shades in the falls - [kuni]

compose a reply
shades in the falls - [kuni]Mar 27, 2021 17:08:53 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

A simpler time; one of no grudges and fears.

Kuni waited for Ruto to gives his input, maybe she was spot on, maybe she wasn't anywhere close. Then, after a brief silence, Ruto finally spoke, another deep explanation ensured The girl was used to these though. Rather than nodding off like in class from over exertion, the Student's full attention was on the man before her. As it stood, each balancing case was a case-by-case basis, all dependent on the individual rather than broad generalizations. The girl nodded her head, starting to grasp it kinda firmly, though it was still a bit hazy to her.

The girl raised a hand to her chin, crossing her opposite arm to support her elbow as the gears started turning. It felt like minutes passed as she tried to think fro her own instead of echoing what she heard. Bad habits died hard she guessed. He went on to repeat what he had said; this time just stuck better and it made more sense looking at it as a scale, they were not supposed to better than the other but they were both overall important to keep in mind.

They both made her up and gave her life, as with many others, exhausting them would give lethal at most, dangerous at least, repercussions. "So, if they balance each other, chakra is created and it goes to match your weakest point of balancing... Does that mean certain shinobi arts come out 'better' than others... because they have a surplus of whichever energy makes that imbalance? Physical for Taijutsu, Spiritual like Ninjutsu?" Kunikunosaku asked in an attempt to further her understanding. It sounds realistic but it sounds so abstract. There wasn't enough evidence to support her findings except for blind faith. Something the Mikatakujira wasn't used to. Let alone faith.

"What are the different applications, and how do they coincide with chakra? That is my last question. Those are two big things in my test, that much I know."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
N/A

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
N/A

Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
shades in the falls - [kuni]Mar 27, 2021 18:30:59 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
"I believe you could see it that way. If someone solely focuses their efforts on taijutsu, they'll probably have more physical energy, and be better at taijutsu as a result," Ruto agreed in answer to that first question. Though chakra was such a metaphysical thing, it was often hard to discuss with any certainty. Most of the observations made about it were ones that one had to draw from guesses more than anything else. It was similar to the mind, to thought. There was a certain amount of science behind understanding it, but to another degree, it was something beyond mortal minds. As much as Ruto enjoyed finding answers to everything, there were some things shinobi in general did not understand yet. 

"As for applications..." Well, there are many different applications when it comes to these energies, really. "We know from sensor shinobi that people who are related tend to have very similar chakra signatures and that a lot of chakra is genetic. We also know that when people with similar signatures are together, their chakra tends to resonate. So in a way, it's almost like our spiritual energy acts as an additional mode of communication," Ruto speculated. 

"Then there are jutsu, of course. The meditation of hand seals allows us to focus and control our energy into Ninjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Bukijutsu. These hand seals are often what allow us to knead the two types of energy together into chakra in the first place." 
has written 141 posts
shades in the falls - [kuni]Mar 27, 2021 19:43:18 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

A simpler time; one of no grudges and fears.

Maybe her classmate was right, studying together, or with someone with more knowledge, was actually beneficial. She felt like going at these questions from a critical and problem solving point of view helped her understand chakra rather than memorize answers. The girl put her arms to her sides and swung her body side to side as if some magical way, the gesture unlocked a deeper state of thought. Ruto rationalized her thoughts, stating it was definitely a way to interpret things that actually made some inkling of sense.

According to him reciting sensor shinobi accounts that families have similar chakra signatures and that it is genetic. Which begged the question of her signature was similar to that of Nii-Nii's? Maybe it was even identical! Another note was if similar chakras were near, they'd resonate. They fricken talked!? It made Kunikunosaku wonder if the Mikatakujira adults communicated through chakra telepathy. It was a very exciting notion, regardless if it was true or not. She certainly hoped so, when she grew up she could talk to her family all the time.

The final application seemed to be jutsus, there were categories, so there's probably a lot. Ninjutsu. Fūinjutsu. Genjutsu. Taijutsu. Finally, there was Bukijutsu. Each were concentrated and connected to chakra via handseals. "If I'm understanding right, those jutsus tap our chakra like gas when we weave the seals, they eat the gas and pump out jutsu like the academy techniques? So... handseals are like keys, if you have the right key, you can do a jutsu, right? Tsk. It's getting dark out, Nii-Nii, can you bring me home? The test is early but I feel like I'm ready!"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
N/A

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
N/A
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
shades in the falls - [kuni]Mar 28, 2021 18:13:46 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Ruto
The only cost not worth it is my own life.
Mikatakujira Ruto Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age birthday 1/26 rank occupation
The explanations all seemed to work out well for Kuni. He often forgot there was such a gap in knowledge between academy students and older shinobi. Even something that seemed as simple as this could be a subject of confusion for youths. The same way many young children didn't understand addition and the like. Everyone had to start with the fundamentals. Kuni seemed well-equipped to handle her coming exam after she'd spent some time learning, though. 

"That's exactly right. If you have any other questions, you can come by tomorrow morning to clear things up. Or you can ask other people or even your classmates before the test," Ruto informed her. He would let her bring his academy notes with so she could study before she went to bed. The academy days were so busy. The rigor of going to lessons and practicing, training as hard as you could to prepare to become a shinobi. It made youths exhausted. He remembered having to stay after class to help many of the people who graduated with him. 

"I can walk you home," they agreed. "Here, would you like to ride my shoulders?" 

Whether she did or didn't, Ruto helped to walk her the rest of the way to her home, hopefully ready for her test in the morning. 
has written 141 posts