head in the clouds [Azarea]

compose a reply
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 15:23:29 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Fog

"All right D-rank to start it is." She agrees contemplating which jutsu to use before deciding to settle on her and Riku's age old favorite as she formed mock handseals playing with the idea of dropping a few signs before stating aloud. "Kirigakure no jutsu," Her voice echoing unearthly and eerie within the crystalline cavern as mist rose up from the pools. Suffusing the air around them with blanketing fog that soon grew as thick as pea soup preventing anyone save perhaps a Hyuuga from seeing in such conditions and with the amount of chakra in the air likely obscuring at least partially even his vision.

"Don't hurt yourself ok Shigure?" She calls through the mist, her own vision thankfully unobscured as she watches the Hyuuga closely. "I wish we had something akin to the Barrier Corps here. They seem interesting, but there's not really anything that suits my fancy. I'm probably if things progress going to be working with Kizumi-sama and would like to one day aim for Jounin Hancho... though I'm aware my skills would make me a good fit for ANBU." Though she didn't need to voice her general reservations in regards to following in Toshi's footsteps in joining such an organization.

NAME: Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu [Continuous Fog Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Developed as a genjutsu version of the hidden mist technique it allows for the same effects as the ninjutsu version with much less chakra utilized. The target seeing a thick fog or mist rising up to obscure their vision and even their hearing. Less experienced users of genjutsu usually leave it at this, but more experienced practitioners will add in the proper smells and even the damp feel of the fog to the target(s) senses. The technique is triggered by the user saying the techniques name; although they'll often render a handseal or two as well to make the target(s) believe it is actually a ninjutsu.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 205 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 15:30:37 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"head in the clouds".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

AMBITION

With them in agreement, he frowned his brows, prompting the veins in his temple to bulge, activating his Byakugan. Much like last time, she started with the hand seals as a trigger for the false Hidden Mist Technique. And as the chakra she moulded entered his brain, he focused on the flow on his chakra pathway system, and with a precise and quick burst, he expelled it from his brain, quickly breaking out of the genjutsu just as it started to settle in his head. It was quite the improvement when compared to the last time they trained together, and he seemed to be perfectly fine. A smirk appeared in the corner of his mouth. "I told you I wasn't going to hurt myself. I trained really hard for this." he reassured her.

After the first technique, he would then pause briefly to talk about the Barrier Corps, and that subject gave him an idea. "That is something we could potentially help implement here, to a degree. We have the expertise and the manpower to help, and it's something the Hidden Cloud could definitely use." he suggested, then pausing to hear about her aspirations. Hanchou was quite ambitious, but he was sure she could reach the position if she continued to work this hard, although he had to admit, she was quite the good fit for the ANBU. "I think you would thrive in the ANBU, but you should follow your heart. I know how much it would mean to you becoming the Hanchou, it would make everyone have to recognize you, regardless of the place you were born." he said with a firm nod. "I'm sure you will make it. As for myself... I won't be satisfied until I become the Hokage." he said, widening his smirk at the sound of his own ambition.

The two would train a few other D-Rank genjutsu, as Shigure continued to show just how easily he was now able to break out of them. "I guess that's a good warm-up. I'm ready to take it a step further." he said.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Genjutsu Training
Cave Training Grounds
[]
[350 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 15:46:17 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Care

"The Barrier Corps are the pride of Konoha. Kumogakure needs something to call it's own rather then merely borrowing from it's neighbors. I've had an... idea for sometime now, but it's not quite ready yet." She admits a bit shy even if her smile is sly and promising trouble.

"And I know I'd be an excellent fit for ANBU, but... honestly that is what is expected of me and the best assassins are the ones that hide in plain sight with a smile." She quips her grin turning teasing as she tosses a few more illusions at him observing her partner with care to make certain he broke out of each without issue.

"And forgive me for worrying over you blowing your brains out with chakra." Azarea playfully gripes drawing out her words with a shake of her head. "Kami knows someone has to look out for you." She grumbles because for all his talk in regards to the Hyuuga she knows Shigure is in no better position to receive help from his Father then she herself is. If either of them wanted to survive or thrive they'd need to go it alone. As forming a handseal Azarea pulled out the same jutsu Shigure had struggled with once before. With the moment his eyes settled on the seal the ground around him beginning to crack and shake and the crystals above his head clattering threatening to fall.

NAME: Chikyū o Shifuto [Shifting Earth]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 1
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
Triggered by the target(s) seeing the user render a handseal, the technique begins by immediately causing the earth to violently shake. This, in turn, makes it difficult if not impossible for the target(s) to remain standing. Furthermore, the user is not affected which means that their mobility will remain unhindered unlike their target(s) allowing this technique to help bridge a gap between the user and targets that are more physically inclined.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 237 |
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 15:57:19 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"head in the clouds".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

PRIDE

He was bit curious as to what she had in mind for the Hidden Cloud, but he decided not to ask; whenever she was ready to share that information, he was sure she would. He agreed with her statement regarding the ANBU as well. Shigure had considered joining the black ops for a while, but Kazuto dissuaded him from doing so, saying it would not be a great fit for him, and he decided to take his friend's word for it. "I appreciate your care, though. It's something I'm not entirely used to, if I'm being honest." he admitted, with a grateful smile on his face.

But it was time for them to continue the training with something stronger, and just like before, she prepared to use the Shifting Earth on him, and this time he was ready. As Azarea's chakra entered his body, his since of balance started getting affected, but he braced himself and channeled his own chakra through his pathway system, forcing it to rush to his head and in a burst of chakra, coming out evenly from every single tenketsu in his head, he expelled the girl's chakra from it, thus breaking the Genjutsu and freeing himself before it affected much of his balance.

A sense of pride and satisfaction filled his heart as he confirmed his success. "It worked!" it was not the first time he had been successful with that, but he knew that Azarea was more dedicated to genjutsu than the likes of Hirohito and Arashi, so the fact that he could break out of her genjutsu on his first try was cause for celebration, but he was not done yet. If he wanted to make sure he was actually skilled in this ability, consistency required more successes. "Come at me again!" he would ask her.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Genjutsu Training
Cave Training Grounds
[]
[306 words]
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 16:15:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Poison

"Are you sure?" She questioned in a low teasing purr. Her scarlet eyes sparking with equal parts mischief and malice even as she beamed at her friend in pride. His escape of her technique sparking something deep within her gut. Her sense of competition roused by his challenge as her Kikaichu took up an eerie off-key humm. That should have been his first warning, but Azarea was not a predator prone to barking or bluffing when she could have the upperhand of surprise and sink her fangs into her prey unaware.

So as Shigure celebrated and called for further challenge the woman drew in a deep breath and then released a thick cloying dark purple cloud of poison. The toxic smog flooding the cave that now seemed too small and far too unventilated for Shigure to have any hope of escaping it as the poison wrapped him within it's embrace. The sharp acrid almost phosphorous smell burning his nose and lungs and it wouldn't be long before he felt the need to hack and cough. His limbs growing weak and his vision hazy as his body came under the throes of the Kumo Shinobi's toxic hallucination.

And all the while Azarea watched. Scarlet eyes glinting like cold hard jewels under the blue glow of the crystals. A small smirk curling at the corners of her lips.

NAME: Nise Dokuso [False Toxin]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
While the technique is fairly simply technique and is somewhat slow to take true affect, it is useful none the less. The technique is triggered by the user taking a deep breath (although they'll often make a fake handseal before) where they then proceed to blow an illusionary poison from their mouths. This poison is always just quick enough to hit the opponent(s), where the target(s) will then slowly start to feel the effects of the "poison" which range from mild dizziness and weakness and slowly work up to coughing fits that end up with blood coming up and the weakness in their limbs apparently becoming more severe. In reality the target(s) are of course perfectly healthy still.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:226 |
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 16:24:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"head in the clouds".

MY LIMITS

He was feeling ready, he had already broken out of C-Rank Genjutsus a few times, and was confident he had got that much mastered, so maybe he could even take it up a notch, right? Azarea asked if he was sure, in a low teasing purr, and he smirked with confidence to her, nodding shortly after. "I am!" he confirmed. He wanted to see what she had in stock for him and was bracing himself, ready to try and overcome any obstacle. His chakra flow was under control and ready to offer another burst once he noticed the genjutsu coming his way.

As she took a deep breathe, he noticed that her chakra was moulded and ready and once she exhaled, he saw the chakra taking the shape of a thick dark purple cloud. It looked like poison, but with further inspection with the Byakugan, it was clear that was not the case; it was illusion all the same, but this one looked more refined and dangerous. The chakra quickly made his way into his system and rushed to his brain and he quickly tried to respond by bursting the chakra out of his tenketsus like he had done before, and while some of it was expelled, some of it lingered. "What?" his eyes widening in surprise was the sign she needed to confirm that his approach had failed.

He coughed, but he quickly shook his head, trying to get a grip on himself and trying again, and again, and again, but no matter how many bursts he sent, he could not get rid of all the chakra that insisted in infiltrating his body, and the more kept on coming. He started to feel dizzy and weak, and even though he was trying to fight it, he eventually fell on one of his knees, coughing more and more. He could see that his brain was trying to play tricks on him, he would see blood coming out, but with the Byakugan he could see that it was not real. Still, this was a nasty technique.

And one thing he had learned with his many trainings was to recognize his own limits. His ability had allowed him to escape from a level of Genjutsu he couldn't before, but this was beyond what he could accomplish. Sighing in acceptance, he had to admit defeat. "T-this... This level of genjutsu is too strong for me to break... At my current level..." and that was the keyword in that. He was satisfied with how much he had grown so far, but that didn't mean he would be satisfied. As he continued to grow through his ninja career, so would his abilities and skill, and he knew that one day he would be able to fight this level of genjutsu as well.

Genjutsu Training
Cave Training Grounds
[]
[471 words]
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 16:38:01 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

The Cut Of Her Smile

Azarea's boots crunched across the stone with each step as the woman prowled forward all liquid grace and sharp eyes as she took in his kneeling form. Her breath hitching at the sight and satisfaction settling within her chest as she reached out with gentle fingers to grasp her partner's chin. Tilting Shigure's face up to force him to look her in the face as the words of his defeat fell from the man's own mouth. Her smirk only growing as she swiped a bit of illusionary blood from his lower lip. Pleased with his defiance.

"I wouldn't be satisfied with a stagnant opponent even less a lazy mission partner." Azarea assures him as with a thought the genjutsu dissipates. The lethargy leaving his limbs and the burn of his lungs fading as his body came to understand that he was not in fact in mortal peril.

"But," She quips, "For what it is worth you did well Shigure." She murmurs reaching out to ruffle his hair with an approving pat and a teasing grin that is more like her usual sassy sarcastic self all rough edges, but gentle words. Nothing like the cold all consuming blood lust that had suffused her eyes before with a stark need to see him struggle and strive against her restraints on him.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 219 |
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 17:15:48 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"head in the clouds".

RECOGNITION

He was doing his best to not lose his grip and resist to the illusion. Knowing it was not real helped, but not entirely, for his brain kept on screaming it was actually real, defying logic, and although his bursts did get rid of some of the chakra in there, it was nor enough to break out of the genjutsu. He looked up to Azarea when she touched his chin, he could see the triumph in her smirk, and he felt a bit bad for having to yield, but a real shinobi knows when they need to back down.

Shigure tried to respond, but he coughed violently instead, but then the relief came. The Aburame dispelled the genjutsu and freed him from its grasp. Adrenaline still running amok in his bloodstream, but slowly calming down. He took a deep breathe and then got back to his feet, shaking his head and slapping his face so that he fully snapped out of the dizziness he was suffering. Hearing from her that he did well brought some solace to the man, and he managed to smile back.

"One step at a time. I will get there. This is already good progress, paving a way for what I will be able to achieve in the future." he said with a firm nod. "I've gotta admit... Genjutsu can be quite nasty. And even though I'm training to be able to fight it, I hope I don't have to use this ability of mine very often." he said, scratching the back of his head. It wasn't like he was cowering and running from a challenge, but he knew his own strengths and flaws better than anyone.

Genjutsu Training
Cave Training Grounds
[]
[284 words]
head in the clouds [Azarea]Oct 5, 2022 17:31:34 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Festivities

Azarea nods though her expression grows solemn, "That mind is a terrible thing to lose, but that which genjutsu fights I find equally horrifying." She admits recalling her mentors cautioning words. One was never truly untouchable. There were things out there beyond their comprehension. Techniques she could only dream of. To grow overconfident was to court death. To declare oneself untouching was to finally know the kiss of steel. A paranoid shinobi was a long lived one.

"But come on. I promised to show you how to make curry and you said you'd teach me how to make onigiri and I know for a fact I've got a good bottle of bourbon I've been waiting for a special occasion to crack open and now seems like the perfect night." She quips solemn countenance giving way to a smile as her eyes sparked back to life with a touch of mischief as she offered Shigure a hand. "Sides all the Kunoichi are on the prowl for dates for the festival so best to keep you out of sight lest they pounce on you." Azarea teases, "I'm sure a few of them would kill to say they went with the Hyuuga Heir Konoha's Tornado."

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 202 |