monomania [miroru]

compose a reply
monomania [miroru]Apr 10, 2023 15:05:55 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 391 | notes
Miroru pouted, frowning and glancing away. "M'tryin'. He gets grumbly and shuts up sometimes. I dunno why exactly. I like to think we're doing okay mostly. All things considered. For someone trapped inside me, he's only about as much of a jerk as you might expect. Sometimes he's even sorta almost nice.

Sorta."
It was hard to compliment him. Even at his best, he was more just aiming his disgust in another direction or supporting Miroru's dislike or judgment of someone else. Like seeing Hotarubi chew Atagi's arms off. They'd been on the same page then, that's for sure.

"Keep it away from my hand..?" Miroru thought about that a moment. "I dunno if I can directly control it like that, but it IS electricity... what if..."

Miroru flashed the seals again, smoother every time, and tried something a little different. She knew enough about electricity to know things could hold a positive or negative charge, so she tried to just keep it all the same, splitting the flow at her wrist, sending one half into her hand and the rest over its surface, so all she had to do was maintain pressure from inside out and let the identical charges repel each other.

It worked- and had an interesting side effect, pushing the raiton down away from her hand in unpredictable crackles like a flail. "Hey! This doesn't hurt!" She swept her hand around a bit, watching the swirling lightning slash through the air. "Lemme try it!!!"

She moved, and like before, the instant her feet started moving, she blurred out of sight, seeming to dissolve into a swirling helix of lightning as she tore towards the target! This time, instead of dodging or spiking through it directly, she thrust her hand early and shoved at the chakra she'd gathered- promptly obliterating the barrier and likely the puppet as the shift in technique instead resulted in launching the intensely condensed Raiton forward in a frighteningly dense storm of needle-like thunderbolts, leaving Miroru standing in her lunging pose just... flabbergasted at what just happened!

What fun is having Chidori Senbon if you don't obliterate a doll or two with it?!

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
MISSIONS
D - 0 | C - 9c/3i | B - 0 | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,177 posts
monomania [miroru]Apr 10, 2023 22:08:25 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Using the bit of advice that Tomomi had suggested, Miroru attempted to change how she was handling the jutsu. Tomomi unfortunately wasn't experienced enough with raiton to offer more advice than that (they'd been considering learning it, honestly, but hadn't had the time), so hopefully it was enough to work. After some focus, it seemed as though Miroru had managed something, getting the chakra around her hand to behave differently and avoiding scorching her hand. Tomomi could tell that the flow was different, however - hopefully it would only be in appearance and not in effect.

That hope was short-lived, as when Miroru dashed forwards to perform the strike, she put her hand out in front of her and utterly shattered the shield and the clay statue behind it, the lightning making the poor doton creation totally crumble.

For the first time Miroru would've had the chance to see, if she managed to catch a glimpse of them through her own shock, Tomomi looked legitimately surprised, their usually carefully controlled expression slipping for a second to be legitimately startled. Even though they were nowhere near the blast radius, they took a few steps back before they reined it back in, putting on a staged little surprised laugh to try to smooth it over.

"Well, that's new. Is that what you were trying to do? It was impressive, but you seem a little surprised."

Cocoa has written 693 posts
monomania [miroru]Apr 12, 2023 4:03:10 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 245 | notes
Miroru straightened and stared through the devastation that technique had delivered. The amount of energy released had turned the electric charge into a flechette cannon full of lightning, and both she and Tomomi had been unprepared for the effect it had. "Uh- s-um. Ium. Sorta!" She stammered, rubbing and rolling her wrist a bit before shaking her hand out. "I thought if I could push it forward a bit into, like. A stream? Then it'd only use up whatever was necessary to break the barrier before the rest got through and hit. I thought it'd sorta like- shove some of those crackly bolts forward, like mean thunder fingers, but- uh- hm. I think since it's all polarized and stuff, it doesn't really condense and just beads up and blasts outwards. That's- what it felt like, anyhow."

She looked back at Tomomi and chewed at her bottom lip. "Let's try it one more time the normal way? I really need to get a handle on picking stuff up in time to react. Someone else that helped me suggested trying to use just like. The tiniest bit of chakra to help my eye muscles and nerves the way Raiippo does my whole body?"

She jogged back into place and waited for the signal to start!

MISSIONS
monomania [miroru]Apr 12, 2023 23:00:31 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Seemed like it hadn't been the intention. Miroru had a lot of powerful energy within her and a lot of powerful techniques at her disposal. She needed to be careful with them - not being able to control which she was doing or predict the outcome of a technique she was trying could easily sow devastation on the field, especially as she got older and stronger. Tomomi supposed that everyone should count themselves lucky that she'd one this in a training session in a closed room instead of on the field.

"You reacted a bit more quickly this time, so you're already showing progress," Tomomi said, trying to be encouraging on that front. There was definitely still a lot of room to go, though. Miroru needed to be able to react to what was happening in front of her, but also to attacks from either side. They could work at this all afternoon, but it might end up being something that needed more than one session of refinement.

"The idea of using raiton to stimulate your nerves isn't a bad idea, since it might enhance your reading of stimuli. Though you also want to be careful. Splitting your focus between trying to do something so precise as that and holding onto such a destructive technique could easily result in you hurting an ally. Make sure you're very confident in it before using it in a real fight," Tomomi suggested.

They arranged the practice set-up again, this time preparing two of the clay soldiers since Miroru smashed through them so efficiently.

"I want to see how you do with that one more time. If you're able to may some progress, we'll move on to strikes from the sides instead of from the front."

monomania [miroru]May 3, 2023 14:49:02 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 352 | notes
"Y-yeah." Miroru stated, nodding, clinging to the promise of some small improvement to keep her moving forward. Miroru knew better than anybody that the same stubborness that kept her from admitting defeat, kept her hunting for solutions, was the same trait that made it hard for her to recover after feeling something was truly hopeless.

The redhead nodded, her eyes shifting slightly as if reading while she committed Tomomi's advice to memory. They had a very analytical mind, and saw a lot of things she didn't, including prospective pitfalls she could face if she was incautious.

Crouching, she thought for a moment. It wasn't as if it was impossible to use two techniques at the same time. After all, shinobi fought while running on walls or across water frequently. So if she wanted to utilize this idea of raiton enhancement to her eyes, she'd need to hold that chakra in place with that same sort of unconscious, delicate balance.

Tomomi could see her working on it. More than once she squeaked as she erred too far to one edge of the tightrope, a bright flash sparking in her eyes, making her rub at them in irritation. Harmless, but not the plan. She ended up squinting a few times, blinking hard, squinting more-

Then something.

The kid's eyes shone for a moment. The sort of backlit shimmer a cat's eyes might show at night. She squawked again, tried again, and managed to hold the shimmer a little longer the next try.

It took a few minutes, but she got the shimmer up and holding- brittle, but intact- for a moment. "Okay. Okay, lemme try before I lose it again," she said, flashing through the increasingly confident handseals, lighting up her fist, and rushing down the the prepared soldiers to see what obstacles Tomomi prepared this time! Holding the shimmer was far from easy, but she didn't have to hold it long!

MISSIONS
monomania [miroru]May 3, 2023 18:40:28 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Tomomi watched as Miroru focused up, trying to put her theory into practice by utilizing raiton to stimulate her nerves. The little show of sparks that happened as she tried the first few times to get it to stick was... interesting. Tomomi could imagine the sensation, the buzz of static electricity just behind the eyes. It didn't sound pleasant, so it was quite impressive that Miroru stuck with it.

She was a stubborn girl, but also a very dedicated one. One committed to becoming as strong as she could. A good shinobi, through and through. And through that stubbornness, she eventually produced results, capable of holding the sparkle in her eye, the barest hint of a glimmer visible. It was time to move before her concentration could break and she could lose it again.

Tomomi nodded agreement, motioning for her to move, and she began her chirping electric strike once more. The chakra capacity of the nine-tails that she could do something like this repeatedly... She'd probably be exhausted later today, though. Tomomi would have to make sure she ate a big dinner to recuperate.

This time, Tomomi waited as long as they could, though with the blur of speed that Miroru was while using this technique, that wasn't very long. They didn't want to risk missing her completely, after all. They produced the barrier wall one more time, maybe making it just a bit wider than their previous attempts to see if she could adapt on the fly with her new perceptive ability.

monomania [miroru]May 4, 2023 18:28:23 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 303 | notes
Miroru felt like she'd crumbled up pop rocks and sprinkled them behind her eyes. It was so hard to keep that chakra there in check, trickier by far than managing that film of chakra to run on water or up trees, and the tiniest fluctuations sparked against the sensitive nerves like a sitz bath.

But the difference it made was tremendous.

Before, moving after activating the technique had felt like throwing herself into motion with a slingshot- one extended, stretched moment for that first step, and then everything else in a blur she couldn't process.

This time, the blur resolved. Like she'd finally had her prescription corrected, the world held onto its clarity for the split second she needed to cross the distance between herself and the targets.

The shimmer of the barrier filled her field of vision, and she shifted the placement of her next step, catapulting to the side, past the wall, already pivoting midair to land and-

The twisted lightning bolt that Miroru had nigh unto dissolved into cracked around the wall in a shallow arc, and blasted past the earthen dummies, skidding to a stop as the haze of electric sparks left in her split-second wake exploded as time seemed to resume, blowing furrowed holes through the sides of the double dummies as Miroru straightened, scrubbing at her eyes with the palms of her hands! "AGH! It's like someone poured out marble soda and used my eyes as the marbles! Feels all fizzy!!!" Blinking wildly, she shook her head. No redness- so likely no damage- but it was clearly uncomfortable to cheat her nerves into sufficiently high gear.

MISSIONS
monomania [miroru]May 5, 2023 0:02:53 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The ball of raiton that was Miroru managed to bow out around the barrier wall, reacting appropriately to the threat in front of her. She managed to move around it, blowing holes through the sides of the clay soldiers and causing their fragile forms to collapse. And she managed to land upright, not careening into another fall or sliding across the floor. Even though she'd skidded to a halt, she'd successfully managed to pull off her aim.

It seemed like it hadn't been the most pleasant experience, though, given how she was rubbing at her eyes. Marble soda eyes... Very uncomfortable.

"That sounds like it could be irritating if overused," Tomomi said, coming over to inspect her to be sure, though it didn't look like she'd done any damage. "Still, a very impressive result. Despite the speed you were going at you managed to overcome the visual rush and dodge perfectly. If you keep working on that skill, I'm sure you'll be able to do it reliably and with less... unpleasant sensation. Maybe you can utilize a little less chakra next time?" They pondered.

"You always manage to impress me with how quickly you learn. Do you want to keep going and trying out some more practice? Or are you starting to get worn out?" They asked. Unlike some of Miroru's other mentors, Tomomi had no intention of pushing her to total exhaustion.

monomania [miroru]May 6, 2023 15:02:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Genin
| 202 | notes
"Gah. Yeah. I wouldn't wanna use this any more than I have to. It's not as bad as getting like. Sand in your eye but it's a close second," muttered the redhead in agreement with Tomomi's guess. The praise, as always, made Miroru beam proudly (if with a bit of mawkish blinking) and she nodded at the suggestion. "Yeah, less chakra would be good. I bet there's a stable level, but it's so delicate, it's hard to get right."

Another compliment! Miroru grinned, nodding. "Well, when you only got the one talent, you gotta put it to work, right?" She started to reply to Tomomi's question about continuing, then stopped, seriously considering- and let her shoulders slump a bit. "Um... honestly, I'm REALLY drained. I was gonna push another round, but... maybe I'll take a break and go watch some of the higher ranked shinobi train. The fast ones. I can try to get a feel for a less ucomfortable level of eye chakra that won't bubble so hard?"

MISSIONS
monomania [miroru]May 6, 2023 16:37:08 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Miroru elected to finish up training for the day, saying that she was quite drained. She seemed maybe a little disappointed in it from the way her shoulders slumped, but it was really for the best. Tomomi nodded.

"Watching others work is often a good way to learn new things for yourself. Inspiration is almost as important as practice with most art-forms." And that was what chakra manipulation was, at the end of the day. It was as much a craft as a martial art, in Tomomi's opinion, though their function as a puppeteer might bias them somewhat.

"Hopefully you can find a raiton expert who might be able to give you some guidance, too." Tomomi had been thinking about practicing raiton as well, though it had been a few years since they'd dabbled in learning new nature transformations.

Giving Miroru another pat on her shoulder, they'd say, "Thank you for letting me know you were getting worn down instead of pushing yourself, too. In some training pushing yourself past your limits is important, but it's a good skill to be able to recognize when you might strain yourself by trying it." Miroru was still young. Asserting herself to mentors was probably hard. They hoped she'd never end up in a situation where she hurt herself by doing too much. "Let me know the next time you're ready to train."

Tomomi dismissed the remaining few clay soldiers and went to find a broom to clean up the mess they'd made by shattering so many of them. As they did, they called to her,

"Oh, one last thing. Even if it was a joke, I want you to know you have many talents." Both a bit of encouragement and a mild chastisement.