensure that he could express himself more and not feel so sheltered. Much of his feelings had to come from some place of self-loathing and likely teasing due to his stuttering. It was pushing him down and if it continued he might find himself lacking any real sense of control over what it was that he wanted to do because he'd feel like a failure.

"We'll train and talk...and we'll slowly get you there...one step at a time..sounds like a good idea Jino?"

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 8, 2020 16:10:32 GMT -5
Han
Han Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator

Jino had to admit that this was the first time anyone had ever made such a suggestion to him, and looking at Miho he couldn't help but feel secure and a sense of friendship from someone finally. Everyone had been so cruel in the past... Well maybe not everyone, but quite a few most certainly. He was just nice to see someone being so kind finally, to hear, to be right in front of them. He blushed hard, his stomach churning and turning with excitement and joy. He would look down to his feet, shuffle around briefly and then look back to Miho. Blushing profusely, of course, he would nod in agreement.

"S-Sounds good..." He replied breathlessly, looking around now he realized that his dog was gone, which was not good.

"A-Ah! I-..I.. My p-p-pup is g-g-gone! I nee-d-d-d... t-t-to go! B-B-But yes! W-W-We will me-et.. I w-want to!" That was good, very good, he would have someone to train with, and a friend finally. Someone who was going to help him get through his mental rough spots and someone that would make him stronger. For now though, he wasn't sure where his dog had gone and with a quick wave and awkward embracing hug he disappeared into the brush whistling and shouting for the Shiba Inu, maybe Miho could join in the search too... If she so desired.

[exit]

Burning Leaves, Warmth of Spring Training[Training]May 9, 2020 10:20:08 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
burning leaves

Moment Music

Though an agreement had been met, now came the task of seeking out the small pup once more. The boy sudden departure had left Miho with a blank expression, but allowed it to fade with that of her usual smile. In the end, it was something that likely would become habit with her working with the youth from this point on. Still, she had a good feeling about it. As Jino began his search, Miho would soon begin to do the same.

After all, one point of exercise was movement, and she couldn't think of one better means of doing so than a hunt for a energetic puppy. Yet, in the end, while it hadn't been the most productive morning for training, Miho had helped to forge a young man's own path towards self confidence. Something that wasn't a small feat at all. Not only that, but if the two were to be consistent, it would give the medic all the more reason to split up some time in the morning for her sessions with the boy before going to the hospital.

It was a commitment to say the least, but it was acceptable.

"Here girl! Come on...your master worried about you!"

Moving across the training grounds, the orange suited shinobi would aid in the search, her hands resting over her cheeks while crossing the length of the lush green area. She only hoped that the pup hadn't gone far.

-End Thread-