Cutting The Lines [M:C]

compose a reply
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 24, 2023 18:18:04 GMT -5
Daredemo
Anybody can be a shinobi, only some can be a ninja.
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday April 2nd rank Genin occupation Team 3
DAREDEMO
    Daredemo looked back between Miroru and the ship for a moment, trying to take in all the information. Daredemo really needed to sit down and talk to Miroru at what all abilities she had sometime, the more he knew the more he'd be able to strategize for future events. 

"Well, you have more combat experience than I do at this point, so you'd probably have an easier job holding off multiple combatants. Plus I heard about you at the exams, the kind of stuff you can do is a lot more... attention grabbing than I, I tend to try and work more subtly. Not that the way you do it's bad to be clear."

Ughhhhh Daredemo wondered why they were so bad at talking to Miroru?! It didn't make sense since he was usually pretty sharp with his words. He tried to move back to talking about himself, he should stumble less doing that tight? "I also have my sword now. You haven't had the chance to see what it can do yet have you? When I put my chakra into it it can melt through steel. So using this, I could probably knock the masts over with only a swing or two. But, do we even need to reveal ourselves like that? If we're gonna make them sink anyways, we could just plant the explosives, sink em by breaching the hull right? Avoid combat entirely if it's possible."
Tuturu has written 209 posts
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 25, 2023 23:25:35 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 233 | notes
Miroru nodded firmly at Dare's assessment of the role each of them was likely best suited for. "Subtlety is good. Best, in most circumstances, in fact. So that instinct is a solid one. And don't worry," she teased, leaning in to pull him into a one-armed hug. "I DO try to be unsubtle a lot. The more people pay attention to me, the less likely they are to hurt anyone else. I'll be okay, I promise. I know what I'm doing." As they spoke more, she flashed a few preparatory hand seals for three Kekkai techniques. Strengthen, to activate her gloves. Stair, to activate her boots. And Armor, to use her gloves to provide refreshing protection once they engaged.

"No, I haven't. Toshizo-sama is the only proper swordsman I've fought. So getting to see what you can do will be a treat!" Miroru stated confidently as chakra flowed around her and vanished, enforcing a rigid field strengthened and ready to keep her safe.

Dare's question was a very fair one, and Miroru turned away, staring at the ship quietly. "Well... I guess it depends, Dare-kun... Do you want the most efficient strategy? Or the one that saves the most lives?"

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 14c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,179 posts
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 26, 2023 8:30:49 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    Miroru did a good job of calming Daredemo's anxiety at how he spoke. Knowing that the kunoichi actively tried to be flashy and over the top certainly made sense. They were too very different shinobi after all. Not least of which seemed to be their priorities in missions like this. The more the two of them spoke, the more Daredemo realized precisely that. The girl had a sense of heart in her operations that Daredemo just simply didn't match. The more she talked about her plan the more Daredemo questioned what his priorities in shinobi work was.

"Depends on how much saving lies damages the efficiency I guess," it felt like the wrong answer, like one that Miroru of all people wouldn't want to hear, and yet Daredemo continued down his path of logic, "I don't think killing them needlessly is a good strategy... but I think it's the safest. And if it comes down to it... I prioritize protecting you over saving any of them." 

Daredemo stood at the edge of the crow's nest, looking out at the ship. "We should inform the captain that we'll be off ship for a moment. Ensure he doesn't slow to wait for us. We'll be rejoining quick enough." 
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 26, 2023 22:35:15 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 220 | notes
"Hm. I can get that perspective. There's three things we have to maximize here, though. Those two- and getting you some field experience. Sure, we could sneak over and slap some explosive tags on and call it a day, but that wouldn't really be any proper practice of any kind for you. You can slap tags on stuff back home."

She smiled faintly at his worry over her and hugged him again. "Same. I've got your back, too. But for now, let's disable the ship and test your blade skills. You'll probably have to face a couple to get the clean swipes you need to damage the masts. So it should be some good practice using your skills in a live combat environment. Which you need. It's tricky when there's real lives on the line. Easy to hesitate. But I know you'll do great."

The redhead nodded at the directive to tell the captain, and she slung herself over the side, into the rigging, working her way down quickly. "Get ready to move out. We're in the wind soon as I report to the captain!"

Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 27, 2023 8:35:19 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "Makes sense," Daredemo nods at Miroru's comments. Experience with actual combat training was something that he knew he was lacking. Getting a chance against some pirates seemed the best way to start out. So what else was there to do than get some here and now. It would probably help at the Chuunin Exams. Daredemo really didn't want to push back the prospect of going through the exams. The most important thing was to get stronger, wasn't it?

He turned her head as she began to head down the rigging. "You're pretty fast, I'm sure you'll catch up no problem. I'll wait for you though!"

Daredemo made a simple sign and his body was gone in a flash. The body flicker technique was a basic one, but a useful one. Daredemo found himself about half way between the ship he was protecting and the one he was getting ready to attack. Standing on the water's surface he made his way over at a gentle pace. The major eyes would have been on the actual ship, noticing a small boy standing on the water was fairly unlikely. Especially when that boy drew his hood up. The dark coloring of his clothing helping him to blend into the darker waters under the shadow of the incoming storm. 
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 27, 2023 23:58:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 440 | notes

Miroru didn't take long at all to report to the captain, and in moments, she was slipping off the side of the ship opposite the incoming galleon. She took a moment to tie a dark cloth over her hair to hide the bright color, then took off after Dare, catching up to him as she performed a few handseals. "You shouldn't use that for fun. Believe me, I'm all about goofing off, but Shunshin is -hard- on you. A big part of shinobi combat is exhausting your opponent's ability to get out of trouble, and that's the ace in the hole. You only get like. Three. Four if you push yourself. I know it's fun, but..."

The technique finished, and barriers rose around them like petals closing in a reverse bloom, five layers deep. The barriers sat a good ten feet from her body, giving him a little room to maneuver nearby as she held the last hand seal and nodded towards the enemy ship before taking off in that direction.

"Never do your enemy's work for them," she finished as she ran.

Even when they got close to the enemy ship, no fire opened on them. No arrows, cannons, shuriken, kunai, jutsu, nothing. As odd as it was from inside the barriers, they were clearly being ignored or unseen by their opponents. She nodded up the side of the enemy's ship and waited, clearly giving him a chance to prepare, and signal his readiness. And as soon as he did?

The jutsu dropped, and Miroru shot up the side of the ship, drawing her gunbai as Suiton coalesced along its form, swinging it down as she threw herself up over the railing and crashed back downwards, smashing the weapon down to splinter the surface of the aft deck, drawing immediate attention as she swiped it into a pair of pirates and catapulted them off the ship's deck entirely, pivoting to duck behind the reinforced surface as daggers and arrows rained on her position, very effectively claiming their attention! "WHAT FORTUNE! MERE MORTALS VISITED BY THE GREAT RAIJIN! BOW BEFORE THE STORM AND YOU MAY YET SURVIVE IT!"

It was, on the one hand, comical in the voice of a young girl.

And on the other hand, terrifying to make sense coming from that young girl.

Dare would have the time to do what he needed. That much was clear.

Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 29, 2023 10:37:28 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
    "If I thought this was gonna take long I wouldn't have done it, promise." Daredemo gave Miroru a nod at the comments. It was good advice, if he wasn't regularly quite a brat he likely would have taken it in better, but he had to prove he was in the right somehow. Didn't he?

Seeing Miroru's barrier jutsu up close and personal was really impressive. Daredemo didn't really have any experience with barriers, but they seemed like a useful technique to have. Maybe he would have time to try and learn a few things about barrier ninjutsu when he got back to the village. Maybe Miroru could teach him something simple on the way back? 

Daredemo was also impressed to see how Miroru fought up close. He had certainly heard the stories, but seeing it was a whole new thing. The girl definitely had a way of drawing attention, which seemed all together a benefit for the young shinobi. He didn't like drawing attention, his job was much more in the shadows.

Daredemo would find himself crouching on the side of the ship as Miroru leapt over the side, and he would be their for a bit longer as he waved three hand seals and created a group of 5 clones, each one made of ash, each one dashing overhead and dashing through the ship. With Miroru drawing the main attention, it wasn't difficult to slip them in around the main mast, each one there to hold point and attack any pirate that came close to them. 

Daredemo proper would, in his part, come up to the railing of the ship. With the benefit of Miroru and his clones all drawing attention, him just peaking his head over the side wasn't too noticeable. The young shinobi would grip his blade, eye the center mast and take his final bound over the railing, making a straight line for the mast. 

All at once Daredemo's clones would make one hand sign, and all at once they would expel thick clouds of ash from their mouths. A massive cloud of ash would cover the center of the ship as Daredemo drew his blade, the blade burning with a bright orange flurish as he dashed forward and swung his blade into the center mast of the ship.

NAME: Katon: Kaibunshin no Jutsu [Fire Release: Cinder Clone Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu

ELEMENT: Katon

HANDSEALS: 3

REQUIREMENT: Must know the Hai Bunshin no Jutsu

DESCRIPTION:
Either through creating or using pre-existing ash, the caster of this technique heats and manipulates ashes into physical and solid clones with a tangible mass. Sister jutsu to the Hai Bunshin, these clones are a direct improvement. Capable of interacting with their environment. Though not as durable as some other clones, and incapable of performing jutsu, when dispersed, they burst into a hot pile of ashes, hence their namesake.

NAME: Katon: Haijingakure no Jutsu [Fire Release: Hiding in Ash and Dust Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low

DESCRIPTION:
The user molds Katon chakra before exhaling a large cloud of ash from their mouths that spreads outwards in a ten meter radius. The ash can sting if it gets in a person's eyes, but the true purpose of this technique is to create a smokescreen that blinds enemies, allowing the user to hide or escape.

last edit by Daredemo on Oct 29, 2023 10:41:30 GMT -5
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 31, 2023 17:49:44 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 299 | notes
"OHOHOHO! CHALLENGERS!" Miroru howled exuberantly as a few came up to engage her in melee even as more projectiles rained down on her position. Shifting to the side, she slid the gunbai from a vertical shield to a horizontal one as she crouched, poised to pivot, and then spun on the balls of her feet, twisting her posture to whip the gunbai in a single quick circle, smashing a few more pirates off the deck as she returned the gunbai to a horizontal, protective position in time to intercept the few arrows her initial sweep hadn't deflected outright.

As the smoke covered the ship, Miroru cackled from her position of safety. "YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE! NOW- WITHIN THE CLOUDS-" She shouted, throwing her gunbai into the air towards the location of a few of the archers and diving towards that spot blindly as she flashed a couple handseals. "-YOU FACE THE STORM!"

The interior of the ash cloud lit up from within as Raiton expanded in all directions, a good ten feet short of Dare's position, the immediate howls of the pirates caught in the storm of lightning followed by a series of thuds and groaning, whimpering voices. Better still, the timing suggested the Raiton was responsible for the creaking topple of the mast, insulating Dare from inquiries into its collapse and freeing him to nail another mast before bailing, if he chose- though with the sound of the toppling mast, several members of the crew not engaging "the Raijin" were all converging on the mast inside the cloud to check it for damage!

D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Oct 31, 2023 19:26:27 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
      Daredemo heard the sounds of the mast beginning to fall. He attempted to look around for the next mast before quickly remembering that he was deep in a cloud of ashes at the moment. That certainly complicated the next series of events, but Daredemo closed his eyes, he took a deep breath. He needed to concentrate. That's what mattered for now. Keeping his mind solely on the task, not the chaos of the situation. What was the best point of attack.

Fighting through the ashes was a bad idea. There was no way to guarantee he'd even be going in the right direction. There was also the issue of running into other combatants. They needed to be quick, delaying things with a needless fight seemed adverse to the mission. The mast wasn't falling too quickly. Was it?

Daredemo bounded up the mast as it began to tumble over. He could feel the slight resistence given by men who had managed to get to the base of the mast to figure out what was going on. The shake of them trying to hold it up, it wasnt ideal, but they were slowing it's decent, which was a benefit to the situation. Though Daredemo was certain their helpful action was entirely for their benefit, he doubted they'd even noticed him through the smoke.

Smoke that Daredemo himself was emerging from overhead. Three masts total, taking out the center would be incredibly damaging, but they could theoretically keep going. Two masts getting knocked down would certainly make that unlikely. Burning the flags down with it would make continued sailing virtually impossible. Daredemo took his eyes to the lead mast, the one at the front of the row of 3. He also darted his eyes at the deluge of ropes from center mast to the deck of the ship. No reason not to ruin their steering system while he was up here, right? 

His sword cut through a, to Daredemo, rather random assortment of ropes. Each one integral to some aspect of managing this mast that was far beyond Daredemo's knowledge. He looked at the main sail across from him, and with one hand seal, more ash formed in the palm of his hand. Simply throwing the burning pile of ash into the sail quickly lit it aflame. Daredemo didn;t have time to watch the results, but fire tended to spread. So it would likely grab their attention eventually if not immediately. 

NAME: Katon: Shikai [Fire Style: As Lifeless as Cold Ashes]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
HANDSEALS: N/A
TRIGGER: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
Without the use of hand-seals, the user will form a collection of burning ash in their hand and throw it at high speeds. Upon contact with a solid object, the ash will explode into a small (one meter in diameter) of burning hot ash. It can cause minor burns and cause intermediate damage to eyes and respiratory system. A clean hit blinding a person until they are able to receive medical attention. Alternatively it can be used to ignite flammable objects or set off traps. The jutsu can be used in quick succession but is not overly lethal.

NAME: Kinobori no Waza [Act of Tree Climbing]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]
ELEMENT: None
DESCRIPTION:
An advanced genin level technique, it serves as a means to both enhance chakra control when mastered as well as a means to change one's advantages on the battlefield. By applying chakra to the soles of the feet, the shinobi gains the ability to walk and stand on vertical surfaces or even upside down.
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Nov 2, 2023 22:16:37 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 222 | notes
As the bodies thudding down around her confirmed she'd emptied the cloud of combatants, Miroru kept going, heading for the base of the main mast, where she could hear it creaking. She threw herself into the air just in time to plant her feet on the shoulders of a hapless soldier, leaping off his back to sprint onto the mast and chase Daredemo up out of the cloud.

Seeing the rigging and sails in flames was a great update, and she ran up to Dare before murmuring quietly to him. "Come on, damage is done. Let's make space and get back to the ship just in case these guys didn't come alone, or inspired someone else to make a play for the cargo."

With that delivered, Miroru hurled herself off the mast and down into the water, slashing her gunbai into the surface to break the tension before she hit it herself, plunging underwater and scrambling back to the surface to sprint off back towards their charge along the water's surface, glancing back to make sure Dare was in tow and not under fire- or ON fire, for that matter!

D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Cutting The Lines [M:C]Nov 3, 2023 21:50:28 GMT -5
Daredemo
Daredemo Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
DAREDEMO
      Daredemo couldn't help but smirk at the sight of flames spreading across the main sail. However his eyes did cast upwards at the actual jolly roger of the ship. A beautifully stitched skull and cross bones. It was capturing Daredemo's attention in a way he couldn't fully explain to himself. However, looking down at the madness below them, Daredemo thought he might have just enough time. 

The call from Miroru that it was time to go was unsurprising. They had done a lot of damage in very little time. It was when the kunoichi quickly found herself diving off the ship into the water below that Daredemo felt a level of shock. He didn't even really have time to respond to her before he pushed himself to keep going further up the mast. He didn't need a heated blade to cut the knots, a simple kunai was more than enough to cut the roger off. But it was delaying him in a needless sense, he could see the ash dissipating from below.

However, if smoke did dissipate it simply revealed Daredemo's clones, distracting most from his actions until it was too late. Another body flicker would carry him off the ship and all the way to Miroru's side. 

"Okay before you say anything," Daredemo began to run alongside the girl, looking into her eyes, "A quick escape is literally like the perfect reason to use the Body Flicker. So you can't judge me for it this time. Plus, I got you a present" Daredmo held the Jolly Roger up with a smile.