Training of the Poison Mist

compose a reply
Training of the Poison MistFeb 3, 2024 4:19:48 GMT -5
Shouki Kumori
Allow me to honor your efforts, and let me show you this old shinobi's true power!
Shouki Kumori Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 69 years old birthday June 17th rank Elite Jōnin occupation
… Kumori assumed that Shizuka would’ve found the ‘chakra rudder’ method easier, but to his surprise, she started improvising a little to make the strain lighter. Chakra Control of any level was tedious, tough work, but it laid the foundation for techniques such as walking on walls or on the surface of the water, and it also laid foundation for so many Jutsus. He was assured that someone under the tutelage of Asuka knew what they were doing.

Instead of making a sort of rudder, Shizuka instead tried to encase the existing poison cloud in a sort of chakra veil. Kumori couldn’t help but ponder… instead of summoning forth new poison, she aimed to manipulate the poison she’d lost control of moments ago. Shape Transformation of external sources? That’s what Water Release and Earth Release often rely on… he pondered, thinking back to when he invented Poison Release and how Water Release was his go-to basis for the Shape Transformation methods.

When the poison cylinder suddenly got a hole on its chakra net, a launch of gas was aimed his way. Shouki were resistant to poisonous flora and sources from the Land of Water, but just that – resistant, not completely immune. Kumori stepped to the side and watched the wave of gas pass by his face, spreading out at a point further away from the both of them. "A satisfactory attempt, but Shape Transformation can be struggling without a reliable source of inspiration. Water is my muse, but it’s been reported that you possess the Wind Chakra Nature. Perhaps your perception of poison gas… has to differ from mine in order to work.”

After a while of repetition, the sun had begun shining stronger through the mist, signifying a change of pace. "Enough for now. I’ve got to return to the Council, and you Genins often get your hands full, too.” Kumori had plenty of work to do, but his previous conversation with Shizuka left a lot of expectations for the future hidden in the mist they were around. Was it a good idea to share his goal with her? Was it a good idea to share his works and knowledge with her? Was it… irresponsible of him?

He’d already gone beyond the point of no return. If the Shouki clan could achieve a future, it’d have to be through such desperate measures. Besides… Shizuka was sharp. Rebellious, but sharp – he could count on that.
has written 87 posts