Marshes to TidesJul 5, 2021 13:00:57 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you

Toru was too focused on the technique to put the monster six feet under, to respond promptly to Kuni. It seemed though that his sword landed, and after felt like many moments to Toru, when it was actually only a few seconds, the boy would pull away, calling away the mist as the monster fell to the ground or tried to, his body certainly slumped over but the seal kept him standing awkwardly despite being more or less dead, there would be no way he could survive one hundred precise stabs to his vital organs no matter who he was.

In the end, Toru would seal the deal while he was still out of it - or dead - and chop his head off too. No point in risking it, he had met people like Kuni after all, who knew what kind of people existed that could survive just about anything. He wouldn't risk it. He would finish the job and after that, he would sheath his sword and call off the mist. The adrenaline would slow and so would his heart rate.

I... Toru-chan that was a lot.

What did you expect me to do? Sit back and relax?

I suppose not... I'm impressed though. I mean, you two took care of that thing rather well.

Team work I suppose.

Good to know you're good at it.

I wasn't always.

Toru's red eyes would find Kuni.

"Alright, let's catch up to our supply wagon."

Han has written 2,374 posts
Marshes to TidesJul 6, 2021 8:36:21 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

Kunikunosaku aided in holding the supposedly dead man but she didn't either to risk it. Following her shout, Toru proceeded to decapitate the man... monster... thing and the girl couldn't help but smile. Vigorously pulling her arm and threads back, the creature was awkwardly leaning over, slumped, headless, and dead. "Some dumb threat." The girl muttered as she kicked and stomped on the thing's back, tearing the Achilles tendon and breaking bone until he was on the ground, his feet were surely stuck in place. Overkill? Maybe. It made better than walking around the man as she walked over the broken corpse, the mist Toru had set was gone now.

Toru stated they should go find the supply wagon and Kuni nodded. "Understood." In her mind, the chain was clearly flip-flop on who had led the duo; in Kuni's mind, they definitely worked better like this anyway. "Remembering what she said, I don't know if she ever stopped or she is up ahead waiting, by a lot." Kuni explained before running in the direction the cart moved. Matsui, don't do anything dumb, we're coming. The girl thought as she raced forward, hopefully, Toru was in tow or right behind her, either way, it was comforting working with a powerful ally... if only she knew though.

It easily escalated in the upward of a hundred meters before Kuni saw the cart, still speeding off. "Guess she's really spooked, how dumb to go farther without us." The girl thought out loud as she continued her pace. The benefits of not needing anything gave her never-ending stamina. She didn't look back, a hundred or so meters were nothing to most shinobi, there was no doubt in her mind Toru was out of breath. Exponentially, the distance closed before Kuni shot both hr Long Limbs at branches, stopping before pulling back. Slowly, he backed up, bending the opposite branches before jumping and retracting he still connected limbs. The girl sling shot herself the rest of the way before landing atop the cart, startling Matsui.

"Pull over, he's not getting back up." The white-haired teen spoke and Matsui nodded, stopping the cart, Kuni looked back to watch Toru incoming. "We made good distance today guys, I'd love to keep going but I'm not sure if you guys or the horses need rest." The younger Mikatakujira turned over to Toru, "What do you vote for? Rest or keep going?" Kuni knew better than to ask Matsui, she would almost certainly choose rest, or whatever Toru chose. She was almost too easy to read whereas Kuni took a lot of guesswork.

The girl looked over at the horses making a ruckus and panting slightly, she grabbed a bag of carrots, ready to feed both of them, They are probably tired. I think I don't know, horses are weirder than people. Kuni jumped down from her usual post to meet Toru at ground level. Well? Kuni thought, feeling like he's purposely keeping them in suspense.

TEMPbyAi ♥

Enemy:
Deceased Known Info:
Male, 6 feet in height.
Theorized Primary: Taijutsu
Theorized Secondary: Bukijutsu

SAs-

Unnerving Presence: The desire and bloodlust emanating from this individual is enough to put those in a 45 Meter radius into a form of shock, the mere chakra presence begetting a sense of dread and fear.

Demonic Strength: This foe has inhuman amounts of strength, able to hold a horse-drawn caravan to a standstill. The true extent is yet to be seen but it is theorized of Tai Primary strength of a Jōnin.

Stacked Against: As a God of War, a Berserker revels in war and finds strength in it. For every extra opponent on the battlefield that poses a threat, a Berserker's offensive power (strength, speed, and reflex) increases. The bonuses are capped by rank with Genin capping at double, chuunin at triple, and jounin at quadruple and are increases only to the practitioner's base.
attack | Genin (25% increase per opponent), Chuunin (50% increase per), and Jounin (75% increase per)
defense | Genin (25% increase per ally), Chuunin (50% increase per), and Jounin (75% increase per).

Nerves of Steel: Moving a large body, the individual needs rapid-fire muscles, tendons, and ligaments to maintain full control of their body granted by the boon of its god. Along with a faster musculoskeletal system, the individual has heightened durability to this, allowing for his muscle fibers to be near steel strength.

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME:Nagai-shi no Jutsu [Long Limb Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu | Hijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
By utilizing their kinjutsu, the user will extend on of their limbs. They can then direct the limbs to attack opponents with the maximum length of the limbs being 35 meters. Along with lengthening the limbs themselves the user can move a mass of tendrils and a heart with them into the limb, allowing it to act independently from the main body.

EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jul 6, 2021 8:37:48 GMT -5
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
Marshes to TidesJul 6, 2021 11:20:47 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

One hundred meters wasn't remotely a long distance and so they would arrive at their location quite quickly, and Toru already feeling the effects of the adrenaline moving away from his body dispersing the energy into the earth, meaning, that he was for the moment tired. Though it seemed as they would stop and speak to Matsui about the horses, his cup was beginning to refill already. The boundless energy was still something that he was adjusting to. He already had natural reserves before, but with the bijuu, it had exponentially increased his potential. So much so, that he found himself in shock at times at what he was capable of doing and how much he was capable of pushing himself.

The question about the horses was posed, and the boy paused in thought. He could keep going, but that didn't mean that the horses could, and if they needed another quick getaway for the cargo, well, the horses needed to be fresh.

"Mm, I could keep going. But, it is irrelevant what we are capable of doing if our means of transport keels over..." He paused looking at their terrain. They were probably about halfway, almost to Tea Country.

"We're about half way, no? This would be a good point to set up camp. Kuni, you can take the first watch if you'd like." He didn't care who took which watch...

Marshes to TidesJul 9, 2021 18:02:33 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kuni took another silent note that he looked tired for a brief moment before a 'spark' of energy came back in his eyes. It made the girl mentally happy she didn't appear to be the only one to fatigue easy, as to why he had more was confusing but whatever. The white-haired teen looked over to Matsui upon hearing his answer, "That is right, we have been traveling all day and despite there being two, I can't imagine they can go much farther without some reprieve..." The girl turned back to Toru who stated they were about halfway now. Kunikunosaku tried to mentally map where they were before speaking. "Yeah, Yu no Kuni is big but I'm pretty sure we are easily halfway if not more... Matsui, we're going to take a rest stop here. Get these guys to water, I don't want to delay any more than absolutely necessary." The girl stated as she took the pouch, feeding the horses each a single carrot before moving to give the pouch to her senior.

The white-haired Mikatakujira moved quick to gather rock, twigs, and leaves to make a very small campfire, but she withheld from lighting it, there was still sunlight and she didn't need it, Matsui and Toru were a different story. "Yeah, I can take first watch. That's not a problem." Kunikunosaku stated as some black tendrils poked and snaked across her skin. The Chūnin pushed the cart from the back to suitably hide from the plain sight Matsui left it. "My Doton isn't good enough to make a small shelter and I'm not sure if Matsui packed tents on account of... my uh, specialty. You can ask her and if she did, you guys can pitch them, but I'm not sure if you'd want to cuddle instead so we can quickly continue." Once preparations were complete and Toru and Matsui figured the lounging problem, Kuni took to the branches to start her first watch.

Threads crawled out of her and formed a black figure with a heart of its own. The process was quick, and as soon as the monster was formed, it disappeared into the shadows, effectively creating a second guard. Okay, all set, now I can simply watch.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Kowai Samashi [Scared Awake]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu, Kinjutsu
HANDSEALS: None
DESCRIPTION:
A basic technique used to create a 'Grudge' from any number of hearts a user is storing.

With a small pulse of chakra, threads will push the corresponding mask(s) from the user's body, creating a 'Grudge' in the shape and size of a larger-than-life man. The first of this line of techniques with considerable ability, along with the strength to create more than one, a user can use it as a medium for C-Rank or lower techniques of its affinity. Possessing physical strength lesser than that of it's creator, they can be used to perform basic tasks, some even choosing to grant their 'Grudges' weapons. At this stage, the amount of chakra used to maintain a grudge is still near unnoticeable, but can become tiresome if maintained over an extra-ordinary amount of time.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Marshes to TidesJul 16, 2021 10:20:47 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Since Kuni was so full of energy, Toru had suggested she take the first watch, it would allow her ample time to relax and do whatever it was she was doing. Maybe put out some of that energy effectively too. For now, though, the horses would be put to rest and Toru would find himself a tree to nest in. Strangely, preferring a vantage point to slip in as opposed to a more vulnerable position on the ground. This way, he could hear potential intruders before they show up in their little camp, proper. Despite Kuni taking the first watch, he thought it would be best that he made sure he was still assisting to the best of his ability.

It seemed that he didn't care about the fire and the tents... That didn't mean anything to him, he didn't need it and so he ignored Kuni's comments as he often ignored many things.

"Well, good night." He'd murmur and without another word would seemingly close his eyes and fall into sleep soon thereafter. Mind floating in the aquarium of his companion talking... Mostly existing in silence though. Toru's dreams had been odd recently, somewhere between total darkness and visions of Isobu. Speaking to the turtle, receiving knowledge from the beast. It was strange.

Somewhere, in the middle of the night, Toru would slowly peel himself up from the tree to wake up and jump down from his tree to find Kuni, messing around with the makeshift fire that was now mostly hot ember and coal.

"Ready to take the second shift," He'd mutter, the second shift would go into the morning before they'd set off.

Marshes to TidesJul 16, 2021 20:45:31 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

For better or worse, Kuni took her position in the tree, the Grudge created was off watching another area to once again leave Kuni to her own devices. The white-haired teen paid no attention to the boy as he spoke nights, as quiet as he was, she wasn't sure if he was attempting to notify Kuni or her cousin and driver, Matsui. All of the Kunoichi was focused on her surroundings, trying to perceive any danger that may come to them. The sound of the life falling asleep around her was an irritating convenience. While the world slept, she did not, could not. Years of endlessly being awake taught her people had a fuse, while she herself was an endless reactor of fire. It made night missions for her all too easy.

"Psst, Kuni!" A sharp whisper was stated after the sun was long set. The Mikatakujira stopped her watch after deeming it safe to jump down and walk to the fire. "What now?" The girl complained in a hushed tone as her eyes met with Matsui, lying in a sleeping bag. "Stop bitching and hear me out." Matsui said, a tired but devious grin on her face. "Should I- you know?" She quietly chuckled as she pointed over to where Toru dwelled. "First off, ew, second, I'll be taking that Suiton heart when he shish kebabs you." Kuni stated in her usual tone, clearly sending a chill down the older teen's spine. "He won't do that, I'm too important... right?" Kuni sat by the fire, gripping the smoldering embers in silence, further dissuading her cousin.

It was hard but a snap of a twig and crunching of leaves made the younger Mikatakujira smirk softly, "Good morning sunshine." She muttered before Toru came up, stating he was ready to start his watch. Masui quickly rose from her bag before speaking boldly, "Good, let's get going, Toru-ku... san!" Kunikunosaku shook her head, rising to her feet. "Alright, nothing to repo-" A blood-curdling screech could be heard in the distance, Kuni turned her head towards the direction it came from. A loud crackling was heard before an explosion.

"Take that back, it found something." "Can I say I hate those grudges?" "Preaching to the choir... Toru!" Kuni stated, before bolting to the source. "Toru, I'm coming too." Matsui stated, watching her cousin race off.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

JUTSU(S) USED:
C-Rank Grudge maintained

Grudge Used:
NAME: Raiton: Kaminaridama [Lightning Release: Thunder Shot]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Raiton
DESCRIPTION:
A simple technique based almost entirely on the Suiton: Teppōdama, the user focuses chakra into their gullet before firing a sizable ball of electricity which travels for about 30 meters before exploding. When it reaches its max range or hits a solid target the ball of electricity will explode in a 3 meter concussive blast, as well as electrocuting anything nearby.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Marshes to TidesJul 19, 2021 19:54:05 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru was about to disappear into the tree line to take his own watch to allow some time for Kuni to recuperate and not necessarily have to be as alert as she would have to have been during her watch. But, it seemed that he didn't need to go very far, as there was a screech in the distance, followed by an explosion. The world was unusually cruel, it seemed. They couldn't possibly have had a smoother mission with fewer encounters. That would have been nice, he wasn't lazy but a mission without any conflict was always preferred as it meant less chance of actually getting killed, and with the rank that this mission was... Well... It was always a possibility.

Not with me on your side!

I'm not sure I can borrow what you have to offer without completely losing it, yet.

Well, we'll work on it sometime later, hm?

Toru sighed and nodded seemingly to absolutely nothing before he would draw up his katana and start moving in the direction of the noise. Matsui saying she wanted to come with, Toru's brows would knit in annoyance.

"No, get the horses attached back to the wagon and start the trip. There's no point in delaying our movement anymore." Especially not with enemies apparently coming from the woodwork left and right.

last edit by Kaguya Toru on Jul 19, 2021 19:54:23 GMT -5
Marshes to TidesJul 20, 2021 18:07:35 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Unsurprisingly, Matsui pouted her lips at the denial of coming along but nodded her head at Toru's command, "Got it, boss!" Matsui said with an odd pepin her step as she went to wake the horses and make preparations for the journey.

Kuni raced towards the sound of the noises as fast as she possibly could, before falling over. A sharp pain in her chest as she smacked her head against the ground. No... No... you dumb idiot. Kuni weakly rose to her feet, clutching her chest. I'm going to kill them. I swear on my damn life. Kunikunosaku looked ahead, eyes focused to her goal as her threads tore around her eyes. A step forward and Kuni clenched her chest again. Where is it? ... Gone, now shut up. The girl thought as she fought through the pain. It took all her might to get back moving again, but once she did, it was like a bat out of hell.

Upon reaching the area, she saw the smoldering smoke off the tendrils lying on the ground, a ball of fire dying in the center, the smell of burning flesh haunted the air. "We got it... What the fuck was that thing, dad?" "I don't know... Best not to focus on that thing boy... I know that cart is somewhe-" The man started coughing to the point he coughed out blood. "Dad! You're getting worse, we need to find that medicine now!" The Mikatakujira watched from the trees, looking down on the two as she weaved three hand seals, forming numerous ball-sized wisps of burning ash in a large radius. However, that was the extent, of the ability, for now. "Boy, get ready." The older man weakly said as he recovered his breath.

Kuni awaited for Toru's lead, eyes staring at the man as he tried to look for the source. "Shinobi are coming." "Really? Maybe we can reason with them!" "There's no reasoning with whoever's coming. Only one woman could make a thing like that." "What, who?" "Yōsai-" "Look, over there!" The younger boy said as he pointed to the trees. "Get back and don't touch those things!" The older man warned as he looked to the trees and saw white hair before anything else. "You got to be kidding me..."

TEMPbyAi ♥

Encounter:
"Dad"

Specs: ??
SAs: ??
A man standing at 6 feet, 2 inches, not much is known but he does have some background knowledge of the 1st Taki Lady.
Wary of shinobi.
On a mission to get medicine from a scheduled cargo shipment.

"Boy"

Child companion clueless of the world, standing at a small 4'11".
On a mission to help his dad get medicine from a scheduled cargo shipment.

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

JUTSU(S) USED:
[Grudge killed, Raiton affinity lost]
NAME: Hotaru no atsumari [Firefly Gathering]
ELEMENT: Katon
HANDSEALS: 3
REQUIREMENTS: Katon: Shikai
DESCRIPTION:
Developed from Katon: Shikai after doing the handseals the user channels chakra to create numerous floating wisps of burning ash in a diameter of one hundred meters. The size of the wisp is about the size of a golf ball and after being created they don’t do anything more than just float in the position they have appeared in. Since they are made of burning ash touching them could cause minor burn though the special thing about them is that after doing another hand seals the user could ignite them and make them burn hotter allowing them to cause up to second agree burns.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Marshes to TidesJul 20, 2021 23:11:25 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru would eventually arrive at the tree line, where the obvious banter was going on. Didn't take a genius to hear the not-so stealthy attempt to get closer. Toru was not usually one to feel any sort of emotions, and seeing this duo didn't really tug at any heartstrings, but he was a bit confused as to why a grown raggedy old man was dragging around his younger son. They had obviously killed that thing that Kuni had summoned or attempted and now they were in quite a pickle. Probably because Kuni wouldn't be particularly happy with the situation. It was a bit of a suspicious situation. He would perform a few hand seals... Just in case.

"You two..." Toru jumped out of the trees then, his sword was still drawn. He wasn't going to allow for a single moment of weakness on his part. But, he would give them the opportunity to run away as clearly they were a bit more coherent than the last thing they had encountered.

"Run off, and don't return and we won't kill you." He spoke for Kuni, despite the fact that she might have decided to kill them already. But, it seemed that in bits she was allowing him to take charge of the decisions in the mission.

Oh? No killing? Unusual for you.

Learning from the best... To have some mercy.

You flatter me Toru-chan.

"I'd rather not though, it's too much work," Toru added. It wasn't an insult, he was just genuinely over it and wanted to get home.

Marshes to TidesJul 21, 2021 22:09:44 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

Kunikunosaku looked at Toru, before returning her gaze at the duo below. "Don't turn your back on them, they are just trying to trick us!" The apparent father shouted, presumably to his apparent son? Whatever, Kuni didn't care for their relations, all that mattered right now was the mission. Unfortunately. "We're giving you the chance to turn tail and run. Why do you bother trying to stay?" Kunikunosaku stated, a callous tone in her voice, brimmed with repressed rage. Yet, the man was outspoken by the boy. "Please! My father and our hometown are very sick, we came when news of medicine was passing by, please spare some for us!?" Kuni looked over the two, trying to see if she can tell what affliction they were speaking of. "Boy, I told you not to try!" The man stated in a harsh tone before vigorously coughing, spitting up blood before regaining his composure.

"Let me guess... a respiratory illness, common symptoms include vigorous coughing leading to regurgitation of blood, already taking some lives and spreading fast. Papa dearest caught it so you're trying to get some medicine for this... Tuberculosis." Kuni explained for them causing a wide-mouth expression from the boy. "Yes! How did yo-" "Ask your father, if he uttered that name, he knows exactly who I am." Kuni raised her eyebrows as more threads pulled away, cracking tears around her eyes. "Rather... Ask him where he's really from to know that name in a land so far away." The Chūnin stated, her eyes now honed on the man.

"Why haven't you sent us away yet?" The man asked, ignoring the conversation to return to the point. Kuni scoffed and glanced at Toru before looking back. "We already told you to beat it, I'm just entertaining the boy till you do as we say." "Damn Mikataku-" "Dad, why do you know her?" Kuni looked back and forth between the two as they looked around. "I don't know who's worse, you, or that arrogant ass Ryū." The Mikatakujira laughed. "So you admit it, you're a Takigakure Nuke... Well hate to break it to ya, Yōsaiyama is dead." The man froze, furrowing his brow as he clenched his teeth. Kuni stood up from crouching on the tree branch. "Ummm... does that mean we can have some medicine?"

"Mmm... You guys just gave me a secondary objective... hell no." The girl stated as she raised a handseal, causing the orbs to glow violently. "Wait!" Kuni smirked once again as another handseal formed caused the glowing wisps to gather around the boy, swirling around him. "No! Don't hurt him!" Kuni looked at the man as he hurried to weave seals of his own. "We warned you to run." Kuni weaved the final seals to force the wisps to glow and unstable red, before closing in and detonating like a barrage of fireworks. The man blew a strong gut of wind at the direction of the boy to reveal he had already created an earthen armor.

Kuni narrowed her eyes at the sight, it was the same trick that one girl used at the Exams. "Take the boy, I got the nuke." Kuni stated at Toru as she jumped down from the tree, already ready to spring into combat.

TEMPbyAi ♥

Encounter:
"Dad"

A man standing at 6 feet, 2 inches, not much is known but he does have some background knowledge of the 1st Taki Lady.
Wary of shinobi.
Confirmed Takigakure Nuke.
Jutsu(s) Used:
NAME: Fūton: Daitoppa [Wind Release: Great Breakthrough ]
ELEMENT: Fūton
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
This is a relatively simple technique that creates a sudden gust of wind, but its scale varies greatly depending on the user. If used by a superior shinobi, it has enough destructive power to knock down a large tree. The wind from the squall can blow away all things in the user's line of sight. A variation of the technique involves a smaller blast of wind which gets ignited with flame.

"Boy"

SAs: Quick Handseals, ??
Jutsu(s) Used:
NAME: Doton: Yoroi [Earth Release: Armor]
ELEMENT: Doton
DESCRIPTION:
This technique coats the user’s body with stones, making them much more resistant to attacks. While using this armor, the stone layer can be manipulated to form blunt weapons for stronger attacks. One can also change their appearance with the stone layer. It also seems that this armor is heavy and makes the user less quick.

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Hotaru no atsumari [Firefly Gathering]
HANDSEALS: 3
REQUIREMENTS: Katon: Shikai
DESCRIPTION:
Developed from Katon: Shikai after doing the handseals the user channels chakra to create numerous floating wisps of burning ash in a diameter of one hundred meters. The size of the wisp is about the size of a golf ball and after being created they don’t do anything more than just float in the position they have appeared in. Since they are made of burning ash touching them could cause minor burn though the special thing about them is that after doing another hand seals the user could ignite them and make them burn hotter allowing them to cause up to second agree burns.

NAME: Hotaru no mure [Firefly Swarm]
HANDSEALS: 1
REQUIREMENTS: Hotaru no atsumari [Firefly Gathering] or Hotaru no seichou [Firefly Growth]
DESCRIPTION:
A simple jutsu that when activated as long as the user has the target within eyesight or is able to sense their chakra signature makes the wisps of ash from Firefly Gathering or Firefly Growth home in on the target and float around them.

NAME: Hotaru no Bakuhatsu [Firefly Detonate]
HANDSEALS: 2
REQUIREMENTS: Hotaru no atsumari [Firefly Gathering]
DESCRIPTION:
The jutsu allows the user to feed more chakra into the wisp of ash making them unstable and gain an increasingly reddish glow. This causes after a short moment for them to detonate in a small explosion. Due to the size of them each wisp when exploding only deals minor damage and burns when it connects with a target more so if they were previously ignited.

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jul 21, 2021 22:10:23 GMT -5
Marshes to TidesJul 22, 2021 10:20:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru blinked at the duo, it was strange that they weren't taking their warning or heeding their call. It would have been better if they just turned and ran for it. Had he been outmatched in a wilderness situation like this, he might have chosen to run for it, but that wasn't the case he was awkwardly lingering waiting for some kind of verdict to come of this.

Somehow the conversation turned, and Kuni knew these people? Or at least the father? Toru sighed inward, why was this all so dramatic and why did Kuni know random people out in the wilderness this far away from her home village? It was a very strange thing.

Maybe she's friends with everyone?

I doubt that it's the friends part, she isn't exactly...

The silence grew in Toru's head as Kuni started to attack the duo. Apparently, the father was a nukenin, which meant that Toru had no qualms with the attack, but with the boy... Toru couldn't quite get it sitting right in his gut to kill outright. He seemed to be genuinely an innocent bystander.

It was unusual for him to feel this way, but nukenin or not the kid clearly didn't get it. Or so it seemed. Either way, Kuni tried to blow him up and there was earth armor. Kuni, jumping back to take on the dad, telling him to take on the kid.

Toru groaned and approached the kid with a single leap.

"You still have a chance to get away, I'm not so sure about your pops but... Run and I won't try to catch you. Try to live a good honest life, or else then someone like her will be coming after you and that's the last thing you want."

Toru felt empowered saying these words as if positive energy was oozing out of him. It brought slight discomfort, but it seemed that Isobu was contented for one reason or another. Enough to be notably changing the aura that Toru carried with him for the moment.

Marshes to TidesJul 22, 2021 17:11:09 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

The boy released his earthen armor once his father's jutsu was completed, watching as the girl seemingly targetted his father after commanding the male with her to "take care" of him. The boy stared in horror as the boy leaped to him in a single bound. The boy looked at the white-haired male as he explained he still had the chance to run, live a good life so no one like that girl would come after him. He frantically looked at his father then back at the boy. "Stop her, my dad is a good guy, please! I'm begging you, if anyone can, surely you of all people can! Please, don't let her kill my father! Please!" The boy stated as he fell to his knees, sobbing at what is happening. He didn't want this, he just wanted to get his father medicine.

It didn't take long for Kunikunosaku to launch herself at her opponent. The man was so much faster however and he quickly struck the incoming girl in the face. "Hitoshi, just ru-" The punch didn't stop Kuni in the slightest, she gripped the man's arm and pulled herself to launch a powerful kick to his face. Kuni tried to backflip away but the man quickly recovered and grabbed her leg, slamming her back to the earth, weaving a quick series of handseals before reaching for her again. "If you can give us medicine, we'll go, just please stop fighting!" The boy yelled before slamming his head on the ground. Kunikunosaku pushed herself off the ground and gave Toru a stare. Why hasn't he gutted the kid yet? The girl thought as she felt a tug on her leg. Turning to look at the man, the girl chuckled slightly. "If you want it, take it." Tendrils exploded from where the girl's leg was to bind and constrict the man.

"Why don't you listen? I said stop!" The boy yelled once more before quickly weaving seals and slamming his hands on the ground, summoning and jutting spikes around him in a two-yard radius. To his folly, the spikes wouldn't get close to his father or his attacker, Toru on the other hand was closer. Kuni was too preoccupied to notice as the man suddenly switched places with a thick tree trunk. The girl growled in anger as she pulled herself up, releasing the log so her leg could kick it away to keep it from falling on her.

"I'm getting sick of this, everyone dies." The girl stated as she weaved a series of seals before her threads exploded, a sense of dread covering the radius of 10 meters around her.

TEMPbyAi ♥

Encounter:
"Dad"

Wary of shinobi.
Jutsu(s) Used:
NAME: Kawarimi no Jutsu [Body Replacement Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After performing the necessary hand seals (one post prior to the technique's use) and locating a nearby object within a 10 meter radius (typically a log or something of similar size to their body.), the user switches places with the said object just before an attack lands, creating an optical illusion. During the small interval where they have left their opponent surprised, they may take the time to attack or flee.

"Boy"

Jutsu(s) Used:
NAME: Doton: Hōshajō Gosunkugi [Earth Release: Radial Spike]
ELEMENT: Doton
DESCRIPTION:
The user will first perform the hand seal, after which, quickly thrust their palm towards the ground. By manipulating the earth, they will create a radius of two yards all around them; spikes that are incredibly close yet not touching will appear in different angles with a pointed tip. The epicenter will be a safe zone, and all around two feet tall, large spikes will appear from the ground.

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Jigoku Haaku [Hellish Grasp ]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
ELEMENT: --
HANDSEALS: --
TRIGGER: --
DESCRIPTION:

At any point on the user’s body, hundreds of tendrils will quickly burst from their body to attempt to envelope a nearby opponent (within 5 meters). The tendrils will wrap around their body, or parts of their body and burrow into their skin.

NAME: Shukuteki [Nemesis]
CHAKRA USAGE: High + low drain
HANDSEALS: 9
REQUIREMENT: EGF Hijutsu SA
Large Chakra Reserves
DESCRIPTION:
An evolutionary adaptation powered by chakra, Shukuteki by itself does nothing except unlock the malevolent adaption Jiongu can accomplish in Kunikunosaku's body. A visual identifier this is utilized is a seeming explosion of thread activity crawling and flailing around the user. Before the user strikes, there can be a feeling akin to dread and murderous intent in a ten meter radius around the girl. Like a predator ready to pounce, this stance allows any and all 'Nemesis' jutsus to work, without this, none of the techniques that require this stance can even work.

EQUIPMENT USED:
Marshes to TidesJul 24, 2021 11:09:54 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Toru was getting tired of this encounter, he was certain that this could have been resolved without an attack had it not been for Kuni's impatience and now they were stuck in a pickle all because she wanted to fight. But, the purpose of their mission was not to fight. It was to transport the wagon and defend it. They were not anywhere near the wagon, in fact, had they ignored them Matsui would have likely been able to get very far away before they were able to remotely catch up.

The white-haired boy had seen the type of illness that this kid's father had. Coughing up blood... Kuni had mentioned it, and it was exactly that. There was no cure for it. No medicine in the world could cure the degeneration of lungs and frankly, Toru didn't want to get anywhere near the guy since the sickness was highly contagious.

"Kid, there isn't a medicine that can save your dude. You two have it all wrong..."

That was until Kuni decided to make it worse and started attacking MORE for some reason, which prompted the boy to unleash spikes made of Doton all over the area. Toru weaved out of the way, but it seemed that the spikes weren't really successful in impaling him anyway. It was as if they were bouncing off of him. Still hurt, but didn't draw blood.

"Thanks..." He grumbled, pulling himself up to stand on one of the spikes before looking towards Kuni.

"Can you cut it out with the bullshit?"

He didn't quite understand the feeling he got, it was... A very strange sensation, somewhere between dread and combativeness. Mostly because the emotion was being forced on him, and Isobu was fighting it immediately. This caused Toru to clench his hand, he was flickering with red chakra it seemed. Sure, he had some control over himself, but this was overstepping his level of control.

"Kuni. Stop. Now." Was he about to fight his own teammate? This was a mission... It was either that, or he knocks the kid out and goes back to Matsui whilst Kuni runs around like the idiot she was.

His gaze turned towards the older male.

"There isn't medicine for what you have. You'll die, everyone dies. What we are transporting isn't going to help at all."

He was managing to push away some of the feelings he had, long enough that the red chakra subsided. But some of the animalistic features remained.

Tsk. Pisses me off.

Toru-chan, you really should control your emotions better.

She's doing everything wrong. Impatient brat.

It's not worth it, Toru-chan.

I know... I know...

Marshes to TidesJul 24, 2021 13:04:44 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

"What? You're not serious, are you?" the boy said, trying to process the information the male stated. "You're serious..." The Doton spikes slowly crumbled as he fell to his hands, curling into a ball. "No. No... Dad run! There's no point! Just ge-" As the boy yelled, he grew into a coughing fit. Kuni was festering with anger, her eyes locked on the father. His momentary lapse of shock as he turned to his son, "No, not you too. Wait, why is there a gnawing feeling?" He looked back over to his assailant and began to back step away, eyes wide with fear. Toru shouted at Kuni, telling her to stop, causing her to turn her gaze to the boy and him. "Fine, the kid can go, I'm under orders from my Lord. Leave, both of you, you're just in my way." The girl stated as she completed the second seal set and vanished in high speeds, the man in his fear barely saw the girl as he felt a sharp pain through all the shock. Standing next to him was the girl, promptly piercing her hand through his stomach, pulling back the threads and ending her initial jutsu. She pulled her bloodied arm out before falling to her knees.

The strike itself wasn't lethal, "Both of you, run while you still can." The man coughed up blood before weakly taking a few steps back. "Dad, run!" The boy shouted as he body flickered out of sight. "Go, say your good byes before you succumb to your wounds and illness. Bringing him here damned him to your illness, consider this your final goodbye." Kuni said as she struggled to stand. The man did just that, following his son's movements. Leaving the two shinobi in peace. "You would have showed no hesitation if it was a nuke from Kirigakure, so don't think you're taking the high road on this Toru. You wouldn't have left the kid either. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you, nor do I understand what's going on in your head, but that red chakra. Just because you're similar to Etsuko and Akira does not mean you are above anything. You are just a damn weapon, I'm no idiot to what you are, but I know you are just as monstrous as me. Go to Matsui, get out of my sight right now, I could have taken his heart to replace what he destroyed." Kuni yelled, falling back to her knees.

"I'll catch up later but consider this the last time I allow Mikatakujira medicine, the bulk of that cargo, to go into Kiri. We'll complete the mission, I'll file Takigakure's report when we're done, but don't be surprised if the alliance weakens rather than strengthen." Kuni stated, the cold, callous monotone back. More than ever, she just wants the mission to end.

You're dead to me, you aren't the person you were and you won't ever be. Kuni thought as she went back to focus on gathering her strength.

TEMPbyAi ♥

Encounter:
"Dad"

Wary of shinobi.
Considered dead post thread.
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

"Boy"

Illness transmission of Tuberculosis.
Jutsu(s) Used:
NAME: Shunshin no Jutsu [Body Flicker Technique]
DESCRIPTION:
By invigorating one's entire body with chakra, a shinobi can seemingly disappear and reappear in another location faster than most people can see. Often times one's movements are disguised with the use of an extra element, be it a smoke bomb, leaves, water, sand, etc. in order to hide the user's trajectory from those with skilled eyes. Though it mimics teleportation, it is important to remember this jutsu merely boosts the agility of its user. As useful as this technique is, it can only be used 4 times in a battle thread, compounding in exertion and difficulty each time. with any more usages beyond that result in muscle tears in the legs from overexertion. The hand seal for this technique must be held until the shinobi reaches their destination, making it impossible to utilize other techniques regardless of any preparation.

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

JUTSU(S) USED:
NAME: Shukuteki [Nemesis]
CHAKRA USAGE: High + low drain
Large Chakra Reserves
DESCRIPTION:
An evolutionary adaptation powered by chakra, Shukuteki by itself does nothing except unlock the malevolent adaption Jiongu can accomplish in Kunikunosaku's body. A visual identifier this is utilized is a seeming explosion of thread activity crawling and flailing around the user. Before the user strikes, there can be a feeling akin to dread and murderous intent in a ten meter radius around the girl. Like a predator ready to pounce, this stance allows any and all 'Nemesis' jutsus to work, without this, none of the techniques that require this stance can even work.

NAME: Shukuteki: Asashinsutoraiki [Nemesis: Assassin's Strike]
Large Chakra Reserves
Shukuteki (ACTIVE)
DESCRIPTION:
Malevolent Jiongu activated and in a frenzy, Kunikunosaku readies her body for an individual quick and precise movement. This boon allows Kunikunosaku to increase her drastically increase her speeds within Jiongu's limits. This burst of speed only lasts an extremely short duration (one post) and thus is only meant for a singular killing strike, hence the name. While this gift still allows her to access all her abilities, it will stun her for a post following as the threads need to reconvene from their chaotic activation. Another limit is she can only do this around five times per thread, due to wearing of the body beyond limitations.

EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jul 24, 2021 13:05:24 GMT -5
Marshes to TidesJul 24, 2021 14:04:28 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

With the two running away, Toru wasn't really sure what was going on other than Kuni acting weird - as per usual - before promptly giving him a speech.

Toru stared at Kuni now just the two of them.

"You have no jurisdiction in this land, any more than myself. Our mission isn't to take out nukenin, especially not ones that did not get in the way." It would have been different had it been a nukenin from Kirigakure that had directly assaulted them, or if it had been their mission. Though, Toru was exacting, precise. He would have only taken out the target, nothing and no one more. That was his nature. For her to make such vast statements that were incorrect, well, it showed how little she actually knew of who he was. The exams had been an outlier, he had come with a killer's intent because he knew that was what would be accepted in his home village as a true show of being a shinobi.

He didn't know who Etsuko or Akira was, but he continued to stare at Kuni as she fell to her knees.

"Maybe you should be more careful with your hearts," It was quite genuinely not his problem that Kuni went and got her 'extra heart' stabbed. Though, perhaps she should act more like those with one singular heart, more carefully and guarded.

"You have no say in where your cargo goes, nor do you have a say in the alliance. Though, cute that you seem to think so. But, if it does weaken. It certainly is telling then, of Takigakure's view of how missions should go. Apparently prioritizing anything BUT the mission is very important."

Toru rolled his eyes then and started to turn towards the trees, leaving Kuni, he didn't really know what was going on with her and frankly based on how she was acting he didn't care.

"Get over yourself. Take a bit of your advice - you're not above anyone, you're just a weapon. So act like it. The mission above every other objective."

They had strayed from their objective, by going to stop these two people who had come across Kuni's recklessly scouting grudge. Something that would have only been made worse if Toru had not stopped Kuni, or had not stopped Matsui from coming along with them. Even more so? What was the point in killing an already dead man? There was no honor in it. To take out an enemy that was not at their strongest was weak and disgraceful.

Toru would disappear into the trees and appear back at the wagon to sit next to Matsui.

"Keep going, she'll catch up." He'd mutter, they still had to finish getting the cargo to the docks and from there onto a ship and finally unload it in Kirigakure but that would take the rest of the day and Toru didn't intend on any more hiccups or to stray from their objective.

Toru-chan...?

Yes?

I'm surprised at you, that you didn't lose it.

I guess - I didn't say this but - I'm trying to prove myself to you.

Well, you're doing a pretty good job of it. Maybe I'll grant you more control later if I'm feeling fancy.

Tsk, good to know.