The Ascetic Path [Bomb the Build-Or-Bear]

compose a reply
The Ascetic Path [Bomb the Build-Or-Bear]May 21, 2023 16:57:13 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

The smell of burnt hair filled the clearing as the bear caught fire. The combination attack of Yaki's initial bomb, the blinding fire of the seal that started it all, and Mairasu adding to the fire would lead to the bear finding itself rather cooked inside of the actual explosive radius of the bombs. As the bombs finished though Yaki had to question whether a bear really lived that many explosives well. A question soon answered by the rushing creature, its fur burning along with obviously burning portions of its skin as it rammed in her direction.

Shifting to run she would drop another bomb where she had been and leap away. The bear was screaming in pain as the makibishi had done their job of piercing its legs as it rolled onto its side finally and dropped. A single extra seal and it would scream louder before going quite. The bomb that she had just thrown making close contact with its head and causing the animal to fade from the world.

This was likely a crueler method to kill a beast, but Yaki wasn't some sort of assassin or silent poisoner type. She utilized explosives plentifully for a reason, "That wasss... sssadly quick. Shall we head back to sssee a hermit ssso I can collect my reward before you drag me back to the pitsss of hell?"
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
The Ascetic Path [Bomb the Build-Or-Bear]May 22, 2023 16:29:20 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

The sheer number of explosions would have been enough to rock the tiny village they had been tasked with protecting so surely it had to be enough to take this bear down. Mairusu wondered just where Yaki kept all of her munitions on her because there was seemingly no end to them and she was such a tiny person. Questions for later. The burning foliage in the immediate area was a sign of pure destruction and even though that bear had seemingly survived numerous hunting trips the genin doubted that the people before them had tried to use this many explosives on it, so imagine his surprise when the bear sprung out of the flames and began to charge at Yaki.

"How the hell is that thing still alive?!" The boy exclaimed before jumping off to the side to clear himself of its path. What fur was left on the beast was either singed or still burning and there were various burns over the rest of its body along with tears of skin missing from the ground traps. The creature had to be surviving off of pure rage at this point. A final charge that hit nothing but air spelled the end for the beast as it crashed to the ground in a heap as Yaki left off one last explosive silencing the bear.

Weren't they supposed to be protecting nature? It all felt a bit cruel and they couldn't even manage to give the poor thing a swift and painless death. No, that bear had been put through all manner of pain and emotion to the last moment. It was surely confused, angry and scared at being attacked and reacted in the only way it knew how. Clasping his hands together and bowing his head for a moment or two Mairusu would say a small prayer for the creature before turning his attention to Yaki. "Not quick enough I don't think. But yeah, let's get going, you've had enough fun for one day."

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 207 posts
The Ascetic Path [Bomb the Build-Or-Bear]May 24, 2023 20:50:28 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

Yaki sighed as she started around to clap repeatedly, setting off a fair amount of seals around the area as the pair would cross the clearing to head back the way Yaki had come. Towards the sage-like hermit who cared nothing for her or anyone else.

As they did finally reach the end of the clearing Yaki would turn her head to Mairasu, "Fun? If you think I find killing wild animalsss fun you are a fool Mairasssu-Kun. I am much happier to read a ssscroll or rid thisss world of murderousss lowlivesss like actual pillaging banditsss then beassstsss."

A handseal would shift the weight of her haori back on and she would begin to move forward. She did not give off a vibe like she was mad, and admittedly she wasn't. Annoyed maybe that there was an implication that she had been looking forward to killing the bear. She had made her comment because she was hoping for a challenge, not because she was looking forward to death. There was nothing to look forward to in death and she saw no reason to sprint at it.

Either way she and her only real partner needed to head back to what Yakitsukeru dreaded to know she could a home. A dreary, disgusting home.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
The Ascetic Path [Bomb the Build-Or-Bear]May 25, 2023 10:56:58 GMT -5
Hiesin Mairusu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hiesin Mairusu Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Snake Sage Apprentice

TAKE ME TO VALHALLA WHERE MY BROTHERS WAIT FOR ME

"Do you always take everything so literally? I wonder if there's a seal that'll help you detect sarcasm better..." Mairusu replied with a huff. Given Yaki's penchant for explosions perhaps there was a small part of him that believed the girl did find something enjoyable about seeing things go boom regardless of their inclination to nature, but it was clear in her response that she did care at least a little bit which was reassuring. Mairusu had struggled with that concept for a while and even after a couple deep conversations and a bunch of thinking did he find some peace in his decision.

Neither of them were strong enough to find a different conclusion to these events and sometimes a clash of feuding ideals was unavoidable but this was another sign that the boy had a lot of work left to do if he truly wanted to be a protector of nature. He had given Kasumi his word, Mitsuda too, and had no plans of letting them down which meant he had to get stronger in all aspects not just sage mode. "I wonder what we're gonna get into next. Hasn't been a dull day since all this training stuff started." The boy mused. He had yearned for this experience for so long but never would have guessed it would all be so death defying.

WORDS ●  ● NOTES
deltra of gangnam style
Kata has written 207 posts