A Weekend Dinner [Kohana]

compose a reply
A Weekend Dinner [Kohana]Jul 18, 2022 22:42:46 GMT -5
Akamine Yoko
‘‘I only work as much as I need to.’’
Akamine Yoko Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday March 21st rank Genin occupation

"That doesn’t sound half bad.” She replied with a relieved sigh. She hated getting hurt, but it always felt nice to be healed after a rough day. When Kohana reached out to pat her head Yoko let her, but she did shoot a glare back at the teasing comment, cheeks reddening as her eyebrows furrowed.

"I’m plenty tall already.” She grumbled.

Yoko looked at Kohana in silent disbelief as she pulled out her notebook. No way was she going to take any important notes in that state. "Hana-chan be careful, don’t drop your notebook.” She said, trying to not sound like a strict parent. The comment about money was a bit of a downer. Yoko wasn’t rich either and it often felt like for the work they put in, they weren’t compensated very well. Like just because they’ve messed up some missions all of a sudden their team is worth less to the village. That wasn’t exactly how it was, but that’s how it felt to Yoko.

"We’ll find good work.” She insisted, trying to remain optimistic despite their situation. "I mean, we have to…” She trailed off, gaze averting her friend and going back to the ground.

Fanthes has written 50 posts
A Weekend Dinner [Kohana]Jul 19, 2022 0:06:39 GMT -5
kohana
Act slow, react fast.
kohana Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday 2/9 rank Genin occupation
Kohana pursed her lips, before nodding. Putting her notebook away, she gave Yoko a tired smile.

"Yeah, you’re right. We’ll figure it out next week, I’m like this close to a coma.” She held her index finger and thumb barely a hair’s width apart, picking up her pace slightly. Glancing down at Yoko out of the corner of her eye, she couldn’t think of anything more to say at the moment. Maybe she was just trying to put off the coming week as long as she could? Or maybe she had something on her mind and was just too tired to figure it out right now?

Well, she wasn’t going to magic up any answers for anything dead on her feat. So, she focused on enjoying what was left of the short walk with Yoko until they had to part ways for their respective homes. When they made it back to the bridge they had met up at earlier, she brought one hand up in a lazy wave barely at chest height.

"Thanks again for the food, Yo-chan, it was ni-” She paused to yawn mid-sentence, sleepily rubbing at the back of her neck. "-ice hanging out. Catch you for sparring at the usual time and place?”
Xerpaderp has written 42 posts
A Weekend Dinner [Kohana]Jul 19, 2022 0:11:46 GMT -5
Akamine Yoko
‘‘I only work as much as I need to.’’
Akamine Yoko Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday March 21st rank Genin occupation

"Yeah, I had fun.” She smiled and covered her mouth as she too let a yawn escape. Her body was already aching with sore pain at the thought of sparring. Ninja life wasn’t easy. "The usual time and place.” Yoko repeated with an ironic unenthusiastic thumbs up.

"Sleep well Hana-chan.”

When Yoko got home her parents had already gone to bed, but had left a little snack onigiri out for her to make sure she wouldn’t go to bed hungry. Yoko stared it down for a few moments before packing it away to save it for later. Taking off her backpack, Yoko propped Wanimon up in his usual spot, petting his long alligator face a few times before letting herself fall into bed face first.

"Goodnight Wanimon-kun.” She said muffled into her pillow, one hand lazily reaching for the light switch as she tried to turn it off. After a few minutes she mustered the energy to get out of bed, hop into her pajamas and properly prepare for a good night’s rest. That was the one upside to being worked to the bone during training. Yoko hadn't had a bad night's sleep in a very long time.

Fanthes has written 50 posts
A Weekend Dinner [Kohana]Jul 19, 2022 0:16:25 GMT -5
kohana
Act slow, react fast.
kohana Avatar
groupnull
age 16 years old birthday 2/9 rank Genin occupation
"I’m passing out the second I lay down for sure.”

Kohana gave a short ‘hah’ of a laugh before parting ways on that note. When she made it to her own home, her own folks had also long since turned in for the night. It took all the energy she had to glance at the note left out for her, simply saying leftovers were in the fridge. Making a mental note to use the leftovers for lunch the next day, she left the note where it was as she stumbled into her room. Walking stick left at the doorframe, stripping down to clumsily change into pajamas, Kohana dragged herself through the motions of brushing her teeth.

Fifty strokes top left, then top right, then bottom left, then bottom right, then top middle and bottom middle - and repeating for the tips of her teeth and the backsides too. Well, that was her routine anyways - she was too tired to keep a proper count so she settled for simply 'close enough'. A quick rinse later she was stumbling over to bed, plopping down.

Just like she had said, she was out like a light and snoring away the moment her head hit the pillow.
Xerpaderp has written 42 posts