Hands Up And Handouts [Training]

compose a reply
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 2, 2023 22:42:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 354 | notes

There were proper ways that things got done.
Rules for the ways one was expected to approach another clan's compound.
Protocol for requesting the attention, much less presence, of another clan's head.

And then there was the Miroru Way.

It almost would have been easier to do things the expected way. Scratch that, it WOULD have been easier to just visit the front gate and have someone go see if Kazuto was around and willing to see her. It was an objectively more complex procedure to take all the steps Miroru did to ensure nobody thought she was ACTUALLY trying to be sneaky. Sure, she approached in a Henge, but she did it as an obnoxiously red cardinal- the SAME obnoxious red cardinal she made sure she copied when she came by, just so she'd be easily identifiable. She flew through the front gate, prompting a vaguely irritated sigh from the gate guards who knew very well who that was and that the clan head would almost always make time for her if he had it- and that she'd leave without a fuss if he couldn't.

It was a problem that would resolve itself, and thus wasn't THEIR problem at all.

One of the older Senju still yelled at her as she flew by, though. "REALLY, MISS UCHIHA! The nerve..." It was more on principal than actual aggravation, though, and prompted little more than a shook head and an idly muttered castigation as the stodgy old fellow wandered off. He might have been properly annoyed...

... if Miroru didn't make a habit of leaving little packets of his favorite tea on his windowsill from time to time.

In short order, there was a redheaded girl emerging from a puff of smoke at Kazuto's residence, knocking politely before moving to sit on the edge of the porch, kicking her legs idly while she waited to see if Kazuto was in or not.
"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
COMPLETE/INCOMPLETE MISSIONS
D - 1i | C - 15c/5i | B - 2i | A - 0 | S - 0
Threnody has written 1,170 posts
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 3, 2023 10:38:27 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

Only the sound of his breathing dispelled the shroud of silence. He concentrated, feeling sweat accomulate in his brow as he guided the brush into the scrolls, making sure the characters were as he had seeing them in his mind. As he was done he simply stepped back, placing the brush in an ink plate. Nodding approvingly at his work, deeming it acceptable, his hand moving to reach for the brush once more, only stopped as he saw the flutter of red wings outside his window, from a bird that seemed utterly out of place. Kazuto sighed as he could see through a transformation technique and had an idea of who that might be.

Quielty, the Senju raised from his desk and stretched, feeling the soft pop from his back after hours of continued scholarly endeavor. As he heaerd the distant knock on his door, he would weave a single hand sign and he faded from reality. Appearing a split second later just behind the figure of the young red head that had made an attempt of 'intrusion' either because she had found the normal way boring or because she thought it would be hilarious.

"Hello there." He said, crossing his arms before his chest, hoping that the girl would turn to face him. "I'd say that for a brick, you flew pretty well." He added before speaking once more. "You know you can enter the compound as my guest like a normal person." He finally said.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,151 posts
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 5, 2023 14:43:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 255 | notes

Miroru squeaked at the sudden arrival and sprang to her feet, twisting midair to face Kazuto in a single movement, throwing out a hand to point at him! "HEY! How- there's no- did you leave a kunai in the rafters or something?! What's with this sorcery?!" She didn't at all seem UPSET, just surprised, and overdramatic as ever.

"Hmph. I'll have you know that is a proper bird I saw in a book once, and its coloration similarity to bricks is entirely coincidence. I just like the floofy crest and stuff," she protested, crossing her arms across her admittedly subtle chest. "And yes. I can. But then I don't make Horiyama roll his eyes when I fly by, and he has to pay for all the tea I leave him to not tell my parents SOMEhow." She grinned. "It's cute when grandpas do the whole longsuffering eyeroll thing. Besides, it'd just waste someone else's time instead of mine. Someone's still gotta come and knock and wait to see if you're around. Might as well not take anyone else away from their stuff."

She relaxed, looping her hands behind her head, and asked the important question. "Do you have a bit? I need some help and advice on how to manage jutsus while wielding a weapon."

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 5, 2023 23:22:07 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

The Senju looked somewhat amused at her reaction, finding her childishness endearing. As she would stop, he cleared his throat and pointed down to the seal between her feet that had being placed there at some point. It was natural that had placed many seals, even multiple of them within his house. He had done so with the movie of making sure that he could have several fall back locations should things come to worse and in truth, sometimes he wanted to sneak in and not make a fuzz when he returned from a mission.

"Still." He began, raising a hand to get her attention and stop the rant she was about to have. "You know he's retired and he only does his guards duties for his clan." He would reply, trying to speak to the young redhead to understand that to the startle a man that had retired from the village active forces wasn't exactly the best thing to do. "Besides, you know you're welcomed here, Miroru so still doing that can be annoying to some of my kin." Not that he minded. Some of them acted as if their ability to wield Mokuton had manifested as a stick up their ass.

As the girl seemed to drop the act of an exuberant child to one of a student asking their teacher for time. As the man looked at her, he would shrug and nod towards her. "Of course." He added and he would move towards the door, opening the entrance to his house, allowing the girl to walk inside his house, following her before closing the door behind them. "So, what do you need help with?" Kazuto asked, giving her a pleasant smile to ease whatever nervousness she might be feeling.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 14, 2023 1:43:27 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 205 | notes
"Oh. Well. I suppose that's so. I don't mean to be... y'know, mean to him. He's a good guy," Miroru confirmed, doing her best to consider what she'd been told. "Maybe I'll start doing it normally just to keep everyone off guard~" The redhead snickered mischievously, nodding at her resolution.

Miroru rose and headed inside as she was invited, lacing her hands behind her head as she went. "Nothing crazy. I just need to figure out how to manage seals with only one hand. It'd be super useful- shackles won't stop me anymore, I could like. Get one hand hurt and still be good to go. And more importantly- I can fight with my super awesome megacharged gunbai without losing access to my ninjutsu!" She threw a hand behind her like she was holding a heavy weapon and flashed a few half-seals with her other hand.

"Itsuki-kun's helped me practice a bunch, but like always, he figured it out first. Do you think you could help me work it out?"

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 17, 2023 0:47:27 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Why... would shackles stop you?" He asked, narrowing his eyes as he tried to comprehend the implication behind her words but deciding not to press the issue. After she had been done with explaining her reasonings for learning to use just one hand to weave signs, he nodded, they were valid reasons, albeit he felt that they were perhaps too simplified to his own liking. As she would mention Itsuki, the Senju chuckled. "Well, yes. Itsuki is a clever one." He said as he would lead her into training yard of his manse. "I will help you." Kazuto said as he ushered her.

"As ever, weaving a hand sign is about intention and concentration. Doubly so when you use one hand to weave the sign." He explained as his would make a single sing, the half of ram. "Now, pay attention. As its own this sign won't do a thing. But if you introduce a small change..." He added as he would tilt his hand forward, slightly bending the wrist and he would feel his chakra molding, he would take a deep breath, as his chakra mixed with the oxygen before his lungs and he release a soft golden flame flew before dissipating.

"Notice how I changed posture with my hands. The movement on the joint and how fingers extend." He added as he would point to each action he had taken when he began weaving his fingers and hand. "I'll be strange for you at first, it certainly was for me, but with time you will get used to. What I would recommend is that you start small. Trying a basic technique and then work from there. More complex techniques will require more practice, which will become easier with time." He added as he would awaited the redhead to begin.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Nov 27, 2023 14:32:22 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 273 | notes
"OH! Like. You know. Kekkai shackles? They hold your hands too far apart to do hand seals. But if I can use them one-handed, not even those can stop me!" Miroru explained simply. "Just thinking forward to the sort of things I would do to try to stop someone like me." She puffed up a bit more at the praise to Itsuki, and beamed at the confirmation that she'd be receiving Kazuto's expert assistance!

"Wait, you're supposed to change the positioning?" Miroru squinted and leaned close, studying the shift in the posture, the tension in the wrist and knuckles and that delicate extension. "... huh. Yeah, I guess you'd need to be more precise without the pressure of the other hand aligning everything properly..."

She started trying immediately, though the handseal she was working on was different, the unique hand seal for Kage Bunshin. "It's definitely strange, you're right. But it's kinda necessary, too, and I get that, so I'm trying not to let myself get psyched out, you know?" She paused at the bit about a basic technique and coughed delicately, nodding. "Lemme think..."

After a moment, she lifted her hand and started trying to puzzle her way through the three seals comprising the Transformation technique, rolling through it a few times before managing to- briefly- turn into a striking dummy and back! It wasn't perfect- the clumsy technique was interfering with forming the chakra correctly- but it worked!

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 4, 2023 17:23:28 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"You're replacing a half of the seal with the subtle position of your hands." Kazuto explained as the girl would begin waving the hand sign, awkwardly as she was trying to come up with a style of her own. He would move in from time to time, enveloping her hands with his as he would gently correct the posture showing her to be more resolute with the way she ended the sign. "With confidence, Miroru." He suggested as he would take a step back, crossing his arms before his chest.

"Slowly now. You don't need to rush." The Senju instructed, keeping in mind that she was learning how to perform a single technique. It didn't need to be fast, she just needed to be more comfortable until it was perfect, until everything seemed seamless and just natural as it was breathing for her. "Now, that's it. One sign at the time." He said encouragingly to his student. He would begin to take a step away, arms behind his back. "Align your seals with your breathing." Kazuto suggested, once again to step in to raise her arms slightly, hooking his feet around one of her ankles so gently make her stance better, all in service for her to gain a better understanding of the ability.

"Try once more. Slowly, mind your breathing." He said as he awaited for her to follow his instructions. She had always been a diligent student under his guide and he even when his directions could be annoying, but the red head always managed to pull through with his lessons. "Alright. Try again. This time use your dominant hand." He said and awaited, his eyes affixted on the girl and on what she would do with his instructions.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 4, 2023 17:40:30 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| 213 | notes
"I'm boutta replace half of a seal with the subtle position of my foot upside the head of whoever decided this needed to be so complicated," muttered the redhed as she did her best to do as she was directed. His hands-on corrections helped her to stay centered instead of just frustrated, and she nodded at the directions. "Am I supposed to just fake the confidence? It hasn't worked yet, how'm I sposed-ta have confidence in something that isn't working?"

She harrumphed at being told she didn't need to rush. "I do, too. Itsuki already figured this out. I can't just sit around and get left behind!" The Uchiha whined under her breath, trying to relax again as he coached her to do so. "One at a time... okay." In... sign. Out... sign. In... sign. Following her breath.

"Again... okay." One. Two. Three. POOF. A tall fox in a white kimono appeared, holding the hand sign briefly before the chakra wavered and dumped her back into her normal, redheaded form, wide-eyed and relieved. "It worked! Okay..! We're making progress..!"

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 5, 2023 11:11:07 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"It's not a competition, Miroru." Kazuto said, trying to make her loose some of the tension. "Everyone has different development speeds." He told her. Perhaps it wasn't something that redhead could understand. After all she had been making great gains in understanding and mastering the abilities linked to the Kyubi. At least compared with Sada who had gained some abilities but had simply stagnated and put little effort after that. "What I mean, Miroru, is that for some skills you will pick them up easily, like if they were second nature. With others you will struggle."

He told her, encouragingly. Miroru had, for as lomng as he had known her, been a chipper, joyful spirit. Even when the Kyubi had been sealed within her and the brief moments of the girl's usual persona tinged by anger, she had always been a quick, fast acting spirit that moved from challenge to challenge, thinking on the fly, adapting to the situation as it came and overcoming it with a smile. This time she needed to stop and think and consider what she was doing with a single hand. But even so, he could see the improvement, how she picked up what she was supposed to be doing.

It was then that she completed the seal and a puff of white haze enveloped her. A tall fox wearing a white kimono appeared where the little redhead had been and then the haze returned, the girl transmuting back to her normal form. Kazuto walked to where Miroru was and nodded appreciatively. "Nicely done." He told her. There were some minor criticism here or there, but he could tell her about them later, for the moment he decided it was for the best to let her have her moment and enjoy. "Now try something a little bit more difficult."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 17, 2023 4:32:50 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"It's not about competition," murmured Miroru in frustration. "You don't get it. I- I have to WORK at this stuff. Really, really hard. I don't just... get it, like he does. I spend tons of time practicing all this stuff to try to stay ahead of the curve so I won't get left behind. I know I made it to Genin before him, but did you know he went STRAIGHT from his graduation to the exams and PASSED? I spent months preparing. Learning everything I could to try to stuff my toolbox full of stuff I could use to weasel my way out of any situation- WITHOUT His help," she muttered, refering to the fox. She could hear him chuckling, even. They both knew that not one person- well. ONE person. Those Gates were terrifying. -would have stood a chance if she'd let Him help her. But that was a bad idea on so many levels.

It was likely becoming clear that Miroru didn't have a clear understanding of how much her focus and dedication to working with and understanding the Kyuubi was eating into her time to practice everything else- and more so, she seemed to underestimate how impressive her work with the Old Fox really was. All she saw was the gap between her and her best friend, and the fear of being left behind with no chance of catching up to the brilliant Yamanaka.

Even the brief, small moment of success, though, buoyed her dramatically, and the relief was nearly tangible in the air. "Thanks..! Whew..! Okay. Something... more complicated..?" She considered a moment, and then carefully, slowly formed three seals, following his advice and directions- and a set of crackling raiton needles formed between her fingers, leaving her breathlessly laughing in something close to disbelief now that she was finally starting to get it!

6/9

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 18, 2023 0:24:11 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Kazuto stared at her for some time. Trying to come with an answer to give her about what she had said. Arms behind his back, silent as she strained with the effort of trying to weave hand signs until she would stop and give herself a moment to respite and feel the victory of taking another step forward until she would decide to start over once again and then he would speak. Kazuto clearing his throat to get the attention of his beloved student. "You really think all I've accomplished, all I've done came easy to me?" He said, his tone neutral.

"You graduated from the academy earlier than I did. Itsuki too. Given five years you might as well surpass me." He began, explaining to her how he wasn't as talented as she thought he was. "My father even told me I was a mistake. Everything I am, everything I have done is through sheer will. Talent is nothing if you don't have the determination." He told her, eyebrows furrowing slightly after his speech. It troubled him that she thought that he hadn't struggle, when in fact struggle was something that he was well acquainted with.

"Honestly Miroru... I'm a bastard. An illegitimate child born out of wedlock. I clawed my position in this clan by my deeds... It does offend me you think that everything is a breeze to me." He sounded, a little bit more hurt than he intended, but he wanted to make it clear to her that nothing of what he had done was by any stretch of her imagination as easy as she made it out to be. "Do something more... Complicated then." He said, approving of her progress but deciding to give her a little bit more of space.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 22, 2023 5:34:52 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
  | 7/9 | notes

"Well... it's hard not to. You do everything so well, and better than anyone else I know." Miroru rubbed the back of her head. "It's hard to imagine you struggling with anything. Heck, Kazuto-san, you had-" The ninetails. "-me come at you and you said "but what about flower petals" and won."

Hearing the idea that his father had called him a mistake made Miroru wince, hard and immediately. Her home life, immediate family, was all as wonderful as she could hope for, and the idea of her own father rejecting her cut her deep in an instant. "I had no idea. I guess that makes sense, though. I'm only seeing you after all that struggle and work. I don't mean to diminish what you've been through and achieved, just- wanted to express how I see you. To me, you seem... unstoppable. A force of- ha. Nature."

She nodded a little bit, even as she worked with her hand, this time on another simple jutsu while they spoke. Every couple of tries, it worked, and a tiny chibi version of her popped into being, before she released it and tried again, slowly getting more consistent.

"I can relate to that. When you don't inherit the thing that makes the clan special and famous, nobody really expects anything out of you. Even now- acing the exams as young as I did, I still can't ever be an exceptional Uchiha. Just an exceptional shinobi that happens to be related to them."

She was quiet a long moment. "I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I didn't mean to."

He suggested she try something more complicated, so she did. A longer series of seals...

And then she just disappeared.

NAME: Go-jū no Saisei Kekkai [Five Layer Self-Reparing Barrier]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very High

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu (general)

ELEMENT: None

DESCRIPTION:

After performing the necessary hand seals, the user creates an invisible barrier around themself that stretches out for about 3 m. This barrier bends the light around them, effectively rendering them invisible while also keeping a solid barrier to defend from attacks. This barrier is multi-layered, having 5 solid layers which can repair themselves if any damage is taken. The 5 layers together can withstand having a hill sized boulder smashed against them and having one layer left over. In addition, the barrier with its multi layers prevents doujutsu or sensory-type shinobi from peering inside.

The issue with this jutsu is that even though it renders the user invisible, it is still tangible and so it will interact with the environment around it. If one were to walk through a field of tall grass the grass wold part around it or get flattened. In addition, to keep the barrier up and repair it the user must hold the final hand seal. While this allows them movement it also prevents them from utilizing other techniques that require the hands.

Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Dec 24, 2023 15:01:48 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"It's alright." He replied, understanding that she hadn't meant to insult him. In fact, now a days the mention of his father from other or even from him caused him little more than just an irritation when they had caused sadness in the past. Although he did not that she mentioned his cherry blossoms and that made him grin slightly. The just had been created as a way to rebel from the most conservative measures of the clan and in many ways it had defined him as well as it would define his family from the generations to come if favor remained in hiw own bloodline.

"You're too kind to believe that of me." He would add. "I'm merely a man, a flawed individual. No more, no less." He would determine. He had made a many great deal of mistakes and he had his regrets but he was content with who he was at the moment and what he had managed to achieve in his life. What he could only hope is to leave a legacy that would make his children and students proud. On that, however, he was sure that he would be able to see that dream come to life.

As the young redhead would disappear after waving her hand seals, he nodded. "You're picking up this quickly." He would commend. Once more she was proving to be a quick learner and insaciable when she would want to break barriers and defeat obstacles, almost seeminglessly taking in his lessons and applying them in a practical manner. "I think you got it. Perhaps refine the movements of your fingers and wrists." The Senju suggested. "But you seem to be getting this pretty quickly on your own. Refinement in battle will come with practice and patience."

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Hands Up And Handouts [Training]Jan 5, 2024 7:16:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Chuunin
| ### | notes
"If you're sure. I know it sucks to have your hard work written off, and I apologize for that. I'm sorry," Miroru murmured sincerely. "And you're not merely anything. You're amazing! Everyone's scared of the Azure Dragon. I hope I can get a reputation half as cool as yours someday. "Oh no," they'll say! "It's the Fire Nation's Fox Sage! Run for the hills!"" She snickered and clapped her hands to her face to mimic comedic fear.

"Thanks. It's... still tricky. The subtle manipulations are hard. The chakra wants to just blast out, keeping it in check is really bothersome..." She admitted, nodding as he encouraged her. "Do you think honing the movements will fix the precision problems with the chakra flow? Be nice if it turned out to be that easy a fix..."

She had to snort a little laughter as he told her to rely on practice and patience. "Well, I'm good at doing one of those things, at least!"