Monkey Business

compose a reply
Monkey BusinessAug 8, 2022 22:26:59 GMT -5
Nanashi Yuki
No mountain too steep, no valley too deep!
Nanashi Yuki Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 12 years old birthday 12/29 rank Genin occupation Gorilla Sage Apprentice

[Word Count]: 272
OOC Note(s):

There was getting up early.

Then there was being an early riser.

And then there was whatever nonsense this kid was up as the sun came up.

A habitual early bird, and not particularly comfortable as it was, Yuki popped up as soon as light started to filter over the campsite. She scampered off to the pond at the falls, needing to bathe and unwilling to let big tough Taki see how scrawny she was under her clothes.

In short order, she was scampering back towards camp, her hair plastered to her head and sprinting casually through the undergrowth, before she ran almost into a vine and paused, looking up into the trees.

They looked a lot more fun than the ground...

THUMP

"Ow."

Shuffle shuffle.

Patter patter patter.

THUMP

"Ow."

The cycle repeated a few times, the clearing slowly collecting dents in the underbrush and foliage as a certain someone plummeted out of the canopy and into the soft plants below, again and again, doing her best to keep quiet, but only managing so well, really.

Frustrated, Yuki almost gave up- but she saw a particularly nice branch up in the canopy, and it looked strong enough and straight enough to make a good spear handle. So... she got back up, dusted herself off... and got back to trying to rush up the tree like she'd seen Taki doing.

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Skills/Traits In-Usage]:
▣ | Passive | Relentless Resources (Enchanced Ch. Reserves)
▣ | Passive | Spider Monkey (Enchanced Speed)
[Items Worn[Passively]]: ▣ None
[Items used]: ▣ None
[Sennin Mōdō [Rotation]]:0 ▣ | [Deactive]
[Techniques Executed]:

Template "Borrowed" From Jian!
    Threnody has written 149 posts
    Monkey BusinessAug 10, 2022 19:35:40 GMT -5
    Taki Okada
    I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
    Taki Okada Avatar
    groupRock Shinobi
    age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

With the next morning now upon the two of them Taki would sleep as soundly as she could amongst the foliage they had made for themselves but as she awoke she’d hear the sounds of feet on wood and then the sound of a body hitting the floor. Curious the girl would make her way out of her small makeshift tent to find the girl attempting to run her way up the tree.

"Yo kid what’re ya doin?” she’d say looking to the young tyke as she watched her attempting to make her way up the tree. Upon closer inspection she’d notice that there were footprints lodge into the tree with that knowledge in hand made the girl think that she must’ve been at this for quite some time. Taki’s mind would flash back to the day before when she had used a similar technique to get up the trees to reach the peak of the tree tops. "So dats what she’s doing.” she’d smile a little knowing that she must’ve really left an impression on her.

She’d look around spotting her on the ground. "Well go on do it again?” the girl would say, egging her on to give it another shot Taki wanted to see her form to see if she was getting everything down properly using that technique was a mixture of speed and power too much power you’d sink into the tree too little speed and you wouldn’t be able to keep up your run.

"You'll be running suicides till ya legs give out.” however unlike the chakra variant of the technique this version was all about endurance which was something the girl was going to have to train up. Taki would take the Kunai that was left on the ground from carving up their meat the other night and would run up the tree towards the highest tree branch and carved a marker in it.

"Dere dats your benchmark.” the girl would say as she flipped off from the tree and landed on the ground. "And I want 50 of em by da time I get back." with that Taki would make her way off leaving the girl seemingly on her own. "And no cheatin." but unbeknownst to Yuki however Taki would craft a shadow clone after walking a short distance away, to watch over her to make sure she was following through with her lesson, the task was seemingly impossible but there was a reason for this.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
    ✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

403 WORDS SHORT NOTE
    deltra of gangnam style
    last edit by Taki Okada on Aug 10, 2022 19:47:08 GMT -5
    Meep has written 1,707 posts
    Monkey BusinessAug 10, 2022 22:03:19 GMT -5
    Nanashi Yuki
    Nanashi Yuki Avatar
    groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 289
    OOC Note(s):

"You wanna know..." Yuki panted. "What I'm TRYNNA... do? Or what I'm ACTUALLY doin..?" She sat up and brushed leaf litter off herself. "Cuz what I'm TRYNNA do is-" Aaaaand there Taki went up the tree with her own Kunai, marking a target height that felt like an entire world away from where she was standing right now. "... yeah, that. That's what I was trynna do. What I was SUCCEEDING at was falling on my ass! Er! Sorry!"

She did go ahead and give it another try when asked. She had the speed needed, like Taki said, but rather than having Taki's problem of too MUCH strength, Yuki had too LITTLE. Or at least was USING too little. She wasn't used to putting her all behind anything but weapon strikes and throws, and using enough force to keep her moving up the tree wasn't meshing well with her style. It wasn't a lost cause, just a hard lesson.

"Okay, I'll try t-FIFTY?!!? WAIT! TAKI! HAVE MERCY! WHERE'S YOUR HEAAAAAART?!?!?!"

But she was gone.

Yuki yelled, wordlessly, just venting frustration as she stomped around and threw handfuls of leaf litter into the air. "FIFTY?! Does she expect me to MAKE IT FIFTY TIMES?!"

The kid came to the base of the tree and stared up its side, squinting hard.

"... screw it. I'm doin' A HUNDRED."

And she got started on trying.

She landed flat on her back another two dozen times in a row.

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

Monkey BusinessAug 12, 2022 0:08:50 GMT -5
      Taki Okada
      Taki Okada Avatar
      groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As Taki went off she’d keep a sharp eye on the young would be sage keeping an eye on her to see just how she was getting on. After about 20 minutes the real Taki would make her way to a private waterfall where she would bathe herself under a waterfall for a brief moment letting the water run along her, there wasn’t any real form of soap so she simply needed to feeling of water on her body just to get the stench of nature away from her. During this time she’d think on everything that her and Yuki had talked about the night before thinking on how maybe she needs to stop being so melancholy about her situation.

Her loss at the Chunin exams had effected her to some degree perhaps in a way she hadn’t fully understood and when Souma had brought up the idea of only focusing on her failures perhaps she was right. She never really had the opportunity to reflect on her failures since she came from a world where she knew exactly what she was doing she was bred and born for it.

However out here as a shinobi things wouldn’t seem to be so easy, and the chunin exams had proved as such so perhaps in a way she was subconsciously letting it get to her but was slowly coming to terms with the fact that she shouldn’t it isn’t what her uncle would’ve wanted for her and she can’t be so downtrodden in front of her family, what would Goro think if he saw her like this.

After finishing her shower the girl would allow herself some time to dry her body off before placing her clothes back on. A short while later however Fudo would make his presence known having only just shortly arrived. "Ah there you are I had hoped I would’ve caught you as you were leaving.” Taki would look to the animal who had stood in the trees. "You weren’t–” "No.” his response was swift and quick not even wanting to entertain the idea. "I actually came to speak with you.” the girl who had just finished adorning her jacket would look over at him. "Dat so?”

Meanwhile back at camp Taki’s clone would silently watch over the girl to see just how her training session was going she had attempted the technique a bevy of times by this point falling on her rear to the point where she had probably gotten used to it by now. However the clone kept paying close watch and thus far admired her determination towards attempting to accomplish her goals.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

439 WORDSSHORT NOTE
      deltra of gangnam style
      last edit by Taki Okada on Aug 12, 2022 0:09:19 GMT -5
      Monkey BusinessAug 12, 2022 1:16:21 GMT -5
      Nanashi Yuki
      Nanashi Yuki Avatar
      groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 287
      OOC Note(s):

THUMP

"... I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD IT WITH YOU, TREE!"

Yuki stood up and ran over to kick the tree right on the roots. It didn't do anything to the tree, of course, but she felt a little better as she steamed and seethed, staring up at the obstinate, unbeatable tree trunk. She'd scrambled so many times, fallen so many times... her butt was numb.

Did she even have a butt anymore?

She couldn't tell, since she couldn't feel it. Maybe not.

Defiant, determined, she hurled herself at the tree one more time, scrabbling and scampering upwards. She felt gravity trying to reassert itself and rebelled, yelling wordlessly as she didn't just scramble faster, but finally scrambled HARDER.

"I'M NOT.

LOSING.

TO.

A DAMN.

TREE!

SORRY!"

Every new phrase she howled, she hauled herself higher, nowhere near as smooth, as graceful, or as fast as Taki, but she wasn't falling- entirely- back down. She backslid now and then only to howl refusal and tear her way back upwards, at one point clamping on to a branch with her teeth while her hands found purchase again!

Finally- FINALLY- she made it up to the marked branch and fought to her feet, shrieking triumphant peals of laughter as she hopped and danced in place- only to sit and relax peacefully for a few minutes.

And then?

She spat out some bark flecks and dusted her hands off. "There. Only ninety nine more to go."

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

Monkey BusinessAug 12, 2022 12:09:26 GMT -5
        Taki Okada
        Taki Okada Avatar
        groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl watched over her student she’d noticed she had expended all of her energy in an effort to try and simply make her way up the tree just the one time she seemed ready to try again but just by looking at her Taki could tell that she was having a bit of trouble understanding the lesson her determination was admirable but due to the manner in which she accomplished the task the tree was now riddled with indentured footprints and as such would make it even harder if not impossible to continue up the tree being too hasty was inherently her mistake.

She made it up the tree but her understanding of the technique was still incorrect for if it were done correctly she’d be able to make her way up the surface without harming the tree. The perfect amount of strength and power, the true key to this lesson was patience but now that she had effectively made a mess of things how would she continue forward? The clone would watch and wonder.

Meanwhile Fudo and Taki continued their discussion in the forest, Taki stood at the bottom near the waterfall whilst Fudo was up wthin the trees. "So…you left a shadow clone to look after her to see how she’d faire with a test that is meant to assess her patience for a difficult task. An interesting take.” Taki would look towards Fudo after staring out at the ground. "Yeah I didn’t have a lot of it eitha but after Miss Midori showed me what was gonna happen to me if I didn’t do it da right way." the girl memory would harken back to a meeting she and her instructor had, had back in the forest of the forgotten a large cemetary of apprentices who had been turned to gorillas and then to stone due to their failure to properly harness their sage energy. "I figured dat patience should be da foist lesson any sage loins.”

Clealry she had thought this through and her forethought to the situation had put a smile on the old apes impressed face. "You're learning, very good.” he’d say. "Didja tink I wasn't, I’d like ta tink I pay attention, sometimes at least.” she’d say with a snicker shaking her head a tad whilst Fudo’s words sunk in. "But I ain’t outta da woods yet…da real test comes in seeing if she can pass her trail.” the girl had said feeling a bit of a renewed sense of confidence in herself from Fudo’s compliment a feeling of optimism, the ape would look down at the young sage a proud but stern look on his face.

"Just remember you can only give her the keys to success.” the revalation that she could only do so much weighted on her just a tad she knew she could only do so much and had very little time to do it in, but this only furthered her resolve. Ultimately it will be up to her to unlock her own potential he would reiterate reminding Taki of exactly what her goal should be during this trail and that she too is being tested, remembering this Taki would not to the gorilla. "Understood, Anyway I'm getting out o here its almost lunch time and I'm starvin.” Taki would prepare to head off turning on her heel ready to head towards the lions den but before she got too far away the ape had one last message.

"Taki...be careful...there is a gorilla in these forests larger than even the tallest trees should you see him run his name is Nobunaga and he is nothing short of a demon." Taki had been told this before by Midori the dangers of the ruined western forest where a legendary ape was said to live she never went there herself but if it was enough to make Fudo's blood run cold he must be one fierce creature.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

454 WORDSSHORT NOTE
        deltra of gangnam style
        last edit by Taki Okada on Aug 12, 2022 12:23:36 GMT -5
        Monkey BusinessAug 14, 2022 12:41:19 GMT -5
        Nanashi Yuki
        Nanashi Yuki Avatar
        groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 338
        OOC Note(s):

THUMP.

"WHAT THE HELL.

SORRY."

Yuki sat up and stared up the tree trunk. She hadn't made it nearly as far as she had even the other times she had been failing. There were chunks of bark missing now, and instead of being easier to grab, when she did, it just peeled more bark off and broke her grip. She'd made it once, sure- but it wasn't like rock climbing. Holds she found or made didn't necessarily last until the next time. And not only weren't they useful, but they were actively hindering her ability to head back up the tree now.

"Fifty times?" Yuki muttered. "How's that supposed to work if the trail collapses behind me when I go?"

She thought about that a bit, rubbing her butt and pretending it wasn't increasingly sore every time she left a new indent in the soil below. She'd have to keep trying, but she needed a better strategy. Trying to just mimic Taki without understanding what she'd done wasn't working. To Yuki, it'd seemed like she'd just shot up the tree unassisted.

Well, footwork could propel her up, but she'd tip backwards if she tried. So that was the trick. Figuring out how to resist that backwards push so her force moved her up, not away from the tree.

Yuki started to try along that logic, trying a few different things- using her hands on the trunk to only keep herself from falling backwards, trying to grab the bases of branches as she scrambled up to keep her against the tree- and moved to the other side of the tree where she hadn't totally scarred it up to see if her new techniques would work at all.

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

last edit by Nanashi Yuki on Aug 14, 2022 12:41:41 GMT -5
          Monkey BusinessAug 14, 2022 13:43:47 GMT -5
          Taki Okada
          Taki Okada Avatar
          groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl’s clone looked over at what the young apprentice was doing she stifled a laugh from having to hear her fall down and swear at the tree as if it were its fault, but humorous as it was she was wondering if the girl had begun to figure out what the purpose of the lesson was. Taki would note this and shake her head.

Admittedly her determination was admirable but Taki already knew just how much fight she had in her however the time to test that had not come at least not yet. "Cause your movin too fast.” the girl would think to herself. "You're crackin unda da pressure.” she’d mentally emphasize so long as she understood that the task was daunting she’d know that patience and calmness was what she would need.

As all of this went down the real Taki would be out in the wilderness heading towards a small encampment in the forest where deer were know to graze. Upon spotting one she’d be careful with her movements not wanting to alert it, and shortly there after gave chase Taki hated it when they ran but after chasing down the beast that managed to rum remarkably fast Taki was able to catch up to the creature and put it down with a mighty suplex, crushing the poor animals spinal cord but thankfully putting it out of it’s misery before Taki needed too.

With that Taki would make the long trek back to camp, her clone still watching over her to see if she would either figure out the point of the task or keep going and run her body ragged into the ground. Knowing how stubborn the girl was she figured that she'd more than likely keep at it until she broke and given that she'd more than likely been running on adrenaline it was probably only a matter of time before she sputtered out thank goodness for those chakra reserves at least.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

331 WORDSSHORT NOTE
          deltra of gangnam style
          last edit by Taki Okada on Aug 14, 2022 13:50:26 GMT -5
          Monkey BusinessAug 14, 2022 14:21:54 GMT -5
          Nanashi Yuki
          Nanashi Yuki Avatar
          groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 244
          OOC Note(s):

Neither patience nor calmness were things Yuki had much practice with. Patience was supplanted by determination- since she usually managed to overcome by refusing to give up, patience didn't really factor in. She was running full throttle, all the time, every time. And calmness?

Well, her umpteenth wordless screech of frustration, howled into the ground after she faceplanted, said about all it needed to about how good she was at staying calm so far.

The one thing that was showing as she kept trying was consistency. She didn't give up- though that was far from the same thing as patience- and it was obvious that every change she made was deliberate. She wasn't failing to do the same thing- she was altering the thing to try it in different ways, and her consistency in the things she wasn't changing was observable.

Finally, things seemed to come together, but too little, too late. She was run absolutely ragged from- as mentioned- running the throttle wide. When she made it up for only the second time out of the 50 she was supposed to manage, she flopped on the branch and groaned.

"Who knew a tree would be so tricky."

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

Monkey BusinessAug 14, 2022 15:26:05 GMT -5
            Taki Okada
            Taki Okada Avatar
            groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl landed on her butt for the umpteenth time and remarked that she didn’t expect it be so tricky Taki’s clone would poof just as Taki had made it back to camp. "Dats because I neva expected ya to actually do it.” the girl would say as she dropped the large deer that she had brought back to camp onto the ground before fishing out the Kunai she had on her from out of her jacket pocket. "The point o dis exercise wasn’t about you being able to accomplish it, it was about teaching ya how to stay calm under pressure.” the girl would look up at the marker she left.

"I saw dat you only managed to get up there once…and dat was on one of ya foist few tries.” the girl looked up at the riddled tree that was completely marked up with her foot prints and understood exactly why it looked the way it did. "But you were too hasty…and ended up ruinin ya foot path.” she’d kneel down towards the young girl who laid down on the floor.

"Being a sage ain’t just about being determined…ya gotta have patience and remain calm…otherwise it’s lights out.” the girl would say, making it very clear what she meant by the words "Lights out.” being a sage was a daunting task and if one didn’t have the patience to actually undergo the training it could cost them their lives. After making her statement Taki would stand up and turn about getting their breakfast fixed for the two of them. "I’m gonna make us some venison and after we’re done we’re gonna give it a go together a’ight, together.”

With that Taki would begin carving up the meat the terrible scent permeating the environment as it always did "Mothafucka.” the girl would say as the awful odor wafted into her nose. "Go wash up kiddo food’ll be ready soon.” after the girl left she’d craft another clone that would create a water catcher system that would allow them to have a little bit of hydration, Kami only knows she’d need it.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

362 WORDSSHORT NOTE
            deltra of gangnam style
            Monkey BusinessAug 14, 2022 16:37:43 GMT -5
            Nanashi Yuki
            Nanashi Yuki Avatar
            groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 282
            OOC Note(s):

Yuki turned her head, still upside down, to look at Taki as she arrived, frowning in surprise. "What? Why not?!" She scrambled and rolled over. "Did ya think I wasn't good enough t'get up there?! Cuz I made it!" Taki, of course, made herself understood a little later, and Yuki squirmed into a sitting position, frowning grumpily. "Okay, but. Seems like givin' me the wrong rules t'play by is like cheatin' a bit," she muttered. "But I guess that's teacher's prerogative, huh."

The kid looked a bit crestfallen to hear she can't just bull-head her way to success. It'd worked for everything else, so far. But Taki was clearly right. She couldn't be Determined enough to get Senjutsu right. She had to be patient, take it easy, stay calm under pressure- or fuck up for the last time.

"Mmf. I wish I'd know that's what this was about," Yuki murmured, then paused, tilting her head. "Is the whole point to just be like "HEY STUPID. You don't even know how bad you're messin' up so lemme show you"? Cuz that kinda makes sense. I still don't like that I'm messin' up, but. I'd rather learn now than later. As a rock."

Wash up? She looked at her palms, coated in bark slivers and smeared moss. "Oh. Yeah, I guess I should. Awright. I'll be back, then!" And she would be, once she scrubbed her hands clean!

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

Monkey BusinessAug 16, 2022 13:38:47 GMT -5
              Taki Okada
              Taki Okada Avatar
              groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl continued to speak with a chipper tone she’d state that Taki’s treatment of her was considered cheating. To which Taki would continue to cut up her meat, "Ya damn right it is kid, it was either dat or lights out.” the girl would once again reiterate to her future pupil wanting her to understand the gravity of the situation.

"You gotta slow it down.” If she were too rush her way into sage mode it wouldn’t exactly end well, she’d seen firsthand what would happen if someone were to fail at balancing their sage energy it wasn’t pretty. "Anyway get goin wouldja ya smell woise than the meat.” she’d say a little calmly as she let the girl go about her business.

Whilst the girl was gone Taki would set up the fire spit for the two of them she would also keep her water bottle which was filled with water on a separate fire to boil it into water that she’d be able to drink with their meal pouring it into two small wooden cups she’d made form wood. Having a nice meal prepped for the girl when she’d returned home to their camp.

Upon arrival Taki would be biting into a few pieces of meat. "Eat up and if ya need too rest up, we’re gonna try and get some training in after dis while we still got some daylight.”

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

235 WORDSSHORT NOTE
              deltra of gangnam style
              Monkey BusinessAug 16, 2022 14:52:07 GMT -5
              Nanashi Yuki
              Nanashi Yuki Avatar
              groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: 306
              OOC Note(s):

Yuki nodded slowly. "Yeah. I get it. I ain’t really mad. It worked. I can see what I did t’th’tree by bein’ impatient an’ all. All I gotta do is imagine it’s me, an’... it clicks.” Yuki stared up at the damaged tree, imagining the marks as evidence of how likely she would be to manage Sage Mode properly at the moment. She sighed in frustration. "I’m not gonna give up. I’ll work on it. Being patient. Staying calm. You’re gonna help me with that, right, Taki-sama?”

As directed, she hopped up and headed back to the lake, pacing slowly and kicking idly at the branches and such in her way. She wasn’t really being violent, just hucking them a few feet to the side, her mind busy. It was daunting. She’d assumed she could just be determined and power on through everything if she tried hard enough. This, though, wasn’t the same. If she tried… she wouldn’t get to keep trying.

At the lake, she bundled her clothes up in a wire wrap and hung it from a tree, dunking into the water to clean up, moving to find a rock under the waterfall and sitting there, letting the water pound down against her, washing over her body. The pressure was nice. It helped her stop thinking for a bit.

Once she felt cleaned up, she headed back towards camp, dressed back up and hair scrubbed as dry as she could get it before tying it up again.

She didn't need to be invited to eat twice, and plunked down to start ravaging a hunk of meat. "Mrf. Mf. Good. I'm okay! Let's do th'thing. I'll be good t'go after I scarf a snack!"

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]:

last edit by Nanashi Yuki on Aug 16, 2022 20:48:39 GMT -5
                Monkey BusinessAug 16, 2022 21:00:49 GMT -5
                Taki Okada
                Taki Okada Avatar
                groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

After the girl had returned the two girls would enjoy their breakfast with Taki tearing away at her deer meat and looking over at her little student. She’d slowly eat her meal before taking a sip of the warm water that had cooled after being purified inside of her now ruined water bottle that was scorched from the bottom due to the soot that had come about from heat beneath flames.

She’d look down at the younger girl as the two of them sat on the ground eating their charred meat. "By the way Yukes…why’d you wanna become a sage in the foist place…?” Taki was curious; she knew that Yuki wasn’t the most patient person and the lesson they just underwent confirmed it.

But becoming a sage was a massive undertaking and if she managed to impress Midori enough to become a sage, Taki at least wanted to know why she went through all of the trouble. Taki was in it for the power and knew what came with that but did Yuki perhaps her response might enlighten her a bit more, Midori had this talk with her shortly after she first started so she figured that it was only fitting and who knows maybe if she knew what her motivation was it might serve for her to be a better teacher.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

223 WORDSSHORT NOTE
                deltra of gangnam style
                last edit by Taki Okada on Aug 16, 2022 21:01:21 GMT -5
                Monkey BusinessAug 16, 2022 21:24:49 GMT -5
                Nanashi Yuki
                Nanashi Yuki Avatar
                groupRock Shinobi

[Word Count]: ###
                OOC Note(s):

Yuki chomped and chewed, considering the question before answering. "Didja know I'm adopted?" It didn't quite sound like an answer at first, but Yuki kept explaining. "I got given up by my parents. Or at least one of them, I guess. Coulda just been my mother, or maybe she died giving birth and my father couldn't handle it. But my parents told me this nice old couple adopted me. At least," she said, biting again and chewing for a long moment.

"-that's what the villagers that survived the bandit raid told my parents." Another bite. Slow. Ponderous. "The older couple didn't make it. Someone said they overheard something about killin'em cuz it'd be trouble to tie'em up. And I was still super little. I don't remember them, but they did their best. And that was the second set of parents I lost."

She didn't need to point out the parents Taki knew, then, were the third set of parents she didn't get to keep.

"I figured... if I trained with Midori-sama. If I learned what made her so special, so famous and important and adored, maybe... y'know." Chew chew. "Someone'd keep me around for a while. And if they didn't, then maybe I could make a name for myself on my own. But Midori thought I could be somethin' more, somethin' better'n some squirt tryin' t'play Okada with throwin' knives. Who wouldn't want to at least give it a shot, right?" It was a bit of a deflection. To hear, this was her big chance. The chance. To be valuable, important.

To be worth keeping around.

[IC COMBAT INFORMATION]

[Techniques Executed]: