compose a reply
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 4, 2024 5:37:33 GMT -5
Honō Yoshitaka
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Honō Yoshitaka Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 10 December rank Elite Jounin occupation Baishin
Honō Yoshitaka

The moment that Shin identified the unnatural silent movements, Yoshitaka deliberately changed his stance in a slow fashion, something about his posture and general body language suddenly becoming... well, more civilian, a whisper of cloth as he rubbed his chin in thought, a slightl scratching from his fingernails, a bit of a sniffle and a grunt that one might expect from an older working class man. The slowness of such a change was meant to indicate not only that Shin was correct, but also how one would adjust for that 'flaw' in his disguise.

His silent response to the mention of the teapot was to reach into his sleeve and briefly flash a small sealing scroll with a cheeky grin, casually kicking his empty tea cup into the air and catching it on the opened scroll, where it disappeared n an instant, the scroll vanishing back up his sleeve. "I have met some fearless civilians in my time, so don't let that alone lead you to make assumptions. Though I'm sure I could do a good job coming across as scared, right now you're very suspicious of me, so, instead I might do something like this..." and with that he formed a single handseal, quick enough that few could react to it, and to Shin it would appear as though the older man had simply vanished as he used Tairai Joukei no Jutsu [Plain Sight Technique], silently taking two steps to the side of his previous position to see how the younger shinobi responded.

The jutsu didn't make Yoshitaka invisible so much as make it so that others did not perceive him visually, eyes simply gliding past him as though he wasn't there at all.

Word Count: 285
Tags:

last edit by Honō Yoshitaka on Jan 5, 2024 8:42:17 GMT -5
Eleri has written 34 posts
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 4, 2024 14:27:51 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
"With a smile and zero hesitation."
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull
age 20 years old birthday 16.04. rank Chuunin occupation The Hustle

As Yoshitaka changed his posture and demeanor so seemingly easily, Shin gave an appreciative nod, this was truly a master at work before him, there was no way he wouldn't at least be a little impressed. As he was now, Shin really wouldn't be able to see through him if the man didn't leave himself open. Even the tea cattle he got right, but he still did not get the answer he desired or who this man was. He sure liked to play around with Shin's feelings and wouldn't give up his information easily, but that got Shin a little irritated as he was stuck, unable to solve the problem by himself. Shin hated this feeling more than anything and decided he needed to work more on himself, he was still not far enough along the path to get cocky. Even if he had been promoted to jounin already instead of getting denied, he would not be much further ahead. Shin did not have any smile left on his face, instead there seemed to be some intent flaring in his eyes behind a motionless facade.

As Yoshitaka vanished from his field of view, he had already figured out what technique he was using. The problem was what approach Shin would take and what this older man wanted to see from him. He was clearly being tested, no, maybe Shin misunderstood his intention and this was some sort of lesson, a part of his training. Shin's momentary state of focus relaxed and he took a lax position again. "Well, the obvious solution is to Kai this and get out of the genjutsu, but I think the funnier solution would be to..." As he spoke, below Shin a thin layer of water would spread across the ground, making it so that where Yoshitaka was standing, the outline of his feet would be shown if he remained, otherwise he was force to move and Shin would've created an area that worked as a small area of detection. (Suiton: Ayamariue [Water Release: Slip Surface]) This was really not an effective way to counter what Yoshitaka did, but Shin thought it to be hilarious. "Well, so much for that, but I think the best way for me to counter you would be to apply a counter genjutsu the moment you're rendering hand seals. Making you lose balance, or putting physical pressure on you. Better yet, I would like to apply a little technique that would cause your body to itch everywhere, but I am not looking to harm you of course." Shin was applying seven hand seals in a row, but not using chakra to actually resolve it, though if Yishotaka had some knowledge of Genjutsu, he could figure out that these hand seals would make the blood itch technique. "I guess my point is that if you know Genjutsu, you can figure out and combat them without needing to use the Release technique. Personally, the most important thing about fighting with and against Genjutsu is making sure you can take the initiative, but also subvert expectations."

Shin used this moment of ending his sentence, to apply a jutsu not onto his opponent, but on himself. Below his feet, a few earthen plates shot up, pushing him upwards into the air, where he performed a series of ten hand seals and then threw a kunai at the position where Yoshitaka stood before he vanished. To be honest, this was just a big gamble of chakra, the pay-off being that Shin would get to apply the Eye Taking Technique to the older man as a measure of relieving some annoyance. To be honest, he could probably be seen through with the difference in their strength, but he wanted to try something and might as well follow up on his words. Success was not as important as being a little shit, showing he was not ready to just play around and follow along. If this worked, he would definitely get the Hono to release his hand seal too, as the man would see Shin Shunshin next to him and attack him with the Kunai right to the eyes and take his vision. Of course, this was just a bad prank in the form of a Genjutsu.

At least the quiet and confident Shin had finally shown himself a bit.

722 words
last edit by Uehara Shin on Jan 4, 2024 14:28:14 GMT -5
Leylin has written 48 posts
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 5, 2024 8:54:43 GMT -5
Honō Yoshitaka
Honō Yoshitaka Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Honō Yoshitaka

Hmm, seems he was starting to lose his impromptu student in this lesson, the attitude turning from curious interest to something a bit more sour and unpleasant. Time to reel  the lesson back in it seemed. As the water spread out across the ground the Elite Jounin was forced to jump up into the tree, standing upside down on one of the branches as he held his genjutsu for a moment. Shin's response was not entirely what he would have expected, the younger man launching himself up and throwing a kunai in the position he had once been in.

The rather intense headache spread across Yoshitaka's skull as his Futaishō Shīru [Genjutsu Intolerance Seal] triggered, telling him he had just been trapped in a genjutsu himself. Unfortunately for the Honō, Shin's genjutsu skills were such that even for someone of Yoshitaka's capabilities, the pain caused by the seal wasn't enough to break it before it could play out. From Yoshitaka's end, it would seem like Shin had found him and simultaneously plunged the kunai into his eyes. It was only the warning of his seal breaking that let him control his reflexive response to such an attack, his own genjutsu remaining active even as he felt the blood drip out of his ruined eye sockets and slide up into his hairline.

"A nasty technique you have there, and a quick response for someone who may be an intruder trying to escape," Yoshitaka said, releasing his own handseal and reappearing into Shin's view, his demeanour seemingly relaxed even in the face of what he was struck by, his eyes screwed up as a result of the genjutsu. But Yoshitaka was far more alert than he seemed, his hearing sharp, his mouth slightly open to catch both sound and scent better. It wouldn't be the first time he'd had to fight without sight. With a pair of handseals so fast that shin might have difficulty tracking that there were even two used, Yoshitaka dropped to the ground... and disappeared into it, as though he had dived into a pool of water.

A moment later he popped back up sitting across from Shin, the teapot between them, eyes still screwed shut but otherwise seemingly unperturbed. "Initiative, subverted expectations, and a willingness to be... nasty. All important skills for a shinobi to succeed out in the world. I am Honō Yoshitaka, Kusagakure's representative to the Daimyo for some eleven years, and an elite Jounin. Your suspicions were correct in this instance. It has been very interesting to discuss with you your perspective on things," he explained with a pleasant smile.

"Though, I would appreciate if you ended this genjutsu now, it does hurt somewhat"

Word Count: 450
Tags:

Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 6, 2024 7:01:59 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

To be fair, Shin realized that he'd gone a little too far in his attempt to counter Yoshitaka's technique, but there was no going back from it now. He sighed at having let himself get affected to even this small degree. He really had to learn self control still, but his mood just was a bit all over the place after talking with Yoshitaka and to be honest it had been too long since someone could hold a candle to him, or in this case even be more capable than himself. Shin seemed to be thinking for a moment, even admiring the older man's ability to stay calm and collected even after he was hit by this Genjutsu as if he'd figured it out instantly. Or maybe Shin was imagining things but this man really was pretty good.

Only when Yoshitaka appeared back at their little fireplace did Shin look up again and shok his head. "I'm not sure that was the most elegant of solutions and I let myself go a little, sorry for solving it this way by causing you pain. It was just meant to be a small lesson by you." The Genjutsu affecting Yoshitaka would vanish and Shin went to sit down before Yoshitaka again, now with a sense of peace to him. "I am thankful you would share some time with myself and hope we can have more discussions in the futue... maybe under more peaceful circcumstances." Shin realized that he still had things to learn, meeting Shinobi had really become important to him right now, as they were way more willing to bite back at him and shared different views from the many civilians he was around usually. Though he hadn't shown any reaction to the reveal of the other man's indentity, but he kept a peaceful yet polite attitude when talking to him. "Truly an unexpected guest to have visiting me during my training. I'm not sure what brought you to this place, but I'm grateful for your time. My name is Uehara Shin, Chuunin, I work with some civilian businesses around here aside from being a shinobi." He rubbed his chin and added, "I'm actually surprised I get to talk to the Hono leaders before most of the younger generation, Chisai and you at the top really make an interesting combination." He smiled and didn't speak any more on it and instead said, "I have no interest in prying into your secrets of why you're here, instead I am curious if you can help me get an audience with the lord of Kusa? If anything I am sure you came here to meet him and I am also looking to talk some business with him, but my attempts to get an audience have been denied for the past two months."

Shin looked at Yoshitaka with a little expectation in his eyes.

479 words
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 8, 2024 8:18:04 GMT -5
Honō Yoshitaka
Honō Yoshitaka Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Honō Yoshitaka

"I would recommend being a little more careful around those of my skill level,"
Yoshitaka advised calmly, eyes sliding open as all pain ceased with the ending of the genjutsu, "not many have my level of self restraint." Many jounin who reached the sort of calibre that he had would have responded far more viciously to such an attempted attack after all, and it wouldn't do for Shin to think such behaviour would go over well in other circumstances.

"I am aware of who you are, Uehara Shin, and though I would not dream to call myself one of the Honō leaders I am rather high up within the village hierarchy." His interactions with his clan were few and far between after all, what he was to them more than anything was an example of what one could do with Yoton, his skill somewhat above Chisai's but not by that much.

"As for meeting with the new lord, he's currently quite busy and I am not certain just when he will be available for anything yet," the elite Jounin stated with a shrug as he poured himself some more tea from... somewhere, "I would also have to know what it was that you wanted to talk to him about before I could even say if it was something to bother him with." Last he'd heard the new lord had gone off to Akazaya in regards to the Chuunin Exams being hosted there, so when there was going to be any meetings he couldn't say for sure.

An unusual priority, but it was what it was.

Word Count: 265
Tags:

Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 8, 2024 16:34:45 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

Closing his eyes, he lowered his head a little, not quite enough to count as a real bow, but definitely a gesture of some kind. Yoshitaka was right, this little action of his was just too careless and impulsive. He looked back up and replied, "You're right, I'll make this rudeness up to you some day. That's a promise, and I don't forget those." Inside Shin mocked himself for this, he always saw himself as so high and mighty compared to others at his level and now this shame came upon him. "I really played too much with grasshoppers, when I was surrounded by lions. It's time to widen my scope." He smiled, looking a little thoughtful, but not explaining himself further like he was used to doing a lot.

"Well, I don't think it matters how high you are in your clan's ranking, your other positions are great enough on their own, if not higher, though I am sure at least the children think highly of you, haha." He thought of all the Hono kids that were in the village, that he didn't really have contact to, but certainly had heard of. "Alright, let's not talk too much about family, though, this is not the time for it." In truth Shin was curious if Yoshitaka knew something, since he had possibly gotten to know his parents or grandfather, but there were also some remnants around the country as he had heard about people with his specific type of hair and eye separation being spotted, but he had not approached anyone, it was not the time yet.

"Right. Running into the Kusa lord at the chuunin exams maybe would have been easier than getting an audience with him in the village." He chuckled, his voice making it clear that he was exaggerating. "I'll not put the Lord's thinking into question, I just don't know enough. What I care about right now, is my idea being known. I think you should know about it too, it's only proper. It sounds like a grand ambition, but what I'd like to do is connect the country and the way I want to approach that, is by building a network of information. I already have a few goons running around and collecting information about this country, while I'm also connecting traders and merchants with each other. My goal is not going to war, but with the position of the field country in mind, I would like to make it a large center of trade, even to the surrounding countries. I want to start this off, by building an information network, to strengthen inside, but also protecting towards the outside. The Lord, you and I, we all know that Kusa and field country have always struggled in the middle of everything and are not the most well regarded people and I want to give it a new importance in this world. Whether I get the chance to try it and whether this will end up good or bad, only the future will tell. For something like this, I will need more than a single person's efforts."

Shin stood up, brushed some dust from his pants and looked down at Yoshitaka, "I've been fooling around with thugs too much, it's time to get serious... So, how about we start a newspaper." He grinned.

557 Words
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 18, 2024 8:43:56 GMT -5
Honō Yoshitaka
Honō Yoshitaka Avatar
groupGrass Shinobi
Honō Yoshitaka

"Grasshoppers can overwhelm even the strongest lion when there are enough of them,"
was the elder's reply, wondering briefly if the lion reference was due to his clan's contract with the large felines. Possible, but equally possible to be unintentional, amusing though. His attention turned to the proposal being put forward by the younger man, the amusement growing as Shin began outlining what was some sort of an informat network to the Daimyo's ex-spymaster. Though perhaps he intended it to be a bit more active and interconnected than the standard sort of spy network such as the one that Yoshitaka had been in charge of for years.

"I would be interested to see your full proposal for such an endeavour," slowly finishing his tea, the Honō put the implements away and got to his feet himself, cracking his neck and back with a pleased sound, "while I cannot be sure when the new lord himself will be able to see it, I can tell you that I am certainly within a position to at least review it, so please write up a more detailed plan and send it my way. If you cannot find me, you can leave it within the Honō compound for me, I will see it soon enough." Yoshitaka was curious just what the chuunin had in mind. Especially with the mention of a newspaper.

What novel idea might the younger man present to them? A fresh perspective was an exciting concept to the more experienced shinobi. Where some of his skill might assume they knew best and become entrenched in their opinions, Yoshitaka was quite pleased to see things from another's view.

"I hope you will think on the other things we have discussed as well though," he said with a chuckle, turning to walk away with a lazy wave, "until next time, ja ne"

[EXIT]

Word Count: 309
Tags:
Perceiving The World [Training][Honō Yoshitaka]Jan 18, 2024 12:46:45 GMT -5
Uehara Shin
Uehara Shin Avatar
groupnull

Shin had already left his cup of tea behind, remainingf perfectly half empty, or was it half full? He didn't purposely want to waste the tea, but he at first thought he could get Yoshitaka to comment on it. Anyways, now it was to late as they were already parting. Maybe there would be an opportunity to chat in the not too distant future. "I see, he's too busy after all. I'll make sure to send a report your way, I happen to know atleast one Honō who I can ask." He smiled as he watched this short term mentor of his clean up and prepare to leave. Shin certainly had more ideas then just a newspaper, like giving this country some better streets, educating the people even if the lived more on the countryside like the farmers or generally smaller towns. Also, while a ninja village wasn't the most fit for it by intention, connecting them to other countries, especially those around them, could keep them safe in some regards.

"I'll make sure to keep our conversation in mind well and try to improve myself. Next time I'll bring some nice tea leaves and so we can have a proper conversation." He was still standing there as Yoshitaka left and even as he had vanished from sight Shin was still standing there with a little smile on his lips, like a statue. After a few minutes his face relaxed and he pulled out a radio to go talk to resume business now that training turned out like this.

259 Words

[Exit]