The Fastest Ostrich [Training]

compose a reply
The Fastest Ostrich [Training]Feb 24, 2024 6:18:51 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 16 November 1009 rank Genin occupation Team 1
"Don’t eat that-” Ameko found the words dying in her mouth as she watched the girl snack on a piece of ham. It was an offcut, certainly not appropriate for human consumption. Sure, she likely wasn’t going to be sick from it, but the risk… well it was certainly existent, "That’s- It’s for hyenas.”

Ameko sighed. The girl was obviously injured, and it was at least partially Ameko’s fault. Not entirely, but at least a little bit. Scratching the ears of the hyena, Ameko pondered her next steps for a moment, before nodding.

"Come on then, let’s get you home,” Ameko offered a hand to Senshi, before hoisting her up and wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "We can get something to eat and do some actual training tomorrow.”

Ameko didn’t focus on her flub of words, her admission of guilt, and instead moved on to more pressing matters. Mostly the food.

"You were pretty quick,” Ameko started, "Probably worked up an appetite. I’m sure the bento you brought is better than a bit of old meat we feed off to hyenas… You know in the wild they eaten carrion and other leftover food, right? Why’d you go and snack on the ham?”

bonobo has written 141 posts
The Fastest Ostrich [Training]Feb 24, 2024 7:12:23 GMT -5
Kyokujitsu Senshi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kyokujitsu Senshi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday January 7 rank Genin occupation Genin Team 1 Member
She was told not to take a bite of the ham, and yet, she did. A little bit too late for the intervention, but oh well. When they walked on over, and an arm was wrapped around Senshi's shoulders, she slowly leans into Ameko's embrace and felt fulfilled. Like she really accomplished something. That she was growing. Even if the training was a lie, she found herself slowly looking on over. "I appreciate the training. Every lil' bit of it." Slowly looking to the little buddy, she abandons the meat belt for it to snack on. Though. She found herself looking on over at Ameko with a level of clarity.

"Well...Because they aren't wild. They're your friends and partners. So. I figured that you'd feed them the best stuff. And if it was good enough for them. It's good enough for me." She says rather innocently, as she cuddles up a little bit closer. "They aren't runnin' around and eating bodies and stuff." As they walked off together towards Ameko's home, she could feel a slight stinging sensation. She was sure the hyena hadn't intended on hurting her, but the nip was enough to get her self conscious about doing more stupid things for at least a time. Besides, she had someone to really guide her and make her something better.

"...Thank you Ame-Nee."
Dandead10 has written 191 posts
The Fastest Ostrich [Training]Feb 24, 2024 7:34:00 GMT -5
Warai Ameko
Might makes right
Warai Ameko Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 16 November 1009 rank Genin occupation Team 1
She felt bad, she really did. The girl wasn’t as bad as she seemed, maybe she was stupid, well she was almost certainly stupid, her earlier behaviour, her continued behaviour, made that patently clear. But, Ameko was beginning to realise, she likely wasn’t malicious. Foolish, yes, exceedingly so. But it was with a certain guilt that Ameko realised that Senshi’s cruel prank was likely born out of a genuine desire to play along with Ameko. Here she was, having been chased by hyenas, bitten and bloody, thanking the girl who had put her into that situation. Ameko was a lot of things, but she wasn’t heartless.

So it was only natural that she forced those emotions down and maintained her stoic facade, "Yeah… Well… Happy to help.”

Adjusting the weight of the blonde so that she was more comfortable, the two walked back to the house. Whatever Ameko;s initial intention had been, it was clear that no further training would be coming on this day. Not with Senshi injured as she was.

Conversation would need to do, conversation and then later food.

"Yeah, well, they’re our companions. But their instincts, their core, its still wild. Don’t forget that. Don’t matter how cute they are, don’t go playing with them unless someone is around… I mean that.”

"You’re welcome,”
Ameko answered her thanks, and felt guilty as hell for doing so, "Come on, when you get home, you can rest and I’ll serve up the food… Welcome again.”

bonobo has written 141 posts