Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]

compose a reply
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Dec 14, 2020 21:54:40 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Don't hunt what you can't kill
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 20 years old birthday August 14 rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 1
Zakku sucked in as much as he could before Arashi yanked the blunt out of his mouth.  He let an irritated grunt but didn't react much else.  He exhaled through his nose as she placed it in the pocket on his jacket.  Ash she mentioned the frame job Zakkus eyes widened.  "Shit."  He muttered and began to think crossing his arms forgetting about his blunt.  'Why would they want to frame us?  Who would want to frame us and for what?'  Rumors began to swirl in Zakkus mind as he tried to single out a solution but every one he latched onto quickly faded away.  He clicked his tongue in frustation.

Mioris epiphany brought more rumors back into his mind.  Then one began to stick out.  "Oh no..."  He dropped his arms as he stared into the distance.  "I think I know what this is about."  Zakkus monotone voice had a trace of foreboding in it as he spoke.  "Years ago me and Arashi saw a troupe of performers.  One of them had taken to using Sand Manipulation like Arashi.  He was using some sort of wrist mounted device to copy her ability."  Zakku rubbed the bridge of his nose as he remembered the day.  "Long Story short she upstaged him and his buddies and him chased us and beat me up while Arashi here saved my bacon."  

Zakku could feel the bearded ladies hand around his throat and the striking of the sand bullets against his leg and stomach.  He started to rub his stomach subconsciously.  "Rumor has it he's back.  I didn't pay much attention to it but now..."  He trailed off thinking rubbing the bridge between his eyes hating himself for making such a stupid error in judgement.  An enemy was within their walls and he couldn't even bring himself to take it seriously.  

"I'll go in the Glory house first.  Miori, Take Arashi and find a second entrance."  Zakku adressed them like he was the Team 3 Leader once again.  Well he was now.  He was officially the Team 3 leader now.  "Try to keep it quiet until you hear me say 'I like it.' Just like when we used to distract Sensei so we could take his Sake."  Zakku would turn to leave and feel his forehead protector smack his leg.  Grabbing it he tied it around his forehead in it's proper place and pulled out a kunai.  He slashed his sleeves and tore them off his jacket with a loud rip.  He tied both ends of his torn off sleeves together and began to wrap them around his hand and let half of it dangle.

'I'm just going to kill the sonovabitch.'  An evil grin began to spread across his face.  'But first I'm gonna let him explain himself.'  He dragged the makeshift rope behind him as he approached the building.  He stopped just before the door and examined it.  The door had moved recently and he could hear shuffling inside.  There was someone in there possibly multiple people.  Zakku placed his foot on the door and flung it open.  The door hit someone and slowly closed as the thud of a body hitting the ground could be heard.  He pushed the door open and found a man holding his bleeding nose on the ground.  "Hey."  Zakku said casually as he stepped over him into the dark building.
Duh Dood has written 541 posts
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Dec 15, 2020 14:47:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications

TAG.

WORDS. 

NOTES.

Miori's reaction to this possible play at setting up Team 3 was reasonable, and even made sense in considering just what the M.O for the team had been over the years. This seemed like an off-handed way of trying to make them look bad and simply get the attention of someone within the higher ranks of the militia to act against them. In truth, there were worst frame-jobs. Though as it appeared that the blonde was ready to rip someone's head off, Zakku appeared to have come up with a different theory all together, one that did somewhat mesh better, but was still a bit of a long shot.

Calling back to years long passed, he'd recount his and Arashi's encounter with a traveling group of performers, one of which had dubbed himself the Conjueror of the Sand. A weak name, and with little truth to the title as it was disproven by Arashi in a less than generous fashion. In the end, after a bit of difficulty, they had managed to stop the group and chase them out of town, their leader being the most injured of the party as Arashi had left him crushed beneath a large mass of sand and with more than a few broken ribs.

In hearing this retelling, Arashi would cup her hand beneath her face, looking over from Miori to Zakku with a calm expression.

"Sengetsu? Yea...I remember...I had run into him a few months back with my sister in dealing with some clan matters. He had been tryin to work out some quick get rich scheme that fell to pieces and he had been taken in to lock up..."

As it appeared that her friend had heard rumors that he was back, the young female would sigh before shaking her head with a closed eyed expression.

"It would make sense that he'd try and make ya look bad...and like ya said...someone did run passed ya at the bathhouse, making it appear like ya had been the one to do the job. Still...why attack the whole group?"

As the brunette would continue to think on this, perhaps the thought hadn't been so far fetched after all. It would certainly add into why these events were so sloppy at best. They had no real agenda and no real foresight into the thinking of the group, aside from what was really common knowledge about the team. But then, there was still the matter of why they would link it all back to Arashi? Her getting her underwear stolen just seemed like a bit of a random act if linked at all to the crime. Best it would do was upset her, and at worst it would just make her look like a fool.

For now, it was best to follow what bread-crumbs they had, and with Zakku stating that he would go on ahead to Glory House, he'd leave Miori and Arashi to seek out a second entrance and to wait upon his signal. With his departure, Arashi would follow Miori's lead as she placed one hand within her pocket as she then looked at her with a blank expression.

"Just out of curiosity...one of your exes didn't happen to be a performer were they? Dark hair...cute smile...high level of confidence to the point that it made ya puke? If so...then I think Zakku is on to somethin....otherwise..we're just dealin with some creep that has a rage boner for you and Zakk...and a really sick crush on me..."

-S.A Used-

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Dec 17, 2020 17:30:10 GMT -5
Kaze has written 2,711 posts
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Jan 9, 2021 18:11:13 GMT -5
Tachibana Miori
Tachibana Miori Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 24 years old birthday 01-01 rank Genin occupation
Are you kidding? What Heist were you watching?
Did you notice that he threw you in the garbage? I stopped the van. The remote control was in my hand!

Hearing Zakku’s explanation may have only been partially followed while she displayed her own natural expertise and wisdom in these sorts of situations! The rambling blonde triumphantly expressing herself even while her clone stared on in wonder and disbelief, the ideas of a manipulative nature along with Zakku’s potential familiarity with the situation not quite melded into a total idea yet, nor was she done with her own words.

Arashi would bring it all together though and try to make sense of the situation, she was really good at that. They had to get going though! Zakku thought they should all head over to the Glory House and if not for Arashi Miori was sure that she should have been the one to go in first. She was the one that knew how to get herself mixed up in that type of debauchery afterall.

"Really should have been me who went, but let's go!”

So for now it was the Clone and herself with Arashi. They all needed to get going and Zakku couldn’t be off by himself for too long. There was work to be done and panties to get back, not to mention crushing the one that dared to cross their team.

As Arashi questioned Miori again however, Miori would shrug. "Why couldn’t it be both? I don’t really know if I can be expected to remember all of my exes, but that sounds like a few of them! Wouldn’t surprise me if someone I dated still had a rage boner going, he won’t be getting any at the Glory House though!”

It wouldn’t have taken them too long to reach there either. Finding the building, Zakku had to go in the front but they were going around the side. Directing her clone to go the other way and around the left, Miori would stick with Arashi. The sounds of people inside were faint but present, she wondered how many people were doing the dirty in that place!

"Come on Arashi, I think I remember a back way from this side where people could sneak out the back. Don’t wanna get caught by your girlfriend with some ho in the Glory House.”

Secret exit or something so people could slip out if things went South. Definitely made sense for the sketchy situations that had to occur. Just like the panty stealer.
notes go here tagged/open  word count
Belac has written 191 posts
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Jan 10, 2021 19:55:13 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

Headed for eternity and destined for nothing
The future isn't difficult to see
It's easy to confuse grand design with life's repercussions
Lament not your vanquished fantasy
It's only destiny

Normally Zakku would have sent in Miori first but he wanted to handle this himself at first.  Arashi was too professional and Miori was a bit to hyper.  His green eyes adjusted to the darkness.  "I'm in no mood tonight."  He stated in a cool calm and collected voice that drifted through the darkened building.  "So here's your choices."

Zakku dragged his makeshift rope behind him as he counted each of his steps.  He pulled out one of his metal stakes and held it in his free hand behind him.  "Return the panties!  If not well.  I gave you a chance."

Something in front of him moved and a dark object came at him.  Dropping the Metal Stake he reached up and grabbed the object.  A bag filled with panties filled his grasp but his metal stake was stuck in the end of his makeshift rope pinning it to the ground.  Lights came out forcing Zakku to wince.  

"We got the pervert red handed."  A familiar voice proudly proclaimed.  The bearded lady popped her knuckles as her and other carnies came out of hiding spots.  Zakku gripped the bag and held it behind him.  "Say you think if we turn him in to the Kazekage he'll lose his job?"

Zakku's blood ran cold as he understood their plan.  "Yeah and then we start on his spoiled daughter next."  They bragged.  "But of course the degenerate is gonna put up a fight so we had to subdue him.  By any means necessary."

Zakku started to shake gripping tighter to his makeshift rope.  'Calm down.  Chunin don't get scared.'  Zakku reminded himself and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.  He then began to the do the only thing that can to his mind.

Zakku reached into the bag and started rummaging stopping everyone dead in their tracks.  "What are you doing?"  One of the carnies asked.  "Pissing off someone."  He muttered to himself and pulled out a familiar looking pair of panties.  "MIORI IT WORKED WE GOT HER PANITES TELL NEZUMI HIRING THE CARNIES WORKED LIKE A CHARM!"  He loudly proclaimed with a large mischievious grin across his face.

Zakku had the plan to kill just the one panty theif but a whole collection of Carnies forced him to rethink his plans.  Now all he wanted to do was get out.  His plan had changed to pissing off Arashi into thinking it was a Classic Team 3 Scheme and coming after all of them.  He just wasn't so sure on how he and Miori were or even if they'd be able to get away.
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Jan 11, 2021 14:07:16 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 

NOTES.

"Probably...but then again let him have his moment...I haven't seen him this focused on a task since...ever..."

Arashi would move behind Midori with a calm expression, listening as the teen explained that while she may have had plenty of exes that could frequent the Glory Hole, she stated directly that she didn't remember all of them, and if anything, they wouldn't be getting any aid for their urges at this place. Arashi simply shrugged her shoulders, considering her own track record as she closed her eyes. Honestly, she didn't really have exes the more she thought about it. After a brief relationship with Akira, there had really only been crushes. Each one seemed to be less committed than the next, leading only to one person that she found herself head over heels for. Which just showed how much she really did care for them.

Upon them moving around to a back entrance, Midori would state how this was used for many means of escape to avoid trouble, especially if your spouse managed to come here to catch you in the act.

"Or Boyfriend...pretty sure this place ain't just for the gentlemen..."

Smirking, she'd move in after the blonde haired female, looking on as she nearly found herself touching the wall, only to pull her hand back as she wiped it against her jacket with a disgusted expression.

So takin a bath when this is over....

With them moving through the building, a clear conversation was happening close by, allowing for soft mummers to be heard from their position. Of course, as they continued to move in, it appeared that Zakku had gotten himself into a bit of a jam, almost to the point that Arashi was getting worried of just what was happening. Of course, that concern soon shifted as his voice was heard from the next room, promptly stating how his and Midori's plan had worked and how their hiring of Sengetsu's cronies had worked like a charm in their attempt at taking her...her panties.

"What?"

Her eyes seemed to grow wide and it seemed like the Sunagakure nin was in a state of shock and horror. But soon after, the clear rage began to take hold as the wind began to pick up around her, causing her to push passed Midori almost instantly as she began to make her way out into the open. Eyes narrowed, a golden glare appearing over her face, the girl would simple release a high pitched scream, causing the very ground to shake and the force of the chakra enhanced yell to push everyone in the room back as their bodies would fall and tumble into the walls, furniture and chairs.

As the former entertainers attempted to collect themselves, Arashi's attention seemed to focus solely on Zakku, lifting him up by his collar as she began to shake him.

"Ya fuckin asshole! Who the hell do ya think ya are!? I swear the kami I'm gonna..."

It was at that point that her senses began to return to her, causing her to pause as she realized the situation they were in as the group seemed to be ready to fight once again. With a blank expression, the teen would then sigh as she shook her head.

"Zak...why do ya always get me in trouble?"

-S.A Used-
Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.
-Jutsu Used-

NAME: O-jū no shōgekiha [Tailed Beast Shockwave]
CHAKRA USAGE: High
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
A tailed beast or Jinchuuriki taps into their large reserves in a burst of emotion. By either roaring, or a violent wave of the arms, the can send a powerful force of pressure and destruction that moves outward in a circular motion, with their body being its epicenter. For those who have minimal control, these are usually brought about when they are enraged in their Initial Jinchuuriki Form, or their Version 1 Chakra Cloak. The C-ranked version is capable of moving away Ninjutsu, Taijutsu, and projectile attacks of similar power, while serving as successful Kai due to the rush of chakra for a range in all directions for 20 meters. The B-ranked version of the jutsu is attainable when they are in their Version 2 Chakra cloak, which pushes everything mentioned above in all directions for 35 meters. When in Full Bijuu Mode, the S-ranked version can do 100 meters.
-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 13, 2023 2:45:02 GMT -5
Tachibana Miori
Tachibana Miori Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
I lost the coding to this post!
probably should have waited until after this thread to change the template >->

The thoughts going through Miori's head were brief and fast as a series of events seemed to go off at once. First came the reveal of the obvious trap. Oh the carnies are here. Well that made this easier. Then came the idea that this was... planned? The first raw emotion was a wounded pride. Miori didn't steal panties! She stole boxers! Eye for an eye type of thing. Then came the realization as Arashi ran in. Oh... Could have discussed that on the way here. Well... carnies said they were fighting anyways. So may as well cut loose and make it a party.

Miori and her clone would move in sync- since two minds with no impulse control tended to act the same- both throwing their fans into the room, propelled by their chakra strings to work the same as shuriken, both towards the last carnie to speak. Whether they hit or not was irrelevant, as the chakra strings tugged them back towards both Mioris. "You know, spelling out your whole plan in front of a bunch of shinobi is probably not your brightest idea." The two blonde girls would smirk in a mirror of each other. "But that's among your other idiotic choices thus far. When I first got here I was certain you all were idiots when you tried to frame us for panty theft of all things. Each member of team 3 has done worse individually. But that's what you were betting on weren't you? Our previous infractions had set punishments, guidelines they have to maintain. This petty crime though? Plenty of flexibility- especially with public outcry." The cursed spider was rearing it's ugly head again, Miori getting a bit more blatant about her disdain for system functions as her speech went on. "But then... you pick the most obvious ambush spot... in existence. I've worked with traps my whole life and even the snares I made a five year old had better planning than this! And those didn't even work!"

Yet again moving in an odd synchronization, both Mioris would loose the passive disguise that hid their extra limbs. "But since you've already announced your intention to fight a member of Team 3, may as well remind you we already made it to the chuunin exam finals before. Our strength isn't want held us back... it was what we do when we want to let loose. And you made a target of one of the few things I care about in this world. So I'm need to cut real loose." Neither Miori wouldn't wait for an answer, unfolding her metal fans and running into the fray, slowly spreading spider silk along the edge of the fans. This was going to be hectic and that's just what she needed!

last edit by Tachibana Miori on Feb 13, 2023 2:49:26 GMT -5
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 14, 2023 17:58:00 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

It's only destiny

Zakku didn't fight when Arashi lifted him up by his collar.  He winced letting out a cowardly noise and waited for the hit that wouldn't come.  Soon he'd letting out a breath with a nervous laugh he held out her underwear to her sheepishly.  "Because being in trouble alone is no fun."  He flashed a grin with a chuckle.  It was more fun to have others suffer with him.  It was one of the things Team 3 bonded over.  Then he heard movement.  Looking up his pupils shrank seeing Miori charge in.

Looking at Miori Zakku began to rapidly tap the Arm Arashi held Zakku up with by his collar.  "Hey...HEY!  Mioris moving!  OH KAMI THERE'S TWO OF HER!  When could she do that?"  Kicking wildly the blue haired shinobi tried to free himself.  Panic has set in as he watched Miori charge in.  As Miori spoke Zakku weaved a single handsign and let his hand spark then Jolt to life creating a wolf made of lightning.  "Thats better.  We're on even grounds now."  He smiled innocently and sent his lightning beast out towards the Carnies.  Following hot on Mioris heels.
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 14, 2023 22:00:44 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 

NOTES.

"Wow...."

Arashi would stand there, Zakku still in her grip as she took in what the girl had just said, allowing herself a brief moment to hold a blank expression before seeing her take off into the fray. Despite Zakku's comment of it being no fun getting in trouble alone, there was a small bit of truth to it. Though the merits of it would remain for her to figure out later. With the riles of her captured friend jarring her from her thoughts, she'd release him as his electric wolf charged into the fight, allowing him to follow suit as she released a breath before doing the same.

Protect ya neck

While having faced these entertainers before, the new faces among them showed that they had upped their ranks since the last encounter. Though their previous leader was no where in sight, she wasn't willing to write him off just yet. After all, there were plenty was ways to get out of trouble in Suna. Especially if the evidence against you was skeptical at best. Not that it was, but still.

As the others seemed to be moving in closer, Arashi would join them as she moved beside them , the three rushing forward to meet their opponents head on.

"Split em up and don't let them corner ya. Last time they had some pretty surprising techinques!"

In saying this, she'd slide beneath one of the larger strong men, noting his female company as she seemed to try and move in to assist. As she swung toward Arashi,would hit nothing more than a sillottte of sand, the dust pile phasing through her as Arashi appeared on the opposite side with a smirk across her face.

"Hi..so no chance ya wanna just run in the opposite direction?"

As she leaned against the wall, her body would flip upward upon the coming arm of the strong man, balancing herself upon it as she narrowed her eyes with a serious expression.

"Guess not..."

Darting along it, her body would moving in low as she wrapped her leg across his neck, skirting upon his shoulders as she allowed small tendrils of sand to crawl along his shoulders and lurk forward upon them like strings. Within moments, the man was a human object, being controlled as he swung forward and smacked the female attacker across the room and into a wall.

"Heh...I shoulda been a entertainer...I got the dummy thing down pat!"

In saying this, she'd feel the man's arm attempt to reach around to grab her, prompting the teen to lurk him back before then pushing him forward at full force.

"Now...STAGE FALL!!"

That said, the man would slam himself against the floor, allowing for Arashi to roll forward off his unconscious frame, rising back up before moving away from the next set that were headed in her direction.

-S.A Used-
Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

All-Covering Forests and Ten Thousand Things Assimilate Technique

A technique that Arashi learned from Shukaku, it was grafted upon the creativity and consumption of a variety of different environments and adapting them to the needs of the user. When Arashi first learned of this, she used them simply as a means of allowing her to move with the usage of her sand, traveling among the currents of the wind from one place to the next. Though over time, she has adapted to them and made that very nature part of herself and learned to manipulate it to more than just the desert itself.

With this growing understanding, comes her ability to use it to better suit her needs. Such as assimilation of Steel into her skin, or ash to the very minerals that build up the sand she controls to her will. This knowledge grants her the means to take these parts of her environment and impart them into her very being. While this is a short lived experience, they aid her in her ability to control the situation and to protect herself from threats that her Ultimate Sand Defense can not predict and allow for her to better protect herself. (Post Count limit:3)

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as we
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 15, 2023 0:39:53 GMT -5
Tachibana Miori
Tachibana Miori Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
[newclass=.ullaBG]background-color:#fff;border:#ccc 1px solid;border-radius:3px;width:350px;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaBack]background-color:#e6f7ed;padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTxt]background-color:#fff;border-radius:3px;width:250px;margin-left:7px;padding:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;height:80px;overflow:auto;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTxt b]color:#56a576;font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTitle]float:left;width:50px;font-family:courier new;font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-shadow:#fff 0 1px,#fff 1px 0,#fff -1px 0,#fff 0 -1px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTitle IMG]margin-bottom:5px;margin-top:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaHash]margin-top:10px;background-color:#fff;padding:5px;font-family:trebuchet ms;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#639677;border-radius:3px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaHash a]color:#639677;[/newclass]

The two Miori's would move in unison near two of the carnies, circling around the two to force them away from the group. If they tried to move past their oppressors, the blondes would slash at the two performers with their dual fans, now lined in white spider webbing. Though not visible to the naked eye, the edges of iron fans were being coated in wind blades via those very strings. Any swipes from these would not be the blunt damage these men were expecting, but were now slicing flesh. Alone they were bad but not life threatening if treated properly. However the fact that each were being hit with at least two, four if they allowed the duo to jump them, meant these attacks had a new lethality to them.

The two would continue a relentless assault on the others, moving in synchronization with each other- the benefit of being an already tricky fighter and having two people that fought exactly the same. When one swept low with their fans, they'd duck low so the other could roll along their back to strike at the upper body of their target. When one blocked, they'd use their other four hands to bind the opponent so their counterpart could get in a few free hits. Afterwards a combined kick from both would send the target flying away in time to deal with the other. Combining this with the fact that Miori was always randomly swapping which hands were holding the fans and which weren't meant this was truly a chaotic flurry of strikes for anyone who tried to get near the two as they sought to isolate the two carnies they were fighting.

Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 17, 2023 14:29:09 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

It's only destiny

"You Idiots!  They're kids!  They can't be that hard to fight!"  The bearded lady yelled at her comrades.  

"Hey.  Remember you're here to fight the blue haired idiot and the girl made of sand.  Not the spider girl."  Zakku casually told the bearded lady his lightning beast looking between the two.

"Stop playing around with the spider girl you have...to...."  Trailing off the lady slowly turned to Zakku who smiled innocently.  

"You took a lot less time to figure it out that what I thought you would."  Nodding he looked at his beast who had joined in the nodding.  The lady didn't move for a few moment until she picked up a box and threatened to hit him with it.  "Hmmm."  Zakku let out a disapproving hum.

With a loud ZAP the lightning beast leapt into the bearded lady and threw her off her feet and crashing into the wall.  Zakku flexed his hand letting the tingles of using his Raiton fade.  "Today is not a great example of my feminism."  He commented to himself.  A tongue wrapped around his left arm and he tensed up.  

Glaring at the froggy man who tried to pull Zakku towards his scimitar.  "Oh I chose to forget about you."  With a flex of the tongue Zakku was lifted and slammed down on the box the bearded lady had held.  Wheezing in response Zakku made another handsign and grabbed the tongue.  Raiton Rocketed up to the frogmans mouth.  Rewarded with a scream of pain Zakku let out a weak laugh.  "Shocking isn't it?"  Laughing at his pun he gave a pull on the tongue and let the mans unconscious body fall to the ground. 
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 17, 2023 19:12:58 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 

NOTES.

With the way things were going, the carnies hardly had any semblance of a chance in dealing with the three. Despite their age, they were indeed still shinobi. Making it all the more unlikely that they would defeat them. Even with their more than freakest abilities and strength, the fact that Arashi, Zakku and Miori had been trained to deal with such odds and more so made them diverse. If nothing else, they held a fair chance in working together than isolated.

Though the time for them to do so was slipping away as more of them seem to drop the longer the fight dragged on.

As Zakku finished shocking the long tongued entertainer, his pun was enough to cause Arashi to lean forward, looking at the man as she shivered slightly before narrowing her eyes.

"That was just...terrible..."

This distraction was enough for one man to think he could get the jump on the girl, yet as she waved her hand to the side, a tendril of sand would extend from the length of her arm, forming itself into a fist as it collided into the unsuspecting attacker. Resting her hand on her hip, she'd reel the sand back upon her flesh, shaking her hand a bit before standing beside the blue haired teen as she looked on as Miori seemed to be finishing up her own pair.

There were few remaining, and that meant that this brawl was just about over. Yet, there was no sign of Sengetsu.

"So what have we learned here today?"

Leaning upon her hip, Arashi would cross her arms over her chest as she held a serious expression upon her face. With the culprits dealt with, the next best thing would be to turn them in.

"We ain't goin to lock up cause of this! Look! It wasn't even us that done it! We just helped em a bit.."

Raising her brow, Arashi would continue to listen as one of the wounded men spoke.

"Sengetsu told us bout what happened and we thought we could just teach ya a lesson is all! But after he got locked up...that shit went out the window...till we spoke with his brother...Kobosu...and he said he'd handle it himself..."

"Does he have dark hair and blue eyes?"

The black eyeed man would nod before then falling backward as he looked toward the ceiling in a daze.

"Huh? Who knew he had a brother? Small world..."

It certainly was a surprise as Arashi didn't ever bother to look into the man's file. After all, he was a bitter con man who had gotten shown up years ago. Holding that grudge for so long meant either he was petty or they really did a number on him.

"Because of you punks...we've resorted to this! We can't get an gig anywhere thanks to you lot! We're barely makin it as it is! All cause ya had to show us up!"

The Special Jounin would look to the side, and then release a breath before then frowning a bit. They weren't wrong. Though she questioned whether what they had done had actually been the deciding factor in their fates or if they had long since began down this road.

"Where can we find em?"

"Said somethin bout headin to the desert to plan somethin big...had to a stop somewhere in village first..."

-S.A Used-
Ichibi Host

A technique that Arashi learned from Shukaku, it was grafted upon the creativity and consumption of a variety of different environments and adapting them to the needs of the user. When Arashi first learned of this, she used them simply as a means of allowing her to move with the usage of her sand, traveling among the currents of the wind from one place to the next. Though over time, she has adapted to them and made that very nature part of herself and learned to manipulate it to more than just the desert itself.

With this growing understanding, comes her ability to use it to better suit her needs. Such as assimilation of Steel into her skin, or ash to the very minerals that build up the sand she controls to her will. This knowledge grants her the means to take these parts of her environment and impart them into her very being. While this is a short lived experience, they aid her in her ability to control the situation and to protect herself from threats that her Ultimate Sand Defense can not predict and allow for her to better protect herself. (Post Count limit:3)

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as we
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 19, 2023 4:00:05 GMT -5
Tachibana Miori
Tachibana Miori Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
[newclass=.ullaBG]background-color:#fff;border:#ccc 1px solid;border-radius:3px;width:350px;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaBack]background-color:#e6f7ed;padding:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTxt]background-color:#fff;border-radius:3px;width:250px;margin-left:7px;padding:10px;font-family:arial;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;height:80px;overflow:auto;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTxt b]color:#56a576;font-family:courier new;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTitle]float:left;width:50px;font-family:courier new;font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;text-transform:uppercase;text-shadow:#fff 0 1px,#fff 1px 0,#fff -1px 0,#fff 0 -1px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaTitle IMG]margin-bottom:5px;margin-top:10px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaHash]margin-top:10px;background-color:#fff;padding:5px;font-family:trebuchet ms;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;letter-spacing:1px;color:#639677;border-radius:3px;[/newclass][newclass=.ullaHash a]color:#639677;[/newclass]

By the time the last of the carnies were dealt with, the Mioris had two of their thugs; bloodied, wrapped in silk cocoons, and slung over both of their shoulders. Walking towards Arashi, the two would ever so callously drop the unconscious two bits on the ground in front of their friend, accidentally scaring the one Arashi was currently interrogating. The man stared for a second, his concussed head taking a second to process something his mind would already take a few seconds to truly understand, before jumping a few feet away, only to be caught by the second Miori.

I wish I could say that was on purpose... well they're going to be scared anyways, may as well lean into it. The true Miori would walk close to the man, her six hands grabbing the front of his shirt while her clone's hand would pin his arms behind his shoulder blades. "So... what village?" The man would stutter a bit, only for the second Miori to pull his arms closer towards his own neck.

"GA- SEKARA! SEKARA!" With that, Miori's arms would relax as she guided the group away from Zakku and Arashi. "I'll leave that to you guys." As Miori and her doppelganger gathered the various carnies, they would slowly wind them in web, the line of them gave echoing through her mind as she did so. We've resorted to this!... We're barely makin' it as it is! Miori knew she could easily turn them in and be done with this. After all they had invaded the privacy of one of her closest friends- the only family member she had left. She knew her morality would allow her to turn them in, and rest just fine as they all went to prison for any charge she could think of. It would be so easy.

But both her and Arashi had lived in the ruins out of necessity. They knew what it was like to scrape by. To fight for survival all because other people had decided your worth. Miori would wait for the leader to wake, giving the woman a few slaps on the face to trigger her fight or flight response. Miori would look towards her friends, likely still questioning if going to this Sekara place was worth it or not. Sand Demon, a human who's suffering is swallowed by a monster. The starving wolf; lethargic, strong, and dangerous. Her gaze would move not towards her clone, but at her own hands. Cursed Spider. Evening messenger of death. Bad omen. Avoided and to be pushed away for other's safety. Then she'd look towards the carnies, the lady glaring daggers at the woman in front of her. Carnies. Freaks. Entertainment- fun and disposable. Well, they've had two chances. Let's give them a chance at strike three.

"Scams, false advertisement, and mislabeling of products... five months. Minor theft... two months. Disturbing the peace, another two months. Invasion of privacy, a year for previous criminal activity. Trespassing, another month. Conspiracy to harm shinobi, we'll say only two years." Miori would crouch down in front of them all as she continued to list an out of character knowledge of criminal law towards the carnies. "Conspiracy to harm royalty, life. For every one of these, I have listed the light sentences. We have more than enough to stick you all with these." Miori would look across the faces of the carnies as that sat in. A few of the more aware members were staring the girl up and down, likely expecting her to give them a plea deal. "But I don't want to do that. So here is the deal; I will let you all go... and you all owe me two favors I can cash in later. Considering I'm stopping you from serving a life sentence and then some, I think it's worth two."

last edit by Tachibana Miori on Feb 23, 2023 21:40:15 GMT -5
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Feb 23, 2023 18:30:33 GMT -5
Zakku Burokon
Zakku Burokon Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
// Zakku //

It's only destiny

"Heh heh hehZakku responded to Arashi as she critiqued his masterful pun.  He didn't even flinch as the one of the carnies attempted to ambush Arashi but with the tendril of Sand knocking him away Zakku knew it would end like that.  

Sitting up with a grunt Zakku wiggled off the loose sand from himself and stretched out his aching back.  He needed a vacation.  Would it be too soon for them to get suspended again?  He'd have to sit on it.  Watching Miori bring up the two wrapped up carnies she'd taken care of Zakku fought the incredibly powerful urge to make another pun but saved everyone else's sanity.  For now.

Listening to the carnies talk with Arashi and Miori he thought about their words.  They didn't ruin their careers.  That was their own doing.  They just were stupid kids.  What's changed though?  Zakku looked down feeling a bit guilty and clicked his tongue in anger.  

Arching his eyebrow at Miori as she offered to let them go but owing he a favor he wondered what she was planning.  "She's going lighter than usual.  Must be in a good mood."  Maybe its best he didn't ruin her attitude with another pun.  
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Mar 14, 2023 20:02:11 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG.

WORDS. 

NOTES.

"Wait what?"

Arashi would hear the last part in which Miori stated, prompting her to raise her brow before then allowing her to continue as she focused on what exactly had been said. Sekara....why did have to be Sekara?

Her expression shifted to a frown as the girl seemed to make her arrangements with the carnies, leading her to hearing Zakku's comment on this being light next to the blonde's usual, leading her to sigh before then walking toward the girl as she began pushing Zakku forward before then approaching Miori.

"Think that's enough...ya heard her....now get gone..."

Her expression didn't change, though she held her glare as the group began to collect themselves. It wasn't much of an effort, considering their strong man was capable of at least limping, but the rest were mostly dragged as they carried themselves out of the building. At the very least, this was one place that might take some time to recover back to it's more seedy activities. Yet, that wasn't the only worry the teen had at the moment.

"Ignoring why the hell ya need favors from them....and the fact that ya be callin one of them in sooner rather than later..."

Arashi would glance over at the door as one of the last were preparing to leave, raising a wall of sand to block the exit of their path. With the Toad-eyed individual halted, the girl would shake her head before then looking back to her friends.

"Startin with Zakku gettin his name cleared with a confession from this one...cause theres no way in hell we're going to Sekara..."

Crossing her arms, she'd allow the wall to begin to form around the man at the door, prompting him to be encrusted in sand as her eyes remained their golden hue as she spoke.

"It's the one place we're not supposed to be...let alone trackin down a single target..."

With the sand tendrils binding it's target, it would then press him toward the floor, prompting Arashi to extend her hand as one swift movement pushed them against the wall, holding itself in place.

"Besides...we only came out here to clear Zak...and we have...we know their partially responsible and gettin the truth out from this one will be enough..."

Granted, it wasn't a whole truth, but the fact that they'd have to cross a lot of restrictions to get the rest was enough to make her know where to stop. Especially, with what happened the last time she was there. There wasn't much to say about the encounter, but her meeting with the Queen of Sekara hadn't exactly left her unscarred. She was in debt as well, and if she wasn't careful, she'd have even more to explain to her parents if they happened to find her out there again.

As her gaze remained on the two, she'd realize her eyes weren't exactly shifting back to normal, prompting her to rub at them gently before feeling her chakra descend and her hazel color eyes returning.

-S.A Used-
Ichibi Host

Sand Control

-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Shifting Tides, Investigative Implications[Open]Mar 30, 2023 3:23:56 GMT -5
Tachibana Miori
Tachibana Miori Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

Were it anyone else, Miori likely would have fought that some measure of justice and or vengeance was owed on the guy who was actually behind this. But several things were stopping her; the first of which being Arashi was right. Didn't matter who or what they brought back, unless it was dangerous enough to warrant keeping themselves out of eyesight, the women would understandably tear apart the person they thought was responsible- which in this case was Zakku. The second was that she knew nothing about this place, not even where to find it on a map. The third was of course that Arashi was more knowledgeable than her, and Miori trusted her to be honest with whatever was happening. So with any other authority figure, Miori would question and pry until she got a straight forward answer, Miori had more than enough reason to just trust Arashi. Finally, and probably the best way to actually get Miori to listen to you- Miori liked Arashi. Came with the territory of being fellow outcasts for a majority of their lives.

Standing from her crouched position, the girl would give an exaggerated sigh as she stretched, her twin standing still as it decided to let the flesh and blood creature get the spotlight. "Okay. I guess that'll do." Miori would allow the other two to lead the way, the blonde haired twins functioning as psuedo guards for both Zakku and the prisoner.