compose a reply
want to buy? | soraAug 3, 2023 15:29:23 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
"My blood runs thicker than yours."
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 13, 1009 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
blood as black as the ocean
Enyo raised an eyebrow towards the man when he doubted his wealth, so he dug around in his pockets to pull out a dainty little coin purse that had plenty of money there, he pulled out the coins enough to read for one thousand ryo, sliding them across the wooden table as daintily as the coin purse that he had before he tucked it away. He didn't say a word, just stared at the man in silence for a little while still with that smile on his face.

"Oh no, I traveled through there recently to see some relatives. It was delightful, wonderful temperate weather. Easy to travel around, not rugged terrain like here. And absolutely not enough tea merchants. I think it's the perfect market for someone like yourself." If the man was smart he would catch on that Enyo was in fact quite wealthy, and if he was visiting relatives in Mizu no Kuni there had to be equally if not more wealthy individuals there. He was just a boy with that much coin, adults were likely even more wealthy.

"Either way, I'll take an ounce of that tea. I don't think traveling with more than one ounce of such an expensive product would be wise." He hummed, glancing up towards Sora as if for confirmation from his bodyguard.

aeron at thq
Han has written 333 posts
want to buy? | soraAug 3, 2023 15:50:47 GMT -5
Sora Minami
"You cannot cage a storm."
Sora Minami Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 33 years old birthday December 23rd rank Jounin occupation Genin Team 1 Leader
"No wiser than traveling with that much money in your pocket, young master." Sora said, her gaze sweeping by the pair as she turned towards the marketplace, seemingly on guard for whatever might come their way. Inwardly she was smiling (Enyo really was good at missions like these), but outwardly she appeared to be unimpressed, a cold fish of a woman dressed more for her ward’s sake than anything else. "Though I have to say, Mizu no Kuni presented less troubles for us on the road than we met on our way here. The Shinobi presence on the highways was rather thick; you wouldn’t have even needed me to accompany you."

The merchant tilted his head at the pair’s answers, his brow furrowing in concentration as he took the boy’s coin and counted it out, doing the math in his head. A thousand ryo. And the boy hadn’t even dented the purse! "O-of course, young sir. Here, let me get you a bag to hold it in.” The man moved quickly, opening the tin and measuring an ounce of matcha for the boy before placing it, carefully, inside a paper back that he then set into another, much sturdier leather one. This bag he handed to Enyo, his face still furrowed in thought.

"Thank you for your custom, young man. And… for the information.” His words were soft, uncertain- but no longer doubting. He couldn’t afford to keep competing with the big suppliers here in Tea Country, not when they could undercut him on prices and fail to protect his shipments on road, forcing him to spend ryo he didn’t have on mercenaries just to not sell his goods at market. If things truly were as the boy and his protector said, Mizu no Kuni sounded like an excellent change of venue, even if it was only for the protection on the road. "Have a wonderful day.”

The Jounin gestured for her student to follow her once the man was done, her voice soft but still audible as she said with a knowing grin, "So. Where to next, young master?"

Exousia has written 474 posts
want to buy? | soraAug 3, 2023 19:34:07 GMT -5
Kuronmeru Enyo
"My blood runs thicker than yours."
Kuronmeru Enyo Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 13, 1009 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1
blood as black as the ocean
Enyo rolled his eyes at the woman in response, of course she was going to come at it from a more practical angle. But this was something he was used to. Still a bit of tea might just be more valuable than some ryo which fluctuated in its weight from nation to nation. Plus, Enyo's pockets were full regardless of what he had spent on the little bit of tea, it wasn't a huge expenditure.

The man offered a bag and Enyo's attention returned to the man, nodding slightly waiting to be handed the tea once it was in hand he gave a bit of a bow. Though he was not so keen on it in his head, it was just the right thing to do.

"Certainly. Perhaps I shall see you in Mizu no Kuni." He hummed in response before turning gracefully away from the merchant's stand disappearing back into the crowd as he tucked away the leather bag of tea into an inner pocket that could not be easily picked. One down, and the success of the mission present, he and Sora were off to make good ground to bring back many different merchants to Mizu no Kuni.

This was just a taste, but Enyo already knew he had the rest of them in the bag.

[end]
aeron at thq
Han has written 333 posts