Who We Are When No Ones Watching

compose a reply
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 14:02:07 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"who we are when no ones watching".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

DESIRE

His pale eyes gazed into her vibrant eyes and he felt paralyzed for a moment, his cheeks growing a tad bit redder. He gulped, feeling nervous with the proximity, but not bothered by it in the slightest. The alcohol interfered a bit with his perception of time, and he barely noticed that more than a few seconds went by with the two of them staring into one another's eyes, until she responded to his question with an energetic yes before pushing herself off his chest and getting back on her feet properly. Shigure gazed away in response, scratching the back of his head. "Good! That's good!" he responded, giggling lightly in mild embarrassment.

His heart was beating fast, and he touched his own chest for a bit, taking a deep breathe and trying to shrug off the thoughts which insisted on coming to his head. He glanced back toward her with the corner of his eyes, but they found themselves staring at her lips, and he quickly looked away. "Am I that drunk already?" he wondered, feeling a bit bad with himself. "We are friends, she is having you over. Don't be weird." he thought to himself.

Her comment did lighten the mood and made him laugh. "Fair statement, but hey... I got to be a hero, so I'm not complaining!" he turned to face her with a playful wink and a large smile on his face. Ultimately, he didn't want to risk ruining this moment by acting on what he was perceiving as an impulse, so a good way to forget that was to, perhaps, drink some more, right? "But are you tapping out yet? I would say... If we are sitting down, eating and drinking, we won't risk falling! I can't trust my balance completely at this point!" he admitted with a shrug.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Hidden Cloud Village
Azarea's Apartment
[]
[311 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 14:20:04 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Kotatsu

"Help me set the Kotatsu, then if we fall over the furthest we'll fall is the carpet." She jokes and opens the cabinet passing him some bowls and spoons and a couple of fabric pads to set the pot of curry and the rice container on when they were done. As she grabs their shot glasses and the bottle and brings them over to the table. Bracing one palm on it's surface as she bends over to turn on the heater beneath it to make the underside of the quilt soon toasty and warm to fight off the evening chill. Leaving Shigure to set the table as she grabs the pot of curry and a ladle and hauls it over. The rice cooker chiming soon enough as setting it beside the food she took the rice scoop and piled a nice portion into her bowl before popping the lid on the curry and breathing in the delicious steam that trailed in curling wisps towards the ceiling.

"You know. We might not be half bad cooks." Azarea joked admiring her and Shigure's handiwork before she ladled herself a serving of curry before passing the large spoon to him and pouring them both another round of shots. The bottle of bourbon only half way and another half to go yet.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 14:26:37 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

A TOAST

"You got it!" he responded as he helped her pick up the bowls, spoons, so he could set up the table for them to eat the meal they prepared together. He was good at that, having plenty of practice, and even though he was still a bit dizzy, it wasn't enough to impair him from being able to do the job, and once everything was set, the two took a moment to admire the result of their work. "Half bad? We freaking rock! Hahahaha!" he said, nudging her with his elbow and laughing as he did that.

He would then sit by the table and serve them another dose of the bourbon, lifting his cup. "A toast! For this amazing night together." he said, with quite the happy and high-spirited tone. He was truly having a blast, it almost felt like he was there on a vacation of sorts, even though he knew that he would be going on a mission in a couple of days. "Hopefully we will be assigned a mission together." he thought to himself, but didn't say a word on that subject; he didn't want to spoil the mood talking about work.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Hidden Cloud Village
Azarea's Apartment
[]
[203 words]
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 15:04:03 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Festival

"A toast to good cooks and better friends," She calls out giggling she accepts the shot of bourbon lifting her glass to clink it against his own feeling giddy at their success before she downs the shot. The world painted in warm colors, and warmer emotions, heat creeping up the back of her neck and her cheeks flushed with liquor. As blowing on a spoonful of curry she took her first bite and practically melted barely swallowing back a happy moan at the taste.

"Sss-good." Azarea mumbled finding herself unable to recall a time her curry had tasted so divine whether it was from a good co-chef or just good company or maybe the good bottle of bourbon they were slowly witling down. As Azarea grinned leaning into Shigure's side at his playful elbowing realizing he'd picked up that habit from her.

"Youuu know Shigure. If you're still in town for the festival... would you like to go with me? The troupe is putting on a performance that night and well... it'd be nice to have someone I know in the audience." She offered glancing up at him from beneath her dark red dusky lashes, "That is if Daisuke doesn't have designs on you." Azarea teases with a playful smirk.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 17:47:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

HOME

"To good cooks and better friends!" he repeated, chuckling as he lifted the shot before chugging it down quickly. At this point, there was no denying he was drunk, but with the drunkenness so came the hunger and when he tried the Kotatsu, he couldn't hide the delight in his face. "This is delicious!!" he exclaimed, pausing to appreciate it before digging in with plenty of passion. He was having a good time, and when she leaned to his side, he looked at her with the large smile on his face. Her invitation came as a bit of a surprise, but a rather welcomed one. The Hyuuga nodded and leaned against her as well. "I would love to go with you. You can show me around and we can have a good time, just like today. Ya know... I don't get many moments like this." he admitted, thinking back on how his life was guided by duty.

He was always working hard, trying to help people out, be it his students, or other shinobi he came across, always willing to dedicate some of his time and share his knowledge, hoping he could help make the world a tad bit better. He also had his duties towards his clan, and his dreams of making the Hyuuga a better clan, where every member could be treated equally, without the shameful shadow of servitude, or the cursed mark.

Shigure laughed when she mentioned Daisuke and he shook his head. "I'm sure he will understand!" he said, with a nod. Then, he would lift his arm and wrap it around her shoulders, bringing her a bit closer to him. His smile faded a bit, but his feature was still showing the calm happiness he was feeling inside. "I'm really happy you've been doing okay here. You deserve a home. And I hope that one day I will be able to find just that, even if I have to build it from the ground." he said, thinking of the day he would confront his father for his crimes.

Hidden Cloud Village
Azarea's Apartment
[]
[349 words]
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 18:27:34 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Questions

"No rest for the wicked aye and even less for the good," Azarea murmurs letting her head lull against his shoulder as she stared up at Shigure with a small warm smile. Her expression honest and unguarded as she soaked in the sight of him. The mental image of Shigure holding a hammer and nails enough to leave her giggling. "You're a clan Heir. Not a Carpenter. Let's leave the home building to the professionals shall we?" She teased, but it was clear from how those sharp scarlet eyes softened to warm pools of wine red that his words touched her.

Lifting a hand she gently traced the curve of his jaw her gaze sliding down the bridge of his nose to settle on his mouth as her thumb came to brush his lower lip. Alarm bells fuzzy and distant sounding in the back of her mind as she soaked in the warmth of good food, good booze, and good company. Her Kikiachu humming a soft thrum that blended with the low jazz spilling like liquid sound from the radio. "Do you think the Hyuuga would kill me if I kissed you?" She questioned in a low whisper thought slipping from her lips that were meant to have never been said, but now couldn't be unheard.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 18:37:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

KISS WHILE YOUR LIPS ARE STILL RED

He laughed a bit louder at the prospect of him building up an actual, physical house from the ground up and he nodded in agreement. "I guess as a carpenter, I'm an excellent cook, so yeah, better to leave it to professionals." he agreed, his smile wide again as he held her close to himself. Suddenly, he felt the touch of her hand on his jaw, prompting him to turn to face her, with a curious and surprised look on his face. Her thumb touched his lower lip, and he opened his mouth slightly, feeling a warm and fuzzy feeling down his core. He was looking deep inside her sharp scarlet eyes, and his feelings were so shaken up, that a vein or two popped in his temple, not fully activating his doujutsu, but making his irises slightly visible.

The whole environment seemed to have shifted, became warmer and cozier, and when she asked him that question, he didn't answer, at least not with words. He gulped, yes, feeling nervous, but his hand reached out to her face, tenderly stroking it with his fingers one moment, and the next moment, he moved his hand to her neck, stroking her hair with the tips of his fingers and pulling her closer to him, while at the same time tilting his head forward. Eyes slowly closing as he approached her until his lips touched hers, softly at first, a bit timid, but then the arm around her held her closer, more firmly, and he pressed his lips against her more, and if she allowed him to, the soft kiss would grow into a much more passionate one.

Hidden Cloud Village
Azarea's Apartment
[]
[287 words]
Who We Are When No Ones WatchingOct 6, 2022 19:13:44 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Sweet

Letting her eyes go half lidded she leaned her face into his hand. Feeling his finger trace across her cheek and up her neck till they tangled into her hair as a shiver trailed it's way up her spine. Time seeming to slow as Shigure leaned close their breath mingling sweet and warm until the soft heat of his lips settled on her own. The kiss tentative and slow as they tested the water till passion sparked and threading her arms about his shoulders Azarea slowly tilted her head slanting her lips against Shigure's own as they deepened the kiss. The taste of bourbon and joy on the tip of their tongues. A moment of happiness stolen from the snap shot reels of tragedy that so often was their lives.

Pulling back ever so slightly to drag in a lung full of air Azarea reached up with gentle fingers to tuck a long stray strand of chestnut hair back away from Shigure's eyes her smile tipsy and fond. She wasn't sure if it was love. The Kunoichi wary to put a name to the warmth that suffused her chest as she poured them both another shot of liquor and leaving the bottle dry as throwing hers back she leaned forward to return his kiss. The morning would come soon enough harsh and cold with a hangover and questionable decisions, but in the moment the world burned sweet like the bourbon on their tongues

Justu Goes Here

流人