A sit in the council [Hitomi]

compose a reply
A sit in the council [Hitomi]Feb 25, 2023 7:46:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

"Well, if we do manage it, probably best if it wasn't a big ugly brand on the forehead," she joked, though there was definitely truth to her words. It was less out of her own vanity and more to make such a new seal less... unappealing to the clan's cultural consciousness. The caged bird implied a lot of things, and replacing it with a new forehead seal was not going to be helpful in the long run. She did frown at the thought of bringing in another clan, "ideally this should be something we do ourselves, someone else having the key to any sort of protective seal on our doujutsu would only be a glaring weakness to protecting it. Even if we have to steal knowledge for it..."

Not necessarily ideal, but having their protection known outside of the clan was asking for trouble. Turning her attention to the other point the younger man brought up, Hitomi nodded slightly, considering the situation.

"Just be careful, more people means more conflicting views, and things will slow down," she warned, not wanting the clan's leadership to stagnate into politicking when you put too many people in charge of something. Shigure was both revolutionary and a bit of an idealist she felt, and it could go very poorly if he just forged ahead to change the clan too much too fast. 

"Was there anything else you wished to discuss?" she asked, feeling like perhaps for the moment he had gotten what he wanted from her. There was a long way to go before the clan could be properly redirected, but the first steps had been taken.

Word Count: 273
Tags:

Eleri has written 78 posts
A sit in the council [Hitomi]Feb 28, 2023 10:14:44 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a sit in the council".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

MUCH TO THINK ABOUT

Shigure had to agree. "Not all fuinjutsus need to leave a visible mark. Part of the reason the caged bird is visible is for control and intimidation." and of course Hitomi was probably suspected that, but Shigure had now access to all documents private to the leader, so he had actual confirmation of the reasoning and engineering behind the caged bird seal. And while he agreed that it would be better if they could do it without outside aid, but he wasn't sure that would be possible. "I like to think we have true allies within our own village. But there's merit to what you say. We will have to think this through. But I can agree that it is something we should try to accomplish on our own first." he added. It was good to cover that topic, even though it wasn't their main priority at this moment.

For now, however, there was already much for both of them to reflect on, and it was a good enough place to end the discussion for now. "I think we are good for today. Welcome to the clan council, Hitomi-chan." he said, cracking a friendly smirk. "I hope to continue to rely on your wisdom, so we can guide the Hyuuga towards a new, brighter future." he said, as he got up from his seat, waiting for Hitomi to do so as well, so they could walk out of the meeting room. "On a different subject, how are the students doing? I do miss my time there." he admitted with a soft chuckle, thinking fondly of his days as an academy instructor.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Hyuuga District
Leader's quarters
[]
[277 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
A sit in the council [Hitomi]Mar 21, 2023 5:27:46 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

Hitomi allowed the serious point of discussion to fade away, the young woman deciding they had had enough 'business' discussion and now they were going to speak more like the young adults that they were. Following beside Shigure as he left the room, she shrugged elegantly at the query.

"So far it hasn't been particularly notable, I think I am still finding my way to catch the attention of the more promising students. Not all of us can winnow through the chaff as easily as you did," she teased slightly, knowing that of his time in the Academy, Shigure had managed to find his way into training some particularly promising students, "I have my eye on one of the Uchiha, he has potential, but no one else has really stood out just yet" she explained.

"How about you, the Genin team lead life going any better?" she inquired, vaguely amused that he had gone from Academy student to Genin leader, "Honno-nii has found it to be tricky from what I understand, though perhaps your minions are a little less problematic than his?" The older Hyuga was a sensitive soul, and it seemed his team was particularly precocious from what she had heard. Poor man.

Word Count: 204
Tags:

last edit by Hyūga Hitomi on Mar 21, 2023 5:28:24 GMT -5
Eleri has written 78 posts