Playing With Fire...

compose a reply
Playing With Fire...Feb 7, 2024 3:51:45 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 16 November 1009 rank Genin occupation Team 1
It seemed that calling for help had been the right call. They'd not been in a particularly quiet part of town, and their scuffle had drawn attention even before the genin had desperately sought some sort of assistance for the wounded girl. Ameko probably should have foreseen the result, but she'd not been thinking straight, having defaulted to instinct in how she chose to deal with the annoyance. In any case, the dirty looks she got from the medical nin who came to assist did little to do away with profound sense of shame that Ameko had felt. She'd been foolish. Had the girl deserved it? Yes. Had she likely learned a valuable lesson? Yes. But it wasn't worth the consequences.

That guilt was what had caused Ameko to go with the medical ninjas, to wait in the lounge, and hope for the best. She had no intention of apologising, but she figured she best make sure she hadn't just committed manslaughter.

The revelation as to who the girl was didn't mean much to Ameko. Sure, the Kyokujitsu were a powerful clan, with influence and a rather well-known special ability, but their young scion had been foolish enough to provoke someone who wasn't afraid to bite back.

Those thoughts stormed through Ameko's mind as she waited, and continued to do so as the medical nin ushered her forth. Of course, the look upon his face caused her stomach drop out from under her, but she steeled herself in any event. Guilt and anger taking control of her thoughts in equal measure.

bonobo has written 141 posts
Playing With Fire...Feb 7, 2024 5:15:52 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday January 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1 Member
When she was called, the footsteps were likely heavy. Until she'd come before the medical room in question and find herself soon finding the metal sliding door opening to show a small black bodybag. Zipped up. She'd probably stand there to realize the gravity of the situation. That she'd killed somebody. She'd gotten angry, hit a kid too hard, and she was dead now. It might have felt as if gravity intensified maybe, was bearing down on her, and how the small blonde while aggravating might not have been so bad to have deserved this. For what seemed to be a small forever, there might have been a thousand things racing through Ameko's mind in those moments. Though a voice called out.

"She didn't make it." Letting Ameko sit and digest that information, maybe reflect on every single life choice that lead her to this moment, it was probably a heavy thought. Was she going to get arrested now and go to jail? How were the clans going to respond to this? After a small eternity though, Ameko would hear a voice call out. "Yeah. I didn't make it." A voice calls out, followed by a small giggle. Where slowly the body bag is unzipped, and the little girl sits straight up from it and points a finger at Ameko. "Hehe!~ I got you good Nee-Chan! I got you good!" She says with a bright and bubbly laughter. A good prank she asked for help setting. 

Though she did stop once she felt the tickling of her bones. "Heehee!~" She seemed so jubilant and innocent as she smiles, her eyes closed as the medical ninja took the liberty to look her over. "Serves you right! Next time, think twice about attacking someone like that and giving the hospital more work to do!" Unzipping the bag fully, there's a moment where Senshi gets up and off the table. Standing onto her two feet, before walking up and looking the hyena over. Where if she wasn't stopped, she'd slowly close in and wrap her arms around her and cuddle. Rocking herself back and forth in her hold.

"Are you still angry at me?"
last edit by Kyokujitsu Senshi on Feb 7, 2024 5:17:19 GMT -5
Dandead10 has written 191 posts
Playing With Fire...Feb 7, 2024 5:56:37 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
The world collapsed around Ameko all at once. The walk had been torturous, heavy footsteps leading her to a silent spot, the sheer weight of the moment laying heavily on her shoulders for what felt like an eternity. Then the doctor spoke. The girl hadn't made it. Bile threatened to erupt in the back of Ameko's throat, every part of her skin was covered in goosebumps as the blood drained rapidly from her face. Tanned skin turned almost white as the reality of the situation suffocated her. She'd killed someone. She'd killed a kid. A stupid kid that hadn't deserved to die.

The taste of iron mixed with that of bile, and dully in the back of her mind, Ameko was somewhat aware of the fact that she'd bit the inside of her cheek in her grief. That emotion mixing with guilt and disgust as she struggled to comprehend exactly what had happened, what she had done. She wanted to scream. She wanted to cry.

Then a small voice broke through the haze.

Through bloodshot eyes, Ameko glared at the blonde girl who emerged from the body bag, a twinkle of laughter upon her eyes and in her smile. The words spoken by the medical ninja were lost to Ameko, as all she could hear was a cacophonous ringing. After Senshi had spoken, had revealed it had been a prank, everything had gone blank. The loathing she felt for herself replaced by a sheer and unbridled hatred for the blonde girl before her.

"You..." Oddly for Ameko, she was strangely quiet, her words measured.

She did not move as Senshi approached and hugged her, still too shocked to appropriately react. As the smaller girl held her and looked up, a simple question upon her lips, Ameko struggled to keep her anger in check.

The medical ninja was still present. She did not want to cause a scene in front of him, nor did she wish to repeat the earlier situation. She had beaten herself up, and it had been over nothing. Instead, this creature before her had learned nothing, and had toyed with Ameko's emotions.

"Let go of me," Ameko said coolly, every muscle in her body tensing as she spoke.

"Now."

Playing With Fire...Feb 7, 2024 6:24:13 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday January 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1 Member
"Oh. Okay." She says, never realizing the absolute grief and worry that she'd caused Ameko. Sure, it was true that she did actually get her ribs broken and she passed out, but she was fine. They patched her up and even gave her a piece of candy. "Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or somethin' Nee-Chan." Senshi says in a mumble. Having inflicted a traumatization upon the Warai girl for the rest of her life, there was a moment where the little blonde was ushered how before Ameko's white rage had seethed and she might have went absolutely berserk on the little thing.

Lightly looking at Ameko, the small Senshi would slowly open Ameko's palm and would leave in her hand a fucking peppermint candy and would curl her fist around it. "Bye bye. Thank you for giving me your help and everythin'." She says, slowly walking out and making her way out of the hospital. Though she did get momentarily lost. "Escuse me. How do I get outta here?" She says, lightly fiddling with her right hand and chewing on one of her fingers before leaving the Warai hyena wondering if anything that happened today was real or not, and digesting all the stress that had occurred from such a short interaction.

When Senshi got home? She'd write in her diary!

"Dear Diary,

Today I made a friend. She doesn't like being called an ostrich..."

Dandead10 has written 191 posts
Playing With Fire...Feb 7, 2024 6:30:39 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Ameko did not move an inch, did not say a word, did nothing but internally seethe as Senshi spoke and gave her the candy. She did not react, did not nod or answer the younger girl as she departed, offering what seemed to be sincere thanks before disappearing further into the hospital. For a few more minutes, she stood still as a statue, drawing a few curious looks from passing patients and medical ninjas. For a girl who was so often so fiery, so prone to bouts of anger, the silence, the stillness was abnormal.

But it erupted in a torrent after the younger girl had left. The scream that Ameko unleashed was primal, filled with rage and hurt. She'd allowed herself to be toyed with, allowed herself to be made a fool, to feel as if she had taken the life of a child.

Her hands gripped tightly, forming fists as hard as stone. When she finally released them, bloody imprints had been left from where her fingernails had dug into her palms, her right hand bearing the sticky residue of a peppermint candy. That same candy that Senshi had given her.

"I swear to high heaven," She half-spoke, half-yelled, "If I ever see that little shit again, I'll make her wish she never fucked with me."

She raged for a while longer, before finally the dirty looks she got ushered her out of the hospital. If she never saw Kyokujitsu Senshi again, it would be too soon.