Cartography [M/Miroru]

compose a reply
Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 20, 2023 21:15:18 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 346 | notes
Miroru watched in surprise as the clones were formed from summoned lumber, blinking and eyeing them as they dispersed, nodding to herself as he stated their intention. "Gotcha. So they're gonna act as relays to expand your senses deeper into the territory without exposing us to danger or discovery. Smart. Still, before we pick one to investigate personally- their intel will all be filtered through that extra sense of yours, right? We should pair that with visual landmarks so we can get a complete picture. Stay here- I'm gonna get an aerial view sketched out to collate with the details your clones feed us."

And then, against all explanation, Miroru ran... up. Like she was bounding up a staircase that definitely, DEFINITELY, didn't exist. Whether Sho could pick up the impact of her feet on the tiny Kekkai stairs being created beneath her soles with every step would determine whether he had some idea where she went- or just heard her footsteps move UPWARDS without explanation.

Once Miroru reached a proper height over the forest, she flashed the handsigns for a proper Kekkai: Dan, and hopped onto it, draping her legs over the side and kicking them idly as she pulled a map with a blank patch representing the Forest Country front and center, and fished a pencil from her pack to start sketching the general contours and landmarks, referencing points on the map beyond the borders to scale out what she could see. And once she finished up with that, she scampered back down in lengthy, bounding steps, like a kid racing down a spiral staircase, landing with a puff of dust as she returned to earth. "There we go! Got a basic map of what we can see from here sketched out, relative to landmarks in mapped bordering territories. I'm ready to start adding details once your clones get into position!"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,172 posts
Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 21, 2023 17:17:30 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
"Its just one thing after another..."
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 17/05 rank Chuunin occupation Ops Team 1
Well, this was an entirely bizarre and unpleasant experience.

The entire nature of Shosuke's blindsense operated off of maintained contact. Which is to say that he could see anything that was touching anything else that was touching anything else, as long as eventually one of those things was touching the ground. It was why he was able to see for miles, but also why from the moment she started climbing the stairway into the air Sho almost immediately lost track of her. He could see her vague outline, tell that she was running in a vertical direction, but that was about all he knew.

Even so, he knew that he could trust her to be responsible and to look after herself. Plus, she had at least given him a vague description of what she was doing, so Sho instead busied himself with putting his theory into practice. Giving a silent command for his clones to follow his instructions, all of them paused for just the briefest of seconds, channeling their chakra as one and opening their blindsense as far as it could go.

This was the first time outside of training with other Yamamoto that Sho had fully opened his senses to everything that was going on around him. It felt a little like when he first unlocked the sense in general, the sheer sensory overload was quite nauseating. Though the clones had yet to get far enough away to get the full 8 miles of detailed information, it was still a considerable area, and all of it was open for Sho to peruse mentally.

Within that interior world, he could sense a large amount of information. Bugs crawling in and out of consumed trees, woodpeckers repeatedly slamming their head against bark, the sensation of footfalls further down the main road. Wait... There was a lot of people moving down the main road. It didn't seem like they were coming in their direction, more like they were moving along at a nearby crossroad, heading from west to east. Perhaps a contingent from Taki towards Rice-Field country? Although what they would be looking for there was unclear to him. Maybe it was as simple as a trade mission.

Either way, given the sheer degree of coverage granted by the canopy, he wouldn't have blamed Miroru if she had simply been unable to tell they were there. Indeed, as Miroru finally came back down to terra firma and he could get a grasp on her location again, he took a brief moment to fill her in on the details of his immediate preliminary scouting.

"Either way, give me the word as to which one to check out and I'll have them get into position. By the time we get there they'll have had plenty of time to get into position." It felt weird giving over command of a mission to someone so much younger than him, but he also knew that this was Miroru - She knew what she was doing, and she was the one with the map after all.

508 words |

Jutsus Used: None

Gesicht has written 434 posts
Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 24, 2023 11:43:20 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 220 | notes
Working together, the two were able to add details to the general overview Miroru's map provided. Between the redhead's exceedingly sharp eyes, and Shosuke's exceedingly detailed not-eyes, the specifics got pretty in-depth, leaving the Uchiha girl nodding to herself as the map started to take shape. "There we go. Looking good already. As far as where to go, let's start with the closest of those three rises. We need to be ready to bug out at any moment, though. We've got orders not to engage, so we need to be sure that we don't overextend and get forced into a confrontation. The whole idea is to develop a better understanding of the terrain without revealing that we've done so."

Miroru led the way towards the first of the three locales they were intrigued with detailing, keeping Shosuke's pace since his ability to detect possible opposing shinobi would make sure that they didn't extend beyond their ability to withdraw. It didn't take long to get into position behind the ridge, and she unfurled the developing map as they settled in. "Okay. What have we got near here?"

D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 26, 2023 16:13:47 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Shosuke nodded along quietly to Miroru's reminder that they were to remain entirely unengaged during this mission. In truth, he definitely wasn't complaining about that - Takigakure may be a difficult village, but the idea of starting political issues for Kizumi wasn't a particularly happy one, regardless of his feelings on the situation.

Of course, it made sense in a way. If Taki had intruded on Konoha or Kumo's borders, they would be able to fight them off and anything that happened would be considered self-defense. If they had intruded into Taki's territory, they would have needed to kill anyone who might have seen them and thus could pass on knowledge of their presence to the higher-ups. But a neutral zone like this was arguably the most dangerous of all, cos whilst they weren't obligated to fight each other, any misunderstanding or conflict could result in things escalating elsewhere.

Besides, Forest country was a traditionally neutral nation, but that just meant that their loyalty was up for purchase. In a location like that, there was no telling just what sort of underhanded tricks people might play in order to try and ensure superiority.

As it was, the two managed to get through the area relatively unmolested. A few times he could sense that people were beginning to draw near to their location, but each time that happened they quickly moved away again or moved through without noticing their presence. As such, their journey to the ridge went by as smooth as one could realistically hope for, leaving them with plenty of time to scout it out completely.

Shosuke's blindsense worked perfectly for this, as he read out any and all information he was able to gain to Miroru, letting her fill in the map more and more. However, as he did so, he paused for a moment, his eyes flitting back towards Miroru instinctively despite not being able to see very much.

"Miroru - I think we may need to wrap it up sooner rather than later. I'm getting more foot traffic near one of my clones. I can't guarantee they're also from Taki, but they're heading in the same direction and they're armed. Either they're part of some sort of larger detachment, or there's going to be sparks flying pretty soon. Either way, it'd probably be for the best if we were able to avoid getting caught in the crossfire."

399 words |

B-Rank Mission: 19/20

Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 31, 2023 18:05:32 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 230 | notes
Miroru worked diligently as Shosuke shared what he could sense, nodding along and chewing her lower lip in focus as she got the map as detailed as she could. It was his interjection, though, that pulled her attention, engaging her in a way the surveying mission itself hadn't. There was a difference between being focused on a task, and being focused on danger.

"Okay. If that's the case, dispel the clones. We're gonna want to extricate clean and fast so we don't complicate the intel we collected with exposure to possible enemy forces. Normally I'd press to get some intel on who's approaching, but since we're not even here for force intelligence, let's ensure we don't compromise the integrity of our traceless presence by encountering anyone." She blew on the map to help dry the ink, then packed it back away into its scroll case and got to her feet.

"Let me know if anyone gets into concerning proximity with our location. I can mask our presence with a barrier jutsu- they won't be able to see or sense us, but we'll need to be within three meters of each other, so stay close just in case."

D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Cartography [M/Miroru]Oct 31, 2023 20:31:23 GMT -5
Yamamoto Shosuke
Yamamoto Shosuke Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
Whilst it might seem strange for an older shinobi to be following the commands of a younger one, especially considering they were given the same rank, Sho knew better than to second guess Miroru. They had worked together enough to know that she had a good head on her shoulders and could be relied on to give solid suggestions in the field.

Wordlessly, Sho nodded and cut off his chakra connections to his clones. In a distant series of puffs of smoke, all life animating their bodies dissipated, causing them to fall apart into a series of disparate wicker and wood, nothing all that strange to find in a heavily-forested country like this. Though they couldn't be fully scrubbed, their bodies having too physical a component for that, there should be no way for anyone to recognize them for what they once were.

"Should we mention this to the higher-ups?" Sho asked, inclining his neck back to look over at Miroru. Of course, the gesture was meaningless, his eyes couldn't see her either way, but he was attempting to ape more regular gestures for her, an attempt to keep things normal.

"It might be nothing; Taki borders this place the same as you land of fire lot do. Hell, they might have been doing what we were doing, just for that Lizard Sage guy. But it just seems a little... convenient."

Either way, the pair were done here and had little issue being able to slip away without being detected, any trace of their presence dissipating almost immediately after they were gone. Hopefully this would prove to be useful for their villages at some point, but it seemed like this was a lesser priority regardless of whatever was going on with those lot from the Hidden Waterfall.

[THREAD END]

297 words |

B-Rank Mission: 20/20