Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]

compose a reply
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 12, 2022 2:34:13 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Beat The Heat

Though fall was just around the bend the heats of summer hadn't quite allowed Tsuchi no Kuni to slip through it's claws just yet. The cool fall days giving way to an unseasonable heat that made the crowds and press of bodies miserable. With the only solstice being that with the heat even the civilians had migrated away from the roadside foodstalls in favor of shady restaurants leaving the lines for such purchases small. Azarea having helped herself to some dango as the woman took refuge at the fountain in the middle of the plaza. Having slipped off her boots to slide her feet into the cool water sighing in release as she tugged the zipper of her jumpsuit down as low as she could manage without being arrested for public indecency. Her long red hair bound up in a messy bun atop her head, her jacket tossed to the side across the rim of the fountain, and the delicate curve of her neck and sharp contrast of her shoulders and collarbone bare for the entire world to see. As the woman did her best not to sweat to death in the unseasonal heat.

Her lips nibbling gingerly on one of the large sticky dango balls. The sugar giving her solace even as she kicked her feet back and forth dampening the hem of her rolled up pants as she considered the options before her. Regretting for the first time that snow was not so easily available here. She'd just about kill for some flavored ice on a day like today.

Justu Goes Here

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: |
Keen has written 1,221 posts
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 12, 2022 9:13:51 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 29th rank Genin occupation
But I sure know where I've been

In a new land, with fresh sights n' people abound, Atagi took to his new situation with all the proficiency of a duck to water. The ever present grin etched upon his features is wider than usual, yellow irises flitting one way and floating another, making his way around the streets of Kuwana. No event which involved traveling, exam or otherwise, was complete without an unabashed sampling of street foods...which explained the two imagawayaki in his left hand, one of them half eaten, a thin sheet of wax paper the only thing separating them from his fingers. The various sticks poking from his jacket pockets indicated he had snagged a fair quantity of candied fruits (or just plain candy) as well. The heat was bothersome, but not so much that he'd shed his track jacket, though it was partly unzipped to show off a pineapple yellow shirt beneath.

Of course, he wasn't wandering just to sample the food. Part of any endeavour like this was networking, and Atagi was on a personal mission: meet people of note, note down all relevant information, and add them to his expanding repertoire of friends and contacts. After all-! his inner thoughts chimed in, in every story ever, the hero's surrounded by about a gorillion people from all walks of life, aren't they? Well, there was that, but he'd have been an egregious liar if he claimed to not care at all about meeting folk from places he had never been, and maybe even never would be.

If those who love life don't waste time, I oughta use this time intelligently, mhm mhm.

As luck would have it, someone 'of note' had cropped up in his vision. Stopping in his tracks, eyes meandered their way on over to a figure sat up on a fountain's edge, looking away from him, at the moment. If it was considered rude to stare, the Uzumaki was discourteous, frankly, gulping down the latest bite of his snack food.

Ah. That definitely looks like a person of note to me. As he made his approach on over, he thought about what to say. Comment on something arbitrary, maybe what she's eating-- then introduce yourself-- then ask her who she is. Easy.

Striding on over with a chest full of confidence, Atagi plops himself right on the fountain's rim, sitting to face the opposite direction, but sidled up on next to her, flashing her a winning smile, and launching into just saying whatever came to mind first, trusting his instincts and completely discarding the plan. ”Afternoon, yeah? I like your dango.” If she was paying even the remotest amount of attention, she probably would've noticed that his eyes were directed lower than her face until only after he finished the phrase. Of course, he noticed that she noticed, and on top of that that wasn't even what he had wanted to say, face already burning up from his immediate flustering. But he goes for it again, trying to recapture the momentum of the moment. ”No, er, I meant to say that I see you also like dango-. You're pretty hot out, today..er wait, that's not--”

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WHY ARE YOU SAYING 'YOU ALSO LIKE' IF YOU'RE CLEARLY HOLDING SOMETHING ELSE-- and did you mean to say it's hot out today???

Again, he stops himself abruptly, suddenly wishing that he just hadn't approached at all. His cheeks might've been more red than his hair, at this juncture. ”I..feel like I just botched this introduction. Can I get a re-do?” he asks shamelessly, a goofy grin slapped back onto his features, Atagi trying to shrug off and recover from the utter embarrassment that he'd just subjected himself to.

( )
aeron at thq
Knocker has written 329 posts
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 12, 2022 12:24:14 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

Introductions

Intellectually some villages were at the very forefront of budding technological advancement. Amegakure had their high tech mobility devices for navigating their vertical death trap of a cityscape. Iwa showed advanced architecture with their arena and sound system. And she'd even heard Yukigakure possessed a set of self propelling mine cars large enough to transport people like carts that ran along self propelled on it's own tracks. They called such a creation a 'train' though Azarea wasn't certain of the convention behind the naming. However she had heard rumors that while this 'train' was incredibly convenient for transport in the frozen north when things went wrong with it the wrecks were truly things of horror stories. All burning fuel, twisted metal, and mangled bodies.

Yet knowing all that Azarea really couldn't compare such things to the utter wreck the man who'd settled down on the edge of the fountain beside her was making of his introduction. His eyes lingering on the swell of her breasts where her cleavage peaked out from her low lying zipper. Azarea observing his attempts from beneath dark dusky lashes scarlet eyes glinting in amusement as she took a large bite out of her dango.

His second attempt didn't go much better as Azarea found herself struggling to keep a grin off her face as the red head floundered. His cheeks growing hot with a blush and honestly... he was doing so embarrassingly bad it was almost cute. As Azarea half contemplated just knocking him into the water for the fun of it to see his flustered expression, but that was probably bad and mean of her to do to a potential ally. Even one who was a terrible flirt.

"You know~" And she draws out the word in a soft musical drawl, "People usually start off with introducing themselves." She points out with a fanged grin as she slowly leaned into Atagi's space her smile teasing and predatory in a way that didn't really reach the woman's cold detached eyes.

"I'll demonstrate for you," The Kumo nin murmured tossing him a wink, "Hello. I'm Azarea. It's nice to meet you." She introduced herself offering him a hand in greeting.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 13, 2022 2:55:32 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Really, Azarea deserved some sort of medal for sitting through Atagi's initial blustering attempts at flirting, socializing, and an introduction all smacked together. Or so he was thinking to himself, anyway, that goofy grin and the deep shade of carmine painting his cheekbones evidence of the fire that was going on underneath his skin. Even if she had decided against knocking him into the fountain, there was a half-decent chance that he'd dunk his head in on his own. When she leans into his personal bubble, the Uzumaki resists the urge to draw back right away, eyes taking note of her fang when she smiled, and after, the unique coloration of her eyes, staring into them unabashedly, curiosity and wonder overriding sheer embarrassment.

The sweet-sounding drawl had done a good bit to calm him down, and the shinobi regains his footing, clasping onto the branch that was her response in the waterfall of discomfiture. Chest swells as he takes in a deep breath through the nose, lips barely parting for the exhale that followed, counting six seconds in, six seconds out. ”You're right, ah. You'll have to forgive me-- I swear I had a better plan, about two minutes ago. Something unexpected washed over me, once I got a closer look.” That goofy grin morphs into a softer smile, a brief pause before a continued, proper response.

"I'm Atagi-- Atagi Uzumaki, to be precise, of Kusagakure.” he remarked, simply, tone even kilter. ”If it's nice to meet me, then I insist that it's positively pleasing, to meet you in return.” he says, just a hint of mischief in his voice, the ghost of a sly smirk behind the soft smile. In truth, the man had stolen that line-- he had just been reading a new novel the last week, where a charming princely-type uses a similar line to impress a maiden (who has to pick between him and around twelve other suitors). Not that Azarea ever needed to know that.

Taking the offered hand, his nerves tingled-- he had yet to quite grow out of that strange instinctual fear/discomfort of a lady's touch, though he was working hard at it all the time. Like at this particular moment. A shake follows, and he glances to the streets, then back to her features. ”I don't imagine a woman both as strikingly beautiful n' decidedly unique looking as yourself is a regular around these parts-- you must be here for the exams, yeah? What, you...someone's tutor? Maybe their older sister?” Atagi probed delicately, at first, still restraining himself from firing on all cylinders just yet, whereas his usual self might've fired off four questions in sequence and then fifth in the middle of her response.

()

aeron at thq
last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Oct 13, 2022 4:06:35 GMT -5
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 13, 2022 13:24:56 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Favorite Books

Azarea can't quite help narrowing her eyes just a touch at that introduction line. His words reminding her of some... "Wait... do you read "Twelve Hands?" She questions recalling the princes intro to the lovely heroic maiden saint. The woman brightening a bit at the prospect as her eyes alight with interest. Ok sure sure maybe it was a bit of a cheesy romance manga, but the lines were just so good and she'd be the first to admit she was somewhat a sucker for the cliche good versus evil heroic montages with extra twists.

"That said it is a pleasure to meet you Atagi-san. I didn't expect to meet an Uzumaki all the way out here." Azarea quips keeping the handshake brief her gloves hands barely giving his own a squeeze before she sits back and returns his space to him with a smile. Clearly done tormenting the poor man when her heart wasn't really in it. Specially if he was a fellow 'Twelve Hands' fan. Though his question does leave her grimacing somewhat. Azarea well aware she was a bit on the older side for the exam.

"No. I'm a competitor. Took a nasty injury early in my career so promotion was delayed until I could return to the field." She explains, a short and sweet summary of an attempted clan coup and poisoning.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 13, 2022 19:24:40 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Yet again, he's caught slipping, face pallor when she drops the exact title of the cheesy romance novel (made for young women, no less) that he's plucked away his best attempt at a charming witticism from. ”I--. That...” Prickling reignites at his cheeks with yet another flush of them in clear embarrassment, and just when the first wave was beginning to subside, too. If just to buy a moment to organize his thoughts, Atagi takes a hearty bite out of the imagawayaki that he was working on, before setting it on the rim of the fountain, naught but the paper separating it from that slightly damp surface. ”...Alright, you got me! I know it probably seems lame, but I mean, listen. If Hisanobu's charming enough for Yotsuko and tons of readers worldwide-- I figured maybe getting some inspiration there wasn't a bad idea! Especially if I was trying to impress a prepossessing stranger.”

Now that mask, what little of it there was that he had put up anyway, had crumbled entirely away, the Uzumaki deciding that honest was the best policy after all, and that trying too hard was going to be to his detriment. Embracing everything about himself, dorkiness included, was typically his policy anyway.

That grimace didn't go unnoticed. Blinking rapidly, he waves his hands inbetween them, making an exaggerated 'x' with his hands over his lips, before lowering them again. ”I didn't mean anything by it. Actually, I'm a competitor too-- despite what my age might indicate. If I can ascend from geninhood before my twentieth birthday, I'll consider it a rousing success." Nodding twice her way, one to convince her, and another for himself. "It's a relief to know it's not just gonna be me standing alongside a bunch of twelve-year-olds. I hope we get the chance to work closely with one another, yeah?” A sparkle of roguery touches at irises of diluted amber. ”...and you know, maybe we can cooperate in the exams, too.” Since he wasn't actively imitating someone, the delivery was markedly better, this time.

Perking up, he raises a single finger as if to say 'wait just a second'. Left arm reaches into the opened up jacket, pulling out a leather bound journal, apparently tucked away on an inside pocket. Pen poking out from the space between the binding and the paper, grasped inbetween Atagi's fingers n' thumb, giving it a a little twirl. Flipping open to somewhere near the back, the tip of pen pressed to paper, scrawling away quiet n' quick. "A-za-re-a. Hair slash eyes of striking red. Potential ally.” Reading aloud that which he scribbled down, in part to keep his thoughts in order, and in part to not seem too suspicious. Blinking twice, he suddenly realized something, looking up from the page at her again. "Just that? Are you one of those folk who only has a single name? I love stories, so if you're afraid to ramble...don't be.” the fascination and general good mood that emanated from him was simply palpable.

()
aeron at thq
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 13, 2022 19:57:06 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Fan

"Are you insane?" Azarea questions face hard, voice flat, and scarlet eyes sharp and angry. "I fucking LOVE Twelve Hands!" She exclaims breaking into the first real smile she'd expressed in a while at the realization that she'd met another fan. "It gets such a bad rep as just a 'Girls Romance' novel and I hate that!" She rants letting out a frustrated *uuuggghhhh* at how often one of her favorite stories is overlooked.

"I mean it's so much more then just romance! There's the whole time travel aspect of Yotsuko returning to the past after living out her previous miserable life where she'd been unaware of her powers as a Saintess and kept ignorant so her evil step sister could use her like a magical battery and steal them in order to become the Saintess and Marry Crown Prince Hisanobu whom she fell in love with at first sight! I mean the trauma of going through all that and her tragic death at her own hands by poison when her sister frames her for treason to clean up her own loose ends and the tragedy where at the end the only one who remained with her was her loyal guard Shichiro is just so poignant!" The Kumo nin states with a decisive nod.

"Then for her to wake up at the age of thirteen and realize that she can do it all over again and this time right! Your heart just soars for her! And the thrill of her convincing Shichiro, who was barely older then her then, to help her escape and make her name as a Saintess and begin her revenge it's riveting! The way she seeks out Crown Prince Hisanobu as her sponsor and protector and the heartbreak you can see in Shichiro's face as he mourns slowly losing her attention to her various suitors all while knowing she's safer this way is utterly gutwrenching." Azarea rambled as she lifted a hand to wipe an imaginary tear from her eyes.

"However I don't mind teaming up in the competition portion of the exams should we end up on the same team. I've got plenty of mission experience and the important part will be to minimize the time lost with bickering over who is taking point. If we support one another then we'll have a better chance wrangling a lot of the younger kids and getting a good score." She agreed arching an amused brow at his note taking.

"You are right however, nothing to be ashamed of in getting here a little late. We still made it to the exams." The Kumo nin quips with a soft thoughtful hum.

"But no seriously. What do you think of the most recent Manga where Shichiro ends up departing to try and become of head of his clan despite being the seventh son in order to be able to stand on his own two feet and have something to offer Yotsuko? She was so confused why he left her as he never did so in the past, but I am convinced that Shichiro was the one who actually reversed time and hasn't told Yotsuko out of the guilt he feels over her prior death." Azarea questioned turning eyes burning with passion for her favorite novel onto Atagi... maybe not the passion the boy had hoped to be looked at with.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 3:04:35 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Blinking rapidly, Atagi was caught off guard by the sheer, sudden enthusiasm that Azarea threw up on display, but he quickly gets sucked into the pace, nodding along with exuberance of his own, clapping his hands together, pen and journal finding themselves jostled in his lap from the vivaciousness of his movement. ”Riiiight? It's way more than just some trashy self-insert-for-girls romance schlock!” Agreeing with her assessment on people having the wrong idea about it, nod after animated nod coming in sequence to make his feelings known.

Eyes glitter again, but it's a different kind of illumination from that roguish, 'won't say it aloud but you know what I mean' impression to that of a more straightforwardly sincere glint. ”I agree, I agree! I really feel for Shichiro, and for her, but the fact that even in her dying moments he's there holding her hand, and even offers her comfort despite the fact that the stoic protector is brought to tears himself. When he says that he's resolved to stay by her side and support her, no matter what. In this life or the next, always and forever...gosh, I got chills. We can only hope to feel that way about someone, one day.”

As she goes on to describe the ever-intricate details of the story, the Uzumaki can't help but smile. Was she getting even more attractive, as time went on? Perhaps it was just the shock of not yet having met someone with such a...zeal for literature. At least, nobody who was in his line of work at the same time.
”It's true-- some people say it's stupid and cliché for there to be a second chance type of arc, but it's fiction, yeah? Not everything has to be all gritty and hyper-realistic and depressing. I for one like that they get another go.” Waggling a finger at the imaginary detractors, as if to say 'how dare you'. ”It's heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time! Shichiro knows that if he's her only ally that things'll probably end like the first time around, but you just know that he wishes he could be. I feel like in his position I'd be so jealous I couldn't stand it. But maybe that makes what happens later make a little more sense.” Pursing at his lips, he considers her query about the most recent chapter, to boot.

Pausing, Atagi adds a small addendum to his notes on Azarea that simply states 'Twelve Hands Superfan', and leaves it at that, this time without speaking and drawing attention away from the far too important conversation at hand. ”It did seem like a little uncharacteristic-- I remember I was practically shouting internally 'You liar! You promised you'd stay by her side forever!' but if you're correct, I could see it being a setup for something better. My own workin' theory is that he at least knows, even if he's not the one who reversed time or made the new world or whatever. But at the same time, even if his intentions are good, it makes me worry, 'cause it seems like that Mamoru guy is going to use it as an opening to try and deepen his relationship with his 'Spellbinding Saintess'. If the way his tongue pokes from his mouth and the wrinkling at his nose was indicative of anything, it seemed to be distaste, or annoyance. ”And I get that he's all hyper-protective of her in his own way, and he just seems so perfect in that he's always insisting that he help take care of her, cooking and cleaning, buying her things...but something about him just gives me the creeps. I hope it doesn't end up in some bad-end scenario where this timeline she ends up seduced by him and...I dunno, kidnapped or dead or something like that, yeah? D'you think maybe I'm just being petty 'cause I don't like the character, or do you get the same vibe, Azarea-san?” Even if that passion wasn't what he was hoping for, he found it an entirely different kind of stimulating, and that was just fine, too. Better than fine, if the excess joviality emanating from him was anything to go by.

()
aeron at thq
last edit by Uzumaki Atagi on Oct 16, 2022 3:05:40 GMT -5
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 16, 2022 15:04:11 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Theories

"No I agree. Mamoru is super suspicious and I think he's going to use Shichiro's absence during his journey to gain his own strength to try and get closer to her. Have you noticed that before Shichiro left Mamoru only ever approached Yotsuko when Shichiro wasn't around? Where as the other suitors never gave Shichiro a second thought before trying to barge their way into Yotsuko's life?" Azarea points out nodding sagely in agreement with Atagi. A civilian might have missed the little details, but not a shinobi and Mamoru definitely gave her the creeps.

"Like even Prince Hisanobu clearly thinks there's something off about it, but he can't call Mamoru out on it because even though Mamoru is a commoner his family are one of the wealthiest in the entire country and basically run the kingdom's economy. So he clearly thinks that the reason Mamoru knows how to do all this stuff is due to his non-noble upbringing, but you and I both know rich people don't cook, or clean, or do those sorts of things for themselves anymore then nobles do unless it's some sort of strange hobby they don't want others to know about." She explains moving her hands animatedly as she talks clearly frustrated by the characters not having the same training as her and Atagi to pick up on the wrongness of it all.

"He treats her like a doll and the way he cooks for her and asks about her likes, allergies, and dislikes... I think he's going to pull something soon. I also noticed that all the character who are important to Yotsuko, even the ones that aren't suitors, have a clock number hidden in their clothes, but Mamoru's is so elaborate that it's hard to tell, but after looking at it for a long time... I think he's a false hand. Even Shichiro, loyal stalwart Shichiro, has a twelve shaped stitch patching a hole in his cloak Yotsuko mended for him." Azarea explains as she leans a touch closer dropping her voice to a whisper to share her fan theory with Atagi.

"And I think the reason he always avoided Yotsuki when Shichiro is around is Shichiro knows enough about Yotsuko and loves her so deeply and loyaly that he'd pick up on those little threatening details, but now that the cats away the rat's at play. I'm hoping they use this as a setup for Shichiro to return and for him and Prince Hisanobu to join forces."

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 18, 2022 3:15:50 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

”I did, I did! Even if they're all competing for her hand n' heart, at least they've got the gall to do it when her most loyal compatriot is around, right? You've gotta respect that much. But that little snake-in-the-grass, no-good...aaah!” Palms are pressed to either side of the top of his head, evidently frustrated that he can't do more to warn or help the Saintess from, you know, the real world.

When she leans in, he leans in in turn, first looking left then right as though there was some grand secret to be kept between the two of them. Eyes widen like little dinner saucers as she reveals the extent of her analysis. ”The clock number thing...I didn't notice, but-. That's brilliant! I'm gonna go back and check for 'em before I go to sleep in my lodging tonight, for sure, now. I'd love if Shichiro and Hisanobu joined forces instead of having this constant, awkward tension, like they're not sure if they can be friends but also love the same woman. Why the hell not, y'know?”Pausing, both to breathe and to think, he raises an index finger to his lips, touching inbetween them with the tip, a simple, instinctual gesture. ”You think they'd really do that, though? Have a false hand? And if he is, then I guess that means one of the characters who's yet to obviously be a suitor might be one.” Atagi's brain was working overtime more than it ever did (or probably would) during something more serious, at that particular moment, a look of intense concentration on his face. ”Maybe that masked man that keeps showing up 'stalking' her will come into play, when this all comes to a head? I just dunno what to make of it all...”

Letting out a theatrical relieved sigh, Atagi chortles, smiling so purely that it was plastered all over his features, manifesting in his eyes most of all. ”But that's what makes it so great! It's so unpredictable, and this is from a guy who's done tons of research regarding this stuff. I'm more excited for next month's volume now than I was this morning.” Giving a series of nods her way, he straightens up, again. ”So thanks, for that.”

()
aeron at thq
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 18, 2022 4:03:52 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Foreshadowing

"I know right!!! I mean look the Saintess isn't an object! She's a person! She'll choose which ever one of them her heart leads her too so those two really need to stop worrying and let their friendship develop. Besides... I mean it's not commonly done, but there's no reason if the three of them came to an understanding the two of them couldn't be with her together." Azarea bemoans with a shake of her head, "I mean really... I also kinda thing there might be more then just admiration and rivalry there with those two. The Prince goes on and on about how he can never entirely be his real safe and his eyes on Shichiro are definitely admiring in more ways then one. I really think the Prince is bi, but the pressure from the royal family to continue his line keeps him on the straight and narrow." Azarea theorized with a sigh and a shake of her head.

Before she goes silent and this time it's her turn to stare at Atagi with wide eyes. Her lips parting in a surprised little 'o' shape in shock, "Wait. WAIT! I think you might be onto something there Atagi!" The girl exclaimed grabbing him by the shoulders and giving the boy an excited shake. "Do you remember when the masked man first revealed himself to the Saintess in the moonlight of the ball after rescuing her from those kidnappers sent by her evil step sister at behest of the demon lord!? The shadows! The shadows the moonlight cast over his mask! DIDN'T IT LOOK LIKE THE NUMBER ELEVEN!? OH MY GOD! DID THEY LITERALLY FORESHADOW THE NEXT HAND!?" Honestly it's so obvious and yet subtle Azarea is practically furious she missed it. "Kami! I wish I had my books with me! Why aren't I better at sealing so I can just carrying them everywhere! Now I wanna go back to Book Number Four and check that scene again!" She bemoaned knowing she'd likely be left in suspense for the entire goddamn exam unless she bought all new copies.

"And yeah... honestly this has been the most fun I've had in a while. It's kinda let me forget that you know we're signed up for a gladiatorial death match." The woman muses kicking her feet back and forth in the fountain as she takes another bite of her dango.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 0:14:55 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Though Atagi experiences that familiar tenseness and the knot in his gut that's always accompanied by someone touching him without him being exactly ready, the truth of the matter is that he's having too much fun for it to be all that relevant. Head rocks back and forth enough that a lock of his hair's displaced, falling to settle inbetween his eyes, at his nose. Everything about his expression screamed 'curious puppy', save for the fact that his ears weren't literally perked. ”I, ah--. I don't actually remember! I'm sorry, yeah? I just, I guess I assumed that he was one of the ones that we already knew, in a mask, and not someone entirely different..” Nose wrinkles again, obviously unhappy with having missed such a crucial detail, bouncing his right knee in an annoyed fashion. Picking up pen, he puts it to paper once more, scribbling out a reminder to check this exact factoid.

The silence is lofty, for once, unlike a heavier awkward one, deciding to just let the moment breathe. That, and...he's still got the rest of his snack to indulge in, which he heartily does, picking up the yet-untouched imagawayaki, bringing it to be guillotined between his pearly whites, swipes of chocolate filling dotting at his lips, cheek, or chin, eager to finish it off quick to make up the time he had lost not doing so in the conversation.

Once he's cleared his mouth once more, Atagi nods in agreement at Azarea's assertion. ”Mhm! This is serious stuff, don't get me wrong, but. Levity is good in all things. And I'm an advocate of enjoying anything you do, even work-- or it's just sorta a waste.” Spinning the pen in hand, looking her up and down shamelessly again. ”You can't go dying on me now, yeah? It'd be an awful twist of fate from the gods to meet someone I can finally talk about Twelve Hands with and then you go biting it.” Briefly, a frown overtakes his features at the thought.

”Also, wait a second-- talking about all that wasn't a way of dodging my probing about your name, and by extension you, right? At this rate my notes on Azarea-chan's pluses and minuses is going to be a whole lotta nothing.” Eyes settle at her features, appropriately eager.

()
aeron at thq
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 0:30:52 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Names

"Yeah I really hope if I make chuunin I can get an allotment for some better equipment. I've run so many missions in order to get new equipment for the exams. If I had some scrolls I could carry my books with me and we could check it right now." Azarea groaned out with a shake of her head frustrated that she couldn't go back an inspect the scene.

"Oh did you hear? The author has a new series they're planning to do alongside Twelve Hands. Apparently this time they're doing another time travel novel, but it's more socially focused. Basically following the seventh princess of a daimyo who's country fell to ruin because her greedy older brother took the throne. Apparently the working title they're giving out right now for the new series is "Pearls To A Cat." Azarea quipped leaning back as she swung her feet back and forth in the cool water her expression thoughtful.

"And hey don't say things like that. You'll jinx me." She teased flashing the boy a grin, "But if you must know there's nothing really special in regards to my last name. I just don't have one. I'm not a legitimate child so I can't use my Mother's family name. My Father did add me to his clan's ledgers, but I didn't really get a say in it and being associated with that thug will just cause me more trouble then the name is worth." Azarea quips as she pulls a face in distaste and shakes her head.

Justu Goes Here

流人
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 22:40:49 GMT -5
Uzumaki Atagi
Keep on keeping on.
Uzumaki Atagi Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi

Atagi tilts his head up a little, looking oddly proud of nothing in particular. ”I thank the stars that I'm not written to be the sort that needs a million things to be useful-- most all I can do is contained right in here.” Atagi flexes an arm dramatically, as if he had much to show off (there was, but nothing so impressive it'd be noteworthy) and at the rest of his body. He also fails to discount that, perhaps, that means he's not useful at all in a wide variety of situations, as far as that goes.

”A new series?” Atwitter with excitement, he straightens out like a board, listening intently. ”They really got a thing for fallen nobility, huh? Makes me wonder if the author's got some sorta personal connection, there. Still, I suppose I'll keep harassing the local bookstore for 'em. Staying focused on getting through the exam alive n' well is more important, though-- if my story ended before Twelve Hands did, I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself.” As if he'd have to, if he were to perish. Trying to put up a more serious expression as he returns to his journal-scribbling, taking down that which Azarea regaled him with.

Bringing the pen up to his mouth, he briefly chews at the tip of it, then wipes it on the shoulder of his shirt before pointing it out her way. ”Ah! A bastard child without a last name, yeah? You could easily be the center of one of those stories, mhm mhm. That makes you all the more mysterious n' alluring to the audience, I bet.” And me. A voice inside of him quips. ”You gotta play that up.” Giving an enthusiastic nod, not making specific reference to what stories in particular, considering it to be obvious.

”If you had to pick three things you were good at, and three areas where you were poor-- in single words-- what would they be?”

()
aeron at thq
Did It Hurt? [Atagi/Azarea]Oct 19, 2022 23:39:38 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Less Fun Then In The Novels

"I'd really rather not play it up. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the drama novels, but real life is less fun." She quips with a grimace just at the thought. There was no kingdom waiting for her to reclaim. No position of power for her to win. The Hatake clan would go to Shinde the younger and Toshizou's favorite. His assets and contract would probably go to Tokaku. Uchiha tended to drive a hard bargain when it came to children and he couldn't leave her empty handed without making an enemy of the clan and those pinwheeled eyed people held grudges like nobodies business. And Azarea... well at least she got his face. Though truthfully she feels this is less a prize and more a curse. The young woman sighing softly as she shook her head.

Atagi's questions however did raise a brow, "If I had to name three things I'm good at... probably recognizing an obvious dig for information, not rising to said dig, and not smothering Atagi in the fountain for trying it. If I had to say three things I'm bad at... it'd probably be resisting using sarcasm, putting up with friends who make such obvious digs, and not smothering Atagi in the fountain for trying it." She adds giving him just enough time to process that before she sweeps her leg aiming a large splash right at the boy.

Justu Goes Here

流人

quick reply

compose a reply