Two Meets Four [C-rank]

compose a reply
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 7, 2022 7:33:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"two meets four".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

SHELTER

Shigure chuckled when she mentioned the proposal. "Thank goodness. I'm safe!" he joked as he grabbed the woman to bring her close to Azarea, so she could spin the cocoon and put her in a tree, so she wouldn't end up dying by accident during a storm or flood, it was time for them to find some shelter, as the thunder storm grew more ferocious. When Azarea grabbed into his belt, he gently yet firmly rested his own hand on top of hers, not saying a word about it. Byakugan scanning the area until he found a cave not too far from where they were.

"Found a small cave, up there." he said, pointing to a spot no more than three hundred metres away. It was hard for most people to even see considering the torrential rain pouring down, but his eyes could see clearly, so he continued to guide the two of them until they managed to find shelter in said cave. Shigure would quickly unseal some firewood from a scroll he had and light a fire with his Fire Release, so that the two of them could warm up by the fire.

"We do make a great team, uh?" he said, with a little bit of a shy smile, as he knew that there were more than one way his phrase could be interpreted as.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [16/15]
Finds shelter in a small cave nearby, starts a campfire
[]
[238 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 7, 2022 11:34:47 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

The Cave

Azarea keeps her eyes downcast concentrating on her feet as the two navigate the rain. Shigure's hand warm and firm over her own enough reassurance for her that he would get them to safety. The ex-Aburame instead concentrating on ordering her bugs to instead of trying to fly to burrow and return to her that way. The pair eventually escaping the rain as they stumbled soaked and tired into the small cave. The Kumo-nin's eyes lighting up at the sight of the fire as she went about sealing up the entry to the cave with cocoon. Leaving just a small slit for ventilation, but keeping out the worst of the wind and the rain.

"Yeah... yeah we do." She murmurs voice gentle and eyes soft as she offers Shigure a rueful smile. Carefully dropping her pack in the corner grateful for the waterproof material as she begins shucking off her soaked jacket and jumpsuit to change into something dry.

"You know... I've no real want to ever leave Kumo, but should I ever earn enough vacation days with our combined skills you and I... we could go pretty much anywhere." Azarea points out as she carefully spins the two of them some hammocks to keep off the now wet and cold cave floor. Though with the entrance mostly sealed the heat from the flame was slowly raising the temperature and warming what otherwise would have been a frigid night.

"I'll need to learn how to make sealing scrolls. I have to admit having everything you need at your fingertips is incredibly useful. Though I do envy you your katon nature." She quips holding toweling dry her hair before turning to Shigure and eyeing his long chestnut locks.

"Here turn your back to me for a moment and undo your headband. You'll catch your death in the Kumo cold with wet hair in this weather." Azarea offers settling onto a rock behind the Hyuuga as she ran the towel over his head once he was ready. Carefully fluffing and drying the long strands with care. "My Mother used to tell me long hair was a mark of pride for the Hyuuga. It shows how capable of combatants they are that they can wear their hair freely and know no one could ever lay a hand upon it."

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 386 |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 7, 2022 11:58:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"two meets four".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

HAIR

Their skills complemented one another perfectly, and together there was very little they could not accomplish and thinking about that made him feel a warmth inside of him he couldn't really describe, but he felt good, welcoming that feeling with all his heart, even though he was trying not to think about it. Some things are better left to the heart. While he took care of their campfire and their food, which he placed it over it so it could get warmed up, while Azarea took care of the hammocks and such. When she mentioned she needed to learn how to make sealing scrolls, he nodded in agreement. "I'm quite decent with fuinjutsu, so I wouldn't mind teaching you. It is extremely useful, and the generic sealing technique is quite simple to learn." he said with a confident tone, he knew that she would have an easy time mastering it.

Then, when she asked him to turn around, he did without questioning, he trusted her completely. He didn't want to freeze his hair either; even though he wasn't too vain, he still cared about his looks and he liked his hair a lot. Her touch on his hair, however, felt really good, so he closed his eyes to enjoy this moment. "Your mother is right, it is a mark of our pride. My uncle preferred to keep it short, but he was more of an exception. And I like that my hair is like mother's. I'm happy I took more after her rather than father." he admitted, with a simple smile on his face. He had nothing from Urashi, and that was a small part of the reason why he was always triggered by Shigure; he was a spitting image of his mother, and as such, the spitting image of the branch house.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

C-Rank Mission [18/15]
Campsite
[]
[305 words]
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 7, 2022 12:50:40 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Flowers

Carefully she plated back his hair drying the moisture from the ends and dumping the towel atop his head to knead her fingers into it and his scalp as she chuckled, "I've only seen your Father in passing, but you're right. The two of you don't look much alike and that's a good thing. Don't tell anyone I told you this, but the branch clan is much MUCH prettier then the main clan." Azarea admitted with a soft chuckle. "My mother used to call them the flowers of the Hyuuga. I think that was partially what inspired my name." She murmurs trying to recall those early fuzzy memories of her Mother and her Mother's friends and the endless innocent questions she would ask as a child. As she grew older her questions lessoned as she came to recognize the tightness around Eri's eyes as pain each time she posed some new inquiry about her hair, her teeth, her everything. Her Uzumaki grandmother having long ago passed due to mission complications and her grandfather following her shortly in grief. In the Aburame clan there'd been no faces that had her nose. No familiar cut to others eyes. The only thing she had in common with her parents was her Mother's red hair.

"I guess I took after the Hatake. Maybe one day when things are better I'll go seek out some of the clan and see who I look like besides the Bastard." She jokes with a loose shrug as she steps back with a smile settling down beside them as their food cooks. "We should be able to push through tomorrow and spend the night in village beds if we can clear that last ridgeline." Azarea murmurs as the cave soon begins to fill with the warm scent of a much welcomed meal.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 303 |
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 7, 2022 14:58:36 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"two meets four".

LAST DAY

He had to agree with Azarea in that the branch house produced more good looking clan members than the Main house, but to hear that from someone else was a bit funny, so he couldn't help but to laugh a bit and nodded his head. "I didn't know she called them that... Well, I'm glad she saw it that way and went as far as to take inspiration for your name. I do like your name." he admitted, turning his head a bit so he could look at her with the corner of his eyes. Shigure remembered a bit about her mother, but she died a long time ago, and such memories faded to a degree with time, which was a shame. Everyone only had good things to say about her.

When she said she took after the Hatake, he had to nod in agreement; Azarea looked a lot like Toshizou, and no matter how much she disliked the man, there was no denying the facts. "He looks quite unique, if you ask me. If anything, the closest one would be his mother." he mentioned, but not going too deep into details, for he wasn't sure if the woman would like to hear about her grandmother. As they started eating, they discuss the remaining of the mission. "Well, it has been fun, but I admit I'm ready to go back to the Hidden Cloud. I've never been so drenched in my life." he laughed, shaking his head.

The next day would finally give them a break, for the sun was out and the clouds were sparse. The last day of their mission was rather peaceful. Shigure checked the area with his Byakugan as they covered the last of the Valley of Lightning, and found no other issues, thus bringing their job to an end. They could now go back to the Hidden Cloud with another completed mission under their belt.

C-Rank Mission [20/15]
Mission Completed
[]
[324 words]
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 9, 2022 19:39:07 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Home

"Too often women are merely flowers to be plucked in their clans gardens. My Mother named me for Azalea's. They mean abundance and success, but if you take to greedily of them they'll poison you. I guess she wanted to warn the other Aburame that her daughter would never be harmless." Azarea murmurs with a soft chuckle as the two settled in for the night. The Kumo Kunoichi's expression softening a bit at the mention of her paternal grandmother. Wary curiosity lurking within her eyes tempered somewhat by her distaste for Toshizou.

"Maybe... maybe you could tell me a little about her sometime. I wonder if she would agree to write to me?" The woman murmurs as the two bedded down in their hammocks. The day dawning bright and crisp and cold the next morning. The air sharp enough to burn ones lungs at such altitudes, but at least it wasn't raining. Shigure's comment about looking forward to being back in Kumo earning a chuckle from Azarea. "We'll patrol Fire Country next time and hopefully deal with less storms." She agrees as the two make their way back to her home village. The mission completed successfully and a warm bed and hot meals awaiting them.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 205 |
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 9, 2022 22:14:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"two meets four".

MISSION COMPLETED

Azarea had been gifted with a name with a strong meaning, and one befitting of her. Her mother had been ever loving, from the moment she was conceived, to the last time they were together. Shigure's name had a meaning as well, but one that came from a more casual situation and choice. Early Autumn drizzle. He enjoyed it, yes, and it was one chosen by his mother. It made him feel good to know more about her; it was as if they were growing even closer together, which made him think of that night in her apartment. They were yet to talk about it, but it had to wait until they were done with their mission.

Luckily, his mind was brought to a complete different place when she inquired about her grandmother. "She used to be a remarkable shinobi. Her name is Shinobu. And I'm sure she would agree to talk to you. She is a very sweet woman." he said, with a kind smile on his face. He looked Azarea in the eyes, eyes of a person who truly cared about her. But the stare didn't linger for very long. "You should write to her. And we should go to sleep." he said in a soft chuckle.

On the next day, they finished up their mission, and as they went back to the Hidden Cloud, Azarea said they would patrol the Land of Fire, and mentioned their overall better weather. "I will look forward to it. Also... Want to perhaps grab some lunch together tomorrow, after we rest? And, ya know... Maybe talk a bit." he asked, not really directly mentioning the subject, but it was self-evident. Once the mission report had been taken care of, he would go to his inn and crash, he was rightfully tired after the past days.

C-Rank Mission [Completed]
Exit post
[]
[306 words]
Two Meets Four [C-rank]Oct 9, 2022 22:33:16 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Till Later

As the prepared to parts ways upon arriving in Kumogakure Azarea glanced towards Shigure her cheeks coloring ever so slightly as she inclined her head in acceptance. "I'd like that." She admits with a small quirk of a smile. Such discussions always went better when food or tea was involved in her opinion and the two of them needed to figure out what they were to one another. Shigure after all was a Shinobi of Konoha and a member of the Hyuuga clan and... admittedly Azarea had no delusions that she would likely ever be accepted by such people. So it was best to set boundaries now.

Or else end up like her Mother.

"And I'll give writing Shinobu a try. The worst that happens is she refuses to reply or Hatake-san gets ahold of the letter before her and throws it in the trash." Azarea admits distracting herself from such dark thoughts. Shigure was kind and sweet and better then her in every feasible way. It wouldn't do to want for things she wasn't meant to have and wasn't yet strong enough to take for herself. Offering the man a smile and a wave Azarea turned on her heel the smile falling from her face the moment her back was turned even if she still called out a cheery "See you tomorrow then Shigure!" As she headed back towards her own apartment and well earned rest.

[Mission Complete]

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 237 |