retirement benefits - [inari]

compose a reply
retirement benefits - [inari]Mar 6, 2021 10:16:56 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
I am on nobody’s side for nobody is on my side. Nobody cares for the trees.
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sidelongcredits"]
[attr="class","sidelong"]
[attr="class","bodybox"]
[attr="class","text-space icon"]

So Tomomi was a bit like a magician, then. She could see why she was not too keen on sharing her secrets. Inari was prepared to face the walls all civilians met when they poked around the shinobi world. She was still trusted with the knowledge of bases and hideouts all over hi no kuni though, which meant they likely thought she was close to her expiration date or too kind, too loyal to ever pose a threat to anyone but enemies of Konohagakure. Or Kazuto thought so at least. [break][break]

The redhead nodded "I know of it yes. My mother used to tell me stories and legends when I was small. She won't admit it, but my dad is pretty sure she insisted on naming me and my siblings after the kami or other legends" she chuckled softly, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear and put both her hands flat on the table, resting most of her weight on her forearms against the table.  But... A puppet with a fox form inside it? Sounded pretty advanced. "so, you want the fox form to pop out like a jack-in-the-box? Or have it grow extra appendages? or tails, snout and paws, I mean."
[break][break]

She didn't want to copy it, she didn't have the skill for it and lacked the interest if she was honest with herself. Thought it was something Tomomi enjoyed and if she ever needed a sparring partner with crazy ideas, Inari certainly was there and had the time to listen and be amazed. A cheaply bought cheerleader with no idea how the puppets worked on the level which Tomomi was on.

[attr="class","headerbox"]

Inari +

made by gimmick

[googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=Poppins:400,700]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits]width: min-content; margin: 30px auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #f9f9f9; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 75, 163, 75; --accent: #4ba34b [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #f9f9f9; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong i] font-weight: 400; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h2, .sidelong h3] margin: 0; font: inherit [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-horizontal] width: 4px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

Moro has written 410 posts
retirement benefits - [inari]Mar 7, 2021 4:33:18 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Named after the kami. That was always fun. People with mythological names tended to be more interesting, Tomomi though. Imbued with some sort of zany spirit, like the world itself wished to speak through them. Well, that might be too superstitious a way to look at it. Realistically, it meant that their parents were inclined to look at culturally interesting things, and thus raised their children to be more worldly. It was simple cause and effect, not the work of spirits. But sometimes it was more fun to at least pretend to believe those sorts of incredible things.

"So you're named for the kami of foxes. Isn't that fun," Tomomi said. "It makes you closely related to this character. And isn't it fitting that someone named after them would become a sage apprentice?" They asked. In a way it felt really fitting. Inari was known as a kami of prosperity, but also of agriculture, fertility. Rice and sake. Tea. They were a bountiful spirit.

She would go on to describe the puppet as Inari asked.

"The basic idea is that the human portion would have a long robe which disguised the fox hidden underneath. The two could be separated into pieces and used independently. It increases the element of surprise. Much of puppetry is about finding unique ways of disguising your mechanisms and shocking the enemy. A multi-tiered puppet is a bit complicated to make, though. It will take quite some workshopping."

Cocoa has written 693 posts
retirement benefits - [inari]Mar 20, 2021 1:53:43 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday 2 August -13 SD rank Chunin occupation Sage apprentice
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

"Foxes eat snakes though, which is a bit ironic considering  I am training under the Sage of Snakes, heh"[break][break]

Even so, it was a bit weird to think about, it was not something Inari disliked about her name. Actually, she quite liked it. Even if it was the name of one of the kami, it was also her own. Hopefully those she interacted with thought of her before they thought of the kami, when they heard the name. That was the type of marks she could leave on the world. And make sure it was fond memories and smiles she left in her wake. [break][break]

Inari would intently listen as Tomomi explained about the puppet they were planning on making. [break][break] "I believe you, that sounds complicated! But great. Having things appear as one thing and then another pop out is always a good plan of attack, harder to guard against and all that."[break][break]
Good thing she wasn't fighting Tomomi, getting past all those puppets and casting a proper genjutsu on the blonde would be no easy feat. Puppets didn't care if you tried to lock their chakra in a loop. They kept powering on and dancing to the tune of their puppeteer. Inari would sip a bit more of her tea, munching on the snacks. Sadly, she could almost see the bottom of her cup now... She couldn't bother Tomomi with questions she were not allowed to answer. It didn't mean she wasn't curious. But... This was an exercise in letting go and shaping a life outside of the shinobi life. [break][break]

"Do you have someone special in your life, Tomomi-san?"[break][break]
Significant others were always a good point of small talk! Plus she wanted to know more about Tomomi than what could be deduced from the surface. 

Inari + tomomi

made by gimmick

[newclass=.sidelongcredits>a]display: block; text-align:right; margin-top: 4px; font:700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing:.8px;text-decoration:none;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong]width: 620px; position: relative; display: grid; grid-template-areas: ' bodybox headerbox'; background: #f9f9f9; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); box-shadow: 0 2px 4px 0 rgba(0,0,0,.15); --accentRGB: 75, 163, 75; --accent: #4ba34b [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .headerbox] background: linear-gradient(-180deg, rgba(var(--accentRGB), 1), rgba(var(--accentRGB), .45)); grid-area: headerbox; width: 50px; display: flex; justify-content: center; padding-top: 40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .bodybox] padding: 30px 0px 30px 30px; background: #f9f9f9; grid-area: bodybox; display: grid; grid-column-gap: 30px; grid-template-columns: auto 1fr; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .border-box] padding: 8px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space] width: 175px; height: 525px; overflow: hidden; background: lightgray; filter: brightness(1.25) contrast(.65) saturate(2); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space:hover] filter: brightness(1.35) contrast(.75) saturate(2);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .image-space::after] content: ' '; background: #666; opacity: .25; position: absolute; width: 175px; height: 525px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space] height: 525px; overflow: auto; padding-right: 40px; margin-top: 8px; text-align: left; font: 13px/18px 'Hind'; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space.icon] height: auto; overflow: hidden; padding-right: 0; margin: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img] padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #dcdcdc; float: left; margin: 0 20px 10px 0; max-width: 150px; filter: brightness(1) contrast(.75) saturate(.8); -webkit-transition: all 1s linear; -moz-transition: all 1s linear; -o-transition: all 1s linear;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong img:hover]filter: brightness(1.1) contrast(.8) saturate(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong b] font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong u] text-decoration-style: dotted; text-decoration-color: var(--accent); text-decoration-thickness: 2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong .text-space br] content: ''; padding: 0 0 6px; display: block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1] font: 700 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.8px; color: white; writing-mode: vertical-rl; font-size: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong h1 a]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; color: inherit !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar] -webkit-appearance: none !important; background: transparent; width: 4px !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb] background: rgba(var(--accentRGB), .5) !important; border: 0 !important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.sidelong ::-webkit-scrollbar-track] background: #f9f9f9 !important; border: 0 !important [/newclass]

retirement benefits - [inari]Mar 20, 2021 20:38:51 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Perhaps it was a bit ironic. All part of the circle of life, though. Tomomi didn't find it that odd. Though the Yato-no-kami tended not to have the best relationship with the less malevolent kami. How much did myth have bearing on the real world? Not as much as most would like to belief, it sadly seemed.

As for the puppets... Inari likely understood the principle of the surprise attack. She had been in the ANBU and worked with genjutsu. Surprise and trickery were her wheelhouse. Though they were involved in very different areas of expertise, they were still allies in methodology. Genjutsu masters and puppeteers were sometimes considered underhanded, but all was fair in war.

The topic shifted to something a bit more personal and Tomomi raised her brows, smiling slightly.

"Not yet. I have a tendency to be... My family calls it "work-oriented," quite politely," she joked. "I spend so much time doing my job that I leave little for personal time. I don't really mind it, though. I've never been a romantic sort." Romance meant intimacy and she was quite happy to keep everyone at a comfortable distance. Inari had mentioned in their previous conversation that she was at risk of becoming a spinster, but Tomomi thought she would return the question;

"Do you?"

retirement benefits - [inari]Apr 11, 2021 3:22:54 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

Tomomi's response didn't surprise her all that much, she was definitely not the one to be pining after someone. If they did they were pretty good at hiding it. Inari did giggle at the description provided by her family, being too focused on your work could be a double edged sword if you did want the companionship most humans sought after. Some people wedded their work or another art and they often accomplished great things due to their focus being undivided. The question however was turned around and directed straight back to herself.  [break][break]
"Oh... I do actually, surprisingly enough. It has been... fast. I was on vacation in Nohara and ran into this tall blonde, super sweet. We might not last long but, hey, life is short and you gotta have some fun with it, right? Her name is Chisai of the Hono clan. You should meet her sometime~~" [break][break]
Unless the relationship between Konoha and Kusa broke down of course, then she hoped the two would never meet, in a social setting or in battle. If war were to hit them, then... Where would her loyalties lie? With her heart? Or with her duty? She would never know until she saw that day and she shouldn't worry about it as it as a highly unlikely possibility. [break][break]

"We are meeting up soon, maybe we could swing by you or meet for tea at a café? If you have time for such in your busy schedule~"

Inari + tomomi

made by gimmick

retirement benefits - [inari]Apr 13, 2021 19:15:34 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

A member of the Hono clan. How interesting. Inari did not seem like the fiery sort, but perhaps it was true in a way that opposites attracted. So long as the woman was kind, it did make sense. Young people were so prone to being swept up in sudden romance. Meeting anyone could spark something in an instant if the conditions were right. It also meant that youth made one prone to romantic fizzling. But some people lasted a long time and made those sorts of sudden flights work.

"I would be happy to meet her," Tomomi answered, surprised by the offer. Making friends with people from allied village was always a decent plan. Maybe she should stop thinking of relationships in terms of plans. "I should probably make more time for breaks and making friends, after all. Another common family joke is that I'll drop from stress," she laughed. Her cousin especially was fond of that manner of joke and poked at her often about her work schedule. It was the nature of shinobi life, though. In one way or another, everyone was working until they burnt out. Inari had reached the end of her wick with the lifestyle and had managed to separate herself from it.

"Any time you'd like, you can swing by my office or try to find me at the Yamanaka clan compound. I'd be happy to have tea with you again, with or without Chisai present."

retirement benefits - [inari]Jun 13, 2021 2:57:16 GMT -5
Kimura Inari
Kimura Inari Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodybox"]

Oh Tomomi seemed to have an ocean of patience, a comfortable calm around them at all times. Were they just as so in battle? Or did the stress get to them and stoke a fire beneath them? Inari couldn't help being curious about it, but she would likely never see the blonde assistant in the trenches in some foreign country. Being the assistant and all, they were more likely to stick with the Hokage and the political war which often preluded the physical one.

[break][break]
"I will be taking you up on that~ Especially if it might help your cousin relax a little" [break][break]
She promised with a smile and finished up her small meal, wiping crumbs from the table and deposited them onto her plate with a quiet, small movement. It would be awesome to talk with others more, even if the age gap between Tomomi and herself was larger than most, maybe they could still find some common ground and things to talk about? [break][break]
Inari rose after checking that Tomomi was done with her treat and tea. [break][break]
"You, too, are always welcome to visit my humble little abode outside the village if you need a break... Or just don't feel like making dinner"[break][break]
She shrugged with a smile. Inari would walk the puppeteer back to their job before she would go on about her day, enjoying a walk around the village before heading home. [break][break]

Inari + Tomomi

made by gimmick

last edit by Kimura Inari on Jun 13, 2021 2:57:55 GMT -5