Stepping Up! [Training]

compose a reply
Stepping Up! [Training]May 12, 2023 14:46:47 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Meeting The...Gym?--

Mitsu was familiar with, but had never frequented the Okada gym. Tantetsu techniques heavily relied on Doton and molton steel which she favored tended to be more on the destructive side. So to avoid damages the girl had always practiced her techniques mostly at the training grounds or her own back yard. Today however she and Sakuraba were planning to work on their taijutsu. The Subakage-ryū: Hohō technique to be exact which focused on speed, minimizing wastage of movement, and dodging. So it made a certain sort of sense to go to a facility that had proper equipment that could help them do just that.

That didn't however, stop Mitsu from glancing up at Sakuraba with uncertainty as she struggled to keep her cheeks from staining pink with a blush. They hadn't exactly spoken about exactly 'what' they were to each other since the kiss, but as they walked Mitsu's smaller hand was held firmly in Sakuraba's own. Their fingers intertwined and her gloves firmly in place to prevent a repeat incident of the last time they'd tried hand holding.

"So are you sure it's ok for us to train at one of your family gyms?" Mitsu questioned finding herself a little nervous. Weren't gyms practically sacred to the Okada? So didn't bringing her here make this basically like the Okada version of meeting the family? Still... she couldn't deny being a little pleased that Sakuraba wanted to show her off. The added benefit being she got to scope out just who the slagheads were that had been insulting him and warn off those that didn't take a hint.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu
Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 270 |
Keen has written 67 posts
Stepping Up! [Training]May 13, 2023 3:28:03 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
I'm done being the eternal second.
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday November 10th rank Genin occupation
… His heart was beating with the force of a giraffe’s. Partly because he… had… a girlfriend? Had they spoken about this before? No? Then… huh. But he was holding her hand so firmly, never to let go of her – or at least, he wished so deep inside… but that was the second thing-

He didn’t want a repeat incident to occur, y’know… concerning her Kinjutsu. Therefore, he couldn’t exactly be all relaxed, even when entering his clan’s training grounds and inner gyms. Now, surrounded by his folk, his family… all donning that characteristic nuance; blonde hair, blue eyes, and a million variations of those colors. Despite the label of ‘homogenic’ being placed upon the Okada, it was easier to pick them apart than you thought.

But with Mitsu’s own, blondish hair… she almost blended in with the rest.

"Ay, coh! Fancy gurl ya brought here – havn’t seen ya in forevah, and ya already started bakin’?”

"Heard ya grew outta jobber role, ya trained with Tetsuo, rite? Good for ya, pal!”

"Da hell? And I thought da jobber role was perfect for ‘em… ya made the matches hella entertain-"

And a bunch of small talk buzzed among the fellow Okadas, most being out of warm fun – despite their ignorance towards Sakuraba’s feelings for the entire topic, he let them slide… but some expressed regret that he was walking away from the whole ‘jobber’ role. As if his jobber role was beneficial to the clan… as if it brought in numbers, which brought in cash. Fame. Upheld the reputation of how entertaining their brawling matches were.

As if his suffering was needed to keep the clan running.

"Fuck ‘em,” he whispered to Mitsu, really starting to hate the atmosphere by the way his brows were twitching, "Ain’t got time to entertain dose fools. We got a Jutsu to learn… and I got sum props to help. Trust me, ya gun hate this…” His face was dead serious. Mitsu was more than welcome to train here – it wasn’t even a question to Sakuraba. "When ya with me, is alright… I’ll talk to Taki ‘bout it, she’d be cool with it.”

As much as he liked to talk back, he rarely did so to his clansmen… perhaps out of a sense of duty. Still, he wanted to shove a pole up their butts, but not in the immediate way.

All he wanted was to get stronger – much stronger than any of these asshats – and then, one day, be able to shove it all back into their mouths. Really make fools out of all of them. That was the driving force behind his steel-sharp glance towards the obstacle course that he’d prepared for this very occasion – an obstacle course that was utilized to aid in one’s evasion skills. Reflexes had to be sharpened at all times in order to keep up with shinobi – even the wrestle-happy Okada knew that. And according to the contents of the scroll in his other hand, they could start here.

In front of where Sakuraba had led Mitsu to was a 15-meter radius ring with no fence, no seats and no microphone in the middle. The ring was covered in rectangular flags raised up, all in a stationary position. Sakuraba would unfold the scroll containing information about the Subakage-Style technique that they had planned to practice today – a method to annihilate waste movement in and out of combat, so that you could push yourself much further with every action you’d take without relying on outer sources of buffing energy. Like an energy-opportunistic mode, where energy saved from excess wasted movement could be used to amplify actual, useful movement.

"I got dis tip to use deez flags for help,” he explained while rolling the scroll up and handing it to Mitsu, finally and reluctantly letting go of her hand, "Ya gotta get through da ring to da other side… while they are spinning.” With a pull of a lever nearby, the flags began to spin – and thus, the objective was made clear. In order to move across the ring with these flags threatening to slap the living shit out of them, they’d really have to eliminate all wasted movement. Ergo, they’d be forced to move exactly in the right way, and that mental state would have to become a standard in order to master this technique.

"Dis stepping method gotta be good for dodgin’… but uh, who startin’? Rock-papuh-scissuh?”
Koji has written 76 posts
Stepping Up! [Training]May 13, 2023 9:31:44 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 15 years old birthday 6/24/1007 rank Adv. Genin occupation Blasting Corps Apprentice

Set The World Ablaze

---Dancing Flags---

The gym was admittedly impressive. The equipment new and quite nice even if obscured by the veritable sea of bright blonde and blue eyed Okada who'd turned with marked interest upon their entrance. The weight of their stares and comments washing over Mitsu as the girl straightened up meeting their gazes head on as she let go of Sakuraba's hand. Only to hug his arm as she tucked herself right up against the taller boys side earning a few hoots and hollars from the gathered Okada. The Tantetsu observing the lot of them with sharp eyes noting who called Sakuraba jobber and how they said it.

"He's not a jobber." She states firmly refusing to let the comments slide, but knowing saying more then that might give Sakuraba the reputation of letting 'his girl' fight his fights for him. At least... Mitsu thought she was his girl? Well really he was her boy, but the Okada didn't need to know that.

"Fuck'em indeed," Mitsu murmured the cussword a bit awkward in her mouth, but she found she didn't dislike the sound of it. "Why don't you show me what this contraption I'm supposed to hate is?" The girl suggests beaming up at Sakuraba encouragingly as the Okada leads her through the gym towards where they'd be training. The little rose blonde taking in the sight of the 'arena' and the flags only to arch her brows all the higher as they started to spin. Creating a veritable moving active obstacle course they'd need to cross.

"Ok that's... that's pretty impressive." Mitsu admits genuine awe in her voice as she eyes the contraption before leaning over to glance down at the scroll that outlines the technique. Reading it over once more even though the both of them had been studying it on their way over before she gives a solemn nod.

"I'll go first." She suggests because she knows how important it is for Sakuraba to look good in front of his clan. Better she be the first one smacked in the face by a flag. As taking a deep breath Mitsu centered herself running a minute about of chakra through her muscles and limbs as she tried to minimize her energy and movement. The girl stepping into the arena as she got a few steps in. Doding the first flag, then the second, before...

"Eep~!" A little squeak of surprise leaves her throat as she jumps flinching away as one of the flags smacks her right across the ass resulting in a second one catching her in the gut.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release
Like many in her clan Mitsu inherited the Tantetsu's ability to create, forge, and manipulate metal. Gaining the ability to convert carbon and iron into hardened steel with the outpouring of her chakra and control it with her whims. Though her particular fascination lies with manipulating and coating herself with molten metal protecting herself from it's heat with her Kekkei tōta.

Blessed or cursed, depending on how one views it, with the Iwa Chakra Infusion Kinjutsu Mitsu possesses fanged mouths on her palms and chest. Allowing her to infuse materials with chakra to create the facsimile of life within her creation. She most often combines this with her  Kōton to create durable and destructive art.

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 432 | /div]
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 10:03:03 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
… Why did he feel so bitter inside when she volunteered to go first? It wasn’t as if this exact scenario was a test of his manhood or something like that – it was just a training session with him and his… hmh, was she his lover? Wait, oh no-

Lover was something his parents called each other, and they did conceive him. He didn’t think that far ahead, he was only a teen… like, damn. But still, he definitely wanted to make a fami- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

He shook his head with the force of a dog emerging from a pool of water, quickly shaking off all of the indecent thoughts that had run through his head. Catch him dead before he’d get exposed for thinking with his lower regions- oh shit, that smack was loud. And that sense of protectiveness alerted his cells to jump in, but they were training… getting smacked in the butt was part of it, and Mitsu-chan would likely not appreciate being patronized like that. They were both shinobi.

He did end up nearly choking out a douche of an Okada cousin of his who wanted to play freaky and whistle at his girl, but the entire situation passed by before she’d make it to the other side. The flags were instilled, so that should she lose ground, they would basically fling her to one of the four sides outside of the ring.

And given how wild the flags could be, Sakuraba kept an eye for her location and readied to catch her in his arms once she went flying. "I’ll catch ya, dun worry, Mitsu-chan…!”
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 10:15:18 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Catch And Release--

Mitsu was red in the face blushing as hard as she could as she tried to dodge the rest of the flags assaults', but with one step having gone wrong she was inevitably forced back. Tossed out the way she came as she was thrown into the air arms flailing as she reached out with her koton trying to snag the railing with her wires to stop her fall, but Sakuraba was faster. The boys arms wrapping around her as he snagged her from the air bridal style to the whistles and calls of his cousins. Mitsu covering her face with her hands to hide her embarrassed blush as she let her had come to rest against the larger Okada's chest. "T-hanks~" Mitsu mumbled out peeking up at him from between her fingers.

"Do you want to give it a try next? Then afterwards we could maybe... you know... try it together?" She suggested given there was plenty of room in the arena for the two of them. Sure there was a bit of a risk of them being thrown into each other, but that wasn't the worst. The thought leaving the girl ducking her head shyly as her boyfried? She was pretty sure he was her boyfriend. Set her down. The little Tantetsu dusting off her shorts and yukata as she rallied her confidence. Shooting a few glares at the boys who'd hooted and hollered before turning to Sakuraba with a smile.

"That is if you want to show off your two-stepping what with how wary you are of my wire snagging your feet these days Sakuraba-kun," Mitsu teases unable to resist fondly egging the boy on.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 281 |
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 13:00:09 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
He wanted to hiss. Bite. Bark. Choke. Probably also pull some eyes out from his cousins who thought he’d not mind them embarrassing Mitsu-chan – especially right in front of the fucking boy. Understandably, his rage was boiling – these fuckers didn’t deserve to even look at her, she was his girl. His girl, got it?!?? If they so much as touched her-

Oh, holy crap, relax Sakuraba…

He instinctively pulled her closer to himself as she hid her face, making sure to let her know that she had no reason to be embarrassed anymore. "Ya welcome, Silly-chan,” he jokingly replied before letting her back on her feet again. The more they acted all lovey-dovey, the more attention they pulled towards them… and Sakuraba was trying his hardest to deter those annoying whistlers away from his wonderful-

… Partner. Yes, part- girlfriend! Yes, that was right! His parents taught him that the first step was to have a girlfriend, so that automatically meant that Mitsu-chan was his girlfriend!

"Togedah?” he asked in oblivion, wondering if it’d be alright due to the chaos that one would find themselves in upon entering the flagged ring… but it was also his turn now. "Ya sure, I got sum good vibes ‘bout dis whole-"

Fuck her for teasing him at a time like this.

"I-I-wait, ya can’t do dat! No snarin’! Das cheatin’!” he called her out while approaching the ring with his eyes glued to her, "I got ma eyes on ya, ya just try and snare me up, I swear…”

Feeling a little inevitable, he took a breath and decided to enter the ring at last. Now… uhm… he didn’t do as well as Mitsu-chan at first, and the next couple of seconds concluded with him flying out of the ring face-first into nearby equipment, causing the stack to fall down over him. "… PFAH! I’m foine, I’m foine… j-just forgot how fast dose flags could be…” he mumbled, "… D-Dis might take a bit.”
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 13:43:34 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Try Try Again---

"Don't worry Sakuraba-kun I'm just teasing I won't snag your feet." She assures him leaning up on her tip toes to whisper in his ear, "Even if you do like my wire." Mitsu teases stepping back to watch the boy make his own attempt. The taller Okada stepping into the ring as he began the technique while one of his cousins tried to sidle up to Mitsu.

"So what'cha a gurl like you doin here with the j~" The boy not even managing to get the full sentence out by the tile Mitsu's wire had wrapped about his ankle and hoisted the Okada's legs out from under him putting him on his ass. The little Tantetsu never taking her eyes off of Sakuraba as his cousins took a step back and weighed whether the sudden violence was something to be feared or attracted too.

"You're doing great Sakuraba-kun!" She cheered only to wince as the boy went flying out one side crashing into the racks of weapons before Mitsu could catch him with her wire given she'd been busy dealing with his cousin. The girl shooting the downed boy who'd been attempting to flirt with her a glare as she ran over to her teammate and boyfriend. Reaching down to offer him a hand up.

"I think we need to speed up the circulation of her chakra in addition to minimizing our movement." Mitsu suggests as she helps Sakuraba to his feet.

"Why don't we try this time with both of us?" she suggests.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 254 |
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 16:17:50 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Sakuraba gladly grabbed her hand and pulled himself up from the debris of training equipment, dumbbells, weights and chairs that he’d marked with his face and-or butt. Obviously a little thrown off of his game, but… listen, fucking up outside of the gym was one thing. Fucking up under the eyes of his clan was just a lot of pain that he didn’t need right now.

Get stronger, get better, get faster, get smarter, get bigger, every time he stumbled within the confines of this place, it was as if the entire world gave him an ultimatum – either transcend to godhood or suffer the consequences. But deep inside, he knew how impossible such a task would be- and yet, it was so frustrating…

Years of frustration. How come her calm voice was able to suppress all of that?

"Ye, I wuz… havin’ trouble wid dat. Got too much o’ dat chakra to properly leash it,” he’d reply to her with a tilted head. With reserves as big as his, it was difficult to get a feel for the flow of chakra on standby, and infinitely more difficult when you were counting your steps at rapid speed.

But it was worth a try, and honestly, who knew how far he’d be able to go with her? "Lez give it a try,” he agreed, his smile slowly returning at the reassurance that his Mitsu-chan gave him. Not gonna lie… seeing that other cousin flat on his butt was pleasant too.

Once more, he pulled the lever and made the flags spin. This time, he’d walk up to the front and ready alongside Mitsu-chan, eager to follow her route. "Okay… 3… 2… 1… go!”

Unbeknownst to him, as if guided by an invisible hand, his flexible limbs came in handy now. Elastically, he could twist around the flags with quite some ease now, a huge improvement thanks to tribulations of recent events, but the moment he tried to glance over towards Mitsu-chan-
Stepping Up! [Training]May 14, 2023 17:16:57 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Together--

"Huh," Mitsu murmurs in thoughtful surprise, "I didn't realize you had that large of reserves to give you trouble." She explains a bit taken aback, but not suspicious. I mean that Goro kid seemed to have very large reserves and so did Taki and while some Okada tended towards the higher end of the scale chakra wise she hadn't heard of it happening often. Then again maybe that was why Sakuraba was a shinobi instead of just a wrestler if he had that much chakra to burn as otherwise him living out his life as a civilian would have been a bit of a waste.

"Maybe if we're focusing more on working together we won't overthink our movements as much." Mitsu muses as they two step up to the whirling flags. The girl taking a slow deep breath as she drew her chakra to her limbs once more. Turning the Sakuraba she gives him a nod signaling she's ready as the pair step into the whirling dervish in front of them. Her guess had been right. She was vaguely aware of Sakuraba to her left. She could hear his breathing along with the flags, her senses sharpening as she dodges the heavy rubber and cloth slowly finding her rhythm with the boy. A bright happy grin spreading across Mitsu's face until she feels Sakuraba's looking at her. The Tantetsu girl glancing up to meet his gaze caught for a moment in the blue depths of his eyes staring back at her...

Only to get caught across the side by a flag flinging her right into Sakuraba as the two go tumbling out of the arena having made it nearly all the way this time. Mitsu landing with an off atop something surprisingly firm and warm. The girl blinking her eyes open, cheeks darkening with a blush as she realizes it's Sakuraba. She'd landed atop Sakuraba where she now lays atop him, palms pressed against his chest, the two nearly nose to nose as she blinks, blushes, and quickly scrambles off him with a quick "G-good catch!"

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 342|
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 13:30:33 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
It did work for a moment… the tandem, the synchronization of the two, and the explosive improvement in their movements made it all too clear. Sakuraba felt that his muscles were tightening, but at the same time, he felt as if the world slowed down around him – even if just a little bit. So this was what Subakage-Style was all about… removal of wasted movement, and he could suddenly add energy to much needed movement. Such as the movement needed to avoid getting clapped by flags.

It was stressful, but it showed. And it invigorated him… and then, he locked eyes with Mitsu-chan.

The flags caught on immediately and sent them both flying out. This time, they didn’t crash into equipment, but Sakuraba did serve as a cushion for his girlfriend – in a rather awkward position too, of all things that could happen in his gym. She was… really close to his face, too, and the blood that rushed around his body from the training prior began flowing back up to his head again. It felt oddly right to have her right here, but…

Aww… apparently, she was embarrassed and got off of him in a hurry. Then again, if more time had passed, the other annoying cousins of his would’ve gathered up to whistle at the scenery, and yet Sakuraba took a second or two more to recollect himself. "A-A-Ah, I, ah, thanks…”

He kind of found himself staying on the ground, contemplating-

No! In a swift decision, he got back up on his feet, dusted off his outfit and stretched his neck. "Ya caught on to dat feelin’ doe, rite? I beh’ I only need one or two rounds moh! Buh first, gotta need sum water…” he informed her, noting that some damn hydration was needed to keep good training ethics in play.

In and out, it went quite damn fast. Sakuraba, too, noticed it upon returning to Mitsu-chan with two bottles of water… in, like, a moment. His feet felt numb, and so did his torso. "W-Wha on earth… wuz dat a second or two?” he asked in slight fear, not having caught onto the rapid passage of time. What should’ve taken more than a minute took, like… 2/5th of the time.
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 13:59:55 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Lightning Quick--

"Yeah water would be good," Mitsu confirms the girl needing something to quench her thirst after a hard work out and also cool her flaming cheeks. At least Sakuraba's cousins had grown a bit more wary of the girl since she'd put one of them on their ass though now they seemed to be slowly rallying their courage. Hopefully Sakuraba wouldn't be long getting the~

"That was fast..." She mutters out in surprise as suddenly Sakuraba is right next to her with two bottles leaving Mitsu blinking. The girl reaching out to take one as she pops the top and drinks deeply while eyeing the boy thoughtfully. "Could you grab me a damp towel please Sakuraba-kun?" Mitsu requests planning to watch Sakuraba this time and see if she could confirm what she suspected might have happened. If he'd unintentionally gotten the hang of the technique, the synergy of movement. As the Tantetsu shakes her head downing half the water and then pouring the rest over her head to cool off. The cold liquid drenching her sweat soaked face and hair and dampening her shoulders.

The girl carefully narrowing her eyes as she tracks Sakuraba's movements this time waiting for the boy to turn to go get what she asked as she practiced circulating her own chakra control. If he had gotten the technique down then perhaps seeing how he moved could help her a bit in perfecting the step method herself. It was worth a shot as she tuned out the other Okada in the gym. Focusing solely on her friend... who happened to be a boy... and maybe her boyfriend.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 272 |
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 14:31:03 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Huh, it wasn’t just him that thought that. She confirmed that he did move quite damn fast… wait, was that the technique? Maybe he’d gotten a hang of it now, and he just didn’t realize it until he stepped out of the flag ring? Speculating about the chance of him having gotten the hang of it did take a second, but Mitsu-chan suddenly asked for a damp towel too. She must’ve been hella exhausted after getting slapped around by the obstacle course, and that was all he thought as he turned around with a nod.

Then, his muscles began to relax in some areas and tighten up real tough in others. It was a quick but exhilarating rush of chakra throughout his system, and he began moving towards the staff rooms at high speed once more, not thinking deeply about how he did it… but simply moving just the way his body wanted to. And after having tormented himself with the device earlier, his body had suddenly grown new standards for movement that showed itself here and now – moving just the right way to move around at higher speeds than he’d normally be capable of.

That was why he returned with the damp towel in no time as well. Blinking a few times, he suddenly came to the realization that she might’ve just wanted to see what he did then and there a second time – upon realizing that, he rubbed his nose in a tint of pride in himself for showing off to her. "S-So, whatcha think?”
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 14:46:20 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Showstopper---

Mitsu took the offered towel as she wiped down her face. There'd be some bumps and bruises tomorrow, but it would be well worth it to see their improvement as she beamed up at Sakuraba, "Pretty cool~" She confirms giving him a proud nod. She'd gotten a pretty good look at how he was moving and even without sensing chakra she was fairly certain she could repeat the process now. That didn't stop her however, from taking a step closer and peering up at Sakuraba with those big gold eyes of hers.

"What does it feel like when you use the technique Sakuraba-kun? Can you describe it? It might help my progress." She requests with a little tilt of her head and a small encouraging smile. "You're better at taijutsu then me so I figured you'd get it faster," Mitsu adds, the girl hoping to build up Sakuraba's confidence a little. He was surprisingly clever when he wanted to be. Much more clever then others in Mitsu's not so humble opinion. Then again that he'd be better then others was just a given since he was hers. Their story would be one for the record books one day after they'd gotten through their growing pains.

"You know I've been considering teaching myself a technique to create equipment on the fly. I bet I could make weights and dumbbells with a little practice," She murmurs before adding in a soft whisper for Sakuraba's ears alone. "In case you want to practice without all the eyes on us next time." Mitsu quips with a little wink.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
JUTSU GOES HERE

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 264|
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 15:06:55 GMT -5
Okada Sakuraba
Okada Sakuraba Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
It was really awesome to impress her. Like, he knew that it took something special to impress her, and she did come off as a ‘hard to get’ person from day 1, but hearing her compliment him… it was just wonderful. Never had he felt less of a Jobber than here and now.

"Heh… hihihihi,” he began chuckling in his own amusement of her praise. Any more than this, and he’d end up with diabetes, so it was good that she pulled the attention towards the technique that he’d gotten such a good hang of by now. He was… not the best to describe techniques, though. Especially techniques that required his hands; those tended to just be products of plenty of muscle memory. Muscle memory served him much more than the general perso-

You’re better at taijutsu than me-

Y’know, sometimes it took only a sentence to install the motivation to change one’s entire life. The result was immediate – a flare shone in his eyes, not wanting to let Mitsu-chan’s admiration of his Taijutsu skills go to waste! "Breathin’!” he suddenly let out, clenching both his fists and raising them up to control his excitement, "Like breathin’, Mitsu-chan! Ya know ya breathe automatically, bawt ya only breathe exactly as much as ya need! Try ta be as aware of ya entire body as ya can… d-das what I wuz doin’!”

Ye… something like that.

Wait, she- yeah, she had Kōton! Somehow, he kept forgetting that – she could spawn Tantetsu steel, and who knew how many things she could build from that. If she were to learn how to create equipment, then he’d never have to visit the Okada’s gym anymore… holy shit! And you thought he was excited earlier – upon hearing her say that, his eyes were on fire! "…” He didn’t say a word at first, but his desire to see her master such an ability was all too clear.

To respond to her whisper, as playful as it was, he nodded in full seriousness. She could help him get stronger… much stronger. He’d underestimated just how efficient Kōton was – what kind of monster would Mitsu-chan turn into someday? Were they meant to be? "M-Mhm… would love dat,” he nodded with a slight blush, "B-But, anyway! Ya sure I explained da technique well enough? I can show it to ya one moh time, if ya want.”
Stepping Up! [Training]May 15, 2023 15:27:45 GMT -5
Tantetsu Mitsu
Tantetsu Mitsu Avatar
groupnull

Set The World Ablaze

---Smarter Than The Rest--

"Like breathing~" Yeah... yeah that Mitsu could understand as the girl nodded her eyes lighting up with realization at Sakuraba's explanation. She'd gotten the chakra circulation right, but she hadn't been taking into account her own body. Instead of trying to force herself to use only what energy and movement she needed Mitsu should instead guide her chakra and muscles into doing what they were already naturally built to do.

"That's... yeah that's sorta ingenious. I think I get it now." Mitsu murmurs as she steps up to the flags once more and pulls the lever she'd seen Sakuraba trigger before to get the obstacle course to move. "I told you while you might be an idiot you're way smarter than anyone else." She assures him tossing Sakuraba a brilliant smile as she draws on her chakra and centers herself. Letting her senses suffuse her own body as she breathes in and out. Waiting till that sense of rightness washes over her before she steps into the whirling flags. This time they seem to move slower. Her attention sharper as she dodges and weaves through them with carefully calculated steps. Making it not only past the halfway mark, but exiting the other side. As the girl gives a little hop lifting her fist to the sky with a cheer.

"I got it Sakuraba-kun!" She declared as she circles around the course to throw herself into his arms giving the boy a peck on the check. "I'll learn the steel equipment creation technique next! You can help me practice it and I'll make you something nice with my koton as thanks!" Mitsu states with a bright grin uncaring if a few of his cousin tossed a wolf whistle or two their way. So happy as she was that the two of them had gotten the technique down.

SA's
Kōton // Steel Release

Techniques
NAME: Subakage-ryū: Hohō [New Shadow Style: Step Method]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
HANDSEALS: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
The Step Method is the basis of all the Murahira's Subakage-ryū movement techniques. A human can walk, run, jump, and any other number of motions, but to truly achieve high speed they must learn to move properly. The Step Method is the isolation of technique, the removal of excess, and the refinement of action. It allows the user to move at speeds that exceed that which a shinobi would normally achieve, thereby improving the likelihood they will be able to run down a target or escape a blast radius.

It is not without its costs, though. The Step Method may be an idealized method of movement, but it is not the way a human will naturally try to move. It requires mental focus and extra physical exertion, though this basic form is less taxing than others.

線香花火
                      Made by Keen of FBNRP | Word Count: 306 |