The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]

compose a reply
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 3, 2022 15:55:32 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

It wasn't often that Yakitsukeru could find a lead on the elusive bastard she had caugh rumors of in her time. Having made her way to Bird Country the girl was honestly more confused than she was anything by the information she recieved while moving around. She had been searching for an old hermit of a shinobi who she had heard peculiar rumors about. A skill that he knew that she wanted him to teach her as best as she could recieve such training from him... though she was certain it would take some level of convincing.

None of that mattered if she was broke though. Of course, she could survive rather easily off the land, but hunting was tedious and took away from the time she could spend progressing between towns. So she had taken a job to clear out a route of bandits that had covered it, no real big issue... probably. Now deep into the country of the land of birds she was working for bounties. It wasn't like this had been unexpected either, food pills and the like could only last for so long before one forgot the meaning of the food they were trying to get.

Kneeling a distance from the area where the bandits were said to show she hunkered and gave a subtle hiss and a click, her snakes freeing from her clothing as she made to send them out and scout. It was not a foolproof type of surveilance, but the girl was honestly getting better at having her companions assist her in the simplest of ways. With Mitsuda having shown her the potential inside of sage mode as well the girl was more than keen on the matter of learning how to use her snakes in a more functional manner. That could wait until after she found this master who was hermitting in these parts.

Waiting in hiding, using the Invisibility Cloak, though basic, to keep herself hidden for sure as her snakes searched for these civilian criminals. Thats what she had been told they were from the job she took, but there was no telling. It was best to try and take precautions.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 4, 2022 10:27:23 GMT -5
Ren
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ren Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank occupation
Yakitsukeru remained well hidden with her simple yet effective technique. Her snake companions did the searching, but thus far, none of the bandits were found. It was still broad daylight, so maybe they were not so keen on showing themselves without the aid of a shroud of darkness, and that remained true as the sun started to set in the horizon. It may be frustrating, but as she had learned in the academy, patience is a necessary trait in a shinobi, and maybe this was her opportunity to exercise it.

With the orange painting the skies with the descending sun, would the girl continue to wait, hoping to be luckier at night? Or would she change her strategy and/or move elsewhere?
Ren has written 286 posts
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 5, 2022 3:02:46 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

The gambit of waiting had not worked like she had been hoping for it to, her snakes coming back to her after a time. Hissing out her agitation she would move away the absurd waste of time that the invisibility cloak had been and perform a hand seal to kill her weighted form to allow her to move a bit quieter she would slink to the ground and further into this apparent territory the bandits had taken. Unwilling to really waste chakra on a distraction just yet, the darkness helping her move mostly unseen.

"Where the hell are these morons…” Yaki would question to herself as she moved. Letting out a quiet hiss she would ask some of her companions to spread out in a radius around her location so that they could cover for her slightly. Moving around in a fast, but cautious fashion to try and help the search effort. She was prepared to start throwing bombs no matter which way enemies came from. She doubted these buffoons were going to be hard to dispatch if she was smart about it after all. Taking a shuriken out she would start etching a seal into its side, uncovered in the paper bombs that lined plenty of her weapons.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 5, 2022 12:47:56 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
With the advent of the twilight, the bandits started showing up in the area. There were a fair number of them, a little less than a dozen, and at least half of them showed up carrying some loot, meaning that whatever they went out to do was somewhat successful. They also seemed to be in good spirits, and feeling like they were relatively safe, they were bragging about their raid. Food, weapons, tools, they managed to get a bit of everything and they were now heading to their stronghold of sorts, further along the path.

The snakes warned Yakitsukeru about their approach a little before they arrived within her line of sight, and they were too oblivious to her presence. The girl remained completely hidden as the men moved around, some of them deciding to sit and rest for a bit, before heading back home so they could distribute their looted goods.
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 5, 2022 13:32:59 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

If this was her competition then the actual contents would be simple. Who needed to actually waste their time on anything as petty as fighting when she could do this... reasonably stealthily. Not that she had the idea that she was able to completely avoid a fight, but she could easily fight off one or two of these goons without lifting doing more than a kick or two as leverage. More than half a dozen... grown adults, she honestly couldn't tell if they were men or woman, but she didn't see any children so this wasn't going to turn into a mass murder of innocents at least.

Having been warned she would move out of sight so that she could stick to the edges of the camp, she didn't honestly feel a need for massive precaution, but waiting for this group of morons to sleep was absolutely a necessity. She needed them to be unconscious if she wanted to keep her hands clean... so she would wait. Once they were back into they were mostly out of sight she would attempt to take a long glance at atleast one of the men so that she could imitate the appearance for her plan. Civilians would be hard pressed to care about the work of someone that they knew moving around at night anyways.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 8, 2022 11:26:20 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
It was not hard to keep herself hidden from tired, overconfident bandits, who had just come home celebrating a successful raid. Carefully moving so she could be out of the way, Yakitsukeru patiently waited until they started settling down, preparing their meals and eating it, and then - little by little - they started heading into their tents so they could call it a night. Two man were left behind to watch the camp, but they looked rather bored and a bit sleepy. She had more than enough time to study their likeness and feel confident she could take either of their shape. Distracted as they were, and focusing the little attention they had in the distance, she could be quite certain they would not see her coming if she decided to take them down before transforming.

Of course, Yaki still needed to be careful on how she would approach this situation, for one of them could end up with enough time to sound the alarm. What would the young Genin do?
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 8, 2022 13:31:17 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki didn't explicitly need to approach the two on guard, and she wouldn't. It was a matter of principle after all. She was a damn shinobi whether she liked it or not, what reason did she have to simply not sneak over a wall and set her trap quietly. The havoc to be caused was not needed to be immediate. With that in mind she would move to the fursthest spot of the camp from the two men on guard and simply leap over the defenses they had in place. Her weight in a more natural state allowed her to be quick and quiet, which is what she wanted in this moment.

Sneaking between the tents she would begin to set paperbombs alongside the ends of the camp, all but a single larger tent that she assumed held the leader of this bandit grouping. She honestly could have interrogated any of these men and been fine with the results. It wasn't like any of these men would be able to figure out what actually happened when she was done. She chuckled quietly in an evil fashion to herself as she worked. Finishing the placements meant she could move onto the most important part! The actual acquisition of information.

Transforming into a bald, ugly fellow who was on guard just in case of survivors she would pull out one of the shuriken that she had attached a paper bomb to and etched a seal into.

"Boom," One word would hear her curving the shuriken between the two guards so that it would embed itself into one of them, performing the handseals and temporarily enlarging the shuriken she would then move her hands together into the universal sign she would need to use to set off the bombs. Starting with the shuriken in the distance.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 10, 2022 8:17:08 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
Yaki continued to sneak around, going past the bored, distracted guards and towards the tents, where she would sneakily place a paper bomb in all of them, except the larger tent, which she assumed belonged to the leader. Once this was all set up, she would then transform into one of the guards and then, after positioning herself, she would throw a shuriken with an explosive tag in between the guards.

Before they could react, the chain explosions started and the only other sound that could be heard was that of screaming agony as people were maimed and burned by it. Some people would run out of the blazing tents as balls of fire, until they fell down to their agonizing deaths. From the main tent, the man who looked like their leader, scared and confused as to what was going on there.
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 14, 2022 13:16:51 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

It was like taking candy from a baby... or maybe easier? Honestly... how incompetent were these bandits for her to have gotten this far into things without so much as a fight? It was serious nepotism in her mind for them to be this unskilled and running free! Then again, this was a non-shinobi nation and it made some sense that they were so incompetent. When untrained villagers and city guard were your opponents you only needed to be so strong. Honestly with her having dismantled the camp so... actually she was kind of still in shock that it was this simple. Which her disguise helped her hide before she could pull herself back to reality.

A malicious smile filling her face, she didn't like fighting but had expected some form of it. Now with basically none to be had she would drop the pointless disguise she had used. The reason to transform had been in case things went awry.

Poofing she would spin and find her way rather casually towards the bandit captain, if he could be called that anymore. Smiling still in a calmer manner she playfully tossed her ball up and down, "I believe itsss in your bessst interessst if you anssswer my quessstions. What do you think Ssscumbag?"
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 16, 2022 8:32:33 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
The man's mind was confused, he never expected their camp to be taken down so easily, but at the same time, they were always careful not to mess with Shinobi. They knew that ninjutsu was completely out of their league, so the fact that this was happening now made no sense to the man. Still, in the midst of this chaos, one person approached. At first, looking like one of his underlings, but now she took the form of a mere child, but a rather intimidating one, especially with the added context.

The man was sweating cold, so when his gaze found her cruel, crimson eyes, he felt shivers running down his spine. The man dropped to his knees and bowed. "Whatever you want! Just don't kill me! I beg of you!! if there was once pride within the heart of that man, it was now long gone.
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 17, 2022 15:33:23 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

What was this feeling she was getting from this man's begging? Euphoria? Happiness? No, it was something closer to childish glee, that excitement you would get when you finally achieved something that you had so frustratingly been stopped from doing... freedom. Finally autonomy that she could revel within! She was blissful in that position of power over this man, this was power... little as it was, this was what she studied and spent all of her time towards working on. All of the stress that she had been forced to experience and the abandonment, it was all to let her shed that weakness and become stronger.

"Quite your sssniveling. Tell me where the Blind Tattoo Monk resssidesss, I am told you have an underssstanding of their location. You have long blocked thisss road, ssso you mussst know sssomething," Yaki would speak bluntly to the man, not even entertaining the thought of sparring him. The bounty had not stated to arrest the bandits, it had been to get rid of them. They were rodents that the government thought to perform pest control on. It was an intriguing point of view from a country full of civilians with no affiliation to war and shinobi military.

The ball was one she was ready to use still at any moment. The fire around her illuminating her shadow and crimson eyes over the man.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 17, 2022 22:43:16 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
The man was shaking in fear. He was ashamed as well. This child was clearly a shinobi, and despite her age and looks, she had destroyed his encampment and killed his underlings. He had to take her seriously and as a real threat, even if it brought shame to him. Still, he was too attached to his own life and he knew that once he spilled out the information, he would have outlived his usefulness.

Gulping, he looked into her crimson eyes. "I know of him! I do! Let's make a deal, shall we?! You... You let me go and I tell you where to find him! Sounds good right? It's fair, right?!" his tone was that of a beggar, but he was trying to bargain for his life. His livelihood had been destroyed, yes, but if he kept his life, he could start over somewhere else, further away from shinobi villages.
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 19, 2022 10:23:12 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Banditsss trying to bargain, oh now thatsss new. What happened to all the bravado your sssupposssed to have! Ridiculousss, ssspinelesss banditsss... honessstly," Yakitsukeru was not sure if she should laugh or become outraged that the man was trying such a blatantly rude form of escapism from his situation. Admittedly, Yaki was impressed he at least had self-preservation on his mind but that wasn't something she needed. She didn't need a bandit that wanted to live, she needed the information he was holding and she would get it one way or another.

"I will bite for the moment, ssscum. You live on a thin margin though. If you ssso much asss make one movement that isssn't you directly leading me to the Monk your remainsss will be untraceable. I hope I am perfectly clear, now get up and move I will not sssay that twice," She would hiss, her snakes converging the edges of her sleeves to repeat the seeming venom in her voice with their own outcries of rage and disdain.

Yaki was still planning to dispose of him once his usefulness was up, but if he tried anything, or she caught on to him leading her astray she would have to anhilate him like she had his clan of thieves... useless lot they were.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 20, 2022 11:50:59 GMT -5
Ren
Ren Avatar
groupnull
Her words fed the man's fear and his terrified expression never left his feature. He knew what she was capable of now, and all he wanted was to survive, and if the price for his life was information on where that weird hermit lived, so be it. The man nodded his head emphatically and then he started walking towards the mount to the northwest. "T-that hermit you mention l-lives over there..." he stuttered as they walked towards it.

Yaki would continue to follow him for a good half an hour as they went up the mountain, up until a hut could be seen in the distant. The man would then stop and turn back to face the girl. "O-over there... H-he lives over there... L-let me go now. Y-you... You promised!" he said, trying to speak on a firmer tone, but failing miserably.
The Ascetic Path [Bandit Clues]Jul 24, 2022 2:43:11 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Walking had given her a little bit of time to think, and a lot of time to decide if she was going to kill this man or leave him alive. Really she had left it to him, she liked the selfish side of people; it was honest.. almost to a fault. His fear was almost palpable in the air as she moved forward with him, letting him lead from a comfortably uncomfortable pace from her. Just far enough back that she would not get caught in her own paper bomb jug.

As the hut came into view she would hiss in excitement. Looking to the bandit leader, "Be a deer, and ssscramble. If you are not out of my visssion in the next five sssecondsss we are going to sssee if my throwing arm isss fassster than your ability to sssprint. Go," Yaki would say pointing off to the left into the distance. He would need to hightail it away from her if he wanted to live, but that was not her problem. Her problem was what she could expect from this blind man that she was about to be interacting with.

Ignorance was blissful, but bliss was just another way to die.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here