Those Little Legs (Ren)

compose a reply
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 29, 2021 18:53:32 GMT -5
Ren
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation
Asahi quickly tended to the wound in his hand and with his medical knowledge, that was a very simple task. The more complex task, however, was to make sure he had some source of light for when he ventured inside the cave, but then again, the Genin was rather crafty and quickly came up with a very good solution. Confident with his own preparation, he would venture inside. Once he was there, he would walk deeper and deeper into the cave, hearing the sound of a hundred legs crawling around the place, but the echo inside the cave made it hard to pinpoint its location.

As he walked, however, he would come across a plethora of bone remains. Some from humans, some from animals, it was an almost even proportion. Then, as he continued a bit further, he would hear an echoing voice that rumbled like thunder. "You are bold... And stupid. To venture on my cave... Shall you become my next meal?" the voice didn't sound human, there was a guttural tone to it that no human throat could replicate. It was enough to send shivers down the spine of the bravest individual. Once the voice was heard, the sound of the steps ceased completely, and an eerie silence took over the place.

Almost like the calm before a storm.
Ren has written 286 posts
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 30, 2021 17:15:16 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
His idea to make the torch had worked. Science wins again. As he went deeper into the cave, that satisfied smirk and smile changed to alertness. All around him it sounded like there were a bunch of legs crawling around, echoing throughout the cave. He was in a cave so that wasn't that far off. Who knew what type of creatures of the dark had made their home here.

Fear returned to the boy's being when his foot lightly crunched something underneath it. He didn't have to look down to know what it was, the sea of jagged white in front of him showed him. The genin found himself in a lake of bones, all varying in size. Some were animal...some were human. Before the genin could decide to turn back, a booming voice echoed around him.

Shit. All but Asahi's trembling legs froze at the voice. The rest of the cave seemed to freeze with him, the scuttering of legs now silent. Do something. Say something? Run. Anything. The genin's fight or flight responses wrestled each other.

"I-I hadn't planned on it. I-I wasn't aware the cave had an owner..." The first words that came to his mind, honest words, softly escaped the boy's lips. They slipped out and he wanted to smack himself. The grip around his torches tightened as his eyes darted around, looking for any sign of what could be speaking to him.

He had expected a large bear, or something like that. But this, creature? Person? Thing? From the sound of its' voice, it was something else. Something more dangerous than he expected. The genin tried to brace himself the best he could through the fear. If he was going to be a meal, his predator was going to have to work for it.
Notes:

Techniques + Items Used
INCARNATION OF MANY HANDS SA (ACTIVE)
R2 = Holding Torch 
L2 = Holding Torch 

INCARNATION OF MANY HANDS (ŌORIGAMI CLAN HIJUTSU)

THE RIGOROUS TRAINING FROM HIS MOTHER WHO TATTOOED THE SEAL ON HIS BACK, GAVE HIM ENOUGH EXPERIENCE FOR THE EXTRA ARMS THIS HIJUTSU BRINGS TO FEEL NATURAL AT THIS POINT. ONLY ABLE TO MAKE TWO, HE USES THEM TO HOLD EXTRA WEAPONS, AND ASSIST IN OTHER WAYS INSIDE BATTLE, MEDICAL TRAINING, AND IN EVERYDAY LIFE. HOWEVER, HE STILL HAS MUCH FURTHER TO GO, WITH MORE ARMS TO COME IN THE FUTURE AND MORE WAYS TO GET QUICKER, STRONGER AND BETTER AT UTILIZING THEM.

Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Dec 30, 2021 17:16:01 GMT -5
Milu has written 379 posts
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 30, 2021 22:06:19 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
Shortly after the boy responded, a giant shadow approached. The noise he had been hearing from before, like a hundred little claws scratching on stone came from the creature that towered above him like an imponent fallen god. It's 180 segment body looked like exposed flesh, gray with pink, purple, and red, glowing in a pulsating fashion and its massive legs were white and look like jagged bone. Lining the fist five massive body segments leading to the head were a collection of skulls that seem embedded into its terrifying skin.

But the worse part of it all was its face: the colour of the head matched the the color of its body, with long gray antennae curving upward. Three wide white orbs of eyes looked down upon the young Genin. "Tell me, sack of flesh, why should the great Heiou spare your life?" the creature asked.
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 31, 2021 14:49:03 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Deep from the cave, a shadow approached. That little bracing the genin had mustered, failed as the shadow got bigger and bigger and bigger. It was then that his brain put it together. The scuttering of legs he had been hearing weren't a bunch of different creatures...it was this thing, one thing. To call it that would be putting it too lightly. A monster?...A demon?

Its label didn't matter to Asahi at the moment. Terror challenged his legs, who quickly gave in and brought the boy to his knees. He looked at the monster of exposed flesh, and the skulls lining it's back. The long sharp antennae that came from a face that matched the texture and color of it's body. It looked like some sort of giant...insect maybe? But Asahi was too terrified to care.

Heiou as it revealed it's name was, asked him why he should be allowed to live. For a moment, the boy didn't answer. He was still too in shock, dread coursing through his body. This couldn't be the end. Nonsense, it was going to be the end.

His curiosity had led him astray and now he was going to pay the ultimate price. He was going to be forgotten in this sea of bones, before he even accomplished much of anything! Frustration began to bubble up underneath the terror. Did he even have a good reason? The genin's brain scrambled as he felt the clock for a response ticking down. The monsters three white orbs for eyes felt like they were staring through him, like he nothing more than an ant.

Asahi words came out defeated, but honest. "I-I-I don't know if there is one...no, there isn't one. People are born and die everyday...I'm insignificant. But up until this point, I've been fighting against that. I spent my time learning and observing everything I could about this world around me so far, and I've gotten far, but there is clearly so much more. So much more that I couldn't even imagine! AND IF I LIVE, MY PURSUIT WILL BE THE SAME! TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN, UNDERSTAND IT ALL, INCLUDING YOU, AND BECOME ONE OF THE RARE HUMANS THAT CAN USE THAT TO SHAPE THE WORLD I'VE LEARNED FROM!" Asahi exclaimed in desperation. The shift between desperation and hopelessness was constant.

"Yuuta, it's a shame, I didn't even get to try and grant you immortality or become the medical shinobi you promised I would. Kawa, I'm sorry I couldn't change you. Mother, I didn't even get to eight arms, not even close to the potential twelve..." the boy responded, softly trailing off into his goodbyes and regrets. He was still too terrified to stand, too terrified to move. A last ditch effort crossed the boy's mind.

"I-I know I'm just a human b-but is there anything I can offer you in exchange to spare me?" After it came out of his mouth, it felt like a stupid question. What could he offer the demon in front of him? He was buying time, buying a few more breaths and clinging on to his life, like most humans would.
Notes:

Techniques + Items Used
R2 = Holding Torch 
L2 = Holding Torch 

THE RIGOROUS TRAINING FROM HIS MOTHER WHO TATTOOED THE SEAL ON HIS BACK, GAVE HIM ENOUGH EXPERIENCE FOR THE EXTRA ARMS THIS HIJUTSU BRINGS TO FEEL NATURAL AT THIS POINT. ONLY ABLE TO MAKE TWO, HE USES THEM TO HOLD EXTRA WEAPONS, AND ASSIST IN OTHER WAYS INSIDE BATTLE, MEDICAL TRAINING, AND IN EVERYDAY LIFE. HOWEVER, HE STILL HAS MUCH FURTHER TO GO, WITH MORE ARMS TO COME IN THE FUTURE AND MORE WAYS TO GET QUICKER, STRONGER AND BETTER AT UTILIZING THEM.

Tag: 

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Dec 31, 2021 14:54:23 GMT -5
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 31, 2021 15:29:05 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
The creature didn't even flinch at his words, almost as if they were not really reaching him, and yet, he was not devouring the boy immediately. No, he indulged on his desire to speak, and once he was finally done with his screaming, his begging, his bargaining, the creature approached its face to him, showing its mouth, with the saliva drooling from it. It felt like the end was coming indeed.

Only it didn't.

"You intrigued me, puny human. You claim you want to understand me, you claim you want change, and immortality even. Interesting. Very well, human... I may find it in my mercy to spare you, but you will need to kneel before me and when you rise, you will be my servant. Make a choice." the creature said, without sharing any details of what this servitude contract would entail.
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 31, 2021 17:44:32 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
The creature didn't respond initially. Asahi let out a breath of a light laugh, as R2 and L2 dropped their torches. He prepared for the worst. He watched the monsters massive mouth open and felt acceptance wash over him. So this was the end? His brief life flashed before him, from the first moments he could remember as a child, to using his blood to come into this cave.

But with a blink, Asahi realized he was still there, alive. And the creature spoke.

It offered the genin mercy...at a price. Asahi blinked a couple of more times, confusion joining his terror. Its servant? What did that mean? Would he be stuck in this cave forever, being forced to live in the sea of bones instead of join it? But regardless of what the servitude entailed, did he even have a choice? It was that or death.

He had to do what he had to do to make it out of this cave alive, right? Conflict rolled around in the boys stomach. Something about this felt wrong. Off. Like something was warning him that death may have been the better alternative. But right now, he was alive and wanted to live longer, wanted to see more, learn more. There was too much left out there for him to heed that warning that clawed at the back of his mind.

"I-I-Uhhh," the genin stammered before rising from being on both knees, to being on one knee. "Ok," he agreed from his bowed position, head down. Once he was away from this cave, maybe he could just forget about it. Something also told him that wouldn't be the case.

"But w-what does that mean? How can I serve you?" Asahi asked through trembles. He would have to do what he would have to do to get out of this cave alive. Anything after that, was a secondary concern.
Notes:

Techniques + Items Used
R2 = Dropped Torch 
L2 = Dropped Torch 

Tag: 

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Dec 31, 2021 17:45:02 GMT -5
Those Little Legs (Ren)Dec 31, 2021 17:58:28 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
He accepted it, and the creature seemed somewhat pleased, but when asked what his servitude entailed, the creature seemed to get upset again, and with a quick and swift move, it slashed one of his wrists open, making the crimson blood pour out. "Learn from this now. Never question me, for you are but a lowly servant! Now, sign the contract with thy blood." the creature ordered, as a smaller centipede approached, shaking in fear.

The smaller one carried a large scroll and once it placed it in front of Asahi, the Genin could easily recognise that as a summoning contract. "I want to rend this world asunder, and through you I will see it. Now sign it and leave my sight, for I had enough of you human for today. And always remember who the servant is, for my mercy can be redacted just as easily." he warned the Genin.

He needed to not only sign the contract, but also tend to his wound shortly after, otherwise he would bleed to death.
Those Little Legs (Ren)Jan 1, 2022 13:51:32 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Again, Asahi was punished for questioning things, but it was his nature. It happened so fast, he barely saw what the massive creature had used to cut his wrist open. It took another second to register just how deep and urgent that issue was. When the pain rushed to him, he fell from his bowed position to the fetal, clutching his wrist with all three of his other free hands.

He let out a yell in pain and shock as he watched the red from his wrist start to spill through. He barely comprehended something about a contract.

The genin's eyes darted from his new wound, to his new master, until a small centipede approached him with a large scroll. ~Keep pressure on the wound, keep pressure on the wound-~

The genin's mind was all over the place, but when Heiou spoke, he looked back up at the massive centipede to listen. He didn't give the boy an answer, but he gave him a whiff of his purpose. The first demand his master gave him was simple. Sign the contract. His golden eyes moved down to it, now in front of him and rolled out.

It was a summoning contract. Of course he knew what that was, but he had never given them much thought. Looking over it, there were no other names on the scroll. But he didn't have time to look at the contents too long. He needed to act fast. He took his real right hand off of the wound and used R2 and L2 to replace it. With his shaking right hand, already supplied with blood, he wrote his name on the scroll.

"Understood...master." Asahi said once it was done, and struggled to stand. He left R2 on the wound and used L2 to gather his bag and grab one of the torches next to him. Then he stumbled away, but only made it ten feet or so. He had lost, and was still losing a lot of blood.

His body still trembled but now it wasn't from fear. This one was uncontrollable, the body's response to the damage. Finally, it gave in, and the boy fell on his stomach. R2 and L2 deactivated, seemingly being sucked back into the tattoo seal on his back.

Heiou's warning was proving true already. Was he...going to die anyway? Sign himself away...only to die? Mercy redacted over a question? Asahi felt so weak, physically, and in the grander sense. In the presence of Heiou, that was true.

The boy's consciousness slipped away in waves, until it was complete darkness.
Notes:

Techniques + Items Used
INCARNATION OF MANY HANDS SA (ACTIVE)(DEACTIVATED AT END OF POST)

Tag: 

Those Little Legs (Ren)Jan 1, 2022 14:18:23 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
Asahi was falling unconscious and the creature didn't even flinch to help him and soon his whole world became darkness and cold. Was that what death felt like? It certainly did feel like. Asahi's memories like a fading light in his mind, moving way too quickly for him to focus.

And then there was the silence and peace.

But even that wasn't ever lasting. The boy would eventually open his eyes and find himself just outside the cave, which was now blocked by many rocks that had fallen beside its entrance. He was dizzy and weak, but somebody or something had tended to his wrist. It was burning and itchy, but it had been stitched, albeit so poorly it would leave a scar. Near his body, the scroll he had signed, a proof that whatever happened to him, was not a dream, but real.
Those Little Legs (Ren)Jan 1, 2022 14:41:16 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
The cave floor was cold. His whole body was cold...But when what he thought was death finally embraced him, it was warm. So this was what it was like. The idea of himself began to slip away...but then it was like he came falling, rushing back to himself. His eyes darted open and he gasped, shooting to sit up and look around.

He regretted that, dizziness and the weakness in his body hitting him. As his memory pieced together, his golden eyes went to his wrist. It was...healed? It was burning, itchy, but stitched up. It was a rough stitch up, but it would do.

The genin was so confused, but glancing to his side and seeing the scroll he had signed along with his things, told him that it wasn't a dream. The cave he had entered was now blocked by a bunch of rocks. He was still so confused. Who had healed him? Did somebody else find him in the cave?

Asahi struggled to a stand but eventually found his balance. He gathered his things with his real hands, being too weak to activate his clan's hijutsu again. Then, he began his trek back to his canoe. He needed rest, and didn't want to rest anywhere near here. Didn't want to see the inside of a cave for a while, if ever again. Didn't want to see that monster, ever again.

He stammered down the path he had came, crossing by the bush where the leg was. Now he knew what had caused that, and he didn't dare grab it to take back. He wanted to try and forget that demonic creature, as soon as he could. But again, something in the back of his head, told him that wouldn't be an option.

Once, he finally got back to his canoe, he let himself fall into it, the water gently rocking the boat. It felt nice, relaxing, so he went back to sleep. He would get back to Konoha after another long nap...

[END]
Notes: Thank you for NPCing the thread for me Ren!

Techniques + Items Used

Tag: 

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Jan 1, 2022 14:42:13 GMT -5

quick reply

compose a reply