steaming nights and waking daydreams

compose a reply
steaming nights and waking daydreams Jan 22, 2023 17:17:40 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

So she not only understood but had an idea about how to achieve that? It was excellent. Brilliant, even: and by then he had his arms crossed watching her with interest: rather than feeling awkward by keeping his hands by his sides. "That was the idea..." He wanted something easy; on top of his ... hopefully more comprehensive designs.

That was interesting: laying one message on top of the other. Another opportunity for him as well. "Very smart, Ran-san." Sozin would smile at her if she so looked back at him. "I'll try not to write love poems." Sozin did have some humour to the situation, but if it had been so: he would not have hidden it. There was no purpose to it.

She did accept his offer, though, and Sozin would turn around to grab some more drink for her: while she was having her moment. There had been no initial audible noise for him to respond to, and so he had turned, held out a drink for her when he noticed her demeanour - now standing, and a shinobi of his calibre was enough to tell the positioning was... not correct. "Ran-san are you ok?" His face showed a bit of concern. "Do I need to get someone?" He wasn't a trained medic.... not by proper standards. All he knew was the basic stuff - and he didn't even need that.

{Spoiler}Add any jutsu, relevant information here
has written 0 posts
steaming nights and waking daydreams Jan 23, 2023 19:57:29 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
age 27 years old birthday August 14 rank A-Rank occupation Geisha
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
TAG - @akira

NOTES
Since the revelation that she had been poisoned slowly for about four years of her life, the woman had had to live with the remnants and ramifications of the substance in her system, until they developed a cure for it. Normally it wouldn't cause her much problems, but she hadn't necessarily been taking care of her body as one would imagine under such circumstances. "I'm...alright..." her voice was strained and through labored breathing, she wouldn't look at Sozin, for she knew that any display of weakness would be one that could be exploited, depending on the person. "I have some painkillers in my belongings in my room....could you...please get some for me?" The woman would sit down again, her gaze still avoiding the man as much as possible.

If he chose to comply, the man would walk down the hallway to the opposite side of the ryokan, coming to a pair of sliding doors revealing almost the same layout of a room as his own. On the tatami mat near the entrance, he would find a small bag, with a purple orchid sewn beautifully on the silky fabric. Within the bag he would find a small pill case containing small spherical pills that seemed too big for anyone to swallow. She would be waiting for him at exactly the same place he had left her, her hand gripping the edge of the table a little tighter as another wave of pain consumed her.

She almost wished she never found out the cause of the pain, as she had willed herself to believe that she was simply a person who attracted misfortune. Shiina understood that an antidote was being developed, and that the painkillers was only a temporary form of relief to the deep-rooted problem. Her body trembled, cold sweat beginning to form on her forehead, and her hands shook as she battled with the pain, unable to keep her composure. Once he returned, she would hopefully take a pill and slowly feel relaxed enough to answer his queries, if he had any. "I...apologize for what you witnessed now..." her voice was still a whisper, as she caught her breath slowly.
MADE BY MIZO
Nue has written 269 posts
steaming nights and waking daydreams Feb 1, 2023 8:27:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He didn't want to leave his bag of things: this was how they got stolen. How information was taken - "Yes, of course, please sit down." Akira would guide her using his own hands so that she sat down, and on his way out the bag would be over his shoulder - he hadn't unfastened everything just yet. "What room?" Akira would ensure to get those details before going out to her room.

Now, he was happy to comply. Did he look through her things, also? The man did have the desire to - but really, what self serving shinobi or person of interest wouldn't take steps to hide it... and what good could it have come of what he currently perceived to be a civilian? Though - she did have

These thoughts ran through his mind as he did actually do as she instructed, but eventually decided against the thought. He didn't want to overextend any good will: it was already a reflection on him and Kusagakure and because he'd done what was perceived to be the correct thing wanted the repeat business.

He would return - no more than two minutes later, offering her the item - bag again dropped by the door. Then: holding a cup for her if she needed something to drown the pills with. "It's fine." Whether or not it was actually illness - or sickness - was beyond him. "Lay down if you need to." Akira offered his own bed - something she could use if needed.

has written 0 posts
steaming nights and waking daydreams Feb 2, 2023 17:01:30 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
In the city of fools, I was careful and cool but they tore me apart like a hurricane.
TAG - @akira

NOTES
Shiina felt slightly embarrassed that Sozin had to see her in this state. She told him about her room, where to find her medicine and what medicine to take from her belongings, all without giving even a moment's thought that perhaps the man would rummage through her other belongings. It wasn't really that she trusted he wouldn't, but rather that she was too preoccupied with the pain she currently felt to really consider that a possibility. And as he returned with her bag and gave her the medicine, it would dawn upon her that perhaps he had done so. Well...there was nothing she could do about it now, she thought to herself, accepting a glass of water he offered to take her medicine with.

The young woman bowed her head as a silent thank you, as she closed her eyes, taking in deep breaths so as to steady not only her breathing but her heart rate. At his offer of his bed, she would refuse, shaking her head. "It's alright really...I'll be fine within a few minutes..." She supposed he would have questions, if he cared enough to ask them, to which she would entertain to the best of her ability, without giving away information about herself that was either incriminating or gave an indication that she was more than who she seemed. After a minute or two of silence, she would feel her breathing steady, and her golden hues would once more find Sozin's face. "I apologize again for troubling you..." her voice trailed as she shifted in her seat.

"I suppose you may have questions for me." It was not every day that a woman would be struck with illness to the degree that she had been, and definitely not a woman who held herself the way she did. Shiina would begin the conversation, unsure of whether the man was even going to entertain it. But she was doing her due diligence, after all, and no fault could come from such an action. "I thought the pain wouldn't grace itself upon me as it did, and so I'm sorry if I unnerved you, even a little." The look on her face was of genuine apology.
MADE BY MIZO
steaming nights and waking daydreams Feb 15, 2023 10:36:19 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Don't be." Sozin was happy to help. People needed people like him, and he was a man of the people. When offered the opportunity to ask for questions, Sozin would shake his head. "I do not need to pry." He was happy to let her have her condition. But, when she apologised again, he responded in the same manner. "Don't be." Sozin was happy to help.

She was definitely apologetic and Sozin wouldn't have it. His hand would show a 'stop' motion. "Focus on feeling better." He would seat himself at the edge of his bed, interlacing his fingers with one another. He had seen so much, this did not bother him and she was nobody to him.

Still, she was useful now - and that warranted some sympathy. "Is there anything I can do to relax you?" He'd ask, if that was appropriate for the moment - alcohol tended to help, though he wouldn't drink it... massages, more water time and to let their hands shrivel? There was a place for them to remain seated and converse though, perhaps in a sense of kindred spirits would when alone and left to their own devices.

has written 0 posts
steaming nights and waking daydreams Mar 10, 2023 10:32:49 GMT -5
Ryuujin Shiina
Ryuujin Shiina Avatar
groupMissing-Nin
TAG - @akira

NOTES
Her eyebrows slightly raised at his blatant refusal to ask questions caught her off-guard. There was always a time and place to ask questions, and for most people, such time and place would have been now. But she would accept the fact that he was simply not the prying type, and for a fleeting moment, she would appreciate it. The woman gave a small smile, thinking of what would help her given her situation and circumstance. There wasn't much that people had done for her in the past, nor was there anything that she could think of at that moment. And then she remembered the alcohol.

"I wouldn't mind sharing that drink we originally had planned..." her voice was never above a whisper as she looked away from Souzin. She was no alcoholic, that much needed to be established, but there was definitely a relaxing component in alcohol that had helped her once upon a time. Though, she needed to remind herself, too much of a good thing often led to the opposite effect, which she had indeed experienced when she went overboard and drank too much in a state similar to what and how she felt now. "If you wouldn't object..." she finished the sentence, her hues resting back on his face.
MADE BY MIZO
steaming nights and waking daydreams Mar 25, 2023 8:10:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He had no idea if there would be a reaction between the alcohol and the 'medication' she had been using - but it was to her to tell him otherwise. He would help her facilitate the sin of gluttony: a light smile aloft his lips as she coyly objected - "I don't." He would fill a glass and offer it to her. But - he'd gotten a bit of information now and he would be better for it. On the bright side - he hadn't expected anything in the first place form her that would be useful.

If he couldn't ask about her clientele (and it seemed as though it would never be told- a fruitless question to ask) then he could move on to other parts of her life. "Do you find yourself in work consistently?" Still semi-unsure if she was a woman of coquettishness. There were still aspects of their society which were incredibly traditional. Tradition for tradition's sake: passed from family to child. Sozin had always found difficulty in that life, knowing that it had to be as malleable as a battlefield: anyone could do anything and knowledge was the great barrier between life and death.

Of course, life and death persisted everywhere in his own line of work. Sozin would offer her a more comfortable seat if she chose to - and he would get his own even if it meant being a little bit uncomfortable as he sat, given they weren't using his bed.

has written 0 posts