Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]

compose a reply
Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Mar 2, 2024 1:35:09 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

He was picking up speed, avoiding more than he had, but she could see the way that the Senju head was starting to flag now, they had been moving at high intensity and even with her toned down gentle fist it was clear that she had struck him enough that he was going to be getting increasingly less benefit from this training right now. And so, when his hand raised to signal for a break, her own flashed quickly through a trio of seals and she struck him a few more times, lightning quick, fingers tapping some key parts of his body.

For a moment he might think she had refused to stop when asked, but almost the instant her fingers touched him this time a cool wave flowed through his body and seemed to alleviate the pain as she hit him with Chintsu-Zai this time, instead of a gentle fist blow, the painkiller jutsu soothing inflammation and blocking pain receptors for a few hours.

"Are you calling me old Kazuto-dono?" Hitomi asked with a raised eyebrow and faux severity, "you're about the same age as I am after all." Stepping back to fix her hair slightly with all the poise expected of a Hyūga, she patted herself down briefly before sighing, "I don't suppose you carry water on you do you? I wasn't expecting this this morning after all, and I could use a drink."

She didn't comment on his progress yet, waiting for them both to settle back into non-combat mindset as she slipped her hands into her sleeves before flexing her fingers carefully. He was... really sturdy.

Word Count: 270
Tags:
Training: 8/8
Jutsu Used:

NAME: Chintsu-Zai [Pain Reliever]

CHAKRA USAGE: Medium

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]

ELEMENT: -

HANDSEALS: 3 [Dog, Dragon, Ox]

REQUIREMENT: Chakra Control SA, Medical Training SA

DESCRIPTION:

A technique that simulates the effects of mild man-made painkillers. The user sends a quick series of healing pulses through his/her own body or a target's (touching the fingertips or palm firmly to any area). These pulses rapidly alter the body's production of particular prostaglandins, alleviating rapidly most mild or moderate pain the target is experiencing. The effect lasts for a couple hours ICly--similar to a standard pain pill. While some prostaglandins produced by the body are inflammatory by nature, they have a greater effect on the body as a whole--meaning that repeated use of this technique over time can adversely affect larger processes such as immune response, kidney filtration efficiency, regulation of hormones and inflammation, the dilation/constriction of muscle cells, etc. In other words: it can be used instead of painkiller pills, but not as an everyday thing, as it is just as harmful long-term as prescription pills that do the same thing.

NOTE: Cannot be used while in active combat. Ideal for post-combat pain management and field procedures.

Eleri has written 78 posts
Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Mar 6, 2024 0:48:00 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 03/20 rank Jōnin occupation ANBU Captain

He recoiled away from the incoming strike, wondering if she would continue the attack in a rather merciless manner, but to his surprise, he felt the pain and exertion that his body had being enduring, washing away, dulling when it wasn't completely gone. He fell rejuvenated in many ways and even though he still felt the lingering effects of some of the later strikes. He got himself to his feet, taking a moment to breath in the air of the forest before turning his gaze to the Hyuga, rising an eyebrow. "No." He admitted at her first question, if anything she looked younger than him. "But your strikes made me feel triple my age."

The Senju admitted with some laughter. As she would ask for water, he would fumble through the belongings that he had brought with him during the translation, plucking a silver cylinder that he would pass to Hitomi. "It is a couple days old, but it is better than nothing." The Senju added. In truth, he guessed that he for someone who was part of ANBU, water that had been sealed for a couple of days was a luxury in the middle of a long deployment.

"Failing that, I can make some water with some of my jutsu." He allowed the offer to lay there as he looked for a tree stump to sit on. His hand rubbing as the flesh of his shoulder, attempting ease the discomfort that had remained there until he could just endure it. "So, actually, how am I doing?" He asked earnestly, he supposed he wanted to hear an honest opinion from a peer and to at least justify to his wife what had caused him the bruising all over his body.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Harukei has written 2,151 posts
Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Mar 10, 2024 6:49:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 25 years old birthday 21st March rank Special Jounin occupation Academy Instructor

Hyūga Hitomi

"Flattery will get you... somewhere, probably, not sure where," she replied with a flippant wave of a hand as she caught the water bottle that he passed to her, pouring some of the liquid into her mouth from a few inches away. It was somewhat warm and metallic but considering the intensity of their impromptu workout she wasn't going to complain. She threw the water container back to the Senju head and stretched out with a sigh.

"You got better rather rapidly, though you probably want to keep working at it," she stated as she grabbed a rather appealing looking stick, whirling it casually in her hand to test its weight and balance. A perfect hiking staff, and a nice little curve at the end that she could use to hook people's limbs if she wanted to... neat.

"I think you want to be able to aim to at least dodge the thirty two palms level of speed," Hitomi mused, "I'm not the greatest jyuken practitioner, but I'm not the worst either, so being able to do something like that will likely be a good starting goal. I think you managed to avoid over half of that by the time we got through this session, which is pretty quick." That was the thing about the eight trigram techniques, they tended to fall within roughly the same time as each other, which meant they became rapid blurs of movement at the higher levels. Being able to dodge 16 strikes that went as quickly as two regular strikes was a relatively impressive feat.

The 32 and 64 that came after that... well, that was much tricker to achieve.

Word Count: 276
Tags:
Training: 9/8
Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Mar 17, 2024 0:16:43 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"The strikes are nigh simultaneous." Kazuto replied, not complaining, but simply sharing his point of view in the training. The strikes had seem like a blur to him at first, then he had moved with memorization of strikes as he felt them through his body to give his body time to adapt to the speed of the strikes, all whilst keeping his attention to Hitomi, trying to read her attacks via the subtle movements of her eyes, the signs of her muscles contracting as his brain tried to process the attacks that the Hyuga was launching. "I think I have gotten used to them, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I can follow them completely."

"Other than that." He said, turning to his acquaintance. "I think you're selling yourself short. If this had been real, you could've killed me three times over." He had seen and faced the strike of Hyuga before, whilst he had faced something that had been stronger than what Hitomi had attempted on him, he had seen far worse and slower in terms of the execution of the technique. "A little bit more of training and practice and you'll be an ever bigger menace to any enemy unfortunate enough to cross your path." He said as he raised from his seat.

"And you held back on strength of your blows, which makes that even more worrisome." The Senju said in a somewhat somber tone, flashing a quick smile. He knew the supreme effort she took to simply not break him as if he was made out of glass. His wife did the same many times as well, whenever they trained she needed to restrain herself from unleashing the full berth of her strength just to minimize whatever damage she could do if the hit were to land on him.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Apr 5, 2024 9:00:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Hitomi
Hyūga Hitomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Hyūga Hitomi

"Sure, so if you can dodge that then you can dodge anything, ne?" Hitomi replied, trying to give him the confidence to take on the task through her casual response. "And we both know my brother is better than I am," she equally waved off his complements. Hideki was rather deep in ANBU, and few enough people even realised she had a twin because of it, but her male counterpart was definitely a master of the clan taijutsu. But he wasn't the designated clan head, she was, and her deficiencies in the Gentle Fist were an area that concerned her immensely right now, as it was a quick and easy weakpoint to target regarding her position.

It also didn't help that she hadn't actually been on a proper mission since she had become Chuunin, Urashi's restrictions on her having kept her in village for a long time, coupled with her role as both an Academy Instructor and a part timer at the hospital and now Clan Head. Her self confidence wasn't quite as high as it seemed most of the time, at least when it came to her ability as a field kunoichi. She was strong, sure, and smart, but was she capable in a combat situation?

Less easy for her to tell.

"At any rate, make sure to keep practicing, perhaps we can make it a regular occurance if Miho-dono doesn't mind," she teased, stretching out before looking towards Kazuto, "now if you could get me back to the village, I have a meeting with Hokage-sama before I start my classes for the day~" 

Word Count: 265
Tags:
Training: 10/8

Feinting Withdrawal - [Hitomi/Training]Apr 9, 2024 19:43:20 GMT -5
Senju Kazuto
No Remorse, No Fear!
Senju Kazuto Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Huh." The Senju managed a chuckle at her words and compliments. "I'll do my best to keep working on training to dodge." Kazuto promised. It was a good progress and certainly not something definitive, but it was a good stepping stone still. As she mentioned to make this a likely occurrence that his wife would be approving off, another chuckle escaped his lips on whether or not his wife would agree with this. He didn't know Miho to be the jealous kind but the more secret they kept the rumors about this training that he was receiving perhaps it would be the better. Less scrutiny to both parties.

"I'm sure if we make this an occasional meeting for training, she will be glad for every mission I return thanks to the guidance and drills you have provided." He allowed. He didn't exactly what relationship the two women had, even before she had become the head of the Hyuga, Hitomi hadn't been a regular within the Senju Compound and at the moment she couldn't be until the discontent of her clan would be quieted enough for diplomatic relations to open again. "Perhaps some tea once your elders are made content." Kazuto said with a chuckle before he would place his hand on her shoulder.

"Take a deep breath, would you?" He told her before he closed his eyes, honing into the marker he had placed on the administrative building of the village, drawing a deep breath of his own before he locked in and the two vanished from the forest they had used as training ground. The grey void met them for a brief instance until it was abruptly replaced by the roof of the village's administration building and the village itself at large. "I thought I'd save you the walk." Kazuto offered.

-tag-

-words-

-notes-

---

-music-

---

MADE BY VEL OF GS