routine bandit maintenance (again) | mission

compose a reply
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 9:54:34 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

Yet again, he'd found himself waiting at the border for another routine bandit maintenance: at the border of Nohara no Kuni and to ensure that their borders were being protected. It was the nature of ebb and flow of crime and military control, but one that Akira was happy to do. Why, one might ask? Well, death was the natural order of life and he had to ensure that he was getting his appropriate fill. It was good to train on lessers, and it was an opportunity for diplomatic peace between nations: Kumogakure, or more specifically, Azarea of the Aburame was coming to the border.

Sozin had thought it was a particularly long journey to make, but in the event of protection by the use of Hi no Kuni, it would have been a safe one for her to make. It was also a C-rank, so it wasn't like it paid the most, but rarely did they find out of country shinobi. So, what use did Azarea have of it other than the diplomatic cohesion between countries?

Oh, as a Councilman, he was more than happy to oblige that ticket and take the task on board. He waited - very patiently for Azarea to approach, whilst he waited he was sat in one of the erected tents, looking over a map of Nohara no Kuni. It was... particularly sparse, what with being so close to the border and so that it wasn't stolen by enemies of the state but hey, it was reading material for him to learn with. "I'd think so, yeah. That's not a bad choice..." Sozin answered a gaggle of other Shinobi as they'd approached him about the idea of bringing more ... kegs of alcohol to the camps from the motherland. Why, they asked? Medical purposes.

Of course it was "medical" purposes.

{Spoiler}Add any jutsu, relevant information here
has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 10:07:46 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

The Devil That You Forgot

Greetings

Truthfully Azarea's purpose in Nohara no Kuni was simple mix of diplomacy in addition to the fact that she was fairly self sufficient when it came to travel saving on funds and it was easier to take a handful of missions for each country she moved through to best line her pocket book. C-ranks didn't pay much, but they paid more then d-ranks and a handful of them could see her taken care of rent wise for a time and continue funding her purchase of additional much needed gear.

Weaving through the tents of the camp she found her eyes searching out Sozin's dark head of hair. Her heart a bit lighter for the chance to work with the man again and show him her progressing skills. As she found herself directed towards one of the main tents as the woman reached out brushing the entry flap aside to step inside. Her scarlet eyes adjusting quickly to the low light. "Sozin-san, it's a pleasure to be working with you. Have you been well?" Azarea inquired with a tilt of her head and a small fanged smile. The woman seeming to have grown into her form. A sureness to her step that hadn't been there before as she offers him a dip of her head in greetings. Getting the pleasantries out of the way, her face a sterner and more pragmatic mask in the face of business. The expression of a woman who knew her work and did it well.

SA's

Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria [Queen's Coronation Regalia]
A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 249 | @akira
Keen has written 1,221 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 10:19:23 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

They continued to converse and Azarea appeared in that time, he hadn't noticed her to begin with with his back to her. He would turn around, not having known none the wiser but the voice was familiar - enough to know it was Azarea despite not having the full means to percept as he used to.

Sozin came to a stand when Azarea approached. "Getting into the camp wasn't difficult, I hope?" He was being polite as always. "Good afternoon, though. I hope the journey was pleasant. The weather is much better here than in Kuwana." A light smile and sense of humour to his tone, in the aftermath of the Chunin exams. They were here today to focus on removing pests from the border though and he wouldn't waste any time. "I must be going, goodbye." He spoke to the other shinobi and quickly bid his farewells to them and stepped out of the tent and into the sunshine where he would stand for a moment to let his eyes adjust to the brighter sun, contrasted to the dimly lit tent.

"You'll get to see a bit of bloodshed today, unlike our other training session. Let's take a walk." He didn't hesitate to get them moving toward the source of his religious activity, not likely to try and upset his Lord by taking too long. They'd exit the camp before long.

Azarea had not been a topic of his mind since the exams with so many other pressing and important things to deal with, only since her name had cropped up in the list of missions did he remember her. A Genjutsu user, Doton - but a feisty one. Eager to learn, and Sozin was happy to continue facilitating that. "I'll admit I was surprised seeing your name on the mission docket, but today will be a great learning opportunity if you're happy for that? I anticipate we'll have a little resistance, but I've done this type of mission before and there's always something new." Again, the truth - he'd done this before with Kashiwa, and further out with the Jonin Hancho.

Still, there were always new and interesting scenarios to play out.

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 10:37:18 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday 5/31/-13sd rank Chuunin occupation War Council Apprentice

A Bit of Bloodshed

"The camp was not to difficult to find with a little direction," She assures him with a smile though mostly she had simply searched for a grouping of well developed chakra signatures and narrowed down the outposts location from there. "And Nohara no Kuni's weather is as always perfect," Azarea adds, in fact she finds it a little off-putting when she had grown used to the tumulus weather of Kaminari no Kuni, but one shouldn't complain of good weather. The woman unasked falling into a brisk step alongside Sozin as they exit the camp. Her strikes coming to match his own, two steps to his one, but the Kumo nin didn't appear to be struggling with the man's longer strides.

"I don't mind bloodshed. I don't savor it, but my skills tend to lend themselves better to more lethal combat." She admits with a loose shrug, "And I look forward to seeing your own skills in action. I think it'll be rather enlightening. Do we have any information on the bandit's we'll be dealing with or would you prefer I scout the area ahead of time and relay what info I find back to you before we move in?" Azarea questioned with the sort of even calm professionalism of someone who'd handled missions such as these before. No hint of gawking nor appearance of being taken aback at the necessary task at hand.

"As you assessed from our previous spar I'm more of an ambush predator, but I've worked since our prior meeting to be more capable of handling direct combat if you wish to take the group on directly." She adds deferring to the more experienced shinobi.

SA's

A mutated variant of the Aburame clans Yūdai no Omorejō ["Bewildering Grandeur of the Alpha"] resulting from the subsequent poisoning of Azarea's former Yūdai no Omorejō hive to prevent potential hijutsu theft. While the Joō no Taikanshiki no Regaria lacks the Yūdai no Omorejō size instead Azarea's hive has maintained the ability to produce alpha pheromones and commanding vibrations. Evolving instead to hyperspecialize in these two aspects allowing them to produce pheramones and vibrations strong enough to be detected by human hearing and sense of smell.

Reigning Chakra Control
Fine tuning her chakra control to a razor's edge Azarea is capable of performing delicate techniques with minimal to no wastage of chakra. Allowing her to conserve her reserves in prolonged combat and managed more finickity techniques and jutsu.

Kagura Mind's Eye
Born with a natural affinity towards sensing chakra like her Father before her Azarea has trained herself to become a capable sensory shinobi. Unlocking the Kagura's Mind's Eye, and with it, the ability to passively sense chakra signatures in the distance (when using the technique), thus allowing her to not only track, but also memorize a person's chakra signature, even if barely any chakra is being used. Due to her proficiency with this technique, Azarea can currently passively sense chakra up to 500 meters and actively at 2.5 kilometers.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 278 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 18:08:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He nodded. Ninja tended to be taught on maps. Some better than others. Sozin was not one of those people. Still, she appreciated the weather. Sozin understood that too. "I will admit it's good." He had been all across the world and different climates: this was good.

"I don't have any information, there's usually swathes of people that travel about the nations for their own malicious purpose. That's OK. I have no use for ambush tactics. I'll create a diversion for you to pick off people with - unless you want to get your hands dirty. They're in that direction-" He pointed to their intended direction. What that loosely translated to was that Sozin was going to go all out aggressive against the would-be invaders and Azarea would be able to pick them off while he created that distraction. While he hadn't stated it - his religious laws prevented him from doing such things, unless he was putting kidnapping on the table. He still had to be careful obviously, but arrogance was still there plainly.

"Can I ask, how you injured your eye?" One of the questions he'd had the first time around was surrounding her appearance but he had kept it to himself in his politeness, but a second time around? That was a fair game, he thought to himself. He himself... well. The other self - they were littered with scars from battles lost, and battles hardly won. He had lost a lot more than he won, which was why he was where he was now with his combat experience.

Sozin didn't know it, but Azarea's sensory abilities would soon start to pick up as the distance ticked over in the direction that Sozin had pointed earlier as they grew closer, more and more signatures would start to pick up. 10 - 20, 30, 40 until the group settled. Roughly 100 people were stationed in an area off the beaten path. One might have thought that it was another outpost, but no - only a few developed signatures that indicated shinobi. That led to the conclusion, then, there were mainly Ashigaru bandits - all deserving of a slow death, in his own mind. But he wouldn't be able to perceive that and it would be up to Azarea to point it out.

So close to a outpost, though. For what reason?

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 18:32:30 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

A Bloody Truth

"You provide the distraction. I'll pick off anyone who tries to run or go for your back." Azarea agrees happy to have such a practical strategy. It left room for adaptation given so few plans ever survived the first kiss of combat. Simpler in a way was always better. Less moving parts to mess up or cause issues. His question about her eye though catches her by surprise as she half turns facing him full so he can see the other twin matching scars on her left cheek as the woman blinks. For a moment she considers giving the same bland answer she offers those curious, but without the stomach for the evils of the world. A glance at Sozin however changes her mind.

"The man I believed to be my Father at the time forced poison down my throat as punishment for a crimes of my Mother. He got a bit over enthusiastic with his grip on my face. I think he wanted me to beg him for forgiveness, but when I refused to do so he attempted to claw both my eyes out. He nearly got one, but the guards pulled him off at me before he could get another swipe in." She states words blunt and without emotion. She'd overcome those trials and in time would pay back the pain wrought upon her.

As they approach the direction Sozin indicates she pauses in her step frowning, "I'm picking up a large mass of chakra signatures. Do you have an outpost here or..." She trails off concentrating, "I'm detecting children as well." Azarea adds unable to believe such tiny fledgeling signatures could be anything, but kids.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 278 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 18:50:10 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Great strategy." Simpler plans were usually the best, for him, his religion and the wanton violence he was going to do. His question hadn't gone unheard by Azarea and in the moments that went by he wondered whether or not it would be a bland response but his eyes widened a little bit as he was told what was presumably the truth. Sozin had zero reason to disbelieve her.

Akira looked to the floor as he walked, smiling. "I've died a few times. Not because of family members, though." It was his way of sharing back with her and she might have not known it but it felt... absolutely fantastic to tell the truth, a weight from his own shoulders to say what he had been wanting to say out loud but couldn't. If she had the ability to perceive lies: there would be none. It was his own way of relating back to her. It invigorated him to say what felt like a dirty little secret, in all the giddiness of a child while he remained smiling.

That wasn't a fun story for her. And as a Genin, or younger? That was not good. "Ninja are pieces of work, I'll give you that much." He stopped though when he saw from his peripheral that she did and saw her frown. He tilted his head, wondering the hold up. He studied her features as she explained - or rather - told what she felt.

Sensory.

Akira had seen it time and time again - Yoshiko had it, and he'd heard of various others. Unless she had a different type of sensory ability? "No." Akira said flatly, only because he knew that was where their friends were to be found. Not this close together anyway, it was why there were regular patrols - just like other nations had their own patrols.

But Sensory was his closest bet having run into so many people who did have it. "Shinobi, or not? Children are oft used as weapons of war, as you know." He was asking the pertinent questions as he put on his thinking face. Were they running an operation of some sort, or moving them through their own land? It didn't seem to disgust or perturb the man at the revelation of children.

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 15, 2022 19:16:33 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Secrets

"I guess in a way it's a good thing I wasn't actually related to him. My biological Father is just as much a bastard, but he's never tried to kill me. Nearly let me be killed yes, but never dirtied his hands. Not sure if that's better or worse," She admits with a loose shrug and an indulgent smile like two academy students on the playground playing hooky from class. Their own little secret.

"I guess you must have had some good medic nin lend you a hand. Gotta admit there's a bit of an extra sting when it's family that put you into that state." She quips as they slow to a stop Azarea closing her eyes as she forms the seal and fully focuses on her senses to delve through the details needed now that it was confirmed whatever she was senses was certainly foe rather then friend.

"None of the smaller chakra signatures seem to have coils developed enough for jutsu, but that doesn't mean they're not trained though..." And her brow furrows as she concentrates. "They're all clustered together pretty close. Either in a nursery of some sort or... potentially a cage. They don't seem to be moving around a lot so I believe it may be the latter rather then the former." She muses as if it was a nursery the kids would be moving about.

"That doesn't mean they might not be weapons, but I believe if they come at us I can disable them non-lethally without issue. If they've been taught combat skills then that means they'd do well in the Kusa's academy which would certainly be a better life then living as a bandit footsoldier." She muses reluctant to kill children if their lives could be saved and the course of their future altered. Especially if these kids were nothing, but caged cannon fodder.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
NAME: Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] [X]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu // Hijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, KME or Sensory SA
DESCRIPTION:
This ability allows the user to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. This is done by focusing and opening the mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost many users keep it active often. The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including the user, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, the user can perceive its location and movement with great detail.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count:312 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 17, 2022 9:11:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Azarea listed off in a bit more detail the family history and Sozin himself didn't particularly care that much: it was an interesting nugget of history that helped him understand Azarea a bit more. He thought of himself. "Yes." There had been good medic nin. The best - the light of the Lord. Still they had a mission to focus on and Sozin would have that occupy his thoughts and time for the time being, he waited for her to gather her information having his own little thoughts in the mean time.

The more interesting information was how they were all spaced together - that was battle information. "What kind of numbers are we talking?" There was power in information though he didn't regard it as highly as he used to - his memory was just another tool in the book.

"Mm. It's something we can consider." He didn't have a lot of faith in it but they could look into it. There were criminals - they were criminals. He more likely expected it to be a trafficking situation of which he'd dealt with before in his lifetime.

"I'd like to not hold any longer while they're on our borders. Do you have anything else you can share from your... abilities?" He asked as they picked up a pace, wondering when they would come across a camp - and what environment they'd put themselves in. There would be somebody worthy of a sacrifice here he thought.

In reality as a primarily flat country, they were set across the plains and beside a forest - with erected tents and equipment strewn to the sides of tents with wooden equipment.

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 17, 2022 9:34:31 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Numbers

Keeping her eyes closed Azarea focused hard on what they now knew to be a camp as she breathed in through her nose and did a mental tally of the enemy. "Thirty foot soldiers and I'm sensing ten individuals with enough chakra capacity to potentially be low ranking shinobi. Academy dropouts or maybe defecting genin from here or elsewhere." Azarea summarizes as her brow furrows. "They appear to be patrolling in groups of five. Four soldiers, one shinobi per squad with four squads currently out on patrol on the perimeter. The Children are near the center of the camp and I'm picking up seven of them." She reports scarlet eyes opening once more as she glances towards Sozin.

"If you are going to charge in I think tactically it'd be best for you to yell out "Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu." She suggests, "I suspect you've got the swordsmen lungs to make the sound carry and I can use the auditory trigger to capture most of the camp in my fog genjutsu while avoiding snaring you. It'll make it easier for me to secure the children and take out stragglers." Azarea explains knowing the man was familiar with the technique from their spar together.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
NAME: Kagura Shingan [Kagura Mind's Eye] [X]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu // Hijutsu
ELEMENT: N/a
REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, KME or Sensory SA
DESCRIPTION:
This ability allows the user to find, sense, and track individuals through their chakra over vast range that exceeds ten kilometers. This is done by focusing and opening the mind's eye, though due to the low chakra cost many users keep it active often. The ability also extends to telling when a person is lying from the fluctuations in a person's chakra made from dishonest emotions or detecting if someone, including the user, is under a genjutsu. Also by focusing on a particular chakra, the user can perceive its location and movement with great detail.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 203 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 18, 2022 7:36:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Noted." Quite a few of them, then. It had been a while since there was such a large group of people... They were keen on keeping their perimeter safe, but Akira would tear them down. She had an idea though, and he thought about it. "Hm?" He considered it.

Noted - but he wouldn't be using any chakra himself. It felt dirty to help someone facilitate their own Genjutsu techniques. There was no hope in hell the man would even form a handseal, let alone use a Genjutsu technique. "I don't like that but I'll do it." Sozin wouldn't elaborate on that, since all he wanted to do was fight. But, it made sense and it would help them accomplish their mission. At least, it did serve the aspect of letting them suffer. That was coherent with his religious laws.

"Let's get going then." Sozin knew they would be likely coming up to them any time soon and it would become apparent with noise being made, not by particularly stealthy people (but he anticipated they weren't trying to be stealthy as much as they were a threat) for them. It didn't perturb him to move out from any obscurity into full view, causing a group to encircle him - or rather, semi circle. A few with spears: all aimed down toward him. "That's far enough!" Their leader spoke, and they grunted loudly, like a kiai: so there was some training. "What are you doing out in these woods, little mole? Don't you know that Kusagakure shinobi protect their borders?" Sozin asked in his gentle voice. "I'd suggest you get a move on. There's dozens of us and you have no chance by yourself." The leader was aggressive in their tone back and the spearmen took a step forward: trying to entrap him.

"If you give up now, I'll make your deaths painless." A clear lie, but he could tell that his smile was unnerving them as he took out a dagger. "Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu!" Akira shouted: that would give up his presence and stealth immediately, but as far as they were concerned - he was alone.

A fatal mistake on their part as they all turned their attention to the source of the noise.

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 18, 2022 10:23:51 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

A Sprung Trap

"Well then let's make them regret prowling your borders then shall we?" Azarea quipped as she held up a single seal the woman seeming to flicker out of existence blending into the world around her like glass amidst water. Carefully moving to follow in Sozin's wake so her own movements could not be detected by the bending of the taller grass. The Kumo nin keeping low and to the swordsman's shadow as they approached the first group.

The men appeared to understand how to wield their spears. Their handle on their weapons far from sloppy, but their movements didn't speak of much experience. Probably rogue recruits or someone amongst them had drilled the lot of them. Tensing in preparation for a fight Azarea waited posed like a spider amidst it's web~

The moment Sozin yelled out the jutsu his lungs carrying the words the Kunoichi dropped her seal snapping her net of chakra over all those who had had the misfortune to hear Sozin's yell. The woman feeling the immediate drain on her reserves as her genjutsu latched into their minds as mist seemed to rise from the dew laden grass obscuring the vision of those around them until they could barely see their own allies with which they were crowded next to shoulder to shoulder. The trap set and sprung as maintaining the genjutsu Azarea flickered through a series of handseals, "If you keep your strikes above their knees I'd appreciate it as you won't risk clipping me." Azarea murmured flashing Sozin an appreciative nod as the young woman dropped into the earth like a shark into water.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
NAME: Tairai Joukei no Jutsu [Plain Sight Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 1
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
This jutsu while not being able to be used offensively can make many jobs much more simple. This technique causes all other people who can see the user's handseal to not notice them. Meaning that when someone is using this technique people will subconsciously not take notice of them, the affected person(s) eyes looking around or right past them. Even in combat this can be a useful technique, as long as the user holds the seal the opponent will find it impossible to bring any focus on the user from their five main senses.
A technique meant for assassinations and infiltrations, its only true drawback is the small amount of chakra required to maintain it and the fact that the user must hold the seal while using it, making them unable to use other techniques. This technique however does not stop the target(s) from utilizing additional senses from detecting them. This including, but not limited to sensor shinobi.

NAME: Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu [Continuous Fog Technique] SUSTAINED
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Developed as a genjutsu version of the hidden mist technique it allows for the same effects as the ninjutsu version with much less chakra utilized. The target seeing a thick fog or mist rising up to obscure their vision and even their hearing. Less experienced users of genjutsu usually leave it at this, but more experienced practitioners will add in the proper smells and even the damp feel of the fog to the target(s) senses. The technique is triggered by the user saying the techniques name; although they'll often render a handseal or two as well to make the target(s) believe it is actually a ninjutsu.

Name:Dochuu Eigyo - [Underground Fish Projection]
Chakra Usage: Low [Continuous]
Type: Ninjutsu [General]
Element: Doton
HANDSEALS: 2
Description
Dochuu Eigyo is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. The technique allows the user to slowly move through soil. This allows the user to hide from enemies or to launch a surprise attack. It should be noted however that the user can not move through stone and while in the ground they are unable to take a breath.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 269 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 19, 2022 8:50:14 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

The rest of the camp had tried to start making their way toward the commotion - through the mists, haphazardly at the perceived threats. They were running into things, not coordinated: apparently nobody knew Genjutsu or pointed out it was a Genjutsu? If they had, Akira had not heard it from their ranks. What he did hear though, loudly, drowning out any of the other noises, were people already crying out in pain.

The spearmen who had set their pointed sights onto Akira had not been stagnant whilst he spoke and already had tried to take a lunge forward as he spoke. He had already withdrawn his blade by that point and so by point of counter, had parried one upward, while his opposite and free hand deftly pushed another to the side: yanking it away. It was wing chun, only he held a knife in one hand and taijutsu in the other.

As Azarea in their close proximity asked him to keep his strikes to a minimum height, Sozin smiled at her. "Of course." Only - he would take it to heart. The next following seconds were the first group struggling against the man, one thrown off balance, the other trying to step back so they could try to pierce him again, and the other just trying to

On the positive side, the Genjutsu had been cancelled out by the pain that he had caused. On the negative side: they had no legs from the kneecpa down. The dagger was still long enough to poke through someone's back from their front, and so slicing through them with his own strength was more than easy enough. Two - three, and four. The spearmen had tried to repeat back, but his own training and why he hadn't chosen the spear was because if someone was too close to you, it was already over and these fools couldn't understand what positioning meant.

The Shinobi, instead of the spearman had taken to breaking one of their fingers to remove the technique - and revealing the corruption and blood around him, Sozin still hadn't yet taken any sort of attack. "You can't win against all of us!"

"Hm." Sozin smiled at him. The furnace was turning on - having dispatched three of them, bleeding out on the floor with their legs removed. He pointed the weapon at him. "It's sad you won't be around to see it." Sozin stood on, and then over, one of the Ashigaru. Beneath him, they'd slowly tried taking out a knife. Sozin didn't even look down at them as he stomped - keeping his sights on the shinobi, turning their windpipe into something else entirely. The knife fell to the floor from their hand, having gone limp.

They began to perform some seals, and Akira would stab at their hands, forcing them to back off - but however they backed off, Sozin was the same range, attacking at them. Of course, currently, he wasn't getting anything in: but the man, who he had now identified as a Ninjutsu user, was having no luck either. "Keep running, little mole,"

The force of his dark whispers would come out full force: the surrounding area would fill some of the lesser shinobi with dread, more of the experienced shinobi with doubts, and even whatever children: to soil themselves. All coming from the single source of Shinobi somewhere within the forest that they couldn't see.

"Run, run, little one." The shinobi he fought turned tail - Shunshining away. It caused Akira sigh. "Of course." His voice was flat. They all used Shunshin.

He started walking toward their main camp - and now just starting to see the commotion being caused by the Genjutsu en masse.

A boon granted to all of the Followers of Akui is their ability to subtly manipulate individuals; to emit a dark of feeling of dread and coldness (when they wish) and also exists to heighten the target's existing feelings so that they can be slowly proselytize them. [If a Follower of Jihi is present, Jihi's Calm and Dark Whispers will cancel one another out as if the SAs were not present.]

has written 0 posts
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 19, 2022 9:53:34 GMT -5
Aburame Azarea
Aburame Azarea Avatar
groupnull

Predator & Prey

Sozin was a hunter. The way his chakra rippled and calmed... no calm wasn't the right word. He had always been calm, but this was a sort of satisfied otherworldly zen. As if the man had simultaneously found his purpose within the universal and yet was apart from it. His emotions distant sparks devoured by the almost... static of his chakra rather then the bright waves Azarea often sensed from others. Yet annoyance was a feeling she was familiar with. The sense of a predator who's prey had slipped from between their teeth. As the Shinobi shunshin'ed backwards and away from Sozin landing within the tree line to try and regain his breath and weave through a series of seals to continue his attack he had only a moment's rest before~

The scream of Sozin's prey cut through the air like a blade through wheat as one of Azarea's hands grasped his ankle dragging the man downwards while the other raked a kunai across the backs of the shinobi's legs. Hamstringing him and leaving him with one foot trapped in the earth. The Shinobi was Sozin's prey and she wasn't petty enough to steal what he'd rightfully claimed.

Instead Azarea slunk off back into the earth after her own targets. Taking advantage of the fog as she approached one of the panicked patrols their backs to one another where they had circled up and... suddenly their circle was one smaller as like a trapdoor spider Azarea dragged one of the Ashigaru fully into the earth slicing his throat before the man could scream... and their circle was now down by one. The woman popping up here or there amidst the chaos to rake her blade along the legs of those fearful and claim victims of the unwary as Sozin sowed fear amidst their ranks. Hamstrung prey couldn't run. Their only option was to turn and fight.

SA's

Reigning Chakra Control

Kagura Mind's Eye

Techniques
NAME: Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu [Continuous Fog Technique] SUSTAINED
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Low | To Maintain: Very Low
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Developed as a genjutsu version of the hidden mist technique it allows for the same effects as the ninjutsu version with much less chakra utilized. The target seeing a thick fog or mist rising up to obscure their vision and even their hearing. Less experienced users of genjutsu usually leave it at this, but more experienced practitioners will add in the proper smells and even the damp feel of the fog to the target(s) senses. The technique is triggered by the user saying the techniques name; although they'll often render a handseal or two as well to make the target(s) believe it is actually a ninjutsu.

Name:Dochuu Eigyo - [Underground Fish Projection]
Chakra Usage: Low [Continuous]
Description
Dochuu Eigyo is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. The technique allows the user to slowly move through soil. This allows the user to hide from enemies or to launch a surprise attack. It should be noted however that the user can not move through stone and while in the ground they are unable to take a breath.

Name: Shinjuu Zanshu no Jutsu - [Double Suicide Decapitation Technique]
Chakra Usage: Low
Description
Shinjuu Zanshu no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilizing the Earth Element. The ninja will travel through the ground to appear below their target. They will then surprise their target by then pulling them into the ground. Once in the ground their target is thus immobilized. It should be noted that the technique can only be used over short distances.

流人
                           Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 316 | @akira
routine bandit maintenance (again) | missionNov 19, 2022 10:08:21 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Sozin came to a stop again from afar as he watched the spectacle. She could have done that with Sozin himself in their training field as well. It was lateral thinking: it was clever if she could do it without being seen. He knew without any form of enhanced perception, which he did not have, would have fell for it as well and that would have been his one of six. A pathetic way to die.

Did he sense a bit of admiration for a moment? Seeing her disappear and leaving the man to clamber for himself. If his spirit could have taken a shape, it was the shape of a wolf: static flickering through the air as he moved toward the man. "I wonder..." his voice carried across the floor of the forest, the dread in full swing as he turned their emotions and roused them up to 11 - this wasn't proselytising as it was making them choke on their own emotions. For some that was anger: for this one who was unable to do anything than stare as a man made their way toward them, was fear itself.

They began to perform some handseals, trying to do anything and Sozin sped forward: but they faltered in their handseal, and as he started to put his dagger toward the man's hand, they stopped, clambering for their own chest - again he stopped, wondering if it was on purpose or not. Would this hurt? Was he about to breathe out some hot fire on Sozin's face point blank?

No. It was a heart attack, and the man was only able to stare as their world went dark. Fear had killed him.

Sozin stood to his full height, surveying his surroundings and the other screams.

There it was.

Joy.

He sped up and straight into the camp: they were all clumping together, while some had spotted him and others were falling behind because of Azarea's plainly lethal demeanor. There were children in cages, alright: and it looked like a hostage situation was being set up because a few of them were trying to pile barrels, wood and all assortments around the cages.

He rang a bell: retrieved from his position - and got their attention over to him, causing an influx of people to move toward their direction and it was just chaos. People were fighting one another on account of not being able to see correctly. This was the design of poorly trained Ashigaru - Shinobi trying to bark orders.

One of them did get the drop on Akira though, managing to drop a hook into his shoulder, "fuck-" Sozin breathed out as he was pulled back. Then stunned, as through the metal itself a Raiton technique was used: paralysing him. That was not good at all, his muscles began to spasm and stop working. He knew this would lead to burns if he wasn't careful, and ripped the hook from his body between all of the spasms and aberrations of movement and fell to his knees. That would take a moment to recuperate from. He looked up: seeing his new assailant. He smiled. "An opponent, finally-"

has written 0 posts