Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 35 years old birthday 11/20 rank Jōnin occupation Council Member
[attr="class","dilyrics2"]Shinobi May Keep Secrets ButLoyalty
[attr="class","dilyric2"]Is It's Own Reward
[attr="class","dibody2"]
Hayato stopped his chewing at her next question. His hold on his chopsticks slackening as the question simply took him off guard. He didn't dare to meet her gaze, as if the question was an equation that simply didn't have an exact probability that he could prove or disproof, as if the very consideration was a cogitation that didn't made any sense and simply looped back and forth until an answer came. His stern visage remained but now it was tinged with the likelihood of uncertainty. "I do not know." He answered, as he stared at the void. He blinked, trying to regain some measure of composure that had been lost.

"Truth is..." He said lingering in those words as he kept the thousand yard stare. "I wouldn't even know how to approach them." His admission was cut again by the sound of the sizzling cuts of beef and pork. His eyes remained on the table cloth before them, his fingers still devoid of the grasp of the chopsticks that he had wielded with ease. "I don't even remember how they looked like." Hayato admitted to Ume, the cook too interested in his craft to care about the admission of a man that had part of his own self, his own mind removed as if it were removed surgically.

When he saw his visage he wondered if he favored more his mother or his father and the cursed that whatever information about them seemed to be lost as if the records had been deleted from existence. He remembered their names, that his father had been ANBU just like himself. That his mother had been a civilian. He could remember the strong hands of his father and the scent of jasmine and cherry blossom soap. "I'm sorry... I forgot what you said about the third date..." Hayato said, taking a hold of his chopsticks, trying to find something appetizing.

[attr="class","ditags2"]318 notes if you want
[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody2 b]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2 span]color:#583a3e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
Harukei has written 227 posts
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Dec 26, 2023 23:45:28 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♏︎ October 31st rank Chuunin occupation SOKA Operative
Umechika can tell the question struck a sensitive chord, and part of her regretted asking it - for once not because of the vulnerability it took to share such intimate truths with each other, but because she did not want to sour his mood. She had wanted this to be fun, despite the job behind it.

She listens solemnly, also unable to look toward her comrade as he finds the words he's looking for. Quiet, listening, staring at the vegetables left on her plate. Damn. She'd only eaten the meat again.

Then he's apologizing, and Umechika shakes her head profusely. Finally, she looks to her old captain, sparkling diamond eyes searching for his dark orbs. "Don't be sorry, I asked." Ignoring a pit in her stomach she takes back to their meal, making up for her imbalance by plucking a bush of broccoli and dipping it into her soy sauce. Food was a good distraction from her feelings. Seemingly back to her normal self, she speaks impolitely through her mouthful of food. "I don't remember my dad very much. I know he used to talk to me about weird shit, like meat and draining animals for blood. But after..." Trailing off, Ume reaches across her plate to grab her cup of water, lowering her chopsticks. Sighing after she's drank, setting it back aside, Ume continues firmly. "Well, after a while I didn't see him anymore. Ahh... My point is, ma's all I got, so... yeah, you might be right." Then, "Thanks fer being all meddling and whatever."

Diligently, the chuunin finishes the vegetables on her plate.

marz has written 78 posts
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Jan 9, 2024 11:15:49 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]

"I'm sorry." He would managed to say, unsure if there was anything else that could be said after she had explained the situation about her father. Part of him felt like he had intruded in something that would have a secret, a rather intimate detail about her life and another part felt that he had soured whatever mood she might have been carrying after he explained his own background. It felt like inviting anyone to a past in which he had been left alone and without any other recourse, he had joined ANBU. Of course, at that point, ANBU had become merely an environement in which orphan children without clans to support them would be ideal candidates for induction.

He continued eating, mixing a selection from the seared flesh and vegetables in silence as an awkward silence had settled about like a shroud, dispelled by the dying sounds of the searing skillet and the actions of the cook before them, trying to impress an audience that seemingly had more to consider in their minds that anything else that he could say or do. In the end the man simply grew content with cooking and not long after, the food that they had ordered was all but cooked, either consumed by them or before them in their plate.

Clearing his throat, Hayato would try to get her attention, hoping that her blue eyes would meet his. "You don't need to come with me to the inspection." He told her gently, more out of a way to ask for forgiveness for prying too much and allow her to have sometime for herself should she need it and not as a form of punishment. "If you wish, that is. I'm not giving you an order." He added, trying to consider his words carefully as he spoke.

[attr="class","ditags2"]303 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics2]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric2]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#583a3e;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags2]font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;margin-top:5px;color:#999;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Jan 10, 2024 20:19:29 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday ♏︎ October 31st rank Chuunin occupation SOKA Operative
Ah, the meal gets sort of tense and awkward after that. The two eat in silence among chatter, sizzling, laughter and the soft music coming from somewhere in the room. Umechika keeps her eyes on her food, on the chef, ahead. She devours an impressive amount of meat, and a good portion of vegetables. It seems like she could keep eating forever, which is strange given her small size; nonetheless, she puts as much as she can away before Hayato is ready to move on with the night.

Swallowing the last of her food, her icy blue eyes slide over to his. "You don't need to come with me to the inspection." Something in Umechika's chest sinks, a suddenly sullen look pulling over her expression as she searches Hayato's stoic visage. Immediately, she's worried that she's done something wrong; had she somehow offended her friend?

Umechika turns her eyes back to her empty plate. She blinks. Hayato tacks on that it's up to her and she smiles, though her eyes are still hooded. Reflexively, she jumps into defense mode - but keeps it casual. She purrs, grins at Hayato. "Oh, I see. Want all the paperwork to yerself, eh?" She cackles, splays out her hands in feigned defeat. As if she wanted to do business on this trip! So fine, Hayato could go alone. She would just go back to the room alone. They had a private onsen, didn't they? Though she had sort of hoped to go to one of the good ones in the village.

Bah. Whatever.

"Suit yerself."

Paying for their meals and bowing out, Umechika's heart chokes her and heat rises at the back of her throat, behind her eyes, against her cheeks. The tips of her pointy ears are turned pink when they step outside. She is safe and warm on the inside of her giant coat and corpse-like body, yet her breath still plumes into small, white clouds when she speaks. "Thank you," she says before they part ways. She smiles, and it is warm despite the ache in her chest. "I'll see you back at the room, Hayato-kun."

Umechika walks back with a racing mind. Luckily, the private onsen would be waiting for her.

last edit by Shitai Maimomu on Jan 10, 2024 20:21:11 GMT -5
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Jan 21, 2024 22:31:40 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
He felt relieved that his suggestion didn't upset her and was glad that she took that into a good stride. As they parted ways he noticed the light coloration that tinged her pale features. He blinked and saw her leave back to the hotel, his eyes never straying away from her until she became a blur in the light crowd and he turned to continue his duties. He wondered what had caused that, but he decided to respect her privacy, if she had wanted to share what malady she had, then he would hear unless it was something that put her life at risk, then he would ask. With his mind settled, he then went to his meeting and inspection.

It seemed that days had passed in the hours he had been away. He had gone through every single nook and cranny, every problem that he had seeing with the lead of security for the village during the exams. Gave his recommendations, stated his demands and made sure that the implementation began now rather than in days time. He felt worn, tired, whatever warmness there had been earlier during the day had been washed away by the sheer might of duty. Complacency was something that he needed to erase now on with his position as commander.

As he entered the room he shared with Ume, he was buffeted by the warmth of the room. The room still orderly as he had remembered when they had left. "I'm back." He announced, looking uncertain. Their room wasn't exactly large and he could might as well come into the room where she could be taking a shower and interrupting in someone's privacy wasn't something he was known to do. In turn he just managed to advance into where the bed rolls had been set and he collapsed on his side.

[attr="class","ditags2"]307 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Feb 8, 2024 23:09:38 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
When she gets back to the small room, she wants to break something. Instead, she rips off her clothes layer by layer, marches out onto their private deck stark naked to dip into the warmth of the onsen. Hair already tied up, she sinks down into the steam until her nose hovers over the water. Dead or not, she needs to breathe, otherwise she'd lay at the bottom submerged the whole time. Instead she sits there, glaring at nothing, arms crossed grumpily over her chest. A few hours later, she's feeling less rejected and more like herself, shaking off the nasty feeling and finding warmth and comfort and excitement again. It was possible to have a good time alone, too.

That's when she gets into the complimentary minifridge full of various liquor samples. Still naked, giggling mischievously to herself, the chuunin throws back at least five tiny bottles of different colored liquids before she's dry enough to slip into her night clothes and pick up the articles she'd shed earlier.

By the time Hayato gets back, she's in the bathroom, brushing her hair out in front of the mirror. It was down now, falling in straight layers around her shoulders. She has on a too-big white tee with some logo over the front, and a pair of plain black shorts. "I'm back."

Ignoring how excited she gets, the pinkette only lets out a blubbering giggle in response as she finishes by brushing her teeth. Then she appears back in their shared space, arms folded behind her back innocently. "Heeeyyy, Captain," she slurs, still a little woozy from the alcohol. She sings forward, collapsing to her knees on the remaining bed roll beside Hayato. "How'd it gooo, all by yer lonesome?" She is grinning her normal, wicked grin, but her cheeks are touched crimson.
last edit by Shitai Maimomu on Feb 8, 2024 23:12:23 GMT -5
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Feb 11, 2024 2:11:28 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
The newly minted Commander of INKA closes his eyes briefly, almost tempted to give in to the accumulated exertion in his body. And then he heard the giggles that came from her, the sound of her feet gliding over the tatami carpet before he would she would fall to her knees next to him. Her words coming slurred, he turned to face her as the pinkette gave him a toothy smile, spreading from ear to ear, her hair that as long as he had recalled was always kept tied in braids now ran wildly down her shoulders. A reddish tint spread on her cheeks and the tips of her pointy ears before she asked him if he had fun.

"No." He admitted, deciding to omit the fact that he hadn't been alone and it was essentially his duty and seldom had duty being fun for him. He incorporated himself, finding some strength to be on his knees on top of his own bed roll, narrowing his eyes at her for a second. He supposed that there was something attractive about the way she looked with her hair down, but he decided not to mention it. He settled on her state, the scent of her breath even at this distance. "You've been drinking." He said in a matter of fact tone, remembering how she had acted in the last instance where she had drank too much.

"I'll go make you some tea." He said, rising to his feet and moving to the small kitchen, going through the motions of boiling the water and preparing the herbs for the liquid. It wasn't that he didn't trust Ume with drinking, but last time she hadn't addressed the needs that her abilities given by her heritage demanded. "I saw that you took your time to relax." He said, not in condemnation but merely as an observation.

[attr="class","ditags2"]word count notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
last edit by Kazuhiro Hayato on Feb 11, 2024 2:11:52 GMT -5
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Feb 12, 2024 12:24:02 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
His one-worded answer makes her smile twitch, but it does not fall yet. There's a moment where he's observing her, and she knows that he's putting two and two together. He smile does fall when he calls her out for drinking, immediately moving into fix-it mode. She groans with broadway exaggeration, throwing herself onto her back on her bed roll.

Not that she would say no to his hospitality; it was kind of heartwarming, in a way, so she'd let him dote on her. She still lies on her back for a while, only sitting up when he speaks again, noting her time of 'relaxation.' She wouldn't quite call it that, but whatever.

The fanged pinkette grins again, shrugging her shoulders broadly. "I'm milking this vacation for what it's worth. You should, too. Then she waves him off, adding quickly, "When, y'know, you're not busy with the business aspects."

When he returns with a cup of tea, Umechika takes it carefully, unfazed by the heat radiating through the ceramic. If anything, she finds it somewhat pleasant. She sips idly, sitting with her legs crossed at the head of her bed roll. She watches Hayato carefully over the steam rising from her mug, curious about how comfortable he is. When half the mug is gone, she's feeling a little bit less woozy. She takes in a breath and settles her cup in her lap. "I guess it's getting late. I don't know how well I'll sleep, though. All this excitement's got my mind on overdrive." Her expression twists up, and part of her wants to mention the nightmares she's been prone to lately. It goes unsaid. "Tomorrow we don't have much we gotta do. Standard border patrol sometime in the afternoon." She sips from her nearly gone tea. "Then yer wanted for something or other, I wrote it down."
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Feb 12, 2024 13:12:52 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
"You misunderstand." He told her as he would handed her the tea. "It's merely and observation, not a condemnation." The ANBU Commander added. He didn't in any way came to consider that they would work all the time or that what she had decided to do was wrong. She was in her right, but a part of him always felt out of place in these times of relaxation. The last time that he had some time for such things he had felt joy but that seemed like a long distant memory from another lifetime and life had seemingly made its way to simply deny him of such bliss. He didn't think he knew how to relax.

"I respect your privacy." Hayato said in a quiet tone. "I can find my own place to sleep. I've slept in worse places than a hotel room." He added, managing a quick smile that faded as soon as it arrived. He wasn't sure whether or not she was fine with sleeping in the same room as another man, he couldn't guess much after having met her mother but one thing he knew was that, he didn't want to trouble her with his own problems when it came to sleep. He would rather not disturb her rest of he could, not that he ever managed more than just a mere couple of hours.

"You can show me what am I to do tomorrow after breakfast." He added, giving her an understanding nod about how late it was and how tired she had to be right now. He was tired to, he felt it in every fiber of his being. "Now, if you don't mind, I might give myself a soak in the onsen... And maybe some sleep." He said, raising to his height and moving towards the small room between the onsen proper and their shared room, stopping only for one second as he looked at her. "I've never seen you with your hair down. It looks nice." He said, unsure of why he remarked on that, but deciding that he might as well give her a compliment.

[attr="class","ditags2"]353 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Feb 28, 2024 20:31:42 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
"What!" She gives a little hop, eyebrows narrowing and cheeks puffing out - almost pouting, she shakes her head. "No, you're sleeping in here. I paid for this room, you're going to use it!" Her voice is stern if not a little high pitched, clearly on the precipice of annoyance with Hayato.

She watches him stand, her face going a little slack. Ume wouldn't deny him his right to a soak, even if she would deny him his right to leave. She nods, opens her mouth to speak, only to close it again when he comments on her loose hair. Her face turns a little pink as she blinks bewilderment out of her eyes. Did Hayato just compliment her? She manages a sideways smile. "Er, thanks. I think." Then, as he starts slipping onto the patio where the private onsen waits, she barks, the weight of her words driving her to stand on her knees. "I'm goin' to bed and when I wake up you better have been sleeping in the roll next to me! You got it!"

Alone again, she sits there pouting for a minute. After a while, she finishes her water, washes the glass, pulls the two bed rolls apart so that there is a foot between them. She snuggles up in the throes of the left one, not bothering to wait for Hayato to fall asleep, even if it's a little uneasily.
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Mar 5, 2024 23:13:40 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
He listened to her, waving his hand as he would enter the patio and close the door behind him as he undressed and picked up a towel. He felt the cold chill of the mountain night upon his flesh, he sensed the aching of old wounds that had healed stab at him like memories of the countless times death had approached him but he had somehow managed to escape its grasp. A toe tested the waters and slowly and carefully he would enter the water and sit on the stony bottom of the pool, allowing whatever revitalizing energies to restore his lost energy and heal him.

Yet as he looked upon the darkened skies he couldn't find that recovery he looked for, other than whatever respite the warm waters offered. He gave himself little more than fifteen minutes and then rose from the water, ignoring the sudden change in temperature before he would return to the small chamber between the room itself and the patio, patting himself dry and then finding the usual clothing he used to sleep, dark grey trousers and shirt. As he walked in, taking an effort of drying his hair before he would return to the two bed rolls, finding Ume already in her sleep.

Looking for his own roll he would sigh, unfurling it next to the young woman and settling himself on it as he would allow the blanket to cover him. It was strange, not that he had a woman sleeping next to him, but it was more that the relationship they had was one of comradeship. He decided then not to think too much of it, he needed to get some rest before tomorrow, he still had much to do. Hopefully he would be able to get some actual sleep and not nightmares from his past. Hopefully. He thought, closing his eyes.

[attr="class","ditags2"]310 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Mar 10, 2024 15:43:36 GMT -5
Shitai Maimomu
blood spills coin
Shitai Maimomu Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
It's not often that Umechika does not dream of the macabre; of death, of blood, of pools of black that swallow her whole in inky vines. Even less often does she not dream of sinking her teeth into loved ones to drain them of their lifeblood and take their soul into her stomach. Dreams of feasting on death, of being alone. Sometimes, she even sees her father's face.

Tonight is different. At first there is cold, an endless winter night, a bitter chill that Ume cannot feel. In the distance, the darkness sprouts brambles of horns. It tilts its head and smiles at her. A tall, dark-haired man emerges from the smile, but his face is stoic, though not unkind. With him falls away the shadows.

She wakes up and only then realizes it was Hayato who had visited her dreams. The warmth of him from the vision still lingers.

Ume opens her eyes. She's pressed against her comrade, the connection seeping into her bones. Warmth touches her cheeks. Afraid to wake him (or worse, that he's already awake), the small vampire carefully rolls onto her back, away from him and onto the floor that had separated their mats. She must have snuck across the gap in her sleep, and for a moment she feels guilt, shame, embarrassment. Her face is red as she stares pointedly at a corner of the room, trying to regain some semblance of dignity.

Sitting up, Ume looks around the room, finding that it's still toned in darkness. Peering out the window, she finds the moon, closer than normal and bright. Her icy blue eyes glitter in the moonlight, easy breaths rising and falling her chest. She contemplates for a while, but finally decides to stay awake. First she moves to her luggage, fishing out a blood bag from the hospital. She takes out to the balcony and sits at the rocky edge of the onsen to drink deeply from the pouch, draining it of its contents. Waywardly, she thinks about how she'd rather taste Hayato again, but she'd never ask.

When she's done and the evidence is discarded, Umechika flees to the bathroom to change. She dons a black armless catsuit, chest exposed through the blocky window beneath the sleeveless turtleneck top. She pauses before putting her hair up, remembering what Hayato had said about her hair being down. Her eyebrows twitch. She ties the braids tight and pins them to the sides of her head per usual. When she's satisfied, she remerges, morning finally settling in. When Hayato would wake, he'd find her sitting at the counter going over the list and some extra paperwork.
A Week of Domestication [ s | private ]Mar 25, 2024 1:10:53 GMT -5
Kazuhiro Hayato
All is Dust
Kazuhiro Hayato Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
[attr="class","dibody2"]
Sleep was sometimes a foreign concept for Hayato. Nights were fraught with dreams of past battles, of bloodied trainings, of children living through exposure and having to drag their dying comrades, of feeling their life escape as they were held. He had dreams of crawling through a field of the death, pushing through mounts of cadavers as his vitae oozed from the myriad wounds that he sustained as life itself had clung on him as if it were a disease. It was a reality that he had to content almost every night and he had managed to control said dreams.

He hadn't dream this night. It had been a blank void that came and went as soon as his eyes closed and opened. Lasting the entirety of eternity and briefness of a heartbeat. He came to himself in the moment of darkness, his senses returning to him in the same time of his awareness. He felt her weight against him, and felt the touch of her flesh against his. It was cold but not unpleasant. He remained still, eyes opening briefly as he looked at the pinkette still resting and a short smile appeared on his features before closing his eyes at the moment in which he felt her stir and move away from him.

Allowing her time to gather herself and leave the bedroll. Allowing her to have time to drink in the sustenance of blood and have time for herself in this moment. He allowed that before he would wake up himself and made a move to sit on his roll, looking at it as it had been, right about his body as if he didn't move, and turning to see where Umechika had slept, made a mess as if she had tossed and turned all night long as if something had bothered her. "Ume?" He groaned and got up.

[attr="class","ditags2"]312 notes if you want

[googlefont=Oswald]