TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
A
nxiety gripped her as she waited, breath bated, for results. If Kouki did not succeed and managed to agitate the great beast, there could be trouble. Shuka would be ready to respond to it, but to face down the energy of a tailed beast was never, ever something one wanted to do. She had to brace herself. When Kouki finally spoke, the breaking of the tense quiet was almost enough to make her jump.

It seemed that Kouki had succeeded. The ape was offering his chakra, a very literal, spiritual effort to extend a hand and make a connection with Kouki in a new way. It was potentially dangerous, but it was progress, and to squander it would be a great shame.

"Take his offer. I am here to support you," Shuka said. She folded her hands in front of herself, beginning to pull her chakra forward in preparation for a jutsu in case she needed to form something and contain Kouki in an emergency. She knew that the tailed beast's chakra was going to be intense and that Kouki would need help stabilizing himself. Even though his chakra resonated with Son Goku's, there was no guarantee it wouldn't flow out of control.

The meditation practice she had given him earlier would hopefully come in handy with him managing to keep himself in control.
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Mar 23, 2023 21:04:34 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday Dec 14 (World Monkey Day) rank Adv. Genin occupation

Kouki was not sure how to feel. His only tangible and stable connection to Son Goku’s chakra was simply that he had access to Yoton, and the only other time he ever truly felt the Biju’s chakra it had completely consumed him. Perhaps this would be different as it was a mutually agreed exchange? Within the mindscape, Son Goku was within a cage dangling in the middle of a volcano by chains. There were no landmasses connecting the cave entrance to the Cage in the middle of the cave. "If you really want it...you’re gonna have to come and get it, literally.” "I’m just gonna fall in the lava. I couldn’t even jump to you if I tried!” "It’s your mind, idiot! Make a path!” The Biju proclaimed with his temper starting to shorten. Kouki looked to the floor’s edge. Eyes peeled, he focused on the edge and pictured a rock path that could reach the ape. A small rumble of the floor was then followed by the landmass stretching further at a point and reached Son Goku where it created a large, round floor under the cage. Kouki gulped. The bridge seemed thin, but he had to get to Son Goku. A few trepid steps turned into somewhat confident stride as Kouki made his way to the center. The ape only seemed to get bigger and taller as Kouki got closer. "You ready, punk?” Son Goku reached a bit further out with his fist. Kouki and Son Goku locked eyes. The Biju was menacing, but seemed to make a more furrowed and serious face as if to wait and see for the results. Kouki raised his arm and made his hand in a fist the same as the ape. Kouki’s hand looked like a speck in comparison to the Biju’s. Kouki’s fist met Son Goku’s as a viscous orange chakra appeared from the Biju’s shoulder and crept down the enormous arm to make its way to the boy. Kouki’s heart was pounding and a bead of sweat fell from his brow. The almost syrup-like chakra split into tendrils as it left Son Goku’s fist to meet Kouki’s. Kouki could feel how hot the chakra was. He winced but did not move. The tendrils wrapped around and engulfed his whole arm before quickly smothering his whole body. The heat was intense. Kouki’s whole body tensed as he felt like he might get burned. "Pretty strong, eh? Yeah I get that a lot. You get used to the burning pain.” The Biju belted out a hearty laugh.

In the real world, it could be seen that Kouki was gritting his teeth and grunting in pain. The thick orange chakra began to bubble forth from his stomach and spread around his body. An audible bubbling sound could be heard as the Biju’s chakra emanated from the Genin’s body. Kouki’s skin had becoming a bright pink due to the heat of the chakra. The meditation room’s temperature had risen a few degrees as well. Kouki’s body remained still through it all.

⚬ Notes

Cosmic has written 128 posts
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Mar 24, 2023 21:11:42 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he visual impact of Kouki agreeing was not immediate, but when it happened, it was incredibly evident. His chakra practically steamed off of him. Shuka knew that if she was too close, it would burn as well as the lava the great ape was capable of producing. Kouki's skin turned red as if he'd spent too long in the sun without proper guard, body temperature surely rising as it tried to adapt to the heat being generated within him. His teeth grit, evidently uncomfortable, in pain.

Shuka took a slow breath herself, holding her hands out to her side and beginning to leach her own Hyoton into the air, causing the temperature of the room to rapidly drop in turn. If she did this, perhaps she could counterbalance Kouki's body temperature and help keep him more evened out. If he wasn't so physically uncomfortable, his concentration would likely be leagues better. She needed to keep him calm and in control, and that was one less thing to regulate alone.

"Remember your breathing,"
she reminded, quiet, comforting. "If it begins to feel like too much, recenter yourself. Deep, slow breaths, drawing it all the way down to your chakra core." If he was able to concentrate on that, on the slow fluctuation of his breathing, he could hopefully begin to control the fluctuations of his chakra.

has written 436 posts
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Jun 5, 2023 21:29:11 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

The genin felt as if his whole body was melting. He could feel his body seizing up as the power and moreso the heat was flowing through him. The power of a biju was not to be trifled with. The great beast chuckled. "A lil’ too hot for you, eh? If it’s too much You can just give u-" Son Goku made a puzzled face as the inside of the volcano began to dim as the heat lowered and snow began to delicately fall from the opening of the mountain. "Tch...ol’ granny is giving you a winter wonderland.” Kouki gasped in a deep breath as holding in so much tension from the pain had his breathing shallow. With this reprieve, the boy could relax somewhat. "Thank you my Lady.” The boy said aloud in the corporeal world. His body visibly relaxing and shoulders lowering back to a neutral position. "Ya know...it’s only hot because I can tell you’re fighting it, Punk. My chakra is lava. It needs to floooow. Your chakra is instinctually rejecting my own like it’s an enemy. Accept it or it bites back.” "Whatever...I can do this no problem.” Son Goku chortled. "Sure thing, Punk.” Kouki could feel his chakra overlap and mingle with Son Goku’s as if cream was mixing with coffee. His chakra swirled around and took in the Ape’s power. The inside of the volcano brightened back up to a warm glow as the lava beneath the two of them seemed to grow into a low and steady boil. "Hmmm...you’re getting a taste of equilibrium there, Bucko. Savor it! Gahaha!” In the room with Lady Shuka, it could be felt that the heat was starting to centralize around Kouki and not blindly wafting to all corners of the room.

⚬ Notes

Ape Escape? [Shuka]Jun 5, 2023 22:55:23 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
H
er effort to control his temperature seemed to work. The boy's shoulders relaxed somewhat and he thanked her, no longer appearing so openly feverish. Shuka released a relieved sigh, continuing to keep the room cool. She looked over her shoulder and could spot one of her guards taking a peek into the room. If something were to go wrong with Kouki, they would dive in and sweep her out of the way before the shroud of the bijuu could do her any real harm, hopefully, but they were playing a rather dangerous game here. Everyone needed to remain vigilant.

She gave the guard a reassuring nod and then refocused on the task at hand, observing Kouki cautiously.

Eventually, the heat stopped being so all-consuming and became centralized, drawing in and centering itself around Kouki. This was, at least at first glance, good news. This meant that Kouki was regulating the heat himself instead of merely emitting it. If he was able to control and maintain it like that, he could probably also avoid it scorching his own body.

Still, opening himself to the power like this was also another gateway for something to go wrong.

"You're doing a good job," Shuka praised. Gradually, she would begin to allow the temperature to return to normal, trying to match Kouki's steps of control. The better he proved able to handle Son Goku's power, the more she would allow him to handle this himself.

has written 436 posts
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Aug 10, 2023 22:07:39 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

A balance was beginning to be maintained. Kouki’s concentration becoming more focused along with Lady Shuka’s temperature control was a concoction that proved potent enough. Son Goku raised a single eye brow as he studied Kouki’s body language. The genin seemed stressed but also resolute in his focus. His breathing was calmer as the rise and fall of his chest was slow and deliberate. Son Goku was becoming aware of the fact that Lady Shuka was helping less and less as Kouki was taking on the brunt of the flow of Biju chakra. A faint smirk flashed on Son Goku. "Well well well...maybe you’re not all talk after all. I wonder how much you’ll be able to handle one day.” With that, the beast withdrew his arm from Kouki. Kouki caught himself as he was leaning on the Biju’s fist before he withdrew it. "Whoa what? I was just getting the hang of it!” "Exactly...JUST starting to. That’s enough for today, little boy.” The beast slammed his backside into a seated position in his cage which rattled loudly. "You can handle a small stream of my power...take the win, Punk. Go too far today and I just might gobble you up on accident. Gahaha!” Son Goku gnashed his teeth in front of the boy as a humorous gesture. Kouki furrowed his brow. "Tch...I’ll do wayyyy better next time, Ape.” Yeah yeah...” Son Goku let out a yawn and rested his head on his palm. "Big bad ape needs a nap. Now scram.” Kouki attempted to kick a pebble in annoyance as he walked away but missed. This made the lad stomp out of the mountain in anger. As he left the cavern, Son Goku’s bellowing laugh could still be heard from his failed kick. The laughing died down as Kouki transitioned from his mindscape to the real world. Outside of his body, it could be seen that the chakra shroud faded and the temperature around the room became climatized once again. Kouki opened his eyes to see his Leader staring intently at him. "Uhh...he said I was successful, but didn’t want to do anymore today...so I guess...I did it?” Kouki scratched the back of his head meekly, unsure if Lady Shuka would accept this response.

⚬ Notes

last edit by Yoshioka Kouki on Oct 2, 2023 18:56:47 GMT -5
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Sept 18, 2023 21:59:28 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
S
everal more quiet, tense minutes passed as Kouki continued to demonstrate his control over the great ape's power. Shuka continued to watch intently for any sign of stress, any indication that something may go wrong.

Eventually, the shroud began to subside, the dense and odious chakra retreating within Kouki's body. The air felt much lighter without it, as it does when a storm has passed, nothing heavy lingering in the atmosphere and threatening danger. The room cool down by several orders, too. Noting the difference idly made Shuka think that in the event of a major weather emergency, Kouki might make a decent space heater. ...After he was in better control, of course.

Kouki confirmed that the tailed beast had concluded their training session for the day.

"You did. You did a fantastic job,"
she praised. Bracing a hand on her leg, she stood up from the floor, though she would understand if Kouki needed to rest a bit longer. "It is a good sign that he stopped you on his own. It demonstrates that he has enough respect that he wouldn't like to harm you. He easily could've overwhelmed or exhausted you instead." If he wanted to escape, this would have been a prime opportunity, but he was being patient and reasonable instead. While the practical grasp of the tailed beast's power was important, the real victory today was Kouki building a bridge - beginning to develop a better relationship.

has written 436 posts
Ape Escape? [Shuka]Oct 2, 2023 19:02:17 GMT -5
Yoshioka Kouki
Yoshioka Kouki Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Kouki felt reaffirmed in his accomplishment as Lady Shuka offered him praise. There was a slight nausea and fatigue after Kouki had spent his time kneading his chakra with Son Goku’s. Although the temperature of the room had leveled out, Kouki was clearly perspirating from the stress of the task. Kouki took a deep breath to reestablish a normal breathing rhythm. "I think…he’s taking a nap now. Maybe…I should too…” Kouki’s eyes half shut before jutting open again. "Say…Lady Shuka. You don’t suppose there’s a spare bunk I can-” Kouki tilted to the left and then back to the right as began to drop to the ground from his seated position.

⚬ You can wrap it up with your next post! Thanks for a fun first Biju Training Thread! :)