Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)

compose a reply
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Mar 11, 2024 15:41:37 GMT -5
Kita Isamu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kita Isamu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday October 31st rank Jounin occupation ANBU Operative
He was able to take out the arm of the shippai he’d been facing, though at the cost of being engulfed in the flames of one of the other puppets. Having hopped out of the fire, he sent enough dirt and dust flying with the halberd to extinguish the flames for now. But now he had to focus. His puppet was down an arm, but still very much alive. There were two puppets in his way now, though thankfully one was focused on Ryoko rather than him.

A spike of annoyance managed to work its way through him as he ignored any burns he may have sustained, because in the next moment Ryoko had decided to come to his aid via chakra strings. Yanking the puppet harshly by the remaining arm, she’d created an opportunity for him… but that didn’t mean he needed her help! He took the chance that was given by to him, but offered no thanks to the girl, instead closing the chakra to his arms in a familiar move they would have already seen once today.

Gritting his teeth as the chakra flow kicked in, he used the same technique he’d used with lament earlier, more than a hundred rapid-fire thrusts of the heavy halberd hopefully being more effective than his past strikes on the big shippai. Between Ryoko’s pulling and his destructive technique, it would at least be enough to knock the thing over, hopefully. But there was still the matter of the second shippai. What to do with a wholly uninjured giant puppet with a flamethrower?

Tech used

NAME: Jōzan Surasuto [Multiplying Thrust]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
DESCRIPTION:
A fairly simple, yet deadly technique. By flowing chakra to the muscles in their arms the user is temporarily capable of stabbing their weapons with incredible speed, capable of performing roughly a hundred thrusts in just a few seconds. While this can prove deadly to anyone caught within the range of their weapon, it is also limited by that range. Additionally while the user's striking speed is increased, that is the only speed increased. Lastly this technique can only be utilized four times per engagement before the user begins to destroy the muscles in their arm(s).

last edit by Kita Isamu on Mar 11, 2024 15:42:29 GMT -5
Kitarial has written 28 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Mar 14, 2024 6:11:07 GMT -5
Moriko
I am a warm hug
Moriko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Academy Student occupation Full-Time Weapon

A Final Push Towards the Horizon

A magnificent sight to the young girl; the battlefield. It was gruesome, but she remembered worse times before she was given the chance to give warm hugs to those that needed them. Sumire so far was the only person she really wanted to have those sorts of embraces with long term though, and that tracked with the way that she did things. She usually didn't go out of the way to travel with other people, but sometimes you needed to venture, and when offered that chance she had jumped on it.

The boon of seeing so many high level fighters waltz their deadly craft around the battlefield only served to enhance this need for her to grow alongside her chosen kin, her blood brother, and forever continue her journey. The eclectic group that had been sent in support of the Ishi shinobi had performed valiantly thus far and from what she could understand there was even more to come given the appearance, or at least the sound of more combat happening beyond the enemies that Isamu was trying so hard to cut down. His stabbing didn't seem so effective on these massive machine-men like it would've on flesh, but it was fine. The other three largely were flinging tools of steel, or explosives to deal as much damage as possible from what she could see and it was just as dazzling as their close range skills they had relied on before.

TAG Hex: #f0a461 Notes?

Wisp has written 33 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Mar 26, 2024 17:37:48 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation
Immortal Machine: Right on Time
Support Squads Arrive at Coordinates
Eliminating the fluttering down explosion notes would be the only real eliminations this back-up had accomplished. The large puppets who'd charged in first would find the cover of fire not enough. Nor would the flamethrower puppets be able to expend an endless flame. Isamu's challenger perplexed and slightly perplexing the watching on flamer, as their halberd wielding arm would suddenly be stopped. Yanked away and seeming to pull it away from it's target, it'd resist and prevent itself being thrown into it's ally.

However as the puppet pulled itself towards Isamu, it'd just assure the hundred thrust of it's fallen comrades halberd succeeded. It wanted to block, it planned to block, but it didn't seem to be able to just free it's remaining arm. Instead a blur of blows would bash against it. The large and heavy halberd would do damage, but every blow would feel as though it'd dislocate the jounin's shoulder. Thankfully the skill of the technique would let it go without injury, but with a blind flurry of stabs enough would hit the puppets head. Destroying it's center of reason and senses, causing it to collapse unable to fight.

Immediately following the It That Kills attempting to burn Himari's target would find it's arm then pulled away. It'd in an attempt to release itself, use it's secondary arm to release another blaze of flame. This time it aimed directly at the ground engulfing itself in fire. As to attempt to destroy the invisible force attempting to restrain it's first arm, however once again the distraction would make it impossible to aid it's own ally. Though it wasn't sure where to focus it's attention as the Tantetsu would barrel past it and it's ally.

The fifth and seemingly most in charge puppet would receive the full assault of Souma. It'd not dodge in order to attempt it's own attack. Aiming it's fire now for the girl, but her body was capable of healing the damage. A factor this machine couldn't consider, it instead hoped to eliminate what was seeming to be one of the predominant threats. Granted Souma was also certainly the one to actually be closest to running low on energy, Ryoko close behind her due to their levels of development, but the rest of the squad was fairly close to high energy. Surely more than half their reserves remaining.

Souma's attack despite incredibly powerful wouldn't be the lead puppets only concern, as it'd be crumpled into itself and the ground. The medic would use the distracted damaged puppets unawareness and hole in it's chest to rip it away from the Okada who was distracting it and throw it atop the puppet she'd just 'smashed'. Neither was in the condition to be collapsed upon the other and though this attack wouldn't out right kill the second target, it'd be impaled upon it's ally in such away neither could 'move'. There were flailing limbs and flammable liquid dripping from both, a fire upon one soon reaching the other and both turned into their own little bonfire.

This left two puppets with flamethrowers left, they'd however seemingly look to each other and come to a very similar conclusion. Turning to keep a side of them looking at the Iwagakure shinobi, their little dugout and the Ishigakure shinobi past that. The two remaining large puppets would run from the shinobi, if chase was given they'd kick themselves into overdrive, as to run even faster from the now clearly overwhelming threat of the shinobi.

Immortal Machines:
Name: Skavengers Destroyed

-Fingers long and bladed
- Genin level skill
- Tai Sole

Name: It That Kills x2

-Wields massive glaive arms
- Chuunin level skill for those without flamethrower mod
- Spec Jounin level skill for those with flamer mod.
- Buki Sole's
OOC Notes: Ha Moriko is considered as equipment for the purpose of this event. I'm sorry to force a narrative upon Toff e and Kitarel, but please just stick to it for the purpose of my approval OOC to this IC happenstance. You guys can start with training together when called or whatever you feel works best, but for everyone else's sanity it'll be unknown most likely to the rest an Academy student is among you.

Chakra Cost Notice: Due to the length of distance travelled, the cost of actually using any jutsu would add up more than the cost I listed. So even if you ended last rotation using a different means to travel, the cost I laid out is all you actually paid. HOWEVER; if you used any jutsu prior and don't deactivate it upon arrival to keep going, it'll be assumed the cast is paid that rotation instead of simply charged the maintenance. Similarly any jutsu that's cast and activated later will still be charged. Otherwise, if you just flared up your travel simply take the medium cost + shunshin use or additional low if applicable.

Posting Order: There will not be a posting order due to the majority vote siding with a 72hr posting period.

Event Rank: A-rank expect it to be difficult and death to be a serious risk

Posting Time: 72hrs after my post, it'll be expected that I will post again. So please make sure you've got your posts in or let me know you need x-amount extension. I will be at work in 72hrs, so expect the next response around 8-9PM EST on 12/9. If you all continue to post quickly, I'll try to keep my pace up with you all. If you miss a post and don't notify me, I will NPC your character and not just assume they paralyzed for a rotation.

Final Note: Everyone please have fun, if you're having any concerns or feel underwhelmed, then please let me know. I'll do my best to make this a fun and difficult experience without being unfair.

Tags:

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE

Yoshiko has written 462 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Mar 30, 2024 23:36:55 GMT -5
Kita Isamu
Kita Isamu Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 26 years old birthday October 31st rank Jounin occupation ANBU Operative
Isamu’s technique actually managed to take down the enemy he was facing, though the annoyance at needing help to accomplish it was back. There wasn’t time for that, though, so he grit his teeth despite the pain that his technique had caused him. His teammates destroyed most of the other puppets in one blow, leaving only two left- who immediately turned to flee. Isamu, seeing this, would pull two Kunai and four explosive tags from his body seals, running after the two remaining puppets.

He wasn’t fast, but with luck, he’d be able to close enough distance to pull off his plan. Attempting to move closer, he’d launch the two Kunai in quick succession, now wrapped in explosive tags that he’d detonate when they reached the puppets. If the Kunai actually struck, he’d channel chakra into the tags to hopefully do some damage to their last two enemies and prevent them from escaping. Unfortunately, though, he wasn’t the fastest, so if his Kunai missed, or the explosions weren’t enough, he would be rather useless in catching both enemies.

Thankfully, though, the man felt as though this had to be almost over. He couldn’t sense any more signatures but the friendly ones and those last two puppets, which hopefully meant they were almost done and would be able to take a rest soon. Not that he minded the combat, but the enemy wasn’t the best match for his current skill set.
Kitarial has written 28 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Apr 1, 2024 0:45:55 GMT -5
Souma
Don't work smart, OR hard. Work smart- THEN hard.
Souma Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 15 years old birthday June 9th rank Tokubetsu Jounin occupation Ops Team Medic

Souma
Of the Tantetsu Clan
Chuunin, Iwagakure Medical Corps

@name | ### | notes

While Souma didn't put effort into pursuing the fleeing puppets, she did draw two kunai of her own and send them spiralling downfield. She had specific targets- the tanks for whatever that flamethrower fluid they used was. Her aim? To wedge the kunai in the tanks enough to leak, allowing the explosive tags Isamu was using to ignite the leaking fuel, travel into the tanks, and blow the puppets up properly!

That done, however, she released her jutsu, the steel cables dissolving into powdered metal. Despite having just been coated in flame- which she most visibly had been, albeit briefly- when the steel vanished, she seemed... unharmed.

Completely so.

She went into triage mode automatically, moving to check the wounded Ishigakure, and then the Iwagakure for any possible injuries, using her time wisely until Isamu reconvened to direct them further!

tl;dr
Threw a kunai at each fleeing bot's flamethrower tank, trying to make it leak so the explosive tags Isamu uses will blow them to smithereens by igniting all the fuel at once.

Looks over the Ishi + Iwa forces for injuries in need of tending while waiting for Isamu and further orders.

"Don't work smart, or hard. Work smart, then hard."

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 348 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Apr 1, 2024 13:27:10 GMT -5
aihara ryoko
aihara ryoko Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Escape from Ryoko was not so cut and dry as just running away quickly. Had she wanted she could have taken to the sky again, and she had little doubt her afterburners would let her catch any of them in short order, but that wasn’t going to happen. She had already used up too much chakra to waste it on an already routing enemy.

She watches the others settling as the skirmish was ending, and since she has a moment she sets to collecting her various weapons. A few waves of her hands brings the Doomstar back to her side, as well as her mercystars. She begins picking up the explosive notes she had scattered, the few still skyborn picked from the air and the others lifted from the ground by a number of obedient chakra threads.

All of them gather back to the Aihara, the Doomstar at her shoulder and other weapons waiting to be put back in their scrolls. She keeps a few of the explosive tags for herself and offers the others back to the Ishi nin.

She was pretty well off considering the intense battle she’d just witnessed. Of course she had the advantage of being able to hide behind the others. With her chakra spent and stamina flagging she breathes a little heavily, but otherwise she didn’t have a mark on her. Behind her mask she smirks a little, but she doesn’t bother with any comments.

Everyone had done pretty well, and she wasn’t really the sort to dish out compliments. Quite the contrary, really, if she wasn’t on the clock. So she watches and rests, waiting for the order to move on.

has written 301 posts
Immortal Machine: RoT (Support Squad)Apr 10, 2024 8:11:28 GMT -5
Yutakako Takara
Long Live Iwagakure
Yutakako Takara Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 45 years old birthday 10/29 rank Elite Jounin occupation
Immortal Machine: Right on Time
Support Squads Arrive at Coordinates
Attempting to use the enemies fire tanks against them certainly wasn't a bad idea, but they'd cover too much distance and the method used to pierce them was relatively ineffective. The tanks were some of the most guarded portions of the machine, so the kunai used didn't really have a chance to pierce the puppets. As they'd survived the force of blasts prior and were moving away from the kunai the C-rank equipment would be all but ineffective.

There'd be no further back-up though and with Kita's sensory they'd see the machines head off in the direction of the old mine. It'd not be totally apparent until they were given a full briefing by the Ishigakure shinobi. Though neither the Ishigakure or Iwagakure shinobi were in the shape to advance on the immortal machines 'hive'.

[End Thread]

Immortal Machines:
Name: Skavengers Destroyed

-Fingers long and bladed
- Genin level skill
- Tai Sole

Name: It That Kills 0

-Wields massive glaive arms
- Chuunin level skill for those without flamethrower mod
- Spec Jounin level skill for those with flamer mod.
- Buki Sole's
OOC Notes: Ha Moriko is considered as equipment for the purpose of this event. I'm sorry to force a narrative upon Toff e and Kitarel, but please just stick to it for the purpose of my approval OOC to this IC happenstance. You guys can start with training together when called or whatever you feel works best, but for everyone else's sanity it'll be unknown most likely to the rest an Academy student is among you.

Chakra Cost Notice: Due to the length of distance travelled, the cost of actually using any jutsu would add up more than the cost I listed. So even if you ended last rotation using a different means to travel, the cost I laid out is all you actually paid. HOWEVER; if you used any jutsu prior and don't deactivate it upon arrival to keep going, it'll be assumed the cast is paid that rotation instead of simply charged the maintenance. Similarly any jutsu that's cast and activated later will still be charged. Otherwise, if you just flared up your travel simply take the medium cost + shunshin use or additional low if applicable.

Posting Order: There will not be a posting order due to the majority vote siding with a 72hr posting period.

Event Rank: A-rank expect it to be difficult and death to be a serious risk

Posting Time: 72hrs after my post, it'll be expected that I will post again. So please make sure you've got your posts in or let me know you need x-amount extension. I will be at work in 72hrs, so expect the next response around 8-9PM EST on 12/9. If you all continue to post quickly, I'll try to keep my pace up with you all. If you miss a post and don't notify me, I will NPC your character and not just assume they paralyzed for a rotation.

Final Note: Everyone please have fun, if you're having any concerns or feel underwhelmed, then please let me know. I'll do my best to make this a fun and difficult experience without being unfair.

Tags:

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE

Yoshiko has written 462 posts