compose a reply
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 27, 2024 9:25:07 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
bleed it out
Seeing Daichi slump over was a surefire sign that exposing someone to three concurrent genjutsu probably wasn't the best of ideas if that person didn't want their brain to end up as soup. While none of the stuff they were experiencing was real without external means the brain couldn't tell the difference and overloading it with a bunch of sensations would put even the most hardened person in a bad spot. Even though the Kiri-nin had been the one to suggest Ouritsu trying his hand at three techniques in hindsight the Nohime probably should have been a bit more cautious but the prospect of being able to push himself further to truly get this skill down was too good to pass up.

Listening to the man speak about the experience echoed a sentiment he had heard from the Yuki Lady back at the exams about the techniques needing to be cohesive to drive home the fact that these were illusions after all. She had been able to change the scenery around him in such a way that Ouritsu hadn't noticed the second technique that restricted his movement being used, and it was the one piece of advice she had given him that stuck the most. Sure, being able to slap a bunch of genjutsu on top of each other was cool and all but if they didn't work well together a lot of the 'magic' was lost; then again if bombarding someones senses achieved a result similar to what he was currently looking at then maybe it wasn't a terrible option to keep in his back pocket.

"Funnily enough, that's not the first time I've heard that. It's always tricky trying to pick techniques that mesh well together, but I guess just being able to overstimulate someone is an option, too." Ouritsu mused about these new findings. "You feeling more comfortable with that technique you're working on?"

Truth be told, the Nohime still didn't really understand that jutsu or rather he was having a hard time wrapping his head around all the things it was supposedly able to do at once, but hey, if it meant being able to practice genjutsu on a target that could talk back then Ouritsu would just chalk it up to one of life's mysteries.

words -  - notes
(C) ELLIE @ GANGNAM STYLE
Kata has written 325 posts
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUApr 28, 2024 4:50:13 GMT -5
yamaguchi daichi
however long it takes.
yamaguchi daichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday september 23 rank chuunin occupation mizukage bodyguard

"I can imagine,” Daichi said. "I don’t know much genjutsu—not really my thing, haven’t ever been good at it—but the bits I’ve picked up have been really, um, in your face. Can’t imagine any of that would mesh well with anything, but I’m sure you’ll get it down. You’re great at it already.”

The scant couple of genjutsu he knew, he’d learned from Masshiro—the techniques held so viciously secret by his clan, yet even as the heir he’d almost just slipped up and spilled the beans. His opsec was getting worse by the day, but he felt curiously dispassionate about it, chafing more and more against the smoke-and-mirrors secrecy that that Yamaguchi held so near and dear. One of their signature techniques was making someone think they were dying, but they wanted to preach subtlety?

His train of thought was gently redirected by Ouritsu’s question.

"Definitely,” he said, gratitude embarrassingly earnest on his boyish features. "I think I’ve got a solid lock on it now.” Escaping from genjutsu would be a different hurdle to overcome, but he had to master the technique before he could worry about anything more advanced. "Seriously, I really appreciate it. Anytime you need a genjutsu training dummy, just hit me up, alright? I’ll be around.”

LAIKA OF THQ

tactician has written 260 posts
LAYERS OF DECEIT | OURITSUMay 1, 2024 15:19:23 GMT -5
Nōhime Ouritsu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Nōhime Ouritsu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday rank Chuunin occupation
bleed it out
There were all manner of genjutsu that affected the brain in various ways but most of the popular or infamous ones were, as Daichi described, more upfront in their effects so it was easy to see how one could think that finding jutsu to mesh well together would be a challenge and indeed it would be but that was on Ouritsu to put in the work and find out. He had experienced one such combination and knew it was possible, and with the new techniques he was learning the possibilities were only getting more and more readily available to him.

"I appreciate it. Been a long time coming, but I think I've just about got the hang of it." The chunin replied. All in all this had been a productive training session and while different than the one he had with the other Kiri-nin it was much welcomed practice and the Nohime had even learned something new today. Granted, it was still hard to believe just what all that technique of his would be able to do once he finally got the hang of it but considering all the wild abilities that existed in the world --his own families included-- it really shouldn't have surprised him that something like this existed.

With their good-bye's given Ouritsu would begin to make his exit from the training grounds in search of something to eat. Kiri had some peculiar food no doubt in part to being surrounded by water and having access to things that just wouldn't show up in Iwa, and while sometimes picking something off the menu was a hassle he was glad to have made the trip.

words - tags - notes
(C) ELLIE @ GANGNAM STYLE
Kata has written 325 posts